New event calendar (April-May 2019)

DarkAlf

Alright, there's a bit to unpack here.

Spoiler

Three Heroes: I wish this was more often. It's also been datamined so, you know, look at that if you want it in advance.

GC: We've gotten two tellius. Either we get one related to the beasts we have so far, they decide to do the Archanea titles now (with Archanea commanders, Marth and Hardin would work but who else?) or we get Awakening.

Special Banner: So, really? I know I'm not as mad, but we've been getting specials monthly since December, it has to stop at some point. No clue if this is more bunnies, an early bride banner or if there's a japanese event tied to late spring they're about to spring on us.

Illusory Dungeon keeps getting made more irrelevant. I think IS want us to have it be harder to get orbs. Which they did for this already.

For the Iceberg banner, we have Flora, Innes, F!Morgan and Selkie (Unless Eir happens). Flora has been in no banner since January, Innes and F!Morgan were in the Guantlet banners, Selkie was out around the same time as them and even if Eir could show up on this one she was on the last legendary. Flora's the only good bet imo.

I also see the TT has a summoning banner specifically for it. I think that's interesting. This likely means the banner is not bunnies.

Titania and Mist likely has Ike as a third unit (And by that I mean PoR Ike).

This month has a legendary. I'm going to take a swing that Corrin's going to be a pairup this month, while being water. I think I'm in the ballpark for Corrin, though maybe not for this month.

Heroes with Wrath is easy. Karla, Owain and Nephenee. 

Aversa's almost here. I didn't get Infernal cleared last time. I think this time I'll be more than ready.

Cav mastery. Probably uneventful.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Alright, there's a bit to unpack here.

Reveal hidden contents

Three Heroes: I wish this was more often. It's also been datamined so, you know, look at that if you want it in advance.

GC: We've gotten two tellius. Either we get one related to the beasts we have so far, they decide to do the Archanea titles now (with Archanea commanders, Marth and Hardin would work but who else?) or we get Awakening.

Special Banner: So, really? I know I'm not as mad, but we've been getting specials monthly since December, it has to stop at some point. No clue if this is more bunnies, an early bride banner or if there's a japanese event tied to late spring they're about to spring on us.

Illusory Dungeon keeps getting made more irrelevant. I think IS want us to have it be harder to get orbs. Which they did for this already.

For the Iceberg banner, we have Flora, Innes, F!Morgan and Selkie (Unless Eir happens). Flora has been in no banner since January, Innes and F!Morgan were in the Guantlet banners, Selkie was out around the same time as them and even if Eir could show up on this one she was on the last legendary. Flora's the only good bet imo.

I also see the TT has a summoning banner specifically for it. I think that's interesting. This likely means the banner is not bunnies.

Titania and Mist likely has Ike as a third unit (And by that I mean PoR Ike).

This month has a legendary. I'm going to take a swing that Corrin's going to be a pairup this month, while being water. I think I'm in the ballpark for Corrin, though maybe not for this month.

Heroes with Wrath is easy. Karla, Owain and Nephenee. 

Aversa's almost here. I didn't get Infernal cleared last time. I think this time I'll be more than ready.

Cav mastery. Probably uneventful.

It's definitely not bunnies.

Most likely either early Brides (judging by the name of the Tap Battle) or something new.

This is just obnoxious, and I've sent feedback telling them to knock it off. Another seasonal banner means another 5 new characters lost per year.

The only good explanation I can see is if they're just moving existing banners around. Maybe the dancer banner? Those were way earlier in previous years, but the 2018 one was moved by over a month and completely re-themed compared to the 2017 one, so a spring one might not be unreasonable.

I'm not optimistic, but it's possible. This would suggest a schedule along the lines of:

• Late April: Spring dancers
  • Early May: New Heroes
  • Late May: Brides
  • Early June: New Heroes
  • Late June: Summer 1
  • Early July: New Heroes
  • Late July: Summer 2
  • Early August: New Heroes (Three Houses)
  • Late August: CYL3

Then the rest could look something like 2018, ideally without anything like Adrift in the mix. But again, I don't exactly trust them to actually go for it.

6 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

So the free units/free pulls:
4/11: Haar GHB
4/13: Three Heroes (Eliwood, Raven, Leon)
4/16: New Power (Cain, Abel, Peri, Hana)
4/19: Special Heroes
4/21: TT+ banner
4/23: Iceberg banner (candidates include Flora, Morgan, Selkie, Innes, etc.)
4/24: TT+
4/25: BHB banner (Titania, Mist, Ike)
4/26: VG banner
4/27: LH banner (Roy, Marth, Ike, Fjorm, Hector, new colorless legend)
5/2: Wrath banner (Karla, Owain, Nephenee)
5/4: Aversa GHB rerun
5/10: New Heroes

My best guess on the seasonal banner is that it's a Sakura Matsuri (Cherry Blossom Festival)-themed one.

Awesome

I have 10 Eliwood and I need one more to +10 him.

I'm about ready to send feedback asking for a seasonal banner per month what with all the complaining I'm seeing every time one's announced. >_> I wish people would settle down and accept the hard work put into the game, even if it doesn't match what you specifically want. Personally, I prefer depth to numbers in relationships. Every time anew seasonal alt comes out, it's a chance to get to know another side of a character/culture, especially since these tend to be set in festivals whereas the standard units come from a place of war. A new alt means new, themed quotes, too, each of which is an opportunity to get to know a character a little deeper. This is in contrast to more cast from previous games, which is just a bigger number of characters. I don't really mind getting either one and appreciate what IS does for us. Sheesh, it's like no one knows how to say "thank you" anymore, and can only throw temper tantrums if they don't get exactly what they want... You know that those are called "brats" right? Do you really want to behave that way? Do you really want to be that way?

Anyway, that all said, I'm kicking myself a little bit for spending so much on the Gallia banner. I still have a ticket left, but my orbs are still replenishing. Guess I'll just try one more time for Cainghis/Ranulf before saving up again for whatever this new seasonal banner is, just in case there's a unit I want on there.

So it doesn't make me not hate this, but it's funny how counting from January to the end of April, we still already have more new characters in 2019 than in 2018. (I'd say 24 vs 19-20, but it depends on how exactly you count it.)

2 hours ago, Othin said:

I'm not optimistic, but it's possible. This would suggest a schedule along the lines of:

• Late April: Spring dancers
  • Early May: New Heroes
  • Late May: Brides
  • Early June: New Heroes
  • Late June: Summer 1
  • Early July: New Heroes
  • Late July: Summer 2
  • Early August: New Heroes (Three Houses)
  • Late August: CYL3

Yeah... I can see this happening. Last year we got one Summer Banner after the other.

Also, maybe the Three Houses Banner can be early, in Early July. In 2017, we got Alm's Banner on April 14th, and the game was released in Japan on April 20th. Since Three Houses will be released in July 26, IntSys could easily release the banner before the game's release date.

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

I'm about ready to send feedback asking for a seasonal banner per month what with all the complaining I'm seeing every time one's announced. >_> I wish people would settle down and accept the hard work put into the game, even if it doesn't match what you specifically want. Personally, I prefer depth to numbers in relationships. Every time anew seasonal alt comes out, it's a chance to get to know another side of a character/culture, especially since these tend to be set in festivals whereas the standard units come from a place of war. A new alt means new, themed quotes, too, each of which is an opportunity to get to know a character a little deeper. This is in contrast to more cast from previous games, which is just a bigger number of characters. I don't really mind getting either one and appreciate what IS does for us. Sheesh, it's like no one knows how to say "thank you" anymore, and can only throw temper tantrums if they don't get exactly what they want... You know that those are called "brats" right? Do you really want to behave that way? Do you really want to be that way?

Anyway, that all said, I'm kicking myself a little bit for spending so much on the Gallia banner. I still have a ticket left, but my orbs are still replenishing. Guess I'll just try one more time for Cainghis/Ranulf before saving up again for whatever this new seasonal banner is, just in case there's a unit I want on there.

The problem with seasonals is that a) we don't progress the actual story of the game, b) it is less orbs since we get less chapters in a paralogue, d) guaranteed no demotions and the skills introduced will be limited and c) there are still so many characters waiting to get into the game. Let's not forget that once again it'll likely be 4:1 females : males (I mean we've just had a banner the other way round so better have ten more with more females than males to make up for it, right?), and possible people who already have an alt or several already. 

I don't think they even add that much to the character or the culture, personally. We have some characters saying they either like being in a hot spring or are ashamed of wearing a towel. Lyn in a wedding dress saying she wishes she had a sword adds little to her character. We've got like six Camillas now, who already had plenty of characterisation from both Fates and Warriors. Don't get me wrong, they are fun at times, and some have actually added somewhat, but personally I'd rather see new characters actually given a life and character, and I'd rather receive more actual story to Book 3, especially at the cliffhanger they left it at. An update a month is awful when you're trying to get invested in something. 

So I'm not going to say thank you for this at all. I'm a playing customer who has paid a lot of time and money into the game in the past until these things started. If you like it, that's fine, but at the same time, it's neither brattish nor ungrateful to not like the direction a game that you care about is going in. 

Edited by Cute Chao

1 hour ago, Cute Chao said:

So I'm not going to say thank you for this at all. I'm a playing customer who has paid a lot of time and money into the game in the past until these things started. If you like it, that's fine, but at the same time, it's neither brattish nor ungrateful to not like the direction a game that you care about is going in. 

You can also stop playing a game that's not worth your pound either.

I really don't care if there is seasonal alt or not.

34 minutes ago, toxic1 said:

You can also stop playing a game that's not worth your pound either.

I really don't care if there is seasonal alt or not.

That's your prerogative. I love Fire Emblem and I desperately want to love this game as much as I did back when it first started, plus I like the units I have invested in. However, things like this are disappointing to me and to a lot of others. How many others, I don't know, but being called brattish by someone for wanting the game to be the best it can (even if I can only say it from how I feel it would be better) is ridiculous. 

I could say the same to you. If you don't want to see people complaining about a game, don't come onto the public forum, especially during a time when less popular updates are being announced. It's a place for people to express their dismay as well as their joy with a game. Your view isn't superior to mine just because it's positive towards the game. 

Edited by Cute Chao

37 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I could say the same to you. If you don't want to see people complaining about a game, don't come onto the public forum, especially during a time when less popular updates are being announced. It's a place for people to express their dismay as well as their joy with a game. Your view isn't superior to mine just because it's positive towards the game. 

Never said but sure alright. It's not like this the 1st time I've been accuse of this.

I just don't get why people are playing a game they clearly dislike week after week

Welp, more time to save for Rinkah, Tatiana and Zeke. For me it depends a little on whom they put on the seasonal banner. Greils banner wasn't so bad either overall. 
If they just would do a Genealogy/Thracia seasonal now it would hit the spot. Bridal Tatiana with Zeke at her side. Oh boy...
But I guess the odds are low here...

Or maybe they will take this opportunity to add some seasonal beasts. beware the beasts!

28 minutes ago, toxic1 said:

I just don't get why people are playing a game they clearly dislike week after week

Pretty much as Ice Dragon says. I don't dislike the game. The latest banner and the story, I'm quite enjoying. I'm just not liking how they're cramming it with things, like seasonals, that feel like they detract from the overall game for reasons I mentioned before (further lack of demotes, further limiting of skills, continuing the 4:1 ratio of women:men, lack of progression on story chapters, characters won't pop up as bonuses in arena and ar past the first time they show up, reducing the amount of new characters in the game, less chapters = less orbs). 

Not all of these points apply to everyone, but these make me dislike these banners and want to see less of them, personally, as do a fair few people on this site currently judging by these comments. It's not really easy to tell if they'll be detrimental in the long run because we can't see what goes on in the background but it does make me unhappy about the state of the game at times. 

Edited by Cute Chao

While I understand people’s grievances, Personally I don’t mind more seasonal banners as it’s just more opportunities to give seasonals to characters who don’t already have one(hostile springs not withstanding). That’s the way I see it anyway.

4 hours ago, Mercakete said:

As much I advocate the mindset here, I'm not sure what you're expecting when you're in the Heroes thread.  People got the right to express themselves, you don't have to be in the Heroes thread all the time.

Don't let others ruin that for you

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

It's entirely possible to like a game and dislike how it's being managed.

See, that's what I thought about SWTOR too. Until I realize that no, I just hate the game period.

3 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

Pretty much as Ice Dragon says. I don't dislike the game. The latest banner and the story, I'm quite enjoying. I'm just not liking how they're cramming it with things, like seasonals, that feel like they detract from the overall game for reasons I mentioned before (further lack of demotes, further limiting of skills, continuing the 4:1 ratio of women:men, lack of progression on story chapters, characters won't pop up as bonuses in arena and ar past the first time they show up, reducing the amount of new characters in the game, less chapters = less orbs). 

Not all of these points apply to everyone, but these make me dislike these banners and want to see less of them, personally, as do a fair few people on this site currently judging by these comments. It's not really easy to tell if they'll be detrimental in the long run because we can't see what goes on in the background but it does make me unhappy about the state of the game at times. 

Sounds like reasons to drop the game than anything else. Especially if you're going to use the majority the validate how you feel

Not really sure what's there to be hopeful these days since people being piss off for entire year now. After playing the game for an entire month & I didn't see any reasons why I should've stick around

Edited by toxic1

7 minutes ago, toxic1 said:

Sounds like reasons to drop the game than anything else. Especially if you're going to use the majority the validate how you feel

Not really sure what's there to be hopeful these days since people being piss off for entire year now. After playing the game for entire & I didn't see any reasons why I should've stick around

I'm not using the majority. I'm telling you how people are feeling in this thread and just showing that I'm not alone in my thoughts, since people have turned things against me before by basically saying 'only you' (heck, someone once accused me of sexism for being worried about the brides banner being only female and what that meant for male characters in the game for the future). I don't know if we're the majority or not in the game as a whole. I told you the reasons for how I'm feeling about seasonals and I also told you why I don't wish to drop the game - namely the characters I've built and the banners like the last one that introduce new faces, plus the story is finally starting to intrigue me again. I don't see how you missed those and just focussed on that one thing... 

I understand how you feel on the other side, if you like them, or if you gave up entirely and dropped the game. It's just not how I'm feeling. 

Edited by Cute Chao

3 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

Oh look everyone complaining about the Special Heroes summoning again.

Now I'm hoping it's not another Fallen since that would actually makes sense.

It's pretty much like clockwork.

I'm liking the Cherry Blossom festival idea for a seasonal. I forgot it was that time of year (trees are still all dead where I am and I don't even remember it's April half the time) Fallen heroes 2 will probably happen at some point, but they could just be another non-seasonal like last time still.

Once again, I think I'm one of the few who's cool with more seasonals. My only gripe is my orbs can't keep up with them.

8 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

It's pretty much like clockwork.

I'm liking the Cherry Blossom festival idea for a seasonal. I forgot it was that time of year (trees are still all dead where I am and I don't even remember it's April half the time) Fallen heroes 2 will probably happen at some point, but they could just be another non-seasonal like last time still.

Once again, I think I'm one of the few who's cool with more seasonals. My only gripe is my orbs can't keep up with them.

well it's tiring.  like truthfully - like i said last night. - i think it's obvious  that a lot of the casual players (and a good chunk of other people) don't mind the slow movement because TT is great (more orbs) and you get more interesting units,move types etc. sure you don't get demotions - but if it was clearly obvious that everyone hated seasonals as much as people tend to make it sound here - then  IS would be making less seasonals not more. Obviously people like them and this campagin to make it stop makes no sense. 

you don't like them, you have 3-4 weeks to save orbs until a banner you do like comes up - then you'll have MORE orbs to get the units you DO like.