New event calendar (April-May 2019)

DarkAlf

1 hour ago, Lewyn said:

It isn't like there is only one or two games that occurred before Awakening either.  So yeah people should complain unless the only games they like are Awakening and Fates, and they are well within their right to.  

Even as a fan of those two games myself(well more so awakening), the lack of variety from those games is just annoying. Like IS there are more fates characters besides Camilla y’know. Like I don’t get why it has to be the royals all the damn time. Like come on throw some of the retainers some love like Beruka, Oboro, or Effie. Also I’m sure many people would go nuts for cherche, sumia, or morgan to get some attention.

I say again. I’d totally whale for a Selena/Severa alt if only they’d let me.

Edited by Ottservia

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Every time someone says a generalization like “IS keeps spamming the Fates (or Nohr) royals”, my mind immediately goes to this:

Hide contents

QqKxhOa.png

Wow, how overexposed!

Poor leo. Feel bad for him. Getting thrown under the bus by everyone because of his older sister 

40 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Every time someone says a generalization like “IS keeps spamming the Fates (or Nohr) royals”, my mind immediately goes to this:

Reveal hidden contents

QqKxhOa.png

Wow, how overexposed!

When we say that the "Nohrian Royals are over exposed", we're actually saying "Camilla and Xander are over exposed".

At least Hinoka, Sakura and Elise gained her two Alts in a more reasonable pace.

Edited by Troykv

10 minutes ago, Troykv said:

When we say that the "Nohrian Royals are over exposed", we're actually saying "Camilla and Xander are over exposed".

At least Hinoka, Sakura and Elise gained her two Alts in a more reasonable pace.

Honestly, not even Xander is overexposed, at least not at this point. He was back in the first half of 2017, but then went about a year before getting alt #3 last August and still has yet to get anymore eight months later (though I suppose a legendary one is bound to show up sooner or later to parallel Ryoma's).

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Hopes for upcoming banners and the continuing storyline cannot possibly be sunk cost fallacy. A sunk cost necessarily must occur in the past.

SWTOR is an MMORPG that more than once tries to make you subscribe to them & I eventually relented because I got sick of not being able use hot keys.

I spent over $200 for a that fed on my addiction to the story & trying to keep up with everyone. It was one of the worst experience in my entire life & a lot of the complaint I hear here has an uncanny similarity to it.

All I know that the end of the day, Heroes never peer pressures to buy orbs in comparison to becoming a subscriber for SWTOR.

1 hour ago, Ottservia said:

Even as a fan of those two games myself(well more so awakening), the lack of variety from those games is just annoying. Like IS there are more fates characters besides Camilla y’know. Like I don’t get why it has to be the royals all the damn time. Like come on throw some of the retainers some love like Beruka, Oboro, or Effie. Also I’m sure many people would go nuts for cherche, sumia, or morgan to get some attention.

I say again. I’d totally whale for a Selena/Severa alt if only they’d let me.

Well yeah how nice that Camilla fans can make multiple camilla emblems, or Azura fans can make Azura emblem, Xander emblem, etc.  They are all super overexposed when you compare them to most other characters.  Meanwhile the vast majority of characters don't have a single alt, and there are many characters still to get in the game.  

Yes if using Fates, why not Selena/Severa alt, what she isn't hot enough?  I guess her rack is too small, and twin tails can't save her.  Or why not a Felicia alt, I thought french maids were hot stuff.  No here is Dominatrix Camilla in skin tight leather and carrying a whip.  Like it isn't just Fates, it is Fates royals.  Even within that it is really focused on only some of them. Takumi, Xander, Camilla, Azura.   

I haven't sent feedback yet, if it is a seasonal of pre Awakening characters I won't cause hey that is refreshing and rare.  If it is another Fates or even Awakening I will send feedback.  

Edited by Lewyn

9 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Yes if using Fates, why not Selena/Severa alt, what she isn't hot enough?  I guess her rack is too small, and twin tails can't save her.  Or why not a Felicia alt, I thought french maids were hot stuff.  No here is Dominatrix Camilla in skin tight leather and carrying a whip.  

I mean doesn’t stop them from giving Cordelia two seasonals. Need I remind you Severa’s are at least bigger than her mother’s not that it means much in the grand scheme of things but still. Also it’s not that french maids are hot it’s more so that their cute. Now if they wanted another big boob girl, I’m surprised they’ve yet to use peri considering she’s constantly making reference to her chest size in the japanese version of fates.

all around they’re too focused on the sexy and not the cute or sweet. Cause that’s pretty much the entirety of Felicia and Selena/Severa’s appeal. Cute clumsy submissive maid and cute embarrassed tsundere. If you want to break them down into they’re core marketing and fetish appeal.

Edited by Ottservia

9 hours ago, Alkaid said:

It's pretty much like clockwork.

I'm liking the Cherry Blossom festival idea for a seasonal. I forgot it was that time of year (trees are still all dead where I am and I don't even remember it's April half the time) Fallen heroes 2 will probably happen at some point, but they could just be another non-seasonal like last time still.

Once again, I think I'm one of the few who's cool with more seasonals. My only gripe is my orbs can't keep up with them.

I'm more indifferent so I do I count?

Jokes asides, I think it would aesthetically pleasing to see the cherry blossoms but I'm sure that's the next festival.

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

It's actually possible to find out to a decent approximation by trending YouTube likes and dislikes.

The number of dislikes should be roughly proportional to the amount of dislike to the banner.

The number of likes should remain relatively constant even with varying levels of approval, so a sudden spike is a strong sign of approval (as long as you can be certain the player base didn't suddenly grow) (though a lack of a spike is inconclusive).

Always great to know that exposure is the worst thing that can happen to a character.

Because what makes a controversial Fire Emblem character isn't how they're written but having a 4th alt.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

Reveal hidden contents

QqKxhOa.png

Wow, how overexposed!

Leo not only got to be in a manga but being the protagonist in said manga that has a superior story telling that Fate originally had.

That's eons better deal than having alts in a fake game that's constantly gets badgered on a daily basis

5 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Because what makes a controversial Fire Emblem character isn't how they're written but having a 4th alt.

to be fair Camilla has always been controversial and a lot of it has to do with how's she's written. Or at the very least how 60% of her character is written. Cause y'know who needs deep and nuanced character writing when they can just stuff tits in our face right?

2 hours ago, Troykv said:

For a moment there I though you were talking about how much skin they show.

Edited by Jingle Jangle

21 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

That's eons better deal than having alts in a fake game that's constantly gets badgered on a daily basis

Alright, so why are you on this board then if you don't even consider FEH a game (which is also a blatantly incorrect statement)?

58 minutes ago, toxic1 said:

SWTOR is an MMORPG that more than once tries to make you subscribe to them & I eventually relented because I got sick of not being able use hot keys.

I spent over $200 for a that fed on my addiction to the story & trying to keep up with everyone. It was one of the worst experience in my entire life & a lot of the complaint I hear here has an uncanny similarity to it.

All I know that the end of the day, Heroes never peer pressures to buy orbs in comparison to becoming a subscriber for SWTOR.

What the fuck?! I don't really play any MMOs, but having friends who do/did, aren't hotkeys like the backbone of not hating the games?

58 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

I haven't sent feedback yet, if it is a seasonal of pre Awakening characters I won't cause hey that is refreshing and rare.  If it is another Fates or even Awakening I will send feedback.  

Send feedback either way. That way, they know they did something right in your eyes. My gigantic-ass post about why people should vocalize negative opinions goes just as much for positive opinions too. I swear I'm not plugging myself.

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Hide contents

QqKxhOa.png

Wow, how overexposed!

Leo better get some damn justice this year, I swear~ How long must I spam Feedback asking for Leo alts, SMH~

1 hour ago, Jingle Jangle said:

For a moment there I though you were talking about how much skin their skins show.

Oh my. Well you aren't wrong about that comment thought lol.

33 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Send feedback either way. That way, they know they did something right in your eyes. My gigantic-ass post about why people should vocalize negative opinions goes just as much for positive opinions too. I swear I'm not plugging myself.

You are right I have been incredibly happy with the new hero banners this year but I haven't sent feedback.  I think we tend to send negative feedback, but it is important to send feedback when they do something you really love/like as well.  

12 hours ago, Stroud said:

Welp, more time to save for Rinkah, Tatiana and Zeke. For me it depends a little on whom they put on the seasonal banner. Greils banner wasn't so bad either overall. 
If they just would do a Genealogy/Thracia seasonal now it would hit the spot. Bridal Tatiana with Zeke at her side. Oh boy...
But I guess the odds are low here...

Or maybe they will take this opportunity to add some seasonal beasts. beware the beasts!

Zeke is in the game, though.  He's got a GHB once a week, so you can get him for free.

12 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

Pretty much as Ice Dragon says. I don't dislike the game. The latest banner and the story, I'm quite enjoying. I'm just not liking how they're cramming it with things, like seasonals, that feel like they detract from the overall game for reasons I mentioned before (further lack of demotes, further limiting of skills, continuing the 4:1 ratio of women:men, lack of progression on story chapters, characters won't pop up as bonuses in arena and ar past the first time they show up, reducing the amount of new characters in the game, less chapters = less orbs). 

Not all of these points apply to everyone, but these make me dislike these banners and want to see less of them, personally, as do a fair few people on this site currently judging by these comments. It's not really easy to tell if they'll be detrimental in the long run because we can't see what goes on in the background but it does make me unhappy about the state of the game at times. 

It miffs me when they put the BST skills on seasonals, like Bunronica, pretty much guaranteeing that I won't be getting that for SI.

7 hours ago, Lewyn said:

You know how people, including my self, complain about how this or that game hasn't had a new hero banner in a long time and so forth?  Well the variety of representation absolutely blows away seasonal banners which are 90% a Fates royal (and even then mostly Nohr) snorefest.  If seasonals actually you know represented a lot of different characters across the entire series it would be a different story.  Some people actually like variety, makes things much less boring.  

Nohr started ahead, but apart from Camilla, Hoshido has met and/or exceeded their Nohr counterparts.

6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

@Anacybele @daisy jane

Actual numbers for recent seasonals (like/dislike):

• Regal Rabbits
    • JP: 1032/203
    • EN: 7413/594
  • Greil's Devoted
    • JP: 2191/125
    • EN: 10254/372
  • Hostile Springs
    • JP: 1041/5448
    • EN: 5535/12868
  • New Year's of Fire and Ice
    • JP: 1358/380
    • EN: 7235/797
  • Gifts of Winter
    • JP: 1150/541
    • EN: 5890/2175

So yes, Greil's Devoted has noticeably higher likes than usual and fewer dislikes than usual. The fewer dislikes is not terribly significant just because smaller raw numbers have more uncertainty, but the number of likes is about 40-50% higher than normal, which is pretty significant for a number that theoretically shouldn't move too much except for strong reactions.

Looks like the Xmas banner was pretty unpopular too, I guess because the Stones twins had already reached saturation point.

14 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

So with with the dragalia crossover happening on the 25th who wants to take bets that we’ll be seeing dragalia next week?

They would have definitely announced something like that in the FEH Channel, I'm pretty sure at this time there's nothing with Dragalia gonna be on our end.

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Looks like the Xmas banner was pretty unpopular too, I guess because the Stones twins had already reached saturation point.

It's also relatively niche in that if you don't like armoured units, there's absolutely nothing there to get excited about. I feel all banners should at least try to have some diversity in move type to ensure there's something there for everyone.

There's a bit of irony that this happened for Christmas too. Doesn't matter what you want, or if you've been bad or good, you get an armour.

2 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

It's also relatively niche in that if you don't like armoured units, there's absolutely nothing there to get excited about. I feel all banners should at least try to have some diversity in move type to ensure there's something there for everyone.

There's a bit of irony that this happened for Christmas too. Doesn't matter what you want, or if you've been bad or good, you get an armour.

And that shiny stamina potions they left under the tree for us.  It's not like giving presents is a tradition or anything.

3 hours ago, Ottservia said:

I mean doesn’t stop them from giving Cordelia two seasonals. Need I remind you Severa’s are at least bigger than her mother’s not that it means much in the grand scheme of things but still. Also it’s not that french maids are hot it’s more so that their cute. Now if they wanted another big boob girl, I’m surprised they’ve yet to use peri considering she’s constantly making reference to her chest size in the japanese version of fates.

all around they’re too focused on the sexy and not the cute or sweet. Cause that’s pretty much the entirety of Felicia and Selena/Severa’s appeal. Cute clumsy submissive maid and cute embarrassed tsundere. If you want to break them down into they’re core marketing and fetish appeal.

That's true.  I think cause Cordelia is a larger story character and really strong.  I do think Selena/Severa type and Felicia could both do very well in terms of appeal and it would be much fresher than just using Camilla or even Cordelia again.  

What about Rinkah, where is she.  Muscular dark skinned Amazonian tribal woman, how is she not marketable?  

6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Well I tried to be randomly Shakespearean for a moment. Woops.

2 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Leo better get some damn justice this year, I swear~ How long must I spam Feedback asking for Leo alts, SMH~

The swimsuit is the ultimate form of alt, what else do you need to stare lovingly at? FE Warriors Promotion Leo, with the wounded art his Broken Armor model? 

6 hours ago, Lau said:

I'm sorry, I just love Archanea so much.

It amazes me you can be, must be hard. Since it sounded like you've never emulated, which denies access to 3/4s of Marth's games (well technically only half now if you don't mind going onto the Japanese Switch eShop and playing FE1 without a translation, but 98.5% of people won't do that I think).

Shame you're missing out. Since I've actually come to rather like FE3.

19 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

What about Rinkah, where is she.  Muscular dark skinned Amazonian tribal woman, how is she not marketable?  

Plus Axe Infantry- Female Axe Infantry, absolutely rare by canon FE standards. Ranked higher than Charlotte on CYL3.

Will she be good, or will she be Wo Gun fodder? (Assuming Great Club = Wo Gun.)

36 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

That's true.  I think cause Cordelia is a larger story character and really strong.  I do think Selena/Severa type and Felicia could both do very well in terms of appeal and it would be much fresher than just using Camilla or even Cordelia again.  

Agreed though I personally love Severa for very deep complex and personal reasons. I can’t deny the tsundere bit is a part of the reason I do like her a lot. Like seriously though if they wanna pander to otaku fetishes they gotta have a bit more variety to it. Sexy onee-chan will only get you so far honestly