Is Jill coming to Heroes soon?

Gregster101

1 minute ago, Gregster101 said:

I'm not saying that just because it's my favorite series. Trust me, I am dying for another Valentia banner because I really want Python and Tatiana, and I also really want an FE4 Gen 2 banner if it means getting Patty. There's plenty of other characters I want besides the ones from Tellius.

And you missed my point.

Getting a bunch of Tellius characters would be good for your personal tastes.  But it would still run into the issue Fates had last year, where we get a glut of characters from one series, while depriving the rest of their spotlight.  Meanwhile, there was a ton of complaints about said series saturation.  I don't want the same mistake to be repeated, no matter whose favorite series it is.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

And you missed my point.

Getting a bunch of Tellius characters would be good for your personal tastes.  But it would still run into the issue Fates had last year, where we get a glut of characters from one series, while depriving the rest of their spotlight.  Meanwhile, there was a ton of complaints about said series saturation.  I don't want the same mistake to be repeated, no matter whose favorite series it is.

You do make a good point. I definitely think other games like Archanea or Valentia should get a banner instead of Tellius before Three Houses comes out and becomes the main focus for the next several banners.

3 hours ago, Florete said:

It's possible, but I think if Owain counted, she will. At least something to keep in mind.

I guess the exception with Anna is that there are so many of them, including the Heroes version, even if CYL considers them all separate. So let's say Fates Anna placed as well next year, would they give us yet another Anna in that banner slot? Factoring in her role as a main character in Heroes makes me think they may put her in a different position than someone like Owain or Severa, who only have a single alter ego.

55 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

I honestly wish they would just do cross game banners again. I want like a couples banner with Pent, Louise, Largo, and Calill as well as a brothers banner with Franz, Forde, Boyd, and Rolf.

I would like to see this with Tatiana and Zeke. Because I have a little problem with the next Echoes banner. Silque is slightly more wanted than Tatiana and one of them could end up short. My demand for Tatiana is almost as big as the one for Rinkah. Sadly they are the only 2 female characters left there xD If you exclude the Cipher characters of course. And they are both primay healers, which is why I do not expect both of them on the banner. They could give Tatiana a tome though..but it would feel off. 

I also can relate a bit that Tellius fans are still not totally satisfied. For me the last 2 Tellius banner consisting of beasts may have been a little downer for Tellius fans. I get that some of them are demanded, but it feels like Tellius only got these banner to fill the roster with beasts. I am not a big Tellius fan, but I also want Jill to be in the game and I secretly wait for Lucia (RD version please) and Ena. 

And Fate banner even succeed in screwing over fate fans, Adrift Banner was horrible for me. First my Rinkah got blocked by Nohr, which always tends to get priority and secondly by a "fake" hoshidian alt banner with only Mikoto worth mentioning for Hoshido fans. Maybe they just wanted to hold back on some fate characters for later. But damn, was this necessary?

So trickling some characters in with mixed banner would be nice. And I would prefer it over missteps they did last year all the way. Well I don't know how adrift paid off though.

I'm okay with Jill taking a while...  for Tellius fans, we'll need a chance for our orbs to recover, and for everyone else, there's a lot of other games that haven't had a banner in a while.  Tellius desperately needed this, considering how little we got in the first two books, but we've gotten a lot of goodies this year and can afford to wait.  Jill will come, but I don't want to see Tellius under fire for taking all of the attention.

5 minutes ago, Stroud said:

I would like to see this with Tatiana and Zeke. Because I have a little problem with the next Echoes banner. Silque is slightly more wanted than Tatiana and one of them could end up short. My demand for Tatiana is almost as big as the one for Rinkah. Sadly they are the only 2 female characters left there xD If you exclude the Cipher characters of course. And they are both primay healers, which is why I do not expect both of them on the banner. They could give Tatiana a tome though..but it would feel off. 

I also can relate a bit that Tellius fans are still not totally satisfied. For me the last 2 Tellius banner consisting of beasts may have been a little downer for Tellius fans. I get that some of them are demanded, but it feels like Tellius only got these banner to fill the roster with beasts. I am not a big Tellius fan, but I also want Jill to be in the game and I secretly wait for Lucia (RD version please) and Ena. 

And Fate banner even succeed in screwing over fate fans, Adrift Banner was horrible for me. First my Rinkah got blocked by Nohr, which always tends to get priority and secondly by a "fake" hoshidian alt banner with only Mikoto worth mentioning for Hoshido fans. Maybe they just wanted to hold back on some fate characters for later. But damn, was this necessary?

So trickling some characters in with mixed banner would be nice. And I would prefer it over missteps they did last year all the way. Well I don't know how adrift paid off though.

Yeah that's my biggest fear with the next Valentia banner, the fact that Tatiana could be skipped over cuz Silque is slightly more popular than her. Now if we get Zeke and Tatiana on a couples banner with say Pent and Louise, Largo and Calill, or Julian and Lena, that's a different story.

15 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

No.

We just HAD a Tellius Banner, they wouldn't do another so soon.

Btw I've been living under a rock the last two days, what's the new banner?

More Laguz (Ranulf, Lethe, Mordecai, and Caineghis) + Haar GHB

Will you kill for Jill? 

I think we will get another Tellius banner later this year. For people complaining about too many Tellius banners. Do realize in year 1 we got two, in year 2 we got one so 3 banners in year 3 is justified due to lackluster year 2. 

I'd be surprised if Jill is not part of the next batch of Tellius characters. IS probably wants to make beast units the new meta so that they can sell us beast weapons. The best way to do that is by releasing Jill and Shinon, both are popular and fitting for such weapons. 

7 hours ago, Garlyle said:

For the record, by CYL3 results, Jill is only behind Louise by missing units from Heroes currently. It's more surprising that Haar and Jill didn't come on the same banner.

CYL3 results for missing units

Why is Geoffrey's picture Gifca's instead? 

Edited by Icelerate

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, and we also need more armors that aren't seasonal.

We have four canon Sword Armors in the standard summoning pool so far: Draug, BK, Zephiel, and Arden. And the alt-ish Zelgius.

We have three canon Lance Armors in the standard summoning pool so far: Effie, Gwendolyn, Dark Emperor Hardin.

We have three canon Axe Armors in the standard summoning pool so far: Amelia, Hector, and Sheena, the last of whom never could wield an Axe in FE3 or 12 actually.

That is bad. Not a single new canon Axe since Amelia in August 2017, Lance since Hardin in Feb 2018, since Arden back in October 2017, or Zelgius in January 2018 if you count him.

We aren't getting more why? -Because Mordecai is a fluke- a man like him is usually not getting into FEH. And Armors tend to be men like Mordecai.

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

My sentiments. Tellius should cool it for now. It got two NHs in a few months, a dedicated Seasonal, and Brave Micaiah was decreed. Outside of Farfetched, it can stop for a while now, give other games the time and attention they deserve, and to spare Tellius from favoritism flak.

Furthermore, I will repost this:

"Lastly, I'd like to end by saying with this NH Banner + GHB, Tellius has reached 22/72 of its non-Trial Map, non-BK playable units being in FEH. That is to say 30.55% of its PC roster.

If do not count the Substitutes for Genealogy, this means as a percentage of its PC roster, Tellius has moved from 9th place, second only to Thracia 776 (a distant dead last), to 7th place. It beat out Binding Blade's 30.63% by nanometers, and is but centimeters behind Archanea's (FE1/11 & 3/12 combined) 31.33%. Magvel is likewise but a few meters away, at 33.33%. Like Archanea and Binding, 3 more banners would let Tellius hit 50% PC inclusion (well Archanea needs 4 without 3 PC GHBs, but that is now rather likely).

In other words, while there are still issues owing to Tellius having the second largest roster in FE, it is now fairly well represented at least as a percentage."

Emphasis added. Tellius is now on par with SS, Binding, and Archanean representation. Tellius is now in the tight lower pack, and therefore it is fair that other members of said pack be given their turns now.

8 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Will you kill for Jill? 

I think we will get another Tellius banner later this year. For people complaining about too many Tellius banners. Do realize in year 1 we got two, in year 2 we got one so 3 banners in year 3 is justified due to lackluster year 2. 

I'd be surprised if Jill is not part of the next batch of Tellius characters. IS probably wants to make beast units the new meta so that they can sell us beast weapons. The best way to do that is by releasing Jill and Shinon, both are popular and fitting for such weapons. 

I'm not gonna answer that first question.

You do have solid reasoning for a possible third banner this year, and if nothing else, I'm hoping Jill is on the Farfetched/Brave Redux banner this year. I still think we should get banners for other less represented games though like others are saying.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

We have three canon Axe Armors in the standard summoning pool so far: Amelia, Hector, and Sheena, the last of whom never could wield an Axe in FE3 or 12 actually.

Surtr is a canonical axe armour and he was added in November 2018. 

4 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

I'm not gonna answer that first question.

You do have solid reasoning for a possible third banner this year, and if nothing else, I'm hoping Jill is on the Farfetched/Brave Redux banner this year. I still think we should get banners for other less represented games though like others are saying.

I was just making a fun pun. 

I hope they don't spam Tellius but one more banner later this year wouldn't be spam IMO. I think we'll see a lot of Three Houses banners when it's released. We will probably get a Sacred Stones banner, a Blazing Blade banner, Awakening and Echoes IMO. 

18 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Furthermore, I will repost this:

"Lastly, I'd like to end by saying with this NH Banner + GHB, Tellius has reached 22/72 of its non-Trial Map, non-BK playable units being in FEH. That is to say 30.55% of its PC roster.

If do not count the Substitutes for Genealogy, this means as a percentage of its PC roster, Tellius has moved from 9th place, second only to Thracia 776 (a distant dead last), to 7th place. It beat out Binding Blade's 30.63% by nanometers, and is but centimeters behind Archanea's (FE1/11 & 3/12 combined) 31.33%. Magvel is likewise but a few meters away, at 33.33%. Like Archanea and Binding, 3 more banners would let Tellius hit 50% PC inclusion (well Archanea needs 4 without 3 PC GHBs, but that is now rather likely).

In other words, while there are still issues owing to Tellius having the second largest roster in FE, it is now fairly well represented at least as a percentage."

Emphasis added. Tellius is now on par with SS, Binding, and Archanean representation. Tellius is now in the tight lower pack, and therefore it is fair that other members of said pack be given their turns now.

I agree wholeheartedly!  Tellius is doing a lot better now, and desperately needed it (as seen in the numbers).  Now that it's on par with a lot of the other games, time for the others to get some spotlight.  I really don't want to see it get hate for too much attention, and our orbs need time to recover!  It's in a good place now.

2 hours ago, Icelerate said:

Surtr is a canonical axe armour and he was added in November 2018. 

I wasn't counting FEH OCs, since they can be made to be anything in accordance with this game's wants, desires, needs, or random thoughts. Non-OCs don't have the same freedom in their canon forms, maybe some- Raigh could have easily been Red or Blue Tome- but not as much. (And who is getting Rauorserpent IS? Just as an aside.)

2 hours ago, Venmi said:

agree wholeheartedly!  Tellius is doing a lot better now, and desperately needed it (as seen in the numbers).

Prior to Nailah and the Birds, Tellius had a mere 12 characters, or 16.66%. An increase of 83.33%, a near doubling.

If we factor in the BK and alts, then the picture is 19 units (the seven added are: BK, Zelgius, Bike, Like, Hia, Yicaiah, Ylincia), compared to 34 (adding fifteen now because Greil's Devoted means another five). Still a 78.95% increase.

Yeah, between the laguz being added, Yune being a Mythic, and the Greil's Devoted banner, Tellius is finally getting the love it's needed for awhile! Just gotta top it off with legendary Elincia this month and that'd make it all perfect, imo. But I won't be too bummed if it isn't her, since it's still quite a bit of Tellius love as is. :)

Well, after all else, Jill would be a significant improvement on the Heroes-only RD route, 3-13 especially. But I don't see her coming with a Crimean Royal Knight, so that run doesn't finish any faster. And if Jill's on her own in Farfetched, the Dawn Brigade could actually be a fairly hefty challenge. Well, it is a challenge run...

What I'm thinking about moreso with this "hint" is who could Haar have as a related character instead of Jill? Not a lot of corrupt Begnions and PoR Daeins around, so the closest I could think of would be Elincia.

I agree with you guys that Tellius has been getting a lot of good representation and could use a break to give other games love. It's just that Jill is the one character besides Patty who I've been saving orbs for (I have over 700 at this point), and I've been waiting so long that I'm just not sure if I can wait another year if Jill isn't on the Farfetched banner this year. So yeah, sorry if I've been sounding really desperate, I just wanted to put that out there.

Edited by Gregster101

6 hours ago, Johann said:

I guess the exception with Anna is that there are so many of them, including the Heroes version, even if CYL considers them all separate. So let's say Fates Anna placed as well next year, would they give us yet another Anna in that banner slot? Factoring in her role as a main character in Heroes makes me think they may put her in a different position than someone like Owain or Severa, who only have a single alter ego.

That's why they should have just combined all the Annas. They'd all be removed if one were to win, after all. As for the case at hand, though, dunno what would happen if Fates Anna places well enough next year. I'm not 100% certain Awakening Anna will happen this year, it's just something we should keep in mind when predicting.

7 hours ago, Icelerate said:

Oh that? Thanks, now it's fixed.

10 hours ago, eclipse said:

Tellius clearly was short in representation in Heroes as of now, and (by votes) it looks like there are still more Tellius than Fates that people want. Thracia and Binding doesn't seems to be that popular, but I hope they also get more representation in the close future. 

So far, my impression of the Tellius glut is them diversifying a new pool of units that works best when used together, hence incentivising supplying and gathering a berth of them, and coinciding with the Valentine's Banner rather than being a conscious push (if anything about Valentine's was a snub for a Valentia or Jugdral plan, it was the Adrift/Hot Spring slump inspiring them to slip in an Ike).

It also helps impressions that Tellius is drawing on popular, significant characters that haven't been represented, while Fates has a larger collection of banners with a lower proportion of new units to show for it. Give it one or two more and I can definitely see a breaking point, but Tellius probably earned its goodwill through a combination of a slower start, practical reasons to have a glut of Tellius, and simply using its spotlight better.

I'll still be holding the line for Guinivere, Gerik, Mareeta, Brighid, etc.

5 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I wish Mycen and Marcus were beast units. Well, they are, but you know what I mean

High move powerhouses that take three times the EXP to level up and only get two stats when they do?

Blowing all their non-Tellius beasts in one go probably didn't help, but at the same time, there were only six of them and it's hard to split that up. Plus, all that means is that we yell at Fates louder.

For what it's worth, she's Serenes's most wanted character (by a pretty large margin and for quite a long time). Not that were an accurate measure of the fan base, but yeah there's certainly demand for her. Within the next nine months it seems likely.

Edited by Jotari