TLP Weapon Reversal

ltranc

The Last Promise Weapon Reversal

So I made this based on the concept by Kobazco used for his FE8 Weapon Reversal hack.  All units, including enemies, have had their classes swapped to one that has weapon triangle advantage over their original weapon(s).  

All player units and bosses have unique palettes.

Please let me know if there are any bugs or you have any balance suggestions.

Link to doc with credit for animations, map sprites, and class cards used in this hack is here.

Patch it over an unmodified FE7 Rom.

Patch is here.

Have fun!

Edited by ltranc

• 2 months later...

Hey, I know no one has commented on this, but I just want to say I'm enjoying it so far. On Ch. 7, it's challenging in the sense that by the enemies being different, your strategy changes as well. The only two things I'm miffed at so far: 1. How come Kevin isn't an armored Brigand? I'm guessing there's no promotion for that class. Makes him not unique enough to stand out from Inanna and Corben. 2. How come Storm comes with his own personal tome yet can't use tomes at all? Other troubadours can use tomes, why not Storm?

Edited by Syndixel

• 1 year later...

Hopefully this isnt necro posting, but I just finished this last night! It was a good time tbh, shows how the last promise is still a fun game, and this mode spiced some things up. IDK how much feedback ur looking for here but if you wanted any, here it is. TLP is already a very lance focused game, but that works tbh because classes that are "lance" have such variety. Soldier, knight, cavalier, wyvern rider, pegasus knight. But with base axe classes, fighter, brigand, and pirate, those classes are basically identical. I feel like theres a way to provide more variety here, maybe using some of the fan animations for like, axe armor, wyvern using axe, armored brigand. And even on promo, there were so many good berserkers too. Oh also, storm not being able to use his prf lmao.

Other than that, good time!