New Heroes Arrive : Out of Gallia (April 10~)

Coolmanio

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Dude, this isn't a fair comparison at all. You realize BK had blessed armor at that time and was untouchable by anybody who didn't wield Ragnell or Alondite, right? And Zelgius is the BK himself and was trained by the best swordsman on the continent in Greil. Ranulf isn't weak just because he couldn't beat them.

And Skrimir is a lion, who are very powerful by default.

Compared to many beorc and many cat and tiger laguz, Ranulf is very very strong, and stronger than some tigers at least. Mordecai says Ranulf is much stronger than him.

I would only say Ranulf is lower than Ike, Zelgius, and the laguz royals (which includes Skrimir since he's the next Gallia king as well as Caineghis's nephew) as well as Giffca. And MAYBE Renning, Sigrun, and Tanith, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's actually their equal.

Regardless, I think that if Lethe could have a special, Ranulf ought to as well for his great strength. Mordecai having Smite makes sense, he actually has it in RD.

I think that's his point. Strongest "cat" laguz, but the cat laguz themselves aren't exactly super strong compared to the top tier warriors. 

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Laguz decide ranks based on strength. Ranulf is the right hand to Skrimir, the next king, and a very high ranking member. No cat outranks him and Mordecai also implies he's very strong. Therefore, it's safe to say he's the strongest cat.

Again, source. Link me to the dialogue that says so.

On the subject of power levels, where does Stefan fit in all of this? I know he is a limited unit who isn't important to the plot, but is he just another master swordsman like Karel, Navarre, or whoever or is he, from what I can gather and seems like planned, cut content, actually a somebody. By that, he's supposedly a descendent of Soan for what that's worth.

On a sillier note, the banner being all cats reminded me of the "Everybody Wants to Be a Cat" song.

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

I think that's his point. Strongest "cat" laguz, but the cat laguz themselves aren't exactly super strong compared to the top tier warriors. 

Perhaps, but I don't think being a cat means Ranulf can't be considered very strong. That's way too much of a generalization. "Oh, he's a cat, so he can't be all that strong" is like saying "Oh, she's a woman, so she can't do construction work" when there are in fact some female construction workers. It just so happens that most are men. Most cats may not be terribly strong, but Ranulf is one of the exceptions, and a big one at that from the implications we get.

3 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Again, source. Link me to the dialogue that says so.

I just gave you the proof. I don't know where to find a link with the actual dialogue. But if you want more specifics, Mordecai talks about Ranulf's strength around the beginning of PoR. Laguz choosing their leaders based on strength is brought up multiple times throughout both games, I believe. Ranulf says right in Heroes as well as RD that he's Skrimir's right hand.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Perhaps, but I don't think being a cat means Ranulf can't be considered very strong. That's way too much of a generalization. "Oh, he's a cat, so he can't be all that strong" is like saying "Oh, she's a woman, so she can't do construction work" when there are in fact some female construction workers. It just so happens that most are men. Most cats may not be terribly strong, but Ranulf is one of the exceptions, and a big one at that from the implications we get.

I said in comparison to "top tiers." I didn't say he wasn't strong in general. Laguz, in general, are meant to be stronger than beorcs. Ranulf being the strongest cat laguz means he's very strong. 

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I just gave you the proof. I don't know where to find a link with the actual dialogue. But if you want more specifics, Mordecai talks about Ranulf's strength around the beginning of PoR. Laguz choosing their leaders based on strength is brought up multiple times throughout both games, I believe. Ranulf says right in Heroes as well as RD that he's Skrimir's right hand.

There's also the case of how Ranulf took on Skrimir one time, and actually managed to injure him, which prevented Skrimir from making another move for the battlefield. Sure, Ranulf lost easily, but the fact he was able to injure the next in coming strongest lion laguz means something.

50 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Dheginsea (?- Hard to tell exactly.)

Ike

Zelgius = Tibarn ~=Caineghis (he didn't kill Ike with Greil in PoR only because Caineghis roared him away- indicating Zelgy probably thought Caine had a chance of killing him) = Giffca

I'd actually place Caineghis very comfortably above the Black Knight and perhaps even Ike. 

Caineghis made the Black Knight retreat while BK never really considered this option with Tibarn. The Black Knight fights Tibarn three times, one in Crimea and two times as Zelgius. That he doesn't retreat implies that Tibarn is in his league while Caineghis is above it. Tibarn might be Giffca's peer considering they share the Gotoh role in POR, but according to Giffca's boss conversation with Ashnard the lion king is sending him because he doesn't think Ashnard is worth his time. 

So I think Tibarn, Black Knight, Ashnard and Giffca might all be in the same top tier but that Caineghis is a step higher than the other royals. Maybe below Dheginsea but above everyone else.

Edited by Etrurian emperor

3 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I said in comparison to "top tiers." I didn't say he wasn't strong in general. Laguz, in general, are meant to be stronger than beorcs. Ranulf being the strongest cat laguz means he's very strong. 

I know, I'm talking about what Interdimensional Observer said, not really any of your words. Sorry for not being clear.

3 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

There's also the case of how Ranulf took on Skrimir one time, and actually managed to injure him, which prevented Skrimir from making another move for the battlefield. Sure, Ranulf lost easily, but the fact he was able to injure the next in coming strongest lion laguz means something.

Yeah, you're right about that too, now that I think about it. Ranulf DID put up a fight.

26 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Looks like Mr. Armor Lion will be a pain to deal with on whale AR stall teams if you're not running a melee armor killer.

Does not seem too bad. I run Laevatein and BH!Lyn on my main team, so he is not going to survive being nuked with like 100 Atk on top of Poison Strike damage.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

They are most likely to show up as Grand Heroes, but they do not have to be.

If the villains are that popular, they can be monetized like Zelgius.

They aren't that popular, that's part of the point. Certainly nowhere near as much as Zelgius or Ishtar.

10 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

For the next far fetched banner, who will take Randulf's place now?

Looking at CYL3 results it appears to be Conrad who placed 84th. He is the next male who is not in Heroes if we ignore Bruno and Lif.

Edited by NSSKG151

27 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Looking at CYL3 results it appears to be Conrad who placed 84th. He is the next male who is not in Heroes if we ignore Bruno and Lif.

I wouldn't mind seeing Conrad added into Heroes if it means hearing Guts again.

23 minutes ago, Othin said:

They aren't that popular, that's part of the point. Certainly nowhere near as much as Zelgius or Ishtar.

They put HS!Camilla and RR!Loki as free Tempest Trial units instead of selling them, so maybe they just do not want to be predictable.

12 hours ago, eclipse said:

It's Senri Kita, of course he looks cool!

No wonder Caineghis looks perfect.  It is a rare pleasure when the artist of the characters source game returns to do Heroes rendition.  

8 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

IntSys is  preparing us for the Brides Banner, which there is a chance of no male characters in the banner again.

That is a high possibility though it would be nice if it was brides and grooms, 2 canon pairs.  

10 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

That is a high possibility though it would be nice if it was brides and grooms, 2 canon pairs.  

Groom Sigurd, Groom Arvis, and 2 versions of Bride Deirdre.

With the new banner, we'll see if we get any demotions after there were none on the Fates beast banner.  Everyone say Thea will go down, but I could just as easily see them not demoting anyone again, or if we engage in wishful thinking, both Lugh and Thea, since Rally Up Res+ is pretty inferior to most other options except in Arena scoring, and his other skills aren't really anything to write home about.  It would be a nice apology for no demotions the banner before.

15 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

With the new banner, we'll see if we get any demotions after there were none on the Fates beast banner.  Everyone say Thea will go down, but I could just as easily see them not demoting anyone again, or if we engage in wishful thinking, both Lugh and Thea, since Rally Up Res+ is pretty inferior to most other options except in Arena scoring, and his other skills aren't really anything to write home about.  It would be a nice apology for no demotions the banner before.

Thea should not only get demoted, but immediately get banished to 3*-4* pool. There is literally nothing about her that screams "5-star worthy", especially now that Shigure is in the 3*-4* pool himself.

19 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Thea should not only get demoted, but immediately get banished to 3*-4* pool. There is literally nothing about her that screams "5-star worthy", especially now that Shigure is in the 3*-4* pool himself.

But how else will IS relish the salty tears of players if Thea isn’t there to pity break them?

One thing that bugs me about Beast unit coloring is that there's no rhyme or reason to how they color the units, Keaton and Kaden are even different colors than their daughters and the Herons don't share a color either.

1 minute ago, NegativeExponents- said:

But how else will IS relish the salty tears of players if Thea isn’t there to pity break them?

Shiro and Sumia (neither of whom should be 5* exclusive either) already fill that role, Thea would just be overkill at that point. Also, IS barely needs to do anything these days to get the FEH playerbase salty anyways.

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Shiro and Sumia (neither of whom should be 5* exclusive either) already fill that role, Thea would just be overkill at that point. Also, IS barely needs to do anything these days to get the FEH playerbase salty anyways.

To be fair, that's their own doing.  It's not like demoting to 3-4* wasn't a feasible option for 90% of those units.

At this rate, next year, they're only going to have like 4 units that will be eligible to drop to 3-4*.

49 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

One thing that bugs me about Beast unit coloring is that there's no rhyme or reason to how they color the units, Keaton and Kaden are even different colors than their daughters and the Herons don't share a color either.

It's just for variety sake in the gameplay so you can run them in the same team.  Not like dragons are locked to certain colors either, Tiki and LTiki are different despite being the same person, same for Myrrh and HMyrrh and Corrin ACorrin.

5 hours ago, Kiran_ said:

After that whole spoiler in the coding was revealed I'm 0% surprised it was Tellius, but I'm also so sad because my poor orbs are shot from trying to get all these stupid Spring units (and Adrift!M!Corrin). And I've gotten 1 of the 3 units I wanted. -_- 

Wait what coding spoiler? where did you see that? Reddit? This is not just ppl speculating it would be Tellius bc Yune?

4 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Wait what coding spoiler? where did you see that? Reddit? This is not just ppl speculating it would be Tellius bc Yune?

https://old.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/b7il0h/we_may_be_getting_another_radiant_dawn_banner_for/

I think this was it. It wasn't positive WHEN it would happen, just that there was space for it at some point. I just assumed it made most sense to be added in this New Heroes banner instead of two banners down the line. Also we need more Beast Units, so I figured we'd keep getting them for a little.

59 minutes ago, Nowi's Husband said:

It's just for variety sake in the gameplay so you can run them in the same team.  Not like dragons are locked to certain colors either, Tiki and LTiki are different despite being the same person, same for Myrrh and HMyrrh and Corrin ACorrin.

Dragon coloring has always bothered me as well.  It's not like they had problems with giving alts of the same unit the same color over and over, like Hector or Takumi.