Our Cipher Group

Murdock

Hi folks!

I just wanted to post in here to talk a little bit about the amazing experience I've had since my friend asked me a few months ago if I was interested in playing Cipher with him. I own a hobby/cardstore called Akiba Underground (link here for those curious: http://akibaunderground.com/) and I decided after we started playing to go really hard on stocking Fire Emblem boosters and trying to start a scene at the store and hopefully be able to do organized play down the line. A little less than three months in we now have over half of the sets in stock in our case, a small but growing collection of singles, and we just had a legit release day for set 16 where a TON of cipher boxes came in my door and then went right back out. The response we've gotten is pretty amazing, and even just getting like 6-8 people together at once to play is so much more than I expected, considering the substantial barriers to play (we are using half-card printed translations, some which we created and others we found on here). I just wanted to share with the forum because it's been so surprising how many people have been interested, and thought it would be cool to show a few pics as well (it's still neat for me to look in our case and see cipher boosters next to magic ones).

I just acquired a bunch of the sealed promo card packs, to give out as prizes for our next organized event in a few weeks, and I'm hoping we get a good turnout.  :  ) (The picture of the card case is actually a little old, we now have even more sets in stock and a little display with cipher singles too!)

IMG_2059.JPG

IMG_2065.jpg

That's super amazing! Thanks so much for sharing. :) If I ever find myself in your neck of the woods, I'll make sure to stop by.