Forging Bonds: A Trust Earned (April 10th)

17 hours ago, XRay said:

It reminds of a fancy headpiece at first (like Veronica's spiky Imperial Tiara, although I am not sure why they call it a tiara), but then Caineghis is a dude so I am not sure.

I thought the same but I'm not convinced either... I guess he is supposed to wear it on his mane...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Wait... so EX squirrels

Reveal hidden contents

are ducks?

Spoiler

Well, equipable Ducks now rival Camilla in terms of alts: Yellow Ducky, Peach Ducky, Golden Yellow Ducky, Golden Peach Ducky, EX Ducks Squirrels, and Red Hot Ducks. Ducks surpass Camilla if you count Red Hot Ducks and Red Hot Ducks+ as separate alts.

And if you count any Ducks and consider Yellow Ducky and Peach Ducky Accessories to be separate from Yellow Ducky and Peach Ducky Amenities, then Ducks have a total of 9 alts.

4 hours ago, Yukiko said:

I thought the same but I'm not convinced either... I guess he is supposed to wear it on his mane...

Spoiler

According to the datamine, the description says it is a head piece. The EX version seems to imply that the headpiece is worn on the front like a tiara instead of in the back.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

Reveal hidden contents

Well, equipable Ducks now rival Camilla in terms of alts: Yellow Ducky, Peach Ducky, Golden Yellow Ducky, Golden Peach Ducky, EX Ducks Squirrels, and Red Hot Ducks. Ducks surpass Camilla if you count Red Hot Ducks and Red Hot Ducks+ as separate alts.

And if you count any Ducks and consider Yellow Ducky and Peach Ducky Accessories to be separate from Yellow Ducky and Peach Ducky Amenities, then Ducks have a total of 9 alts.

Reveal hidden contents

According to the datamine, the description says it is a head piece. The EX version seems to imply that the headpiece is worn on the front like a tiara instead of in the back.

Oh I understand. Thanks!

PoR and RD weren't my favourites of the series, but their Forging Bonds and Tempest Trial story sections seem to have given me the most warm fuzzies so far. I've not had all of this one (I've only had the first convos) but I really enjoyed them. Seeing Lethe and Ranulf banter was really fun. It's so much better now the characters properly interact even in single charrie conversations, and they don't just have someone standing there telling you how great you are. 

Fjorm being in this one is neat! Maybe that means the other Nifls could show up again in the future too. And maybe Eir as well, since she's a free OC just as Fjorm is. Also thought it was cute of her to try making friends with forest animals like Mordecai does!

Alfonse is learning more about being a king from Caineghis, as expected.

Ranulf must've met Keaton, lmao. Ranulf, he's weird, you probably ought to just avoid him. XD And Velouria as well, maybe. You need to meet Kaden instead! He'll definitely talk about the cool things about having a tail!

Lethe's embarrassment about her past actions/words is cute. She kinda reminds me of myself that way, I get embarrassed about things I've done that I regret too. Though I'm a bit more willing to admit to them. I'm not super willing, though, tbh. >_<

The Alfonse and Caineghis conversation was interesting, because the Lion King's words came in a perfect time.

Caineghis saying that "No matter whats happens, a King must survive.If the king lives, there is hope" just after Alfonse lost his father, King Gustav, was a interesting touch.

Mordecai is so precious~ I thought it was funny when Ranulf said he met Velouria~

Confused why Fjorm is still alive here and not Eir~

Got all the main Accessories so far, now to grind up those EX ones~ Tragedy is that I'm running out of units to even give them to.

59 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Mordecai is so precious~ I thought it was funny when Ranulf said he met Velouria~

Confused why Fjorm is still alive here and not Eir~

Got all the main Accessories so far, now to grind up those EX ones~ Tragedy is that I'm running out of units to even give them to.

oh Fjorm is still alive? must have skipped it haha
i did the auto thing when i started, and they gave everyone the must awesome accessories. I think i have to keep it as it is right now. 

48 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

This is my favorite Forging Bonds so far. I did not expect there to be such a focus on Mordecai, or for Fjorm to show up. It's great! And I really like Caineghis' talks with Alfonse.

They actually developed Mordecai, and he is someone I would barely consider under normal circumstances, yet here, he's the focus. 

And yeah, finally Fjorm gets a chance to develop beyond player worship. Perhaps later, they can use Laevatain, Hrid, and Ylgr for these Forging Bonds.

And this combined with the awesome new chapter that had Alfonse be a total badass makes this absolutely epic.

I like these Alfonse convos with Laguz kings. Too bad we're out of 'em to add into the game. I guess Skrimir becomes king after the end of Radiant Dawn but I doubt you'd get any sage advice from him.

Edit: Oh wait I forgot about Goldoa.

Edited by Glennstavos

Another excellent Forging Bonds story. They've really hit their stride.

Really interesting to center the main plot of it on Mordecai, since he doesn't get that much character spotlight in the Tellius games. That was really cool. Fjorm also makes a couple of great appearances.

Caineghis, much like Tibarn before him, gives Alfonse some great advice on being a king.

I would've loved to see confused!Lethe as a separate picture.

Enjoying this Forging Bonds because I love all of the character art.  Kinda wish I could get one, though!

13 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Ranulf must've met Keaton, lmao

Nope, I think Velouria was the one with the dust balls habit. also rude to keaton and velouria yo, don't shame silly gross characters :P

1 hour ago, Nowi's Husband said:

I thought Fjorm went back to Nifil, so I wasn't expecting her here instead of Eir. 

She didn't. She told Hrid and Ylgr she wanted to fight with the Order for the rest of her shortened life.

6 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Nope, I think Velouria was the one with the dust balls habit. also rude to keaton and velouria yo, don't shame silly gross characters :P

Both kinda have the same habits though, I thought and the way Ranulf quoted who he met struck me more as Keaton-like... At least, that's what the Forging Bonds with the Fates beasts seemed to suggest. But I didn't play Conquest, so...

Edited by Anacybele

I forgot that units on FB maps come equipped with their PRF weapon so I had ToD!Jakob tank Sophia and did not expect to see her survive the encounter forgetting that she has Eternal Tome. I just woke up from a nap when I played that map so I had Jakob "finish" her off but was a little surprised to see he just disappeared from the map when I tapped the screen to skip the animations. 

My bad, Jakob.

37 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

32 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Both kinda have the same habits though, I thought and the way Ranulf quoted who he met struck me more as Keaton-like... At least, that's what the Forging Bonds with the Fates beasts seemed to suggest. But I didn't play Conquest, so...

Ranulf specifically mentions meeting a Wolfskin pup, so it's Velouria.

16 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Ranulf specifically mentions meeting a Wolfskin pup, so it's Velouria.

Why does pup automatically mean Velouria? She's grown up as far as I can tell.