Hi, I’m New

fantasticfox

Hi, I’m new to the forums and pretty new to Fire Emblem. I’ve played a bit of Genealogy and Awakening and have played a few games of Cipher on TTS and Lackey, but that’s about it.

I’m also a hobbyist game designer and really quite bad Mahjong player.

I've designed a few different kinds of games.  I made a short micro-game with one button that's available at https://easypeazygames.itch.io/frame-perfect-flower .  I made a prototype of an Action RPG that's like a bullet hell shmup.  I'm almost done with a 4 player party game.  And I just started on an SRPG Horror game.  I plan out gameplay and story elements in Word and execute in GameMaker Studio.

Hello, it's nice to have you here. Please, enjoy your stay!

On 13/04/2019 at 4:27 PM, fantasticfox said:

I've designed a few different kinds of games.  I made a short micro-game with one button that's available at https://easypeazygames.itch.io/frame-perfect-flower .  I made a prototype of an Action RPG that's like a bullet hell shmup.  I'm almost done with a 4 player party game.  And I just started on an SRPG Horror game.  I plan out gameplay and story elements in Word and execute in GameMaker Studio.

That's interesting. I wish I had more to say about it but I unfortunately don't...

On 12/04/2019 at 4:22 PM, fantasticfox said:

I’ve played a bit of Genealogy and Awakening

Same here. I started with Awakening and moved onto others after it. Though whenever I tried Genealogy, I'd always lose someone nearer to the end of the opening chapter and, since I don't like to accept my losses of units, instead turn off the game because I've just spent an hour or so to mess up at the last minute. People tell me to save state it but then it feels less natural and rewarding so I rarely go on it, if ever.

On 13/04/2019 at 4:51 PM, Ycine said:
On 12/04/2019 at 4:22 PM, fantasticfox said:

I’m also a hobbyist game designer and really quite bad Mahjong player.

Well, I'm bad at Mahjong too.

I mean... I've never played Mahjong, nor learned the rules... so if it's any consolation, you're both better than I am.

• 2 weeks later...