New Heroes Arrive : Out of Gallia (April 10~)

Coolmanio

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

I think there will be another Tellius banner again sometime this year with beorcs related to laguz. They'll introduce Laguzslayers with Jill and Shinon, and maybe even have beorc units that support laguz like Zihark and Tormod (hopefully). I can see Tormod being able to allow laguz to transform when next to him or something. Then this would be the perfect time for either a Petrine or Ashnard GHB (maybe one of them can be in a banner... maybe Petrine?)

Either way, aside from Yarne, all the other beasts we have left are from Tellius anyway so if they want to keep milking the beast bandwagon, there will be more Tellius. There's still the dragon laguz and Dheginsea left, too.

I hope that is the case, and if nothing else, I'm starting to become confident Jill will be on this year's Farfetched banner (assuming of course the Book 3 ocs get their own dedicated banner like the Book 2 ocs did last year that is)

My idea for another Tellius banner would be Jill as a Green Axe Flier, Shannon as a Colorless Bow Infantry, Ilyana as a Blue Tome Infantry, and Zihark as a Red Sword Infantry, with Ashnard as the GHB. If anything, Jill, Shinon, and Zihark could come with beast effective weapons, so there would be merit to their inclusions.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah, I also think it's weird that Ranulf comes with an assist instead of a special. Being canonically the strongest cat and stuff, he feels like he ought to come with a special.

3 hours ago, Alastor15243 said:

Plus side, I was right that armored beasts would be lions!

I feel like with lions being armored, there's no way they aren't making at least some of the dragon tribe armored beasts. There are only 3 lions, so that's not enough to cover all 4 colors, and every other non-Mamkute shapeshifter type has already had its Heroes class defined.

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

P.S. Has anyone already done the math for the new 5* rates on New Hero banners, by any chance?

Yes. It barely changed. Focus rates are almost identical for each color. Green has a slightly higher pitybreaker rate. Red and colorless have a slightly lower pitybreaker rate.

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I feel like with lions being armored, there's no way they aren't making at least some of the dragon tribe armored beasts. There are only 3 lions, so that's not enough to cover all 4 colors, and every other non-Mamkute shapeshifter type has already had its Heroes class defined.

I still maintain that would be really weird given the work they’d have to do to apply dragon bonuses and penalties to them. Plus, there’s 4. Caineghis, Skrimir, Giffca, then Soan for the legendary/mythic.

Edited by Alastor15243

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

People keep hoping for Altina so I suppose that would open Soan for 4th lion.  :x

I still doubt and would personally dislike seeing the dragon laguz as beast units. 

6 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

I still maintain that would be really weird given the work they’d have to do to apply dragon bonuses and penalties to them. Plus, there’s 4. Caineghis, Skrimir, Giffca, then Soan for the legendary/mythic.

Wyverns don't get dragon bonuses and penalties in Heroes, so I don't see why they have to give dragon bonuses and penalties to dragon Laguz.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Wyverns don't get dragon bonuses and penalties in Heroes, so I don't see why they have to give dragon bonuses and penalties to dragon Laguz.

They also didn’t feel the need to make the Fates and Awakening beasts breath units just because they need stones. I don’t see why they’ll feel a need to make the dragon Laguz beasts just because they’re Laguz and they need some more of a type. They still don’t have any cavalry dragons.

Edited by Alastor15243

3 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

They also didn’t feel the need to make the Fates and Awakening beasts breath units just because they need stones. I don’t see why they’ll feel a need to make the dragon Laguz beasts just because they’re Laguz and they need some more of a type. They still don’t have any cavalry dragons.

Fates and Awakening beasts don't fit the weapon type name for breaths. The official weapon type in Japanese is "dragon" and in English is "dragonstone" and the weapon naming scheme uses "breath" in both languages, and none of those make sense for the 3DS beasts. Furthermore, that would cause problems with skill inheritance because it would allow them to learn breath weapons, which make zero sense for them.

The dragon tribe make sense for both breath and beast weapon types, but I think they will be made into beast units for gameplay purposes. It would allow them to behave the same as other Laguz units, it would fill in the hole that is armored beasts (see my post in the general thread), and it would print more money due to the guaranteed built-in Distant Counter.

There being no cavalry dragons is less of a problem than there being one or two cavalry dragons. If you really wanted to make an argument of it, you should have brought up flying dragons instead, of which we're currently still missing blue, though I'm sure they'll find someone to levitate there eventually.

34 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh yeah, I also think it's weird that Ranulf comes with an assist instead of a special. Being canonically the strongest cat and stuff, he feels like he ought to come with a special.

Source? First I've heard of him being the "canonically strongest cat".

4 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I also think there'll be another Tellius banner this year, this time with beorc units and anti-laguz weapons. Maybe a Path of Radiance banner with Jill and Shinon, since that's really where they seem more racist.

I hope so, especially Jill. Maybe Zihark and Ilyana as well

7 hours ago, bethany81707 said:

...Though, now that I mention that, RD didn't have any means of recruiting its villains, unlike PoR. Oh wait, Lekain and Valtome weren't on CYL, the odds of them coming ever are through the floor.

Valtome is actually on CYL (and Hetzel too for that matter) while Lekain is not. No, don’t ask me why.

4 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Huh...they were all popular in CYL, weren't they? I still think no one was demoted because Fates-bias, but thanks for the new perspective!

I'm so glad I'm not the only one!

I figured this banner would be either Fates units (because cynicism) or Laguz to populate the Beast pool ASAP, but why did they have to add all my favourites at once?! Mordecai seems the obvious demote (unless Thea doesn't) so I may just pull for Lethe, if at all (I'm still hoardig Orbs). I'll wait for banner reviews and the like before committing either way.

And armoured Beasts get DC. I knew it! (Though part of me thought they'd get Bold/ Vengeful Fighter instead.) Now give us Formortiss, cowards!

P.S. Has anyone already done the math for the new 5* rates on New Hero banners, by any chance?

To be more exact, the five 3DS beasts featured there were, at the time, the five highest-scoring units on CYL2 not to yet be in the game.

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Shower thought: Yune may have been the latest Mythic Hero BECAUSE this is considered a RD banner (or vice versa), with Roy foreshadowing the FE6 banner. What are the odds we get a Beast Legendary this month (or another "foreshadower")? Maybe Dheginsea?

Dheginsea seems more mythic than legendary to me. Micaiah would fit, though.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

You do not need armor busters if you have generalist nukes with high damage output and just nuke them and everyone else to high heavens. Blazing mages can also do the job; they bust things like Blade mages do, but need a bit more set up and are not as cheap.

Except for Null C-Disrupt, Firesweep nukes basically shuts down everything. Firesweep archers allows for precise nuking with no splash damage if you are afraid of Wings of Mercy (for Aether Raids though, you might want to pair them up with any other nuke with high damage output since you do not have enough to time whittle everyone's HP down), while Pain healers can do large area damage and can quickly cripple multiple bulky units and annihilate any stall teams.

Now I can be high in real life and in Askr. There is nothing quite like snorting cat fur and it is completely legal.

I am pretty sure there are no rules to who can be a Grand Hero and who cannot. It would be unnecessarily restricting. Just because Grand Heroes are usually villains does not mean they all have to be. F!Robin being the second Grand Hero should be a clear indication that the developers do not want to be beholden to any arbitrary restrictions.

It would be like arguing Tempest Trial units should all be protagonists because they are mostly protagonists.

Tellius has several high-profile villains missing, and precedent suggests GHBs are the most likely place for them to show up.

1 hour ago, NoirCore said:

Laguz decide ranks based on strength. Ranulf is the right hand to Skrimir, the next king, and a very high ranking member. No cat outranks him and Mordecai also implies he's very strong. Therefore, it's safe to say he's the strongest cat.

After that whole spoiler in the coding was revealed I'm 0% surprised it was Tellius, but I'm also so sad because my poor orbs are shot from trying to get all these stupid Spring units (and Adrift!M!Corrin). And I've gotten 1 of the 3 units I wanted. -_- 

But Ranulf!!!! Ughhhhh, I want him so much. I do wish he was a Blue beast unit because I already use Kaden, but whatever! His artwork is gorgeous. Like stunning, I'm so happy they didn't mess him up, because I was worried. To be honest, ALL the beast units look really good. Lethe is my least favorite of them artistic-wise, but even then it's not bad.

Don't have enough of a personal connection to the other 3 though, but wouldn't mind them being pity-breakers at some point in the future, cause I'll use them. But the only one I'm going to GO for is Ranulf, so goodbye orbs! Gonna have to steamroll though the Forging Bonds to get those summoning tickets and pray I get lucky!

39 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Valtome is actually on CYL (and Hetzel too for that matter) while Lekain is not. No, don’t ask me why.

Honestly, it is odd that Lekain is the only senator that can't be voted for in CYL, despite him being the most important of them and being the closest thing to the main villain outside of Sephiran. And he does have official art, so it's really bizarre Lekain isn't votable yet fucking Brigand Boss is. Would I vote for him? No, absolutely not. But I do think some of us should send IS feedback so they can add him to the poll.

1 hour ago, NoirCore said:

To be fair, there are only four named Cats in Tellius, one of which is a replacement boss if Lethe died before 3-6.

And Ranulf might be a solid warrior, certainly better than average, but his power level is low compared to others in Tellius. This is the guy who gets mauled to by the BK in PoR and lives only because somebody showed up just in the nick of time. Then in RD, he has a drawn out fight with Zelgius and was in this endurance contest going to die, save for another quick save. And even in Gallia, Ranulf isn't that strong, Skrimir had no problems brutalizing him in their duel.

In terms of highest power levels amongst warriors (so excluding the Goddesses, Micaiah, and Seph):

Dheginsea (?- Hard to tell exactly.)

Ike

Zelgius = Tibarn ~=Caineghis (he didn't kill Ike with Greil in PoR only because Caineghis roared him away- indicating Zelgy probably thought Caine had a chance of killing him) = Giffca

Naesala and Nailah I guess?

Ranulf is several ranks below these Royal Laguz + Zelgy + Ike, and is in raw power at least still below Skrimir, who has yet to become a veteran of war when he attacked Ranulf. I'd throw him maybe on the same tier as Sothe.

46 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Stealing :kefka:'s laugh and begin held for a half hour off the ground feet flailing because Zelgius grabbed you by the collar did that.

As for Hetzel, funny:

Hetzel: "Lekain did everything! I only stayed silent!"

Hel: "Who is this Lekain? He isn't on my list. You must be lying, evil mastermind. I sentence you to an afterlife as Lance Infantry Fodder No. 153874."

59 minutes ago, Othin said:

Tellius has several high-profile villains missing, and precedent suggests GHBs are the most likely place for them to show up.

They are most likely to show up as Grand Heroes, but they do not have to be.

If the villains are that popular, they can be monetized like Zelgius.

25 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And Ranulf might be a solid warrior, certainly better than average, but his power level is low compared to others in Tellius. This is the guy who gets mauled to by the BK in PoR and lives only because somebody showed up just in the nick of time. Then in RD, he has a drawn out fight with Zelgius and was in this endurance contest going to die, save for another quick save. And even in Gallia, Ranulf isn't that strong, Skrimir had no problems brutalizing him in their duel.

In terms of highest power levels amongst warriors (so excluding the Goddesses, Micaiah, and Seph):

Dheginsea (?- Hard to tell exactly.)

Ike

Zelgius = Tibarn ~=Caineghis (he didn't kill Ike with Greil in PoR only because Caineghis roared him away- indicating Zelgy probably thought Caine had a chance of killing him) = Giffca

Naesala and Nailah I guess?

Ranulf is several ranks below these Royal Laguz + Zelgy + Ike, and is in raw power at least still below Skrimir, who has yet to become a veteran of war when he attacked Ranulf. I'd throw him maybe on the same tier as Sothe.

Dude, this isn't a fair comparison at all. You realize BK had blessed armor at that time and was untouchable by anybody who didn't wield Ragnell or Alondite, right? And Zelgius is the BK himself and was trained by the best swordsman on the continent in Greil. Ranulf isn't weak just because he couldn't beat them.

And Skrimir is a lion, who are very powerful by default.

Compared to many beorc and many cat and tiger laguz, Ranulf is very very strong, and stronger than some tigers at least. Mordecai says Ranulf is much stronger than him.

I would only say Ranulf is lower than Ike, Zelgius, and the laguz royals (which includes Skrimir since he's the next Gallia king as well as Caineghis's nephew) as well as Giffca. And MAYBE Renning, Sigrun, and Tanith, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's actually their equal.

Regardless, I think that if Lethe could have a special, Ranulf ought to as well for his great strength. Mordecai having Smite makes sense, he actually has it in RD.

Edited by Anacybele

While I love Laguz I won't be pulling too much on this banner, since I was never that fond of the cats.  Best thing about this for me is free Haar since he and Cormag are my favorite dracoknights in the series.  Haar will be made +10 after Naesala.  I do love the fact that there are zero alts so this banner is a good one to me.

I'm still really not a fan of beast units, so this looks like another pass for me. Got Velouria just because she was a favorite in Fates, but I don't care for how they play in FEH. Kind of wish beasts were never even a thing, honestly. Or implemented essentially the same as dragons.

Looks like Mr. Armor Lion will be a pain to deal with on whale AR stall teams if you're not running a melee armor killer. (I use Bow Hinoka so I'm a bit annoyed) AR offense tanks that have innate DC will probably like DD4 as well. Honestly, more beasts and another power creep skill is a bit of a groan from me. I'm glad most people who didn't have their favorite in the first round of Laguz got them in this wave, though.

36 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Honestly, it is odd that Lekain is the only senator that can't be voted for in CYL, despite him being the most important of them and being the closest thing to the main villain outside of Sephiran. And he does have official art, so it's really bizarre Lekain isn't votable yet fucking Brigand Boss is. Would I vote for him? No, absolutely not. But I do think some of us should send IS feedback so they can add him to the poll.

Numida (the senator in charge of Daein’s occupation) is also absent, but that one is more forgivable given that he wasn’t that important (not like Lekain is, anyways).