Fire Emblem AU's?

Comycat_Aleu

I've just decided to connect with the FE fandom, and since I'm migrating from the Undertale trash heap, I have an interest in AU's (or, alternate universes). I've seen a few mentions of them here and there, but are they popular? I've been thinking of reskinning an old idea of mine onto Fates. Are there any AU's you would like to share? (Who knows, maybe I'll do some fanart, but keep in mind I'm a normie and I only played Fates and Awakening thus far)

Also, what other sites are good for connecting with the fandom? 

A lot of writers/RPers here do like making AU’s for Fates.  Seen a lot of modern AU artwork of various characters throughout the series; even Kozaki himself - the main artist for Awakening and Fates - made one such drawing for Lucina.  It’s probably not as big for the FE fandom as it is for the Undertale fandom, but there is a presence of people who make AU stuff, whether it’s just simple art or full on fanfics set in AU’s.

In terms of other FE communities, I mostly prefer this one - it seems to be the most open-minded and friendly one out there.  But if you want to find more... well, there are no other forums I know of that are dedicated specifically to FE; you need to find the subsections and subforums of more general sites, such as Reddit and GBATemp (ROM-hacking site), that are dedicated to FE.

10 hours ago, eclipse said:

. . .normie?  Really?

Depends on what kind of AU you're looking for.

It was just a lighthearted joke pointed more toward the older side of the fandom, heh.

I guess just any, which ones seem to be most abundant (so far modern AU’s seem pretty popular)

5 hours ago, Comycat_Aleu said:

It was just a lighthearted joke pointed more toward the older side of the fandom, heh.

I guess just any, which ones seem to be most abundant (so far modern AU’s seem pretty popular)

Your joke wasn't funny.  Please try to be a bit more mindful of what passes for socially acceptable humor.

If you want a sort-of "official" AU, look no further than Tokyo Mirage Sessions.  Gameplay's fun, but not everyone's a fan of the Japanese entertainment industry.  The FE side shows up when fighting, as well as some very amusing references during sidequests.

3 hours ago, eclipse said:

Your joke wasn't funny.  Please try to be a bit more mindful of what passes for socially acceptable humor.

If you want a sort-of "official" AU, look no further than Tokyo Mirage Sessions.  Gameplay's fun, but not everyone's a fan of the Japanese entertainment industry.  The FE side shows up when fighting, as well as some very amusing references during sidequests.

I’m sorry, I’ll try to be more mindful here!

• 2 weeks later...

The idea of Fire Emblem AU's has been something on my mind for a while as well. My vision of them is more along the lines of DC's Elseworlds sort of situations. Off the top of my head, I've had ideas for worlds where:
-The cast of Shadow Dragon/(New)Mystery are transplanted into a pulpy, Prohibition-era crime thriller.

-The cast of Gaiden/Shadows of Valentia in a riff on Archie comics, with Alm in the Archie role, Faye standing in for Betty, Celica/Veronica, and Gray as the Jughead type.

-The cast of Blazing Blade is put in a story riffing on Murder on the Orient Express, with Hector being the Poirot of the proceedings.

-The cast of Awakening in a music industry-type story where Chrom and some of the Shepherds are an indie band called Chris Roman and the Shepherds, getting ready for a battle of the bands.

-The Nohr and Hoshido royal siblings competing on Family Feud, with Anna being the host and Azura and the two Corrins acting as the Vanna White-esque assistants.

Edited by Aior0sS@ggitar!us