New Heroes Arrive : Out of Gallia (April 10~)

Coolmanio

2 minutes ago, Thane said:

Ditto. Though I kind of want Lethe for a more well-rounded beast cavalry team. 

Lethe coming on a session with Dr Seuss would be great, but competition for reds is fierce and I already have Tibarn.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An armored unit with limited candidates for armor march sounds like it could be rough...

...But on the other hand my new Halloween Myrrh would be perfect for him!

Edit: Does the ending shot mean there won’t be a GHB for this, or are they just not showing who it’ll be at the end?

Edited by Alastor15243

4 hours ago, Othin said:

I'm standing by my theory that the only reason we didn't get demotes on the Fates beasts banner is that it was essentially another Brave Redux banner,

Huh...they were all popular in CYL, weren't they? I still think no one was demoted because Fates-bias, but thanks for the new perspective!

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

I can't help but hear rap lyrics with the banner title (Straight out of Gallia, anyone?)

I'm so glad I'm not the only one!

I figured this banner would be either Fates units (because cynicism) or Laguz to populate the Beast pool ASAP, but why did they have to add all my favourites at once?! Mordecai seems the obvious demote (unless Thea doesn't) so I may just pull for Lethe, if at all (I'm still hoardig Orbs). I'll wait for banner reviews and the like before committing either way.

And armoured Beasts get DC. I knew it! (Though part of me thought they'd get Bold/ Vengeful Fighter instead.) Now give us Formortiss, cowards!

P.S. Has anyone already done the math for the new 5* rates on New Hero banners, by any chance?

17 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

Edit: Does the ending shot mean there won’t be a GHB for this, or are they just not showing who it’ll be at the end?

Nah, they just didn't show Haar, he's confirmed to be a GHB starting on the 11th.

46 minutes ago, Thane said:

Oh right. Is this in May? Now that they've used some of the more love-centric characters I wonder who they'll choose. I wouldn't mind something less... awkward, however. Casual summer clothes? Casual summer clothes.

Excuse me!? I will let you know that they are not allowed to drop the wedding theme until I can recreate every wedding I had in Fire Emblem games.

So... Bride Beruka, Bride Rhajat, Bride Flora, Bride Aversa, Bride Serra and of course Groom Kellam, my hubby.

And let'also add the ones I would choose as my avatar's wife, if the avatar existed:

Bride Lute, Bride Dorothy, Bride Mae and Delthea and Bride Est of course.

After all of that they can switch things up.

Ok, let me just say, I'm really happy we're getting more Tellius, and I'm super stoked about Ranulf and Haar...BUT WHERE THE FUCK IS JILL?! How could they include Haar without Jill?! I really hope this isn't the last Tellius banner this year. I don't want to have to potentially wait another year just to hope Jill will be added X(

Sorry about that, just kind of upset right now. Anyway, I'll probably try to get Ranulf or Caineghis on this banner.

Ranulf my boy you're finally in~ but why do you have to be green T-T. Kaden has a permanent spot in my beast team along with Reyson so the team is gonna be 3 greens and 1 blue :'D. Lethe is cool and I'll probably summon for her just because she's red. The other red beast units avoided me :L. The other two beast units never caught my interest as characters but Caineghis with conditional DC looks neat. At this rate I'm gonna have more colourless armours than red. 

BUT! L!Marth and L!Roy come back this month. I've been trying to save up some orbs for Marth, a small portion after each summoning, but I doubt 100 orbs will be enough unless I'm really lucky. I'm gonna need all of the free orbs this month. So, unless Roy and Marth come home really fast I'm only gonna use tickets on green and red if there's no green. 

At least Haar is free :D. All of my favs from Tellius, except for Pelleas, are in Feh now so I'm pretty satisfied. 

45 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

An armored unit with limited candidates for armor march sounds like it could be rough...

...But on the other hand my new Halloween Myrrh would be perfect for him!

GHB is Haar. In the notifications under the banner reveal

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

To be fair, he is an enemy in PoR. He sits just outside the battlefield's parameters in Blood Runs Red, and does show up at first as a foe at the Oribes/Riven Bridge, only for Jill to recruit him.

Perhaps they couldn't think of a GHB to associate with Gallia (although Ashnard with his love of bestial strength, or Petrine because of her role during the GMs' flight to Gallia, would have worked), so they just wanted to get Haar the popular out of the way. Sadly, this means the two missing major villains of Tellius have both been delayed again, and both to my dislike.

Exactly, like man there's so many cool villains in Tellius just waiting for their GHB and they randomly add Haar with the Gallian units? Petrine would've made a good pick as you say. I mean, it's Haar so I'm happy he's in, but he would've made more sense as a banner unit or GHB with other Daein units. Especially Jill, it's weird to add him without Jill, she recruits him, without Jill there is no Haar in Ike's army.

7 hours ago, Humanoid said:

I don't know these people other than from watching that RD cutscene for the memes. But that's not a problem. The problem remains that unless I decide to heavily invest orbs into a beast team, the notion of building an all-beast team in the first place is still a non-starter. Even if we optimistically assume Mordy will be demoted, that still means the pool of beasts not locked to 5* rarity consists of three blues (Naesala, Panne, Mordy) and a dancer (Reyson). Haar really needed to be a red beast so we could at least build an F2P-friendly colour-balanced beast team.

With that in mind, I'll just take the freebies and hold off on beasts until at least the next beasts banner, which surely is going to be a fair way away now.

You do realize Haar is a Wyvern Rider and therefore a beorc, not a beast, right?

19 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

You do realize Haar is a Wyvern Rider and therefore a beorc, not a beast, right?

Yeah, just lamenting the fact that they didn't pick a beast unit for the GHB. Although I'd be totally fine with them making Haar a beast for the sake of balance, like Narcian being an axe. Same thing right? :P

41 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Ok, let me just say, I'm really happy we're getting more Tellius, and I'm super stoked about Ranulf and Haar...BUT WHERE THE FUCK IS JILL?! How could they include Haar without Jill?! I really hope this isn't the last Tellius banner this year. I don't want to have to potentially wait another year just to hope Jill will be added X(

Sorry about that, just kind of upset right now. Anyway, I'll probably try to get Ranulf or Caineghis on this banner.

I think there will be another Tellius banner again sometime this year with beorcs related to laguz. They'll introduce Laguzslayers with Jill and Shinon, and maybe even have beorc units that support laguz like Zihark and Tormod (hopefully). I can see Tormod being able to allow laguz to transform when next to him or something. Then this would be the perfect time for either a Petrine or Ashnard GHB (maybe one of them can be in a banner... maybe Petrine?)

Either way, aside from Yarne, all the other beasts we have left are from Tellius anyway so if they want to keep milking the beast bandwagon, there will be more Tellius. There's still the dragon laguz and Dheginsea left, too.

Will Haar have lances or axes?

Also will the update come with the banner or before?

Now out of the units, I don't like Modecrai (He is L! Lucina fodder) and Ranulf's weapon is a bit undermining (though still nice), I just hope they don't mess his statline as I like his his character. Lethe is quite nice with this A slot and weapon and Caeghnis is crazy (I also have Iddun ro keep him transformed in my armor team if I puul him). I won't be pulling much (until I get any 5*), as I need Marth/Roy and the new L!hero will be nice to have. 

Shower thought: Yune may have been the latest Mythic Hero BECAUSE this is considered a RD banner (or vice versa), with Roy foreshadowing the FE6 banner. What are the odds we get a Beast Legendary this month (or another "foreshadower")? Maybe Dheginsea?

I didn’t mention it before because I was too happy about Mordecai to remember but Haar really was a strange choice. Petrine would have been way better as a GHB or maybe even Giffca as a red beast armor. Heck, this would have also been a good time to introduce regular Greil as a GHB character even but instead it’s just a random Haar.

7 hours ago, Humanoid said:

I don't know these people other than from watching that RD cutscene for the memes. But that's not a problem. The problem remains that unless I decide to heavily invest orbs into a beast team, the notion of building an all-beast team in the first place is still a non-starter. Even if we optimistically assume Mordy will be demoted, that still means the pool of beasts not locked to 5* rarity consists of three blues (Naesala, Panne, Mordy) and a dancer (Reyson). Haar really needed to be a red beast so we could at least build an F2P-friendly colour-balanced beast team.

As someone who uses 3 blues in their Beast team, I will say that I haven’t found the color imbalance to be all that detrimental. Naesala can easily deal with many green threats thanks to his weapon and Panne can maul any horse regardless of color. Reyson has decent combat potential too despite being a Refresher so he should be able to handle some greens that the rest of the team can’t, namely any Emerald users. And if you really want a red you could always have a red dragon in the team while awaiting your first red beast. 

You should give it a shot before dismissing the idea just because of some slight color imbalance.

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

IntSys is  preparing us for the Brides Banner, which there is a chance of no male characters in the banner again.

All Groom Banner, let's goooooooo~

6 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

I didn’t mention it before because I was too happy about Mordecai to remember but Haar really was a strange choice. Petrine would have been way better as a GHB or maybe even Giffca as a red beast armor. Heck, this would have also been a good time to introduce regular Greil as a GHB character even but instead it’s just a random Haar.

As someone who uses 3 blues in their Beast team, I will say that I haven’t found the color imbalance to be all that detrimental. Naesala can easily deal with many green threats thanks to his weapon and Panne can maul any horse regardless of color. Reyson has decent combat potential too despite being a Refresher so he should be able to handle some greens that the rest of the team can’t, namely any Emerald users. And if you really want a red you could always have a red dragon in the team while awaiting your first red beast. 

You should give it a shot before dismissing the idea just because of some slight color imbalance.

Well the notion of even having four beasts is predicated on Mordecai even dropping. And getting Reyson, which I have so far failed to do. And also getting Naesala since I skipped his GHB on the first run.

That last one is on me obviously - my interest in the game waxes and wanes a lot these days so there are lengthy periods where I do no content. Regardless of the reason though, the only beast in my barracks at the moment is Panne, and I have no one to give her beast-specific buffs, defeating the point of a monotype team. Reyson when I eventually get him will give Fortify at least, but there are no other accessible Beast buffs. Until then there's no reason to even attempt building such a team.

3 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

To be fair... I would love it! Groom Marth was my favorite unit from the ones we got last year. I am also thinking to invest Grails on him after I finish my Aversa. It doesn't need to be only males or only females... just give us pairs, something like Clive and Mathilda, and Alm and Celica, with Faye as TT unit.

7 hours ago, NoirCore said:

Definitely going for Lethe! Might pick up Ranulf after, depending. Still got plenty of story maps on different difficulties to do for orbs, so I should be safe...?

I can say the same for this, and admittedly I've been saving them as a rainy day fund.

7 hours ago, Icelerate said:

Who do you define who is a member of the Dawn Brigade? Nailah would be a huge stretch IMO. Wouldn't even count Zihark, Jill or Tauroneo but they are welcome for Daein representation. It'd be like saying Nephenee is a GM. 

The formal Dawn Brigade is just five- Micaiah, Sothe, Edward, Nolan, Leonardo. The informal Dawn Brigade, or should I just say Part 1/Part 3 Micaiah Group, is more what I mean, and hence my inclusion of Nailah as a slight member. Meg, Volug, Laura, and Aran fall into something of a grey zone since they are before Micaiah meets up with Pelleas, and they stay with her after Part 1's end, unlike Ilyana, Nailah, and Rafiel.

7 hours ago, bethany81707 said:

Please. You can't beat Radiant Dawn using only Heroes characters still.

Hm?

Oh wait, Geoffrey's Charge and Marauders. No Geoffrey, no Kieran, no Danved who is definitely not Devdan, no Make a Love, no Stellllla! (Astrid). Well, Astrid and Kieran at least would add to rather lacking unit types.

4 hours ago, bethany81707 said:

Oh wait, Lekain and Valtome weren't on CYL, the odds of them coming ever are through the floor.

Reminds me, in the final battles of RD, wherever there isn't solid ground, the spaces are labeled "Hades". I think they must have tripped down to wherever the basement is in that place.

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

IntSys is  preparing us for the Brides Banner, which there is a chance of no male characters in the banner again.

Given they threw Marth in as a Groom last year, a token male might be in it. Relegating them to the TT sounds less likely than last year with Aether Raids now being heavily promoted and the freebie Loki, Titania, and Camilla, although he still could be, if this lucky man exists- but who?

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I think there will be another Tellius banner again sometime this year with beorcs related to laguz. They'll introduce Laguzslayers with Jill and Shinon, and maybe even have beorc units that support laguz like Zihark and Tormod (hopefully).

Zihark and Tormod would be a little out of place. Zihark having forbiddingly loved a Beast and unable to get over the breakup (done so the unnamed she would be less stressed) and love another woman. Tormod of course, as embodied in his Celerity, was raised by Laguz. 

This said, Zihark's PoR joining chapter is Blood Runs Red, where he hides himself amongst vigilantes out to kill Laguz so he can save them from the group instead. Said vigilantes give Ike a Laguzslayer sword in a Base Conversation, just pretend they threw it to Zihark instead. Given Zihark's weapon would otherwise be yet another Slaying Edge, I'd be fine with him getting the Laguzslayer from a gameplay perspective, as out of character as it is.

As for Tormod, he primarily uses Fire Magic partly because he has red hair like Azelle, just as Ilyana is Thunder and Tailtiu lavendar and Soren is Wind with green hair- Jugdral inspiration. However, if you look at Tormod's starting weapon ranks in PoR, he has C Fire, D Wind, E Thunder, the most common Laguz type is weak to his best rank, the least, his worst. Giving him a Red Tome effective against Beasts, just as all RD non-Fire Tail Fire Magic is effective on Beasts and this point in made in plot a few times, works for me.

Ilyana getting anti-Dragon or anti-Beast (whatever Dragon Laguz count as) on her Rexbolt due to Tormod logic works as well. Isn't Blue still lacking for Dragon effectiveness?

2 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

How about we just do a Bachelorette Party Banner and throw in Gatrie as the hired stripper? He is a mercenary for hire, willing do all sorts of jobs. His PoR nickname is Thunder to Shinon's Lightning. But Thunder by itself won't do too simple for stripper name, blending his RD title Perpetual Guardian would fix this. Say hello to Perpetual Thunderrrrrr! He'll never stop rockin', shakin', and making 'em noise!

Lastly, I'd like to end by saying with this NH Banner + GHB, Tellius has reached 22/72 of its non-Trial Map, non-BK playable units being in FEH. That is to say 30.55% of its PC roster.

If do not count the Substitutes for Genealogy, this means as a percentage of its PC roster, Tellius has moved from 9th place, second only to Thracia 776 (a distant dead last), to 7th place. It beat out Binding Blade's 30.63% by nanometers, and is but centimeters behind Archanea's (FE1/11 & 3/12 combined) 31.33%. Magvel is likewise but a few meters away, at 33.33%. Like Archanea and Binding, 3 more banners would let Tellius hit 50% PC inclusion (well Archanea needs 4 without 3 PC GHBs, but that is now rather likely).

In other words, while there are still issues owing to Tellius having the second largest roster in FE, it is now fairly well represented at least as a percentage.

5 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Well the notion of even having four beasts is predicated on Mordecai even dropping. And getting Reyson, which I have so far failed to do. And also getting Naesala since I skipped his GHB on the first run.

That last one is on me obviously - my interest in the game waxes and wanes a lot these days so there are lengthy periods where I do no content. Regardless of the reason though, the only beast in my barracks at the moment is Panne, and I have no one to give her beast-specific buffs, defeating the point of a monotype team. Reyson when I eventually get him will give Fortify at least, but there are no other accessible Beast buffs. Until then there's no reason to even attempt building such a team.

That’s understandable. We still don’t know for sure if Mordecai will drop and I myself don’t have Reyson either and the only reason I have four right now is because of some lucky free pulls (my other two beasties are Nailah and Keaton) Well, at least Naesala is always available at the grail shop and he’s bound to get a rerun eventually so you could get him later once you are ready to attempt building the team.

17 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Ooof, depending on the characters my orbs will be non-existent if that ever were to happen between them and trying to get extra Charlottes.

I have played Radiant Dawn and I did not like the cats, Rafael is the only laguz not in Heroes yet that I am excited about. All the beast units I like are already in Heroes so this is a collection of free summons for me. I mainly want 1 Nino, 3 M!Corrin and or Reinhardt's so I have enough to +10 them.

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

I can see Tormod being able to allow laguz to transform when next to him or something.

I thought of this exact effect for him too. Well, that makes me happy.

29 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Oh wait, Geoffrey's Charge and Marauders. No Geoffrey, no Kieran, no Danved who is definitely not Devdan, no Make a Love, no Stellllla! (Astrid). Well, Astrid and Kieran at least would add to rather lacking unit types.

Marcia would work too. So far, I'm expecting Astrid>Kieran>Marcia>Geoffrey>Makalov>Danved in terms of who's most likely to make it- Kieran beats Marcia because of Oscar and Axe Cav.

10 hours ago, Hilda said:

That Beast Armor looks busted as fuck with that weapon...

10 hours ago, Some Jerk said:

JESUS CHRIST IT'S A LION GET IN THE CAR What in the goddamn hell is Caineghis' kit? I was joking about Armor Beasts having Distant Counter as their transformation effect. This is fucking terrifying.

You can't even use Raventomes on him reliably because of Distant Def 4 and his Stance Spectrum. Hope you guys remembered to invest in armorbusters.

10 hours ago, TheNiddo said:

Everyone welcome your new AR stall strategy cornerstone in the form of Caineghis, joining the ranks of Surtur, Duma, Idunn, and Winter Fae. Lethe looks decent, Ranulf looks bleh, Mordecai is borderline lol worthy skill wise.

7 hours ago, eclipse said:

Hmm, this got me thinking. . .Firesweep (anything) with double Poison Strike is minimum 20 damage, and no risk of counter.  That should make things a little more manageable!

You do not need armor busters if you have generalist nukes with high damage output and just nuke them and everyone else to high heavens. Blazing mages can also do the job; they bust things like Blade mages do, but need a bit more set up and are not as cheap.

Except for Null C-Disrupt, Firesweep nukes basically shuts down everything. Firesweep archers allows for precise nuking with no splash damage if you are afraid of Wings of Mercy (for Aether Raids though, you might want to pair them up with any other nuke with high damage output since you do not have enough to time whittle everyone's HP down), while Pain healers can do large area damage and can quickly cripple multiple bulky units and annihilate any stall teams.

10 hours ago, Aera said:

omg kitties. happy pulling everyone

Now I can be high in real life and in Askr. There is nothing quite like snorting cat fur and it is completely legal.

11 hours ago, Book Bro said:

Haar GHB is weird but ok.

8 hours ago, Sasori said:

Haar being a GHB is very weird, but its still cool to have him in.

6 hours ago, Othin said:

Haar GHB is weird, but I'm happy to have him.

5 hours ago, Opdepov said:

On a more important note, why are we getting a "regular" recruitable unit as a GHB again? Tellius has enough big villains left for a few GHB's. And looking at other recruitable characters that ended up as GHB's, Haar's skills and weapons will likely end up dissapointing now (But I'm open to being surprised, I wouldnt mind).

5 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

Give the GHBs back to the villains, and put Haar somewhere he actually fits!

I am pretty sure there are no rules to who can be a Grand Hero and who cannot. It would be unnecessarily restricting. Just because Grand Heroes are usually villains does not mean they all have to be. F!Robin being the second Grand Hero should be a clear indication that the developers do not want to be beholden to any arbitrary restrictions.

It would be like arguing Tempest Trial units should all be protagonists because they are mostly protagonists.

Edited by XRay