Heiden's art thread????

Heiden

Hi!! This is my first time doing an art thread, so if do anything wrong just let me know!!! (But also I'm excited!!!!)

I love to draw and have been doing it for most of my life, but have only recently started taking art classes so I'm really excited to see what new things I can learn!!! 

Some links to other of my art and games (i like making games about my OCs, haha. So if u wanna play free games theres that!!):

Twitter: @dieletztenrosen

Itch.io: heiden.itch.io

Fire Emblem Fanart! (Mostly FE7 stuff, haha;)

Spoiler

niniannilsdanceff.png.40dfdd84dd635e12f3070d31733e5686.pngbestboi.thumb.png.5ad052b3584bb61d70833b575ae83b42.png

bros.thumb.png.e98ea26e6d217c8d5b51b556616468c5.pngike.thumb.png.fd8057a8db4ff5c4dad60fe2bad48960.pngserraerkmerge.thumb.png.53f4c491e29a02ab448de44550de07dc.pngkadenplant.png.984325ee9d889a1f39abd55f95cb50d3.pngfcorrin.thumb.png.485f8618b0a4985d54f38408bb3f8e2c.pngdragonsibs.thumb.png.73bb5aaafb3c4f9027a6082a75c858c1.pnglushlucius.thumb.png.b2771be2dcd0eb14f1f66147700c076c.pnglinde.thumb.png.63fff6414068f316c6bc620d14997a8e.png×  Pasted as rich te

ninian.thumb.png.ebb875f18f52d25bef16eec2746a312c.png

longqu.png.1ee66bb35ceebd953ba054d591e25b15.pngchroommm.png.7d960617ca8e5c660137620d9fba4c6e.png xt.   Paste as plain text instead

And I also really really like OCs!! (Plz ask me about my OCs I love talking about them!!!) So here's some OCs here!

Spoiler

5caa15f6f3838_familyiguess.thumb.png.ffb5a58714e367ad9fae1ab506396d81.png

5caa1603aaf29_madoodle.thumb.png.d28b48b033a4668477dc3f0431b98e84.png

barajam.thumb.png.e09527e344e2b05e2abec2f38ef22a50.png

dogandgirl.thumb.png.4de586277b0718a004a088f83305ea69.png

mz.thumb.png.e0a3399c86f15f67dc8fb0ebc9985cfc.png

mickzech.thumb.png.55fe6d494eca73486cd1d4c8ff66c49b.png

gwen.png.2d8e8e85f8939e51120bcdc45f303b0c.png

Edited by Heiden

Oh! Those three! (YAAAY thank u for asking me about my OCs, I LOVE Talking about them AAHH It also helps to figure out the world building and stuff when I gotta explain them to other ppl :D)

foundfam.png

Unfortunately, these three dont have names yet XD But!! They're supposed to be sort of anti-heroes in a strategy RPG (???) I wanna make one day. 

Also im putting this behind a spoiler b/c... wow this ended up being longer than anticipated. 

Spoiler

On a continent, there are two neighboring countries. One to the east, the other to the west. The east one has a central flat landscape, and the people who live there occupy the majority of the country's population. There are a few scattered villages to the far east, that are nestled up against the mountains there, which are populated mostly by farmers and low ranking people. In one of these outer villages, the guy (dude above to the right!) was born and raised. His father was a farmer, and his mother was a retired mercenary who originally hailed from a mountain tribe which was known for it's strength and uncanny eyesight. His mother was excommunicated from her tribe for falling in love with a 'lowlander'.

He grows up with a peaceful childhood, until his parents die (it's... an RPG, everyone's parents are dead haha) and he's given over to the Crown's Orphans. The Crown's Orphans raise unwanted children to become soldiers, which is a respectable job in this country. The other children in this orphanage tease and harass the guy for his weird speech patterns and customs (he was raised with his mother's traditions), as well as being from a "hick" area of the country.  He quickly learns that strength was the only thing that would raise himself up through the world, and prevent the other ppl to make fun of him. So he doubles down on his soldier persona and cuts off all emotion to become more efficient. 

He steadily rises through the ranks, and by this point a war has broken out between the Western Country and the Eastern Country (our guy is part of the Eastern country army) and he's deployed on many battles. And he's successful, and kills many enemies and again rises through the ranks. One of these people he ends up killing happens to be the Protagonist's brother, which the Protagonist sees happen and vows revenge. 

As the war drags on, the Eastern country begins losing footing, and in a desperate move begins to lure the enemy soldiers into the more mountainous north in hopes of dragging the mountain tribes there also into the fight. Seeing these tactics being deployed, the guy begins to become more and more disillusioned with what he's doing but doesn't see a way out for himself. If his country wins, he'll still have to fight for his place.

Meanwhile, a little girl (little girl above in front! :D) keeps appearing near the army's campsites, and the guy recognizes her as part of one of the mountain tribe of the area. He keeps telling her that it's not safe here for her, but she's a snot-nosed brat and yells at him haha. (She's like, 7). Eventually, he sees her so many times he starts to... worry a little bit about her. (Which obviously surprises himself, because he hasn't felt anything for SO LONG) He gets to know a little more about her and apparently, her parents are dead (RIP, no parents live in this RPG) and she's looking for her older sister who wandered off without her. 

Things come to a head, and the guy defects from the army he had been serving and decides to go help the little girl find her sister. He's not really expecting to live much longer (people coming for his head, and also finding less and less opportunities before him), so he decides to at least help this little girl before whatever happens happens. He's surprised to find out that her sister isn't just another snot nosed brat that keeps shooting rocks at his head when he's not looking, but an ephemeral woman near his age.

Turns out she's a priestess of the mountain tribe (that is currently fighting skirmishes with the Western country and quickly becoming extinct), who was given their sacred bow to travel to the shrines scattered across the hillsides and shoot ceremonial arrows at each of them as part of a ritual. She's aloof, and doesnt pay any attention to her little sister and frequently walks off without her. 

This is turning out really long, HAHA;; But basically the guy starts to settle down in the mountains, trying to etch out a relatively normal life, and begins to look after the little girl. Until the protagonist shows up to take his revenge, but has to come to terms with the fact that the person who killed his brother... seems to be a human being, instead of the monster he had pictured in his head. 

WOW THIS WAS LONG AAAHH, but yeah that's basically... those three in a nutshell! :D :D

3 minutes ago, Heiden said:

Oh! Those three! (YAAAY thank u for asking me about my OCs, I LOVE Talking about them AAHH It also helps to figure out the world building and stuff when I gotta explain them to other ppl :D)

Unfortunately, these three dont have names yet XD But!! They're supposed to be sort of anti-heroes in a strategy RPG (???) I wanna make one day.

You know, Fire Emblem has a considerable fangame scene, though very few people manage to finish their games.  You could think of said fangames as practically being large OC showcases, though I prefer to think of them as testing grounds for game balancing theory.

The most popular way to make a Fire Emblem fangame is to make a ROM hack of Sacred Stones.  Right now FEBuilder is the most popular tool for this.  However, there's another software out there called SRPG Studio that you can buy from Steam.  It costs about $60, but is very flexible and good for doing things that deviate from the common Fire Emblem formula.

I myself am making a game called Sanctaea Chronicles in SRPG Studio that features many OCs of mine.  The thread for the game is in my signature.  The current version is about halfway done.

1 hour ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

You know, Fire Emblem has a considerable fangame scene, though very few people manage to finish their games.  You could think of said fangames as practically being large OC showcases, though I prefer to think of them as testing grounds for game balancing theory.

The most popular way to make a Fire Emblem fangame is to make a ROM hack of Sacred Stones.  Right now FEBuilder is the most popular tool for this.  However, there's another software out there called SRPG Studio that you can buy from Steam.  It costs about $60, but is very flexible and good for doing things that deviate from the common Fire Emblem formula.

I myself am making a game called Sanctaea Chronicles in SRPG Studio that features many OCs of mine.  The thread for the game is in my signature.  The current version is about halfway done.

OOhh, that's cool!! I don't know if I'm ready to jump into any active development on a SRPG at the moment, but I have heard of SRPG Studio and I was looking at it a few months back... I've been teaching myself unity and am currently making a point + click game to get used to the Unity workflow. (And then after that maybe an incredibly basic SRPG for something like Ludum Dare?? Don't wanna get too ahead of myself though. :D)

I just hope that my game would be accepted in the fangame scene if it's deviating too much from the FE mold...

And that's awesome you're making a game! :D I took a peek earlier actually and thought it looked super cool! Good luck with that!!

21 minutes ago, Heiden said:

OOhh, that's cool!! I don't know if I'm ready to jump into any active development on a SRPG at the moment, but I have heard of SRPG Studio and I was looking at it a few months back... I've been teaching myself unity and am currently making a point + click game to get used to the Unity workflow. (And then after that maybe an incredibly basic SRPG for something like Ludum Dare?? Don't wanna get too ahead of myself though. :D)

I just hope that my game would be accepted in the fangame scene if it's deviating too much from the FE mold...

And that's awesome you're making a game! :D I took a peek earlier actually and thought it looked super cool! Good luck with that!!

Cool!  Good luck with Unity.  You don't really need a lot of programming knowledge to make a Fire Emblem clone in SRPG Studio.  More ambitious projects will likely require custom scripting in JavaScript, but on the /r/SRPGStudio Discord server we've got two very talented scripters by the names of Goinza and Lady Rena making advances in what the rest of us can do.

2 hours ago, Cure Naga said:

Umm. Are all of these characters going to be from the same game or are there different game ideas? Also, who is Gwendolyn or the person with Clairvoyance? Good luck with your game!  

Different games! (I couldn't imagine myself trying to make a game with that large of a cast!! O.O;;)

And Gwendolyn!! Is the main character of What Lies Ahead, the next game I wanna make! :D (Once I get more used to Unity)

(These characters have names! XD)

She's a little girl who's family came from Schtippen which is a very small mountainous country that is also very religious and remote. Some children born there have odd gifts, that are said to be gifts from a mischevious goat spirit who steals some of the great Mother Mountain's magic to give to the children. Gwendolyn was born in Schtippen and moved away with her family, and on her 10th birthday they discover that she has one of the goat spirit's 'gifts', that of clairvoyance. Her father is very upset about this, because Gwendolyn's uncle also has the 'gift' of clairvoyance and it caused a very large rift in their family (and one of the reasons he moved away from the country to begin with). The story opens up with Gwendolyn being handed over to her uncle to be raised, since children with the goat spirit's 'gifts' are all raised in a small village on the very top of the mountain.  The clairvoyance works that if you look into someone's eyes, you have a chance to see an event of "high emotion" and you must tell this person what you have seen. It doesn't always work, and usually the things the clairvoyant sees are quite disturbing. Most of the previous gift havers of clairvoyance went insane before they died. 

The story plays as a point and click adventure, where you play as Gwendolyn as she goes through the village talking to villagers and watching events unfold. You play through 8 days, 2 in spring, 2 in summer, 2 in fall and 2 in winter. Choices you make in one day has repercussions on days in the future, and so forth. :D

Here's some more pictures of Gwendolyn + friends~! :D

Spoiler

gwenturnaroundsmall.png

elwinturnaroundsmall.png

(This is her uncle! :D Elwin!)

nilaturnaroundsmall.png

(This is Nila, a mercenary woman who works odd jobs for Elwin. She likes bringing Gwendolyn candy she's picked up in her travels but Gwendolyn thinks she's scary!!)

mules.png?width=1202&height=677

(Nila travels with a Schtippenmule that Gwendolyn is fascinated with)

inventorysketchup.png?width=1202&height=

inventorysketchup2.png?width=1202&height

(What the game will play like! :D)

Edited by Heiden

3 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Cool!  Good luck with Unity.  You don't really need a lot of programming knowledge to make a Fire Emblem clone in SRPG Studio.  More ambitious projects will likely require custom scripting in JavaScript, but on the /r/SRPGStudio Discord server we've got two very talented scripters by the names of Goinza and Lady Rena making advances in what the rest of us can do.

That's great to hear! :D If I ever try out SRPG Studio I'll def check out the Discord!

takumi.png?width=384&height=474

This was a little warmup sketch I colored of Takumi!!

I've been taking an oil painting class so I tried to apply a little bit of the color mixing to this piece. It's fun to try to apply traditional techniques to digital painting and vice versa. 

henry.png?width=587&height=676

Practicing lineart! :D Drew a Henry, haha. I've never drawn him before so getting all the little details in his clothes was a little hard!!!

And??? A screenshot of my WIP game?? I think that can go here XD;; (This is what I've been mostly working on recently!!!)

H5DqiPx.png

3nMyqGu.png

2 minutes ago, Heiden said:

Uh oh... I hope he doesn't look too much like Joker :'D.... (Any resemblance is by accident haha;)

I'd suggest changing his hair color to red or something like that, and his attire to really anything else.

2 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

I'd suggest changing his hair color to red or something like that, and his attire to really anything else.

I'm too far into the dev cycle to make any major changes like that. (And Zechariah is based on Mickey's look, so I would have to change what he looks like as well)

Maybe I'll add some DLC later to insert a not!Morgana as well :P

Drew some more pics! :D

hrid.png?width=593&height=473

Drew a Hrid as a warmup piece!

uhhppl.png?width=549&height=473

S-some random people??!!? (Okay I confess, these two were supposed to be FE charas but I was too lazy that day to look up refs, so I just... tried to draw them from extremely fuzzy memory)

VvKbLft.png?width=727&height=474

2ZdfbVC.png?width=777&height=473

And some progress pics of my game :D

I have a self-imposed deadline of this Sunday to get a finished full first playable draft of my game and I look to be on target so far!! Just gonna keep working hard! 

• 3 months later...

Whoo an update~! :D 

A Flayn!!

tumblr_pw5ih0UkKy1rdigkno3_1280.png

A recent doodle I liked how it came out :D

tumblr_pw5ih0UkKy1rdigkno4_1280.png

And I finished the Unity game I was working on! :D :D You can play it in browser here! https://heiden.itch.io/nb107a

D-6dBbtXoAAgT_b?format=png&name=small

tumblr_pw5j772FUE1rdigkno2_1280.jpg

And I also finished ANOTHER game, this one I made in 48 hours!! Its called The Girl with the Gray Hair Awakens, and I even got accepted into a local game showcase to present it?!?! (!!!!)

f+Jifu.png

aHjoyz.png

EAAmZkuXkAAjHV8?format=jpg&name=4096x409

• 1 year later...

Has it been 2 years? Yes. But here's an update!

After NB107A and Girl with the Gray Hair Awakens, I then released Kill the Prince?!, A New Don, and Heart is Muscle! (And Girl with the Gray Hair even got accepted into an event at the SMITHSONIAN?!?! Holy shit. )

5d46f2913e0781005e4984d7a4a2366e9f21e9e1

f7b77981358ee4c63885377235da8abf3a76e991

I have a release trailer for Heart is Muscle, even! :D

Heart is Muscle Release Trailer

Now I'm finally working on my fire emblem inspired game, called Ziva! I'm going for a gothic horror vibe this time. :) 

E1e15niXsAMipwq?format=jpg&name=medium

E4nG3CzXEAcNNF0?format=jpg&name=mediumE2cWQN7XoAY7WpG?format=jpg&name=large

I started teaching myself Unity back in 2018 and only now do I feel comfortable enough to attempt this FE inspired game! Very happy to see how far I've come! :D