New event calendar (April-May 2019)

DarkAlf

I wonder if people complaining about people complaining about Heroes appreciate the irony.

The last two seasonals each had a debutant, and only Ike already had an alt(s). If this new seasonal follows that trend, I’ll give it a pass.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Baldrick said:

I wonder if people complaining about people complaining about Heroes appreciate the irony.

The last two seasonals each had a debutant, and only Ike already had an alt(s). If this new seasonal follows that trend, I’ll give it a pass.

I think people are already with the idea this banner will be pretty much like Hostile Springs (every character already had Alts, with two of them already able to do Character Emblem) because of most likely having a "random theme" like HS.

As far as I'm concerned, debuting in a joke seasonal isn't debuting at all. 

LA Greil is not the same as Greil to me, at all. If anything, I'd be more insulted if I really wanted a character, but the only way they're getting in is as a goof. 

Edited by Etheus

My favorite part of the game is new character additions. More seasonal banners means missing out on expected new characters both now and in the future.

1 hour ago, Baldrick said:

That makes them better than expected for a seasonal banner but still far worse than expected for a normal banner.

24 minutes ago, Etheus said:

As far as I'm concerned, debuting in a joke seasonal isn't debuting at all. 

LA Greil is not the same as Greil to me, at all. If anything, I'd be more insulted if I really wanted a character, but the only way they're getting in is as a goof. 

Ike getting a chance to say goodbye to his dad is not a goof.

2 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

I'm not using the majority. I'm telling you how people are feeling in this thread and just showing that I'm not alone in my thoughts, since people have turned things against me before by basically saying 'only you' (heck, someone once accused me of sexism for being worried about the brides banner being only female and what that meant for male characters in the game for the future). I don't know if we're the majority or not in the game as a whole. I told you the reasons for how I'm feeling about seasonals and I also told you why I don't wish to drop the game - namely the characters I've built and the banners like the last one that introduce new faces, plus the story is finally starting to intrigue me again. I don't see how you missed those and just focussed on that one thing... 

I understand how you feel on the other side, if you like them, or if you gave up entirely and dropped the game. It's just not how I'm feeling. 

I've lurking around long enough to know that's how the majority feels. That's general opinion right now.

And everything you just said eerily similar to how I felt about SWTOR but outweighing all the cons what you mention then let me stop you. It just sounds awfully a lot like "sunk cost fallacy" I when people go on & complain whatever show, comics, or game is about.

58 minutes ago, Troykv said:

I think people are already with the idea this banner will be pretty much like Hostile Springs (every character already had Alts, with two of them already able to do Character Emblem) because of most likely having a "random theme" like HS.

If that’s actually the case for some, then how about they, you know, actually wait until we see the banner instead of immediately condemning it. 

Oh right, they see any Special Heroes banner as Satan’s fecal matter regardless of its contents, my mistake.

13 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

If that’s actually the case for some, then how about they, you know, actually wait until we see the banner instead of immediately condemning it. 

Oh right, they see any Special Heroes banner as Satan’s fecal matter regardless of its contents, my mistake.

Because IS has yet to prove us wrong.

(For my part, the only alt banners I've actually liked are CYL, Fallen Heroes, and the first Performing Arts. Because these banners provide genuinely interesting, high quality, non-immersion breaking alts.)

24 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

you owe me a new computer. 

1 hour ago, Troykv said:

Only Camilla had enough alts before Hostile Springs to do Character Emblem. Ryoma got his 4th with that Banner. The others now have 3 versions~

22 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Because IS has yet to prove us wrong.

They already did when they introduced the Valentine theme last year, where at the time only Lyn and Roy had alts among those five characters.

Edited by Tybrosion

56 minutes ago, toxic1 said:

And everything you just said eerily similar to how I felt about SWTOR but outweighing all the cons what you mention then let me stop you. It just sounds awfully a lot like "sunk cost fallacy" I when people go on & complain whatever show, comics, or game is about.

Hopes for upcoming banners and the continuing storyline cannot possibly be sunk cost fallacy. A sunk cost necessarily must occur in the past.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

I already addressed that. The expectation for a normal New Heroes banner right now is five new characters. For a Special Heroes banner, being lucky in terms of fresh characters is one new character and four alts of characters who only have one previous version so far.

You know how people, including my self, complain about how this or that game hasn't had a new hero banner in a long time and so forth?  Well the variety of representation absolutely blows away seasonal banners which are 90% a Fates royal (and even then mostly Nohr) snorefest.  If seasonals actually you know represented a lot of different characters across the entire series it would be a different story.  Some people actually like variety, makes things much less boring.  

44 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

They already did when they introduced the Valentine theme last year, where at the time only Lyn and Roy had alts among those five characters.

And in the one this year only Ike already had any alts out of the bunch, and even then NONE of them actually had any seasonals already, including Ike. This one might've been the most liked seasonal banner so far, if not one of the most liked, because of this and the fact that I recall seeing a lot of people asking for seasonal Ike. Hopefully IS has learned from that.

At least we can stop pretending that Heroes "celebrates" the franchise as a whole. In fact, I would rename it to "Fire Emblem Top 200 Heroes", you know like the music charts. Heroes development team is so much out of touch with the fanbase (think about the last time the majority of players were overall happy, satisfied or excited?). You can really feel the gacha in the game now where things are designed in a short-term-view, which results in a shit ton of uninspired & predictable seasonal alts. If you're lucky and happen to like one of the Top 200 Heroes, there is no need  for you to complain. Just keep telling those, who are already waiting 2+ years for new characters (or their favorites) to be patient, because X Character needs an alt.

27 minutes ago, Othin said:

I already addressed that. The expectation for a normal New Heroes banner right now is five new characters. For a Special Heroes banner, being lucky in terms of fresh characters is one new character and four alts of characters who only have one previous version so far.

Yes, but it should also be clear now that these five new character banners come at the cost of being less frequent because of their higher quality never mind the fact that it's even more obvious that FEH is going to leave out a lot of characters and the sooner people come to terms with that, the better.

While I don’t see as bad having Seasonals this year opposed to last year (we’re getting 5-6 new characters every month), not having demotes from them (which could have been made up by demoting some Book 1 5*) and not progressing the story are two big NO to the increase of their amount.

17 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And in the one this year only Ike already had any alts out of the bunch, and even then NONE of them actually had any seasonals already, including Ike. This one might've been the most liked seasonal banner so far, if not one of the most liked, because of this and the fact that I recall seeing a lot of people asking for seasonal Ike. Hopefully IS has learned from that.

most liked... here? or most liked overall? I'm truly not being factious here but how do we know that this one is the most liked? was there a poll or a survey or something? How on earth can you be that confident this banner was the most liked.?

the banner has great SI to whale for. though I mean i know for me - I liked Hot Springs a hell of a lot more than I liked Greil's valentines or whatever it was called. - but to be fair. I wanted the flying healer, and flying dagger. had it been reversed - Greil's Hotspring and Mist was the Healer, I'd still want her because of how i play the game.

and if people are going by sales - I wonder if people also keep in mind the skills - not the "banner" itself. I mean DC/Special Fighter/Aether, Fury 4, would be big sellers for whales. so had it been fates/awakening, I'd reckon if it's the most "liked"  - would be because of that. 

2 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

most liked... here? or most liked overall? I'm truly not being factious here but how do we know that this one is the most liked? was there a poll or a survey or something? How on earth can you be that confident this banner was the most liked.?

You do realize I said MIGHT'VE, right? Obviously I can't say for sure that it was the most liked overall.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

You do realize I said MIGHT'VE, right? Obviously I can't say for sure that it was the most liked overall.

alright. you said MIGHT'VE. So again.: how do you know it might have been? the question is still a valid one. 

7 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

It's actually possible to find out to a decent approximation by trending YouTube likes and dislikes.

The number of dislikes should be roughly proportional to the amount of dislike to the banner.

The number of likes should remain relatively constant even with varying levels of approval, so a sudden spike is a strong sign of approval (as long as you can be certain the player base didn't suddenly grow) (though a lack of a spike is inconclusive).

Edited by Ice Dragon

3 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

alright. you said MIGHT'VE. So again.: how do you know it might have been? the question is still a valid one.

...And I already answered it?

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

It's actually possible to find out to a decent approximation using YouTube likes and dislikes.

The number of dislikes should be roughly proportional to the amount of dislike to the banner.

The number of likes should remain relatively constant even with varying levels of approval, so a sudden spike is a strong sign of approval (as long as you can be certain the player base didn't suddenly grow) (though a lack of a spike is inconclusive).

And there's this too. I recall the like bar for both verisons of the Greil's Devoted trailer being MASSIVE while the dislike bars were pretty small.

4 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

the banner has great SI to whale for. though I mean i know for me - I liked Hot Springs a hell of a lot more than I liked Greil's valentines or whatever it was called. - but to be fair. I wanted the flying healer, and flying dagger. had it been reversed - Greil's Hotspring and Mist was the Healer, I'd still want her because of how i play the game.

and if people are going by sales - I wonder if people also keep in mind the skills - not the "banner" itself. I mean DC/Special Fighter/Aether, Fury 4, would be big sellers for whales. so had it been fates/awakening, I'd reckon if it's the most "liked"  - would be because of that. 

Well that seasonal certainly didn't receive the backlash the one before it did. Honestly I feel the problem with seasonals at this point is that IS really needs to stop giving alts to same like 5 characters. I understand they want to keep seasonals to those of popular characters but there are other popular characters besides the 7 they've been reusing constantly. I know I'd whale for a Selena/Severa alt if they made one. I'm just curious as to why IS just seems to ignore so many popular characters as far as seasonals go. Like it really does baffle me as to why it took THIS long to get an ike seasonal. Like I know creating a new unit takes a lot of work and it's easier to go with what they know will sell but still

2 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Well that seasonal certainly didn't receive the backlash the one before it did. Honestly I feel the problem with seasonals at this point is that IS really needs to stop giving alts to same like 5 characters. I understand they want to keep seasonals to those of popular characters but there are other popular characters besides the 7 they've been reusing constantly. I know I'd whale for a Selena/Severa alt if they made one. I'm just curious as to why IS just seems to ignore so many popular characters as far as seasonals go. Like it really does baffle me as to why it took THIS long to get an ike seasonal. Like I know creating a new unit takes a lot of work and it's easier to go with what they know will sell but still

i'd like a selena/severa too. (wish i could build her but she is repo fodder, sadly)