New Heroes Arrive : Out of Gallia (April 10~)

Coolmanio

2 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Oh yeah pat on the back to IS for once again another new hero banner with NO ALTS, thank god.  Yes and 3 males to 1 female which is refreshing to see as well.  

They seem to have finally learned their lesson.  If you don't count the Adrift banner, I think the last one with an alt was Flying Olivia, unless I'm forgetting someone.  (Although that was right before we had a long string or irregular banners that were seasonal, so it's not that long ago it terms of number of banners.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmm... will probably use some of my orbs until I pull one of them, but otherwise not too crazy about this banner (No Best Girl Laguz Vika in it).

Good luck to everyone going for their favorite furry.

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Nailah would like to have a word with you.

We've already gotten 3 melee armors since the start of Gen 3. They've so far had no stat differences compared to Gen 2.

none of them were Beast units. Well luckily he only works well in an all Armor Dragon group / all beast mixedgroup because otherwise no Armor March for him. in amiced group no DC

Assuming we're getting a new FB and Tickets, internally depressed because it seems I can never escape Red Hell. Of course the one Beast that interests me would be Red. I almost want to ignore it and just pull on Blue just because~

23 minutes ago, Hilda said:

none of them were Beast units. Well luckily he only works well in an all Armor Dragon group / all beast mixedgroup because otherwise no Armor March for him. in amiced group no DC

There's no reason to believe that they're treating beast units any differently than other melee units yet.

We've had no non-beast melee infantry since the start of Gen 3, but the fact that all Gen 1 and Gen 2 infantry have the ability to receive 5 extra Dragonflowers seems to indicate that all Gen 3 melee infantry are getting the same boost as the Gen 3 beast infantry. Roy and Rutger exist. And have the same stats as Keaton and Velouria. Lugh got the same Gen 3 boost, too, though he still has the ranged penalty.

We also already know that Gen 3 beast cavalry have no stat difference compared to Gen 2 melee cavalry.

Edited by Ice Dragon

JESUS CHRIST IT'S A LION GET IN THE CAR What in the goddamn hell is Caineghis' kit? I was joking about Armor Beasts having Distant Counter as their transformation effect. This is fucking terrifying.

You can't even use Raventomes on him reliably because of Distant Def 4 and his Stance Spectrum. Hope you guys remembered to invest in armorbusters.

Edited by Some Jerk

Caineghis is our second melee unit with a conditional Distant Counter after Saber. I wonder who will be the next ranged unit with a conditional Close Counter. Caineghis's Lion King Fang conditions might be harder or be more finnicky to fulfill than with Saber's Celica's Golden Saber Dagger whose base kit already fulfills its requirements. Caineghis needs to be transformed for it to be active which means he needs to be alone or be adjacent to a beast or dragon ally. On an armor team, he's the only beast armor and M!Grima and Idunn are the only dragon armors in the regular summoning pool. On a dragon team or a beast team, it would be easier, however, he could get left behind and he wouldn't be able to make use of Ward Armor/Beast/Dragon stacking which hilariously enough is probably better than Distant Guard on him when he's on an armor team or Armor March.

Or Mordecai or Odin with his unique refined tome could just Smite him somewhere, have him transform as he's alone on the next turn if he wasn't already transformed, and let him tear everyone a new one. Anyway, just me thinking about stuff.

As for Haar being a GHB. Really, developers? Really? Why the fuck do we still not have a new axe flier in the regular summoning pool? We have them in the seasonal pool and probably the legendary/mythic pool when Hel is eventually added, but for goddamn. And Minerva is no longer going to show up in the new heroes and new seasonal banners. To this day, Beruka, Camilla, and Cherche are the only axe fliers in the regular summoning pool. Are they good units? Yes, but they're the only regular axe fliers. Want a speedy axe flier? You're going to need to summon for summer Innes or even New Year's Azura who's better used as a refresh unit or wait for Hel judging from her enemy stats and one of the manga chapters. Want a high resistance axe flier who isn't Camilla? Yeah, we don't have that. We don't even have inheritable axe equivalents to Barrier Blade/Berkut's Lance let alone Safeguard/Vanguard or Reprisal Lance where Beruka, Camilla, and Narcian could use to become better mixed tanks. Freaking Haar is probably going to come with Brave Axe or worse, Firesweep Axe causing another Gerome situation where if you want an axe equivalent that can be summoned, you need to sacrifice a limited unit or spend grails. Speaking of which, why the hell do we still not have Blarwolf and B Tomebreaker in the regular summoning pool? At least you can get Keen Gronnwolf through a 5* only summon.

Jill, Scarlet, and whoever else who is or can be an axe flier better not show up as a GHB to TT unit in the future because goddamn.

16 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

They seem to have finally learned their lesson.  If you don't count the Adrift banner, I think the last one with an alt was Flying Olivia, unless I'm forgetting someone.  (Although that was right before we had a long string or irregular banners that were seasonal, so it's not that long ago it terms of number of banners.

Ah don't remind me of Adrift....we got Mikoto and 3 alts, and they called it a new heroes banner.  I do agree that is appears they are learning their lesson.  All new hero banners this year have been alt free.  Laguz royals was 50/50 male female, male GHB.  Fox Wolf was 50/50 male female, female GHB  Binding blade was 3 female, 1 male, male GHB.  Now we are getting to even that out 3 male, 1 female, male GHB.  It gives me a lot of hope for the future.  

12 minutes ago, Kaden said:

As for Haar being a GHB. Really, developers? Really? Why the fuck do we still not have a new axe flier in the regular summoning pool?

Yeah, that's one of the reasons I'm actually kinda pissed Haar ended up as a GHB. Oh well, at least I'm guaranteed to get him.

As for the actual banner....welp, here we go again. Hopefully I'll actually get more than one focus unit this time, unlike back on Rulers of the Laguz.

Aggh why did they have to add Ranulf now?? After I spend all of my orbs on the Mythic banner too? I only have 25 orbs currently... and was planning to save for the Bride rerun and Tiki's return at the end of May.

Okay so Ranulf ranks higher on my list of favourites than them, so I am going to predict another month long orb drought for me. Experiences have taught me not to expect a demote from this banner and hoping to be pity broken by him somewhere down the line is no longer a reliable option as of the last channel. This is going to be tough..

I can't even afford to look at the rest. Good they are in, but I don't really care too much. Except Caineghis makes it much less likely for Skrimir to be added later. (just like Tibarn did for Janaff and Ulki and Naesala for Nealuchi and Vika). Haar GHB sounds great. Mayve I'll finally use an axe flier on a regular basis. On the other hand, Intsys has a history of mishandling strong popular males (Rutger being the most recent exampel), so I hope they don't ruin him.

17 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

There's no reason to believe that they're treating beast units any differently than other melee units yet.

We've had no non-beast melee infantry since the start of Gen 3, but the fact that all Gen 1 and Gen 2 infantry have the ability to receive 5 extra Dragonflowers seems to indicate that all Gen 3 melee infantry are getting the same boost as the Gen 3 beast infantry.

We also already know that Gen 3 beast cavalry have no stat difference compared to Gen 2 melee cavalry.

@Hilda I'm an idiot. Legendary Roy and Rutger both exist and have the same base stats as Keaton and Velouria.

Yeah. No reason at all to believe that beast armors will get a bonus if regular melee armors (Duma, Idunn, Ike, Greil) didn't.

Everyone welcome your new AR stall strategy cornerstone in the form of Caineghis, joining the ranks of Surtur, Duma, Idunn, and Winter Fae. Lethe looks decent, Ranulf looks bleh, Mordecai is borderline lol worthy skill wise.

Also, if Haar is even remotely good he's going to be my next +10 Grail project. Julius is I believe less than 100 Grail away from being +10. Was going to go with Finn, but now that Haar is here that's gone out of the window. 

6 minutes ago, TheNiddo said:

Lethe looks decent,

Only "decent"? She gets an effective +10 Atk, +12 Spd, +10 Def, and +4 Res and enemy follow-up negation for initiating combat while transformed and alone. She's like the perfect Wings of Mercy beacon.

Panne was annoying enough to deal with if you couldn't one-shot her on the counterattack.

Edited by Ice Dragon

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Only "decent"? She gets an effective +10 Atk, +12 Spd, +10 Def, +4 Res, and enemy follow-up negation for initiating combat while transformed and alone. She's like the perfect Wings of Mercy beacon.

Panne was annoying enough to deal with if you couldn't one-shot her on the counterattack.

Lethe screams Galeforce to me which is hilarious as red cavaliers now have her, Eliwood, CYL Roy, and Siegbert as units who can easily run a Galeforce build. Not sure on legendary Eirika and sword Reinhardt could run it, but it's probably not as practical as him running something else. And cue Cain's new weapon adding him to the ranks of the red Galeforce cavalry brigade.

I need more Cordelias. We could have had sword Lyn demoted for more Galeforce.

First, 4:1 Male:Female, a change for the better given FE has historically been only a quarter or a third female. IS can still cram females onto Seasonal banners.

Second, I'm happy about this. Ranulf is great, of a personality so soothing, willing to put his own life on the line a few times. The King of Red Lions Caineghis is just a good old king, but he's a good old king with a personal battle theme and incredible gameplay power in RD. Lethe is expectable as a female for the banner, and if a little underdeveloped, I like her enough anyhow. Mordecai is very unexpected, brought along by virtue of wanting a Tiger and being Lethe's subordinate I guess, but I like him too.

I've but 150 Orbs to spare thanks to Yune being evil, but I'm willing to drop them all, this is Tellius. I want Ranulf and Caineghis more than the rest though. I'm sure I can resist temptation on whatevs banners they have lined up after this to rebuild my Orb stocks. 

Third, Haar being GHB is a great relief, I don't have to spend for him. Sure GHB might mean his stats are bad, but I don't really care about gameplay quality, I'll use him.

1 hour ago, Florete said:

But where my Jill...

Either Farfetched 3, or she is being saved for Beorc 2019: Minerva ~3.0 (does Altena count?- if so then 4.0) the Tapeworm Mage, and two others.

47 minutes ago, Kaden said:

To this day, Beruka, Camilla, and Cherche are the only axe fliers in the regular summoning pool.

Well that is bad. Sadly, there aren't many Axe Fliers they could add, since that only came about with Tellius. Maybe if they converted Heath or Melady or Zeiss to Axes they could add one, or Percy of course.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

EDIT: Why are the cats almost as big as Caineghis, though? His lion form is so small.

That shouldn't be the case, looking at this.

19 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I wonder how Micaiah fares against Caineghis. He gets 4 res from his weapon and 8 res from his A skill. 

Are you thinking of this beta image of RD?:

changesmikca2.jpg

1 hour ago, Book Bro said:

Haar GHB is weird but ok.

To be fair, he is an enemy in PoR. He sits just outside the battlefield's parameters in Blood Runs Red, and does show up at first as a foe at the Oribes/Riven Bridge, only for Jill to recruit him.

Perhaps they couldn't think of a GHB to associate with Gallia (although Ashnard with his love of bestial strength, or Petrine because of her role during the GMs' flight to Gallia, would have worked), so they just wanted to get Haar the popular out of the way. Sadly, this means the two missing major villains of Tellius have both been delayed again, and both to my dislike.

Mixed feelings on this banner.

I'm happy with all of them. Ranulf is one of the more important Tellius guys, Lethe was long overdue and Caineghis looks awesome.

But I was hoping the Laguz would get a bit of a break. There are still some Greils, dawn brigades or Daein veterans to add. Haar will be a GHB but I wonder if that's a place worthy of a god.

Poor Caineghis will also be blocked by Ranulf I fear. I'd also like me a Lethe. My poor orbs.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Are you thinking of this beta image of RD?:

No, I was thinking that since he's an armour, Micaiah should have no trouble taking him down but he's built with an insane amount of res so if he has good base res such as 30 then he easily gets 12 more and another 6 from DD3 or warding stance 3 SS. 48 res + 47 HP = 95 effective damage needed to OHKO him. Micaiah needs 64 attack without rally/tactic/hone buffs which means Micaiah needs a lot of drive attack support to deal enough to OHKO. On AR defense where you can stack his res easily, he'll have no problem surviving even without Svalinn shield. But he had crappy res in RD so I think he might only have 20 res instead. This means she only needs 57 attack which is easy to achieve if you have +atk IV with +6 merges like I do. 

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well that is bad. Sadly, there aren't many Axe Fliers they could add, since that only came about with Tellius. Maybe if they converted Heath or Melady or Zeiss to Axes they could add one, or Percy of course.

The problem I have with the developers is that they're adding axe fliers to everywhere, but the regular summoning pool and even removed one for future new heroes and new seasonal banners. Canonical axe fliers being few in number is one thing, but to add non-alts and non-OC ones as GHB and TT units? Now they're few in number, limited, and more annoying to get because of the arbitrary 20 copies limit and the existence of the filth that is "Heroic Grails". Of all the axe fliers to make a GHB, it was Haar. Why not Nichol from Fates who nobody gives a damn about?

6 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

But I was hoping the Laguz would get a bit of a break. There are still some Greils, dawn brigades or Daein veterans to add. Haar will be a GHB but I wonder if that's a place worthy of a god.

The Greil Mercenaries do feel incomplete, we've Ike, Mist, Titania, and Soren, even a Seasonal Greil, and the GMs aren't that big. Yet Oscar is all alone when he and his strongly bound brothers form a good part of the intimacy of the GMs. Shinon, Gatrie, and Rhys matter too. Mia might be in, but to me, she is the most peripheral of the GMs, not being a member in PoR and in RD she still doesn't feel quite like one. The Dawn Brigade lacks for anyone beyond Micaiah and Sothe, Nailah being only a slight member. The Crimean Royal Knights/Part 2 group is also lacking without any of Lucia, Geoffrey, and Bastian, or Marcia.

So far, while the Birds and the Beasts now have ample and good reps, assisted by having fewer members in total, none of the big Beorc groups- GMs, Crimea, and Daein, have the same cohesion.

5 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Oh! No Ranulf getting in my way then. Yes!

Uh-oh! Colerless hell! NO!!

I don't think we can call it Colorless hell anymore, since with the Gen 1 units out, the Colorless 5* pool is actually pretty good.