The Great Grand Hero Battle: Haar

SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I managed to beat it on my first try with Cav Soren, Cav Mist, Ares, and Summer Cordelia.  Lately, these GHBs have had tons of trenches and anti-cav weapons that keep me from using my horses.  I'm honestly surprised they didn't incorporate the pitfalls from this map as trenches.

Cleared with the good ol' Boy Band of Naesala, NY!Hríd, Tibarn and Reyson. Hríd basically solo'd the right side while the birds cleared out the left. Haar did absolutely zip to my frosty prince. Now to train up Haar as a backup member like HS!Ryoma. I've already given him the recipe for Slaying Axe, and gotten him to 5*, just need 20k more feathers so Ican feed him a Subaki for QR3. Also thinking of giving him Steady Stance and of course Bonfire to play up that Def stat.

Pretty easy map so I didn't feel like bringing the full Squad (TM)

instead i did a 1 turn clear with RyoRein

Spoiler

I don't have null C on ryoma sadly, I like Nailah too much to fodder my only copy of her, or i might've tried for ryoma solo 1T clear
without null C he can't really get to the cav and still be in range of everyone else enough so I just had rein help out

and a ryoma no supports true solo

Spoiler

Edited by Thor Odinson

Haar flies.  My best unit is Leon.  I'll leave what happened to your imagination (not even that Panic guy was enough to stop my team).

6 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Bunny Alfonse debut! Yaaaaayy, can’t wait to see him in more clears~~

I could try and make a bunny clear, your Chrom clear is inspiring. Btw: I'm still missing the newer Chroms (Winter + Cav), they look fun. 

Boring stats, even more boring skills and now a easy map. Haar really did't swoop in to impress.

My Sharena team had absolutely no problem with this map. Matthew would have been picking his nose the entire map if the AI did't change their movements this time around.

I also tried to make things a bit more difficult with a different team. Gharnet and the possessed? They did not struggle too much either aside from them all being bad against the blue raven mage

@Nanima Ouch. Haar's team could Haardly do anything without being killed by arrows. Flying and ranged units work really well on the map. OG Takumi was on repo duty, but the rest killed it/them.

@Landmaster Oh hey thats a team I haven't seen before from you. You don't see lunge or (4 star) OG Chrom that much. I assume Haar would have done zero damage to helpfull Chrom?

@mampfoid Bunnyfonse (And not -speed like mine) and Brave Roy. Half of my cavalry team is present. Guard did't seem to be slowing you down very much.

5 minutes ago, Sasori said:

@mampfoid Bunnyfonse (And not -speed like mine) and Brave Roy. Half of my cavalry team is present. Guard did't seem to be slowing you down very much.

Alfonse is very fresh, I tried pretty hard to get him finally (got 7-8 other 5* before him over the course of all Fonse-banners). Proc'ing GF against a Guard unit requires CD reducing skills on top of the necessity to quad, it complicates things a little for me. 

8 minutes ago, Sasori said:

My Sharena team had absolutely no problem with this map. Matthew would have been picking his nose the entire map if the AI did't change their movements this time around.

Sharena and Raigh doing their job, but Matthew has to stay back this time. Nice! 

8 minutes ago, Sasori said:

I also tried to make things a bit more difficult with a different team. Gharnet and the possessed? They did not struggle too much either aside from them all being bad against the blue raven mage

Oh, Gharnef cool! I like his team. (I used him in a clear once, my evildoers-team (Garon, Gharnef, F!Grima & Valter) doesn't see much action though.)

Your Gharnef makes a good tag-team with Julius, they share even the boss kill in the end. 

10 hours ago, silverserpent said:

Cleared with the good ol' Boy Band of Naesala, NY!Hríd, Tibarn and Reyson.

Speaking of boy band teams, if this guy ever came, you might want to consider adding him to it.:

Spoiler

And here is a version of the same with less-than-pretty English subtitles. Ignore everything from 1:24 on, that is stuff the YouTuber added and is not part of the song.

Refreshing at all?

And to stay on topic, Haar get. Yay! Given I haven't much interest for using Cherche or Gerome, he'll have no rivals for being my Axe Flier barring Michalis (and Minerva- were it not for me not having her).

19 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Infernal Haar in one turn:

First time Alfonse! Elincia needed to ploy the sword flier and Roy needed Def smoke to kill Haar, but noone needed SPD buffs this time. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

No chance to withstand Marisa's Ignis, congrats! 

Haar is good for a concert: all those zero-damage sounds! Congrats! 

Very nice, as always! It's great to see the Alfonse you just got in action. I'm also partial to Elincia, so it's fun to see her fly around as well!

2 hours ago, Astellius said:

Very nice, as always! It's great to see the Alfonse you just got in action. I'm also partial to Elincia, so it's fun to see her fly around as well!

Thanks! I like both so you'll see them again for sure. :-)

13 hours ago, Thor Odinson said:

Pretty easy map so I didn't feel like bringing the full Squad (TM)

instead i did a 1 turn clear with RyoRein

Hide contents

I don't have null C on ryoma sadly, I like Nailah too much to fodder my only copy of her, or i might've tried for ryoma solo 1T clear
without null C he can't really get to the cav and still be in range of everyone else enough so I just had rein help out

and a ryoma no supports true solo

Hide contents

Nice work, map was too easy for Ryoma and Reinhardt, Ryoma could even do it on his own, great work!

10 hours ago, Sasori said:

Boring stats, even more boring skills and now a easy map. Haar really did't swoop in to impress.

@Landmaster Oh hey thats a team I haven't seen before from you. You don't see lunge or (4 star) OG Chrom that much. I assume Haar would have done zero damage to helpfull Chrom?

Yeah, soon as Pony Chrom is under 100% health, he gets +5 to all of his stats. Poor Haar would have been suiciding.

Team Sharena handled this pretty easily. I just noticed your Wrys is +Spd, is that intentional?

I liked the 2nd team, their edgy quotes every time they move and attack is just great

@Nanima

Sending fliers against you doesn't seem like a good idea and that is pretty much how it went. But even though it looked like you just easily took care of everyone without much effort, it is still good to see the Takumis back again. Thanks and well done!

@mcsilas

Oh, that team again, cool! Good job keeping the wyvern alive so it would block the armor slayer and also finding the right combination of skills to get all the kills.

Nice theme and clear, well done.

@mampfoid

Cool, that you already found a clear to bring your long-awaited rabbit. Also yay for Hector again, throwing people around and supporting specials. As always you make it look really easy, so lets hope there weren't too many deaths for skills behind the scenes. Well done!

@Landmaster

Weren't you the one who brought Chrom up? But still really nice clear with lots of cool and smart skill choices as always! Well done!

11 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I could try and make a bunny clear, your Chrom clear is inspiring. Btw: I'm still missing the newer Chroms (Winter + Cav), they look fun. 

YEssss, do the Bunnies!! I need to do some more with Winter Chrom, he's could probably use more investment~ Pony Chrom is really fun, mainly for his quotes

2 minutes ago, Azuris said:

Weren't you the one who brought Chrom up? But still really nice clear with lots of cool and smart skill choices as always! Well done!

I thought you said "Are we getting Chroms tomorrow" ahuahushdg

But thank you!

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Speaking of boy band teams, if this guy ever came, you might want to consider adding him to it.:

Hide contents

And here is a version of the same with less-than-pretty English subtitles. Ignore everything from 1:24 on, that is stuff the YouTuber added and is not part of the song.

Refreshing at all?

And to stay on topic, Haar get. Yay! Given I haven't much interest for using Cherche or Gerome, he'll have no rivals for being my Axe Flier barring Michalis (and Minerva- were it not for me not having her).

He's definitely a lead candidate. Any of the TMS guys are, really. They'd likely replace Reyson as my refresher if any of them are dancers. Hopefully IS brings the TMS crew as this year's dancer banner.

5 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I thought you said "Are we getting Chroms tomorrow" ahuahushdg

But thank you!

It was more of a joke after you said "I will just use 4 Chroms from now on" but it got us a cool clear, so everything turned out well, hehe

@mcsilas I guess he saw my three archers and decided to lean back and let things play out as they would. haha

That Black Knight Emblem was so cool! Just letting BK sit there and tank the Firesweep cav only to then take care of things with Vantage was really the best part. I still find Ares' "You scoundrel" line hilarious. Looks like Hardin didn't quite live up to the title. 

@daisy jane Yeah, it's been some time since I got to show them.

@Robert of Normandy That's a lot of enemies dealt with on enemy phase. Your ladies are really tough nuts to crack.

@kirauza343 Thanks! Yes, he is. Though I am hesitant to get his last copy from the grail job, because they still might add him to the weekly reruns and I am not sure if I could get another copy through that. I'll wait until Golden Week.

Your Marisa isn't too far from +10 herself. I am sure you are looking forward to that day. She is quite fierce already, not taking any damage from Haar and even taking him out with a perfect damage special. Cherche took a bad hit from the green tome flier, but payed it back tenfold. This map really was too easy for your girls.

And proving her fierceness even harder, Marisa takes on the map all by herself. Really amazing to see what she can do. The end got a bit tense, but then Micaiah and Celica simply jumped across the map to lure the cav to his death by sword. Very entertaining to be sure.

@mampfoid I see Hector is back to his favourite pastime: Shoving poor Roy around. ;) Great to see Bunphonse around, he seems to be a great green cav. It was also nice that you left Haar as the final kill. Congrats!

@Landmaster Now that's a fun Emblem to try. ~ Poor 4* Chrom trying his best but just lacking in firepower. Christmas!Chrom also got beat up a lot, but he's pretty sturdy thankfully. You also did great keeping Haar for last. Really fun hearing all of the Chroms' different voice lines.

@Sasori The friends really sweeped the map away. Raigh especially was just on a roll this time. Haar's special just didn't keep him safe at all from that feisty boy. Sharena murdered everything that was in front of her lance. It was great to see. Congrats!

Great to see Possessed Heroes and even greater to see someone else use Skadikumi. They really massacred this map. I must say, I was pretty amused at the accidental "dialogue" between Gharnef and Skadi: "The world will-" "DIE!". I also loved Gharnef and Julius teaming up to roast Haar. Excellent clear.

@Azuris Yeah it really is. I am glad you are happy to see them again. It's really been a whilem hasn't it?

As for my own remaining clears:

@ruruo

First off, the princesses. Being joined by their original big sis this time.

Music: Uh.. some song from Umineko. The place I got it from has a bunch of the soundtrack tracks unidentified and usually I can find them on youtube under the correct title, but I looked for this one for at least an hour and couldn't find it. Sorry for the trouble.;;;

Anyway, I thought not having an archer would make things more difficult for the girls, but it looks like I was wrong. xD They were even faster than the Takus in clearing things up. OG!Sakura is just pretty bulky all around and Sakunyan can pack quite the punch with her Barbed Dagger. Hinoka would have literally done nothing, not even buffed, if I hadn't wanted to let Sakunyan end it with a finisher. OG!Sakura could have still dealt with the last mage, but I wanted to end things on a bang and let her sister pull her out. Otherwise poor Hinoka was just there to watch from afar.

Next, the stars. With Sunkumi being replaced by his New Year counterpart.

Music: The Sin - Umineko (this one I knew).

This one had more of a hit and run element to it. Dealing with Haar was still how I wanted to start out, but being able to take out everyone else in one turn was a pleasant surprise. Poor Nyakumi also ended up on positioning duty, but the point of adding him wasn't to gain additional firepower after all. If anything, my remaining stars proved themselves capable of doing this with just the three of them and that's pretty great. The only thing I really needed was give Maribelle Vantage at the end, so she could take out the green flier before she killed her. She decided to commit honorable suicide via the certified mage killer, Sakuynan, instead.

Anyway, that's it for this one. Hope you enjoyed! 

4 hours ago, Azuris said:

Cool, that you already found a clear to bring your long-awaited rabbit. Also yay for Hector again, throwing people around and supporting specials. As always you make it look really easy, so lets hope there weren't too many deaths for skills behind the scenes. Well done!

Thanks! 

Haha, yeah Hectors Pulse is just to useful, especially against all those guard units. 

Alfonse didn't get rare skills (yet), but he ate already a lot of resources. Not very smart since BB!Marth pretty much the same unit, trading HP/RES for ATK. I hope I'll have the occasion to use both of them in the same clear. 

4 hours ago, Landmaster said:

YEssss, do the Bunnies!! I need to do some more with Winter Chrom, he's could probably use more investment~ Pony Chrom is really fun, mainly for his quotes

I have a bunny clear ready, but I'm not yet satisfied because it lacks special quotes (darn guard again). But now want to redo it, because Xander & Veronica team up with Alfonse & Sharena would be hilarious. 

3 hours ago, Nanima said:

I see Hector is back to his favourite pastime: Shoving poor Roy around. ;) Great to see Bunphonse around, he seems to be a great green cav. It was also nice that you left Haar as the final kill. Congrats!

Call him Smitor. The Fonse is a cool unit, I could have used him last year more though. 

Haar was so nice to wait at the perfect position to enjoy the full clear. Doesn't work out often do nicely. 

Thanks! :-)

First off, the princesses. Being joined by their original big sis this time.

Big sis job: cheering and being proud. 

Are you sure it wasn't lunatic difficulty? Sakura is the newest way to cheese stuff. ;-)

Next, the stars. With Sunkumi being replaced by his New Year counterpart.

No kill for Foxykumi? Well, the other stars had everything under control. Congrats! 

Sorry for the double post, but I had to share my OC Bunnies clear: 

(Xander is more or less a FEH OC to me ^^). 

Bonus: 

Spoiler

This was my first try, but it felt boring compared to the idea of using Xander and Sharena instead. 

@mcsilas @Landmaster @daisy jane  @DarkAlf @NegativeExponents- @Mau @Nanima 

The battle was honestly a joke for me. My distant counter sword Reinhardt basically soloed the entire map.

First enemy to attack pushed him into vantage range, and from there everyone else just suicided into him. Reinhardt killing them all 1 by 1, in a single round.

@mampfoidI wanted my Roy to get the KO on Haar but he needed more firepower so I'm glad to see him do it in your clear.

My cavalry came back from vacation so I let them out to play. 

Spoiler

Edited by Flying Shogi

3 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

My cavalry came back from vacation so I let them out to play. 

Welcome back cav-team! Too bad Roy was only there to watch, but the others had everything under control. On the cav-matter: Rare occasion to see Bunny Xander and Alfonse in action

Btw: That's a great amount of orbs you saved up, I admire your discipline. What are you saving for? 

Even if it was easy, I enjoyed this battle as it made me use the alternative build for Jamke (other than the usual brave-bow one)