New Heroes Arrive : Out of Gallia (April 10~)

Coolmanio

6 minutes ago, Troykv said:

Oh yeah, I'm aware of that; I edited the text to explain why I think the Fates Beasts nobody demoted.

And you're not completely right about skills, Mordecai has Beast Exp; a QoL skill; but not Beast Valor.

Yeah Exp skills aren't that great, but Mordecai also has a link skill and is a gen3 BST infantry with a PRF weapon.  

I saw explanation for Fates beasts, I dunno.  They've had crossover banners early in the game and those still had demotes.  Brave Redux maybe, cause the only reason Selkie for example wasn't on last year's was beasts weren't introduced yet.  Still...I guess we'll have to wait for this banner to finish to see.  Anyways I can only afford to go for Caineghis, and I'm pretty sure he's not demoting.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Lewyn said:

Yeah Exp skills aren't that great, but Mordecai also has a link skill and is a gen3 BST infantry with a PRF weapon.  

I saw explanation for Fates beasts, I dunno.  They've had crossover banners early in the game and those still had demotes.  Brave Redux maybe, cause the only reason Selkie for example wasn't on last year's was beasts weren't introduced yet.  Still...I guess we'll have to wait for this banner to finish to see.  Anyways I can only afford to go for Caineghis, and I'm pretty sure he's not demoting.

Well; that were just two banners, at seems to be a case of early weirdness; because after that, pretty much all the Crossover Banners are the ones without demotes. But I'm more in the side of being because of Selkie and the rest of the group being honorary beast users; and decided to give all of them pretty good weapons (Even Kaden, that was the lamest at face value, has a very dumb ability to create super tanks xD).

When the current banner finish, I'll be more confident to predict the results. 

And yeah Lethe and Caineghis won't demote, that is a given.

32 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

All the Gallian beasts have PRF weapons,

All beasts have exclusive weapons because inheritable 5-star beast weapons simply don't exist, so having an exclusive weapon as a beast really means nothing (not to mention we have enough precedence for units with exclusive weapons demoting anyways with Ares, Morgan, Reinhardt, Reyson, and Sothe).

7 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

After seeing their stats, I am not sure if we will have a demotion this banner... For stats, Renulf could be the demoted unit, but Dual Rally+ will make him keep the 5* status, and Mordecai has a not strong skillset, but his stats are pretty good.

he has the same link skill as sumia. 
if sumia didn't get demoted, Mordecai's butt better not be. :( 

56 minutes ago, Troykv said:

Well; that were just two banners, at seems to be a case of early weirdness; because after that, pretty much all the Crossover Banners are the ones without demotes. But I'm more in the side of being because of Selkie and the rest of the group being honorary beast users; and decided to give all of them pretty good weapons (Even Kaden, that was the lamest at face value, has a very dumb ability to create super tanks xD).

When the current banner finish, I'll be more confident to predict the results. 

And yeah Lethe and Caineghis won't demote, that is a given.

Funny how Ranulf's stats are, people are now thinking he might demote.  I guess we'll see better after this banner finishes, but tonight we will see who demoted from the last banner.  If Thea is still 5 star locked, things will seem quite grim.

31 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

All beasts have exclusive weapons because inheritable 5-star beast weapons simply don't exist, so having an exclusive weapon as a beast really means nothing (not to mention we have enough precedence for units with exclusive weapons demoting anyways with Ares, Morgan, Reinhardt, Reyson, and Sothe).

With seemingly most banner units in general getting PRFs now, with a few inheritable weapons here and there (like short bow and another blarserpent color last banner), I wonder if beasts will ever get inheritable weapons.  I have a hard time seeing it.  

6 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

With seemingly most banner units in general getting PRFs now, with a few inheritable weapons here and there (like short bow and another blarserpent color last banner), I wonder if beasts will ever get inheritable weapons.  I have a hard time seeing it.  

With how few beast units there will likely be, there are really only two ways I can imagine inheritable beast weapons being implemented:

• Seasonal beast units
  • Skill-specific Combat Manuals

For the former, those units are still more likely to just get uninheritable weapons anyways, and they're dragging their feet on the latter so much that at this point that I don't think the designers even have enough of a brain to realize that possibility exists.

So no, it's probably never going to be a thing, hence why the fact that the units on this banner having exclusive weapons has no bearing over whether there will be a demote or not.

I'm conflicted. Not sure who to spend my summoning tickets on but I'm flipping between Lethe and Caineghis. Lethe has the reach with her movement type and amazing in combat buffs while Caineghis can tank with his bulk. Lethe brings something I don't have to the table but innate DC is kinda hard to say no to.    

I’ll try rolling for Lethe. Hmm...if her leaked stats are anything to go by, she could benefit from Atk/Spd Solo better than Spd/Def Solo.

Haar has been done dirty. If this keeps up, the next victim will probably be Pent or Ced. 

After seeing their libelous interpretation of our Lord Haar, the Intelligent Systems cannot claim exclusive interpretation of what units shall be good in the mobile game. By staking claims to such power we can be certain that the Systems are not supreme, but in fact, the Anti-Naga!

11 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Are we done with our evangelical sensationalist complaining about Haar yet?

...uhhh, in my defense I've been gone a few days.

29 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Hopefully, and this is coming from someone who is a Haar fan.

While I am disappointed with how he turned out, I'm also not angry about it in any way. He's in the game now so I'm happy about that, especially given that there's still plenty of others around here who are still waiting for their top favorite(s). I'm still interested in seeing what I can do with him and in potentially +10ing him which means I should probably start to at least try to do ARToo bad I offed the freebie Eir, though.

Edited by Tybrosion

45 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Raises his hand, I have yet to speak.  Actually while I used and enjoyed Haar, he wasn't a personal fave.  However being generic, with no niche, he pretty much is piece of art to be admired but has no function outside of that.  It is just very lazy design, when looking at him side by side with Gerome.  Maybe this was inter kun's work rather than the main team.  Like if going to release a virtual palette swap don't bother.

Edited by Lewyn

38 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

...uhhh, in my defense I've been gone a few days.

Same here.

Anyway, with Distant Defense 4 being a thing now, I guess Close Defense 4 isn’t that far off. 

1 hour ago, Glennstavos said:

After seeing their libelous interpretation of our Lord Haar, the Intelligent Systems cannot claim exclusive interpretation of what units shall be good in the mobile game. By staking claims to such power we can be certain that the Systems are not supreme, but in fact, the Anti-Naga!

I'll be honest, I laughed.

36 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

However being generic, with no niche, he pretty much is piece of art to be admired but has no function outside of that.

I see zero value in a unit being unique. In fact, having multiple nearly interchangeable characters is actually a benefit for game modes that restrict you from using multiple of the same character.

From a pure gameplay perspective, being viable is more important than being unique.

36 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

It is just very lazy design, when looking at him side by side with Gerome.  Maybe this was inter kun's work rather than the main team.  Like if going to release a virtual palette swap don't bother.

The more characters and units are added to the game, the less likely a unit is going to be unique. We're going to get more and more units with similar stats to each other simply because there's only so much wiggle room to assign stats while sticking to a specific stat spread archetype.

Common stat spread archetypes like Atk-Spd-focused sword infantry, Atk-Def-focused sword infantry, Atk-Spd-focused lance flier, Atk-Def-focused axe flier, and Atk-Spd-focused ranged units are guaranteed to have significant overlap, and are just going to have more overlap as more units are released.

Lugh, for example, was literally just Nino or Rhajat with modern stat total improvements.

I don't mind "palette swaps" as long as the stat spread itself is still viable. They're going to happen eventually whether we like it to or not, and it's simply due to running out of unique-looking permutations of stats and isn't entirely under the developers' control.

EDIT: Looks like this banner runs only for 17 days, so until April 27. Ugh.

On the other hand, I got Caineghis [+HP, -Res] on my first summon circle (and my millionth sword Reinhardt 2 sessions later).

Edited by Ice Dragon

I pulled Ranulf in just a handful of pulls! YESSS! :D He also has decent IVs. I so needed that after my horrible luck with the Yune banner. No Lethe yet though.

Got Caineghis on my third free summon! +Atk, -Spd, too.

Only spent 4 orbs, so I've still got 210 on hand even without getting the new story ones yet. Lethe is tempting but I don't think I need to hurry.

Got Lethe after only buying the promo orb packs! And she's +Spd, -Res too, AW YEAH. ^^ I finished getting what I wanted from this banner! I have two more summon tickets to get though, so we'll see what I get out of those later.

Got a pity break Keaton on a circle with no colorless. -Hp/+Spd. My old one was -Atk/+Res, so I just merged the new one into the old one keeping +Res and getting rid of the -Atk.
Don't need Special Spiral for now (still have 2 Lewyns from the last Mythic Banner), so it works out.

3 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

With such an amazing chapter that really showed off Alfonse being a total BADASS, and how Forging Bonds is actually involving Fjorm, I am even happier now. This is good. IS, you are keeping the pace going!

Really gotta wonder who the scenario writer is for book III cause they're doing a hel of a lot better than whoever wrote books I and II

Edited by Ottservia

Alfonse with the Xanatos Gambit on Hel!

As for the banner, it's a flop: the 5 freebies didn't get me Lethe or MCorrin; instead, I got Sophia, Lilina, Palla, Draug, and Tharja. The Palla is +Atk which is nice, I guess, but overall meh pulls.

At least there's the New Power banner for hopefully another red freebie.