New Heroes Arrive : Out of Gallia (April 10~)

Coolmanio

5 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

I think that's his point. Strongest "cat" laguz, but the cat laguz themselves aren't exactly super strong compared to the top tier warriors. 

Exactly.

And for some reason i can't quote your comment on Ranulf injuring Skrimir. That is cunning, and cunning is a form of strength, but it isn't quite as easily quantifiable as physical power. Which is partly why I put Naesala below Tibarn. Tibarn in an honest 1 vs. 1 could more likely than not come away with Naesala's beak as a prize, but could Naesala's cleverness eek out a win somehow?

5 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Perhaps, but I don't think being a cat means Ranulf can't be considered very strong. That's way too much of a generalization.

I do admit that labeling Ranulf only as strong as Sothe was wrong. Me lumping them together was more drawn from a different thing- being not as powerful and Ike and the like and having a sense of "what the heck I am doing?" when they participate in some of the stuff they do.

5 hours ago, Kaden said:

On the subject of power levels, where does Stefan fit in all of this? I know he is a limited unit who isn't important to the plot, but is he just another master swordsman like Karel, Navarre, or whoever or is he, from what I can gather and seems like planned, cut content, actually a somebody. By that, he's supposedly a descendent of Soan for what that's worth.

We can't really tell with Stefan, since we've no instances of him fighting against other powerful characters or being spoken of in lore as strong.

This said, Branded blood is part of what makes Zelgius so strong, alongside training devotedly under Greil. Soanevalcke having the blood of an ancient hero as opposed to any old Laguz should in this regard make Stefan even better than Zelgius.

From a gameplay perspective, Stefan does come with S/SS Swords and the lore-less S/SS Sword of Tellius- the Vague Katti. In PoR he is uniquely the only non-Laguz Royal playable to come with an Occult/Mastery Skill- Astra (however, one generic boss does have their Mastery, besides the BK). He also trains PoR Ike (which is weaker than RD Ike by a good deal) in a Base Conversation, with the reward for it being an Occult scroll. His PoR stats are also far beyond what you'd think someone for his join time would have.

So Stefan is a cut above the ordinary, and I could see him surviving a round of combat with Ike or Zelgius or Caineghis (who I think Stefan would be genuinely interested in meeting, he has an interest in the Beasts), but who he could beat and who he couldn't we simply don't have the evidence to know.

A beta version of Tellius does say he was in the Begnion Army before leaving due to fame interfering with his peaceful mastery of the sword. But this Stefan might not have been Branded, and if he were to count, then a beta Chrom who led the Martian Kingdom of Epsilon with the Plasma Rifle of Seals also deserves to count.

5 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

given that he wasn’t that important (not like Lekain is, anyways).

Lekain orchestrated the Serenes Massacre, without that, somebody not in yet doesn't dive off the deep end. If they don't take the plunge, then Tellius simply doesn't happen as it is. That is kinda important in a way.

6 hours ago, Alkaid said:

I'm still really not a fan of beast units, so this looks like another pass for me.

Fortunately for you, barring alts and without the Dragon Laguz (and we don't truly know whether IS will make them Beasts or Breath), there are only 12 Beasts left to add. None of the remaining twelve are that popular, each of course has a few fans, but the most important and liked are all in. The game now has 14 Beasts, that is enough for a while.

Even if the Dragon Laguz were added as Beasts, they only number 5, 6 with a character who is pretty dead on the inside. One of these is more a G/L/MH candidate, one has the personality of a saltine cracker, and the remaining three aren't super popular either.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Fortunately for you, barring alts and without the Dragon Laguz (and we don't truly know whether IS will make them Beasts or Breath), there are only 12 Beasts left to add. None of the remaining twelve are that popular, each of course has a few fans, but the most important and liked are all in. The game now has 14 Beasts, that is enough for a while.

Even if the Dragon Laguz were added as Beasts, they only number 5, 6 with a character who is pretty dead on the inside. One of these is more a G/L/MH candidate, one has the personality of a saltine cracker, and the remaining three aren't super popular either.

I really like Skrimir, so I'd be interested in seeing him added in the future

18 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Lekain orchestrated the Serenes Massacre, without that, somebody not in yet doesn't dive off the deep end. If they don't take the plunge, then Tellius simply doesn't happen as it is. That is kinda important in a way.

I meant that Numida is an afterthought compared to Lekain, not that Lekain himself is an unimportant afterthought. Apologies for my questionable wording there.

30 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Soanevalcke having the blood of an ancient hero as opposed to any old Laguz should in this regard make Stefan even better than Zelgius.

Speaking of the blood of ancient heroes, how about Soren, who is only 2 generations removed?

Edited by Ice Dragon

37 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I don't mind them character-wise, but I think their implementation and way they play just feels messy in FEH. I still wish they were more like dragons 2.0 instead of unique Yu-Gi-Oh weapons for each one and the team building and usability restrictions they have.

I also find their transformations kind of clashing with the rest of the game's aesthetic. I prefer the way dragons stay human on the map and just transform for battle, but that's just me.

31 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I meant that Numida is an afterthought compared to Lekain, not that Lekain himself is an unimportant afterthought. Apologies for my questionable wording there.

Yeah, have to agree on Numida. They could've used Lekain or Valtome there instead, all Numida does is fluff up the number of evil Senators.

Well, there is one other thing, a bunch of nice, though not great on the whole, boss convos:

Spoiler

Micaiah vs Numida

Micaiah: You!
Numida: Who are you, girl?
Micaiah: Duke Numida! I will never forget your oppression of the Daein people, or your cowardly flight from justice!
Numida: Ah, you’re from Daein. you should know that I had nothing to do with that unpleasantness. That was all General Jarod’s doing.
Micaiah: General Jarod was a scoundrel and a fiend, but at least he had a soldier’s honesty in his villainy. You black-hearted senators nauseate me, weaving a dense tapestry of lies that you yourselves believe!

Sanaki vs Numida

Numida: So, child, what the vice-minister said was true! Wicked infant! How dare you pretend to be divinely inspired while you heard absolutely nothing from the Goddess!
Sanaki: I…

Sothe vs Numida

Numida: Fool! Do you honestly believe that your dark god can triumph in the face of Ashera’s divine majesty?
Sothe: She’s not my dark god. To be honest, I don’t care about the gods. They have nothing to do with me.
Numida: What?! Then who do you fight for?!
Sothe: I fight for my family, and I fight against tyranny. That is enough.

Skrimir vs Numida

Numida: Ahhh! What a fearsome beast! Only the dark god could create such a monstrosity!
Skrimir: What’s wrong, little beorc? frightened? if you cannot look upon me, you cannot hope to defeat me!

Naesala vs Numida

Naesala: Duke Numida…I wonder why a coward like you was turned back from stone? Especially considering some of your more…impious transgressions.
Numida: W-what are you talking about? I am a Senator in high standing!
Naesala: My country provides me with excellent spies, your grace. I know every atrocity you committed while in Daein. I hold information that would ruin you if it were made public. It’s rather a shame all that work will be wasted, since this is the last day of your life.

Sigrun vs Numida

Numida: It’s tragic, really, that the Holy Knights have wasted so much time and energy protecting a sham apostle! it’s not too late, you know, to align yourself with the true chosen of the Goddess.
Sigrun: The loyalty of the holy Knights can only be commanded by one person, and that will never change. It is my duty and my privilege to execute her orders and destroy the enemies of the apostle!

Tanith vs Numida

Tanith: I am second commander Tanith of the Holy Knights! Enemies of the apostle, beware!
Numida: How sad that you still put stock in your laughable infant of a holy figure. Fool!

Nolan vs Numida

Nolan: No one escapes from their past, Numida. We all have to answer for our crimes one day. Today is that day for you.
Numida: Silence, cur!

Edward vs Numida

Edward: This is for the free people of Daein! Haaaa!
Numida: Don’t you idealistic twits ever give up?

Leonardo vs Numida

Leonardo: You crushed freedom in Daein for years! Do you even have a conscience?!
Numida: Daein gutter trash! I should have had you all killed when I had the chance!

Fiona vs Numida

Numida: Disciples of Order! Hurry up! Destroy them!
Fiona: Why would you want to step on the people of Daein? You are long overdue for justice. I truly feel blessed that I’ll be the one to give it to you.

Laura vs Numida

Laura: You have caused more suffering than any being I’ve ever met. Did you not learn that the goddess will someday punish those who harm others?
Numida: Peasant! How dare you preach to me!

Aran vs Numida

Numida: Aargh! Where are my guards? Why do I have to be the one to fight?!
Aran: That’s right, I remember who you are. You let others do your dirty work while you run for safety. Looks like you’re running out of places to run, Senator.

Black Knight vs Numida

Black Knight: Your time is done.
Numida: Damn you, ghost! If you had just stayed dead, I could have done whatever I wanted to Daein!

Stefan vs Numida

Numida: Wh-who are you?!
Stefan: I am the desert, and I brook no intrusion. Make peace with your goddess.

Others vs Numida

Numida: I don’t understand. Why would they fight against the vice-minister, chosen of Ashera? Are they somehow…deficient? You will perish for your defiance of the empire, vermin!

Numida defeated

Numida: What… What’s happening? Vice-Minister? I lost the battle…

How does Laura have one? 

40 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

I really like Skrimir, so I'd be interested in seeing him added in the future

So do I. He gets a simple, yet good character arc in Parts 3&4. I long for that deep voice again as well, which means he is getting a helium falsetto in FEH instead. 

6 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Mordecai talks about Ranulf's strength around the beginning of PoR.

I think I found the line you refer to:

Mordecai
Ranulf is strong. Even stronger than me. It's all right.

Although the context is Blood Runs Red as Ranulf is being shoved by a bunch of peasants and because diplomacy, won't fight back. This isn't exactly in a moment of lauding Ranulf, and Mordecai himself, while strong, is Lethe's subordinate, so he has to be in some ways, if not as a fighter, then as a commander, inferior to her. Ranulf also comments that Mordecai's fighting instincts are held back by a distaste for battle- to the point of shutting his eyes sometimes as he is about to strike and thus leading to occasional misses (but not in FEH obviously).

23 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Speaking of the blood of ancient heroes, how about Soren, who is only 2 generations removed?

I'm not going to judge him since he is a Mage. Those are tricky to judge in a 1 vs. 1 scenario. On the one hand, they're frail, on the other while Ike can only swing a sword in one spot, Soren in theory could annihilate a mansion in a matter of seconds with one of those Part 2 end sequence tornadoes (which couldn't have been that extreme- gameplay FE I think underrates magic's potential- I think an FE4 manga had Lewyn blow up a castle with Elwind, not even Forseti).

Soren certainly has to benefit from being Dheg's grandson, but probably not the same extent as Micaiah from Lehran, since her case seems particularly special. Black Dragons being physically inclined and Herons being magically further makes Soren vs. Micaiah difficult to say, but surely a Black Dragon does offer some magical might. 

And the thing is, Soren never gets into duels either, so we can't tell from that. His brilliance when shown is from the mind in the form of strategy, the mind just might have a Branded boost, but we don't really know.

6 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

but according to Giffca's boss conversation with Ashnard the lion king is sending him because he doesn't think Ashnard is worth his time. 

And that reminds me that is kinda ties in with Caineghis not being sent to the frontlines in Part 3 RD, although given Ashy was stuck in Crimea at this point, I don't think the same logic quite applies.

I don't like thinking on Ashnard here exactly. Since he loses in PoR to PoR Ike, who is significantly weaker than RD Ike, and is certainly not Tibarn's equal, nor therefore the BK's. But Ashnard being so weak is defies his love for battle and survival of the fittest to the point of surviving going Berserk with some sanity intact. 

Yet how strong is Ashnard then? Sadly, he never had his duel with the BK so we don't know. If we just brand his defeat a group effort, that deflects the question and only serves to not say Ashnard < PoR Ike. Naesala however has this to say if called in on Hard or Maniac:

...Yeah, yeah, I'm here... What's everyone so worked up abou--Holy goddess above!!! Is that thing...King Daein? H-he's a monster! Wait... You want me to fight THAT? Are you insane?!
I think you've got the wrong bird! Blast... This is going to get worse before it gets better...

Which implies that at the very least, Berserk Ashnard >= Naesala, who is possibly the weakest Royal 1 vs. 1.

11 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I still wish they were more like dragons 2.0 instead of unique Yu-Gi-Oh weapons for each one and the team building and usability restrictions they have.

I can understand these criticisms, they are restricted in a game with 90% of all units a hindrance to them. And personal weapons on each is a questionable move.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

How does Laura have one? 

Because they really went above and beyond with boss conversations in that game, possibly to kinda make up for the lack of actual support conversations.

Also I just want to say, Naesala's one is freaking brutal like damn.

7 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

Honestly, it is odd that Lekain is the only senator that can't be voted for in CYL, despite him being the most important of them and being the closest thing to the main villain outside of Sephiran. And he does have official art, so it's really bizarre Lekain isn't votable yet fucking Brigand Boss is. Would I vote for him? No, absolutely not. But I do think some of us should send IS feedback so they can add him to the poll.

I sent an email to the CYL inquiries and only got a response to use the in-game feedback system (which I can't, since I uninstalled).

@Jingle Jangle

Spoiler

Well that is fairly boring for a weapon, not exactly a good sign. :/: 

But alas, there are only so many inheritable weapons. And to be fair, Haar does come with the Brave Axe in PoR. The problem is what is special in one game, is not in another. Still, why not ignore the past here and give a Wo Gun?

If GHBs can get refines, I think Lloyd did, then Haar is planned obsolescence perhaps. 

And if Haar has a strong, durable, and slow statline, well that would match up with himself in both Tellius games.

The Brave Axe likely means PoR Chapter 23: The Great Bridge for the GHB, the joining chapter of Haar. Hopefully it'll be more the right side so Petrine can later use the left for her own battle.

Why not use Part 2 Prologue though? A battle where every space is open sky and therefore you can only field Fliers, with anyone else fielded plummeting to downwards to their demise upon starting turn 1.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The fact that Skrimir, Ena, Nasir and Kurthnaga aren't popular will always be disappointing to me. Skrimir as you said has a good arc and the other three have some of the strongest characters of the franchises different dragon tribes, they really should get more love.

Yeah, it doesn't make sense for Ranulf to have such low Atk. I expected him to have higher Atk than Lethe, but lower Spd. IS has done him so wrong, I'm getting disappointed. First his color is wrong, then his voice seems off as well, now this. :/

Haar is flying Freddy though, cool!

Edited by Anacybele

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Groom Sigurd, Groom Arvis, and 2 versions of Bride Deirdre.

The Dierdre in game is already the sad brainwashed one.  I'd like one released that has her mind intact, I'm sorry Arvis.  Anyways in seriousness if Judgral is going to get a seasonal something like Sigurd/Dierdre likely have among the highest chance.

Spoiler

So if I'm looking at the stats right, Haar is a worse Cherche and Ranulf is a slightly bulkier and faster, but weaker Kaden.

I'm feeling kind of salty right now...

Edited by Medeus

Haar does look cool! :D All he needs now is a voiced line where he's snoring and the Summoner wakes him up and he's like "...Oh, did I doze off again?" or something like that. lol

Spoiler

God they did Haar so fucking dirty. This really makes me afraid they'll do Jill dirty too if they add her.

Haar does look really cool in his art though. If he's voiced by Steve Blum, I'll be less salty over this, because he is my ideal voice actor for Haar

Spoiler

Hey, decent stats and great art is about the best I could hope for for Haar as soon as they said he was a GHB. Maybe he'll have some good skills too. Personal weapon?

He won't be overly impressive, but his stats are pretty true to what he was in-game.

EDIT: Missed the skills. That is... disappointing. Would've been fine with those stats if they'd given him a halfway decent kit, but nope. Apparently Naesala was too good so now everyone has to be mediocre so as not to distract from the banner. Ugh.

Edited by bottlegnomes

Spoiler

Wow yeah Haar is indeed essentially Gerome, and comes with a generic axe and no noteworthy skills.  I am reminded of Finn.  I'm sure people whose favorite character is done dirty like this will still build them give a bunch of pricey fodder maybe +10 merge them, however my god...it is a terrible disservice to fans.  

Spoiler

jg7tx0xcd5r21.jpg

Images of the stats, if anyone cares even though the stats themselves were already posted.

Still disappointed at how low Ranulf's Atk is. I better not get him with -Atk. He'll have way too hard a time killing things.

Spoiler

@Anacybele Same. Was expecting him to be a bit more of a well-rounded unit. Maybe something along the lines of 39/34/34/33/17. It does seem weird that he's weaker than Lethe when he was always the strongest of the cats.

Lethe's stats don't seem too far off all things considered, just in relation to Ranulf they seem strange.

Cain's res is high. Not really surprising what Heroes wants him to be, but just a bit jarring compared to RD.

Mordecai and Haar seem pretty fitting to their in-game selves given Heroes' restrictions, even if other elements of Haar's build are disappointing :\