Special Heroes Arrive! A Season for Picnics! - April 19th!

Anacybele

1 minute ago, Jave said:

and I don't believe on the whole "Special Banners replace New Banners" thing.

How would they not? It's not like development of seasonal units is actually significantly different than development of new heroes.

If you mean financially, then maybe, but from a purely implementation standpoint, it's the same basic resources just going one place or another.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Yeah, I'd like it even better if more seasonal banners had this kind of out-of-nowhere random theme. Having the repeating Spring banners with the same old designs is far less interesting than this banner with genuinely new artistic designs. Scrap all recurring seasonals and just make every single one have a random theme!

I'd be OK with that. They could keep the main seasonals like Valentines, Halloween, Winter, New Years, and mix up the rest.

YES! FINALLY, FELICIA GETS HER ALT! I DON'T EVEN CARE IF IT'S SOMEWHAT WEIRD AND ANOTHER AXE ARMOR, SHE HAS AN ALT!

ahem Anyways, the other units seem neat. I'd also like Genny since I really like her design and character. Lukas is always fun, although he looks kinda garbage (skills wise, art work looks great as always) so probably not. I would go for Flora if she didn't have that AR skill. Leo as the free unit is neat, hopefully he's actually good this time, I have been looking for a good Green cav, so maybe he'll fill that hole.

BUT FELICIA GUYS! SHE HAS AN ALT! I CAN DIE HAPPY!

4 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

How would they not? It's not like development of seasonal units is actually significantly different than development of new heroes.

If you mean financially, then maybe, but from a purely implementation standpoint, it's the same basic resources just going one place or another.

I mean, the way I see it, "replacing" means they would have started working on a regular banner before cancelling/delaying it for whatever reason and put a Special banner instead, but based on the info we have, my belief is that simply this is how IntSys is planning things. The pacing and frequency of banner types has definitely changed, no argument there (and I can understand people not liking that), but I don't think that necessarily means anything is getting replaced.

4 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

I didn't know Felicia was part of the Mafia! Or is she using a different Poison Cooking?

I knew Felicia was secretly Bianchi with all those poisoned dishes she concocted in the My Castle kitchen.

16 minutes ago, Jave said:

I mean, the way I see it, "replacing" means they would have started working on a regular banner before cancelling/delaying it for whatever reason and put a Special banner instead, but based on the info we have, my belief is that simply this is how IntSys is planning things. The pacing and frequency of banner types has definitely changed, no argument there (and I can understand people not liking that), but I don't think that necessarily means anything is getting replaced.

I see what you mean. I will say that I'm fairly certain that's not what people in general mean when they say replaced, rather there's a seasonal banner that in previous years was during a time when a regular banner would've been. But given how you're defining it, I can agree with that.

3 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Wait, if Felicia's weapon is beast effective why it's effective against armors in the video instead?

That's the lance armor's weapon, not hers. Her weapon is clearly shown to not be effective against armors, it's merely Glacies doing a massive amount of damage.

1 minute ago, DarthR0xas said:

That's the lance armor's weapon, not hers. Her weapon is clearly shown to not be effective against armors, it's merely Glacies doing a massive amount of damage.

no, its not abot the amount of damage dealt. It's about the color of the damage number text .  Weapon effective turns the damage text green, even if the damage is small or even 0 , it ill still be green. Felicia's weapon is supposed to be beast effective so why does it deal effective damage to the lance enemy?

1 minute ago, DraceEmpressa said:

no, its not abot the amount of damage dealt. It's about the color of the damage number text .  Weapon effective turns the damage text green, even if the damage is small or even 0 , it ill still be green. Felicia's weapon is supposed to be beast effective so why does it deal effective damage to the lance enemy?

It doesn't. The only green text at that point of the video is the enemy's weapon. Felicia's still uses the normal yellow font color.

Whew don't need to care for this banner at all, what a relief.

Genny is cute, but I have like 4 to 5 cav staffs already, so another one isn't necessary. Bit miffed at the AR skills, but I don't think they'll end up mattering too much since they don't count destroyed buildings and armours aren't kings of AR anyway. (though we can sideye this as Intsys attempt to make them so) 

Also free Leo, which I am okay with. Doubt he'll be broken, but let's hope he's at least decent. Then his fans can finally stop acting like he is some maligned victim of Intsys' abuse, when Jugdral Lords are still crying in no alts. Glad he is here and I am sure putting him to use.

4 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

But it's not green.

5gmScy4.png

EDIT: That expression on her face is hilarious though.

Edited by Humanoid

Oh yeah, I always found it funny how I love all the Greg Chun guys. :P Well, except Eldigan, but that's only because I've yet to play his game.

Maybe next time I see Greg Chun voicing a character, I have to check that character out. XD

Is that my boy Leo? It is!

Lukas is very tempting, soooo tempting, but I'm gonna have to force myself to pass. With Legendary Marth and Roy coming up, and Bride Caeda soon after, I need my orbs.

@silverserpent @NegativeExponents- Oh my god, I never expected to see a KHR reference here!

Edited by Lau

Interesting banner theme. Vastly prefer this type of seasonal over the likes of Summer swimsuits, spring rabbits and hot springs. At least all the characters on the banner are popular characters who don't have an alt yet. Free green tome Leo is also nice (please don't have a bad statline). Still not pulling on this banner though. I would rather wait and see if something more interesting happens next month with the New Heroes banner and the Bridal Seasonal.

Woah! I’m impressed with his art! Channeling his magic through Veggie Burger though? That’s interesting.

13 minutes ago, Lau said:

@silverserpent @NegativeExponents- Oh my god, I never expected to see a KHR reference here!

Likewise~

I’m even more impressed that there’s a third person who has knowledge of it.

5 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Woah! I’m impressed with his art! Channeling his magic through Veggie Burger though? That’s interesting.

Likewise~

I’m even more impressed that there’s a third person who has knowledge of it.

It's one of my favourite anime of all time! It's such a shame they never released the manga volumes in English (at least, beyond the first 16 volumes)

Oh wow, Leo is gorgeous! I really like the style, it looks really different.

Edited by Lau

This banner is a hard pass!

Armorers i dont care: check
No interesting skill to inherit: check
No interesting weapon to inherit: check

I am not fond of those AR exclusiv skills. It means the skill is useless for 90% of the other gameplay, most people destroy all defensiv buildings anyway, now you just kinda force them to do so which is ugh.

Errgh. I don’t  have any orbs for Genny. It hurts. Glad to to see SoV getting a seasonal, even if this technically isn’t one. I question why this banner is treated as a special one. There’s nothing that really screams seasonal or holiday about it - more like it waa just done for fun. Maybe there’s something about Japanese culture I don’t know. I feel it would have made more sense as just a themed alt banner like adrift or fallen (though it’s up for debate whether those count or not as alts in some cases). Gosh I hope I get lucky.

......Armors? Really? Well that kinda ruins everything. Like Felicia looks awesome but another axe armor is really the last thing I need. And Genny is another cav healer sigh, more things I have more than enough of. If she was actually riding the deer, I would've pulled for sure cause unique looking horses are awesome, but she gets just another boring white horse.

Oh well, good that I can skip then, will do one round for Genny but that's it.

Free Leo is awesome though! And green mage cav too, the only mage cav I still need! Though not the biggest fan of his art, kinda sad he got his original artist instead of the Summer Leo one who I prefer and his attack art looks kinda weird. Oh well, will wait to see him in game, or else I just keep Lyn on the team I guess.

Man I thought nothing could make me dissapointed about this banner and yet they still managed it lol.

44 minutes ago, Lau said:

Is that my boy Leo? It is!

Lukas is very tempting, soooo tempting, but I'm gonna have to force myself to pass. With Legendary Marth and Roy coming up, and Bride Caeda soon after, I need my orbs.

Lol, I only got into KHR recently, the correlations were just too easy to make.

Also, fuck yeah for Leo! Anyone know what his unit typing is?