New event calendar (April-May 2019)

DarkAlf

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Maybe they're just going to go down the list of My Castle buildings.  They've knocked out the Hot Springs, so maybe next is the Chef outfit banner.

If that gives me a chef Peri alt, I'm all for it. Take my money.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I too sent feedback about the non-demotions, but I'm not sure if that's something that they'd go back on.  This does put us in the weird spot of having several popular units who flat-out can't be summoned normally anymore, like Lyn, Alm, Ike, etc, unless they are featured in a Legendary banner or get a random skill banner.

Yeah it's just SUPER dumb. I understand that the original Lyn and Ike aren't as good for skill fodder or anything like that nowadays, but they're still the two most popular characters in all of Fire Emblem, and people STILL use them and want to build them up. Taking them out of the banners entirely is mind-numbingly dumb. I can't even fathom it.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Maybe they're just going to go down the list of My Castle buildings.  They've knocked out the Hot Springs, so maybe next is the Chef outfit banner.

If that's the case, the least they can do is give us a Rebecca alt. She is shown to have cooking skill in her supports.

i was in a weird place with the hot springs banner in that if they were any other characters I would have pulled a lot more, at the end, I couldn't say no to bucket

the next two had seasonal Ike, Veronica and Loki, so I was much happier than I would have been on a normal banner

well again i'm fine with seasonals. pls just be ones i don't wanna summon for, and let's move on. 
but i feel we have this every calendar. 

there are some people who <3 seasonals and that's what helps motivate them in the game
there are people who would rather have new heroes and that's what motivates them.

I don't get why if people don't like it - they just can't let it go. don't summon. save your orbs. like why have feedback that impacts the people who actually like the stuff?  people don't go "oh my god i hate beasts, feedback, stop with the beasts." or "omg I hate that we have these characters I dunno about, more fun seasonal stuff with cool weapons." just have it as an each their own. 

seriously go. i just send feed back for staff prf weapons and more healer banners to be frank with you. 
and accessories. can't forget that. 

3 minutes ago, Lemmy said:

i was in a weird place with the hot springs banner in that if they were any other characters I would have pulled a lot more, at the end, I couldn't say no to bucket

the next two had seasonal Ike, Veronica and Loki, so I was much happier than I would have been on a normal banner

I was happy with the VDay banner, because it had the best assortment of units imaginable for me personally, but I can understand that for people who aren't fans of Tellius, it was yet another seasonal banner.  Even loving that banner myself, I would have traded it for a banner of units not in game yet.  (Although Greil being added was another huge plus.)

Regular banners give 20 + 14 orbs, a free 4* unit, plus some pointless accessories.

Seasonal banners give 12 + 42 orbs plus a free 5* unit.

As far as I'm concerned, every banner can be seasonal. :P

1 minute ago, Humanoid said:

Regular banners give 20 + 14 orbs, a free 4* unit, plus some pointless accessories.

whoa. 
i was with you, until the pointless accessories. haha

2 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

well again i'm fine with seasonals. pls just be ones i don't wanna summon for, and let's move on. 
but i feel we have this every calendar. 

there are some people who <3 seasonals and that's what helps motivate them in the game
there are people who would rather have new heroes and that's what motivates them.

I don't get why if people don't like it - they just can't let it go. don't summon. save your orbs. like why have feedback that impacts the people who actually like the stuff?  people don't go "oh my god i hate beasts, feedback, stop with the beasts." or "omg I hate that we have these characters I dunno about, more fun seasonal stuff with cool weapons." just have it as an each their own. 

seriously go. i just send feed back for staff prf weapons and more healer banners to be frank with you. 

It's because resources are limited and we only get roughly two banners per month.  If seasonal banners happened in addition to regular banners, I don't think people would mind, but when people have been waiting years to see their favorite units added, each seasonal banner just pushes that further back.

2 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

That's only because the started pairing Tempest Trials with the seasonal banners for some reason, which had previously mostly been part of normal banners.

9 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

i just send feed back for staff prf weapons and more healer banners to be frank with you. 

This is what I like to see

My efforts aren't WASTED

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

It's because resources are limited and we only get roughly two banners per month.  If seasonal banners happened in addition to regular banners, I don't think people would mind, but when people have been waiting years to see their favorite units added, each seasonal banner just pushes that further back.

right. 

but again my point. 
there are a large group of people who only like seasonals. 
a large group who want new/favourite units. 
and another group who don't care either way

a lot of my favourite units aren't in the game (or got nerfed, or got thano'sed) but it doesn't change the fact that i still like seasonals, still will like whatever comes in. 
I just feel when people get all "oh i don't get what i want. feed back"they don't think about the other side who are the opposite. 

Pretty simple reason about seasonals, they are increasing them.  We got a new one in January and we are getting a new one in April.  The first year of game we had spring, bridal, 2xsummer, PA Arts, Halloween, Christmas, NY.  So within 12 months, we had 8.  Now it looks like it will be bumped up to 12, so seasonal banners every month.  What that means is 4 new hero banners have been bumped off.

So removing 4 new hero banners to make room for 4 seasonal banners.  Of course fans of new heroes will be upset, they were robbed, things were taken.  Generally people don't like that.  

Consider me part of the "not surprised there's a seasonal banner" squad. It looks like they're doing a pattern of New Heroes = Forging Bonds and Special Heroes = Tempest Trials.

From a personal standpoint, since I'm not necessarily too fond of utilizing seasonal gimmick characters with some exceptions, I'm sorta glad it gives me time to stockpile orbs again for new characters I may want to grab next month. :P

23 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

That's only because the started pairing Tempest Trials with the seasonal banners for some reason, which had previously mostly been part of normal banners.

Yeah, back when we had TTs for regular banners, the regular banners were clearly superior due to the extra two story maps they came with. (There's a minor drawback in that the resulting Chain Challenge is then longer but gives no additional reward)

In terms of the units themselves, I have to say I'm neutral. I'm not particularly bothered if characters from games I've never played are added to FEH or not. Although I appreciate how much it'd suck for someone whose favourite character hasn't been added yet, it would be dishonest to say it's a meaningful factor for me personally in any way. By way of comparison though, in terms of how I value the respective banner types:

Regular:
+ More frequently not colour-balanced, creating higher 5* rates for sniping
+ Freshen up the 5* general pool, diluting the chance of getting pity-broken by some of the less-desirable early 5* units (less of a concern now since the cull)
+ Can potentially come with an interesting demotion making the 4* pool better in the long run
- The demote is often pretty obvious filler and isn't desirable in any meaningful way, both during the banner itself and polluting the 5* pitybreaker pool afterwards
- Forging Bonds is less rewarding and more time-consuming than Tempest Trials

Seasonal:
+ More frequently has interesting move and weapon type combinations because they're not constrained by canon
+ Generally run for a longer duration making it "safer" to invest in without potentially losing a high pity rate
+ Tempest Trials is the best event
- Designs can be pretty lazy, e.g. every Spring female ever having essentially the same outfit, Sharena aside
- Camilla (I kid)

EDIT: Oh right, another downside of seasonals is that they often have a higher proportion of armours than regular banners. Particularly useless to me are the all-armour season banners, where I'll happily agree will those who say they should be burned in a dumpster.

Edited by Humanoid

3 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Ready for "Camilla, Hinoka, and the two Corrins go visit the Ice Cream shop when it reopens for the first time after the winter" banner?

And then the Tempest Trial freebie character is Xander or Azura as the Ice Cream shop owner?

3 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Me if it's Elise, Leo, and Sakura~

I honestly would be okay with another Leo. Tied with Takumi as the most popular male Fates royal yet gets outclassed in every game he is in whether its Fates, Warriors or Heroes. He deserves at least one alt where he isn't mediocre.

40 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Pretty simple reason about seasonals, they are increasing them.  We got a new one in January and we are getting a new one in April.  The first year of game we had spring, bridal, 2xsummer, PA Arts, Halloween, Christmas, NY.  So within 12 months, we had 8.  Now it looks like it will be bumped up to 12, so seasonal banners every month.  What that means is 4 new hero banners have been bumped off.

So removing 4 new hero banners to make room for 4 seasonal banners.  Of course fans of new heroes will be upset, they were robbed, things were taken.  Generally people don't like that.  

I wonder how they will add up in the long run though. Unlike Book II where Three Units Banner were more common (specially during the beginning of the book); in this year pretty much every banner had 4 Characters so far and additional free hero (so each update is giving us 5 New Characters, not just New Heroes).

Please.don't have anyone I care for.on the seasonal banner... because I am still tied to trying for Ranulf. *sobs* Why won't Intsys let me have a break?? I am actually hoping it's a banner featuring nothing but overhyped Nohrians so I won't even feel a tiny bit of desire to pull. The only good thing about this are the Tempest Trials, but you know..they don't have to tie them to seasonals. I wish they were just seperate events again..

2 minutes ago, Troykv said:

I wonder how they will add up in the long run though. Unlike Book II where Three Units Banner were more common (specially during the beginning of the book); in this year pretty much every banner had 4 Characters so far and additional free hero (so each update is giving us 5 New Characters, not just New Heroes).

Yes the positive is new hero banners have been 4 heroes with a GHB extra hero, and they have all been new faces.  So no alts.  I guess if they keep doing that with new hero banners that would actually be better (for me personally) than last year which had less seasonal banners (than I assume we will have this year) but lots of new hero banners with alts and banners with less than 4 characters.  

My optimistic hope is that the increased seasonal frequency is due simply to increased productivity for the game. 2019 has more seasonals than 2018 thus far. We also have more faces from the actual games being added to Heroes. In 2018, the New Heroes banners were three units large and plagued with superfluous alts. An issue capped off with the Adrift Banner ending the year.

If the upcoming Interpretive Dance Seasonal banner pays for the inclusion of Mordecai and Caineghis into Heroes, I think I'm okay with that compromise. Suggesting either of those two last year, even at the height of the "where are the beast units" discussion, would have expelled you from the Sub Forum under a flood of CYL poll numbers.

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

e.g. every Spring female ever having essentially the same outfit, Sharena aside

Sharena actually shares her outfit with Veronica (Veronica has more skirt and less sleeve) in the same way that Alfonse shares his outfit with Bruno (Bruno has an extra layer of shirt underneath as extra material to tear off).

Catria and Loki have unique designs with the remaining four (Camilla, Lucina, Kagero, and Palla) having the same general design with different details.

oh boi, can't wait to get pitybroken by luke while trying to get the last 2 karla i need to make her +10

also, new seasonal, pretty sure it will feature more fates alts because we just can't get enough of them, most likely camilla or leo

i can already hear that new heroes banner screaming "AWAKENING", so that would be perfect for me since i'll have to start saving up orbs for yune and caineghis

pretty excited to see if my predictions are right

EDIT: wow, that tempest trial starts before the laguz banner's end, so i guess i'll have to rush it and spend all of my orbs for another caineghis, a lethe or a ranulf

Edited by Yexin

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Sharena actually shares her outfit with Veronica (Veronica has more skirt and less sleeve) in the same way that Alfonse shares his outfit with Bruno (Bruno has an extra layer of shirt underneath as extra material to tear off).

Catria and Loki have unique designs with the remaining four (Camilla, Lucina, Kagero, and Palla) having the same general design with different details.

Forgot about Veronica, that was cool. But I would like a moratorium on bustier-with-diamond-motif design altogether, no matter if it's slightly adapted.

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Somehow Marisa got lost... She's in the same-as-everyone-else category, so five total.

Edited by Ice Dragon

I heard that the next TT was called "Heartstring's Ties". Could be an early, or the first of two, bridal banner. Provided that's correct. 

Edit: oh, it was the tap battle. Derp. Nevermind. 

Edited by Thane