Special Heroes Arrive! A Season for Picnics! - April 19th!

Anacybele

1 minute ago, silverserpent said:

Lol, I only got into KHR recently, the correlations were just too easy to make.

Also, fuck yeah for Leo! Anyone know what his unit typing is?

He's a green mage cavalier!

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overall, this is a snoozefest: more seasonal armors and another troubadour.

Don't plan on spending more than 15 orbs for this banner. The unit I want most is Felicia (best Fates girl to me and is currently the better beastkiller unit compared to Flora in terms of color matchups) though I wouldn't mind Flora and/or Genny if I were to randomly pull them in the first session.

Lukas is lame. Another lance armor and his lance is just an inheritable version of Shiro's Prf.

Leo being a green mage cavalier: unless he's got a very different stat allocation from Cecilia and/or has a unique Prf (antibeast tome?), he's a snore. At least we've got a nice Jojo meme for a few days.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Sigh....Felicia finally gets an alt....and it's in a freaking PICNIC banner. I thought they couldn't get lower in the barrel than Hot Springs but apparently I was wrong.

Hard pass. I'll wait for Felicia to hopefully appear in a Legendary banner or something. Better odds I'll get something useful then.

I definitely prefer this banner to the hot springs one but would have much rather had new heroes and more story instead of alts.

On the plus side: everyone except Leo hasn't already had an alt, plus we finally get a male green cav which is something I've desperately wanted (male flying mage and male flying and armour healers next please!). The art is lovely, too, which is why I'll try for Lukas despite really not needing him. Plus a 2:3 ratio, which I wouldn't mind so much with seasonals if they did it this way, especially over stupid 1:4.

Negatives: Oh yay. More armours - including lance and axe -.- Plus Felicia does the knock knee stance thing and Genny sits side saddle, both of which really bug me. I'll go for Lukas. Won't mind getting Flora (so long as I get Lukas). Really don't want the other two. 

Edited by Cute Chao

Character wise this banner is pretty good. Lukas is awesome, Flora is cool, Leo probably needed this alt and Genny is alright. I'd rather see someone else then Felicia, but I don't have anything against her.

I'm much less fond of the classes though. I was expecting to  complain about armours and their complete addiction to their broken fighting skills, but then I saw Lukas skillset. I don't play much aether raids and that means that there are exactly zero skills on him that are valuable for me. A unit I like being in a class I don't care for and with skills that don't do much for me kind of stings.

They just couldn't keep well enough alone, could they? I can't believe I actually thought we'd get a break from Fates alts (because we'd get Heroes OCs instead), but nope! Not only do we only get two Echoes characters after 2 years (Kliff not withstanding), the maids are by far the best of the bunch, complete with Prfs and high-tier skills! And the bonus is yet another Royal alt. Gee, we sure don't have enough of those!

...on the plus side, the Echoes duo look really happy and Greg Chun is always a win. Also, the maids' outfits are probably the closest we'll get to a Modern AU, but they still look good.

But being a free unit likely means Leo's forced to suck again. Salt aside: sorry, Leo fans. Onto the skills, the AR-O one seems counterintuitive; why would you want to keep your enemy's defenses intact?

Edited by DefyingFates

Turns out, Heroes can never have enough Fates alts. I think I'll just grab the orbs and bail, these new AR skills don't really look very interesting to me, even when I play a lot of AR.

Effective against beast weapons are nice, but I have to figure out how a frying pan can beat them so badly. Could be a sign for some upcoming Tellius units?

"Everyone says my cooking is to die for... and then they laugh" - best thing from the trailer

It's time to be taking a picnic I guess. I mean, there's dumber reasons for an alt banner.....

Flora first (Just once, no Fates would be nice), she's an armoured Red Dagger and she's coming with birds and Sæhrimnir (Which is a beastbreaker, +3 Atk, Reduces opponent's Atk/Def by up to 50% of the difference between her and her opponent's Res (up to -8 debuff), debuffs after combat), Iceberg, AR-D Atk/Res 3 (Gets up to +10 Atk/Res based on the structures still standing), Bold Fighter and Armour March (Of course she's busted). Lukas is finally a lance armour (FINALLY), he comes with the Luncheon Lance (Gives Atk/Def +4 if foe intiates), Pivot, AR-O Atk/Def 3 (Like Flora's, but the less the enemy has during your offences) and Wary Fighter (Hopefully his stats are neat). Genny comes with a deer and a horse (No sheep though. :( ), a Toasty Skewer (If foe initiates against Ally, gives Ally Def/Res +3 (that's cool actually)), Physic, Fireflood Balm (+Atk/Res 6), Wrathful Staff and Def Opening (If her stats are good I might consider her). Felicia finally gets an alt with an Axe Armour (I debate if it's worth pulling her so that Halloween Jakob has a more fitting support partner), but she comes with Eldhrímnir (Beastbreaker, Spd+3, Similar effect to Flora but reduces spd instead of def), Glacies, Spd/Def Bond, Special Fighter and Close Guard (My number of fast axe armours isn't exactly high).

Also in the corner, LEO FINALLY GETS A SECOND ALT. The guy must be so happy he gets a not red tome too. These AR skills are so specific that outside their base they don't seem too amazing and yet another Axe armour makes me sad. There is also Horse!Genny, who could be worse but she's not got enough sheep or that deer in combat. Guess I'll see who else is in the TT list first (God I hope Genny's on it).

Edited by Dayni

hell yeah can't wait to see my man summer odin wearing just a pair of bermuda shorts being an armored mage

also i find it hilarious how intsys is running this sort of tellius vs fates competitions: fates seasonal-> tellius seasonal-> fates furries ft. rabbit-> tellius furries ft. snake-> fates seasonal

am i supposed to hope for the brides' banner to be tellius once again? maybe bride elena? pretty please?

on a serious note, this is an easy skip for me, not even mad about intsys' overload of armor units or fates alts, that's just how life goes i guess

but hey, at least leo's fans can shut up be happy, right?

lukas and genny are cute, but they're not enough to make me want to spend my already extremely few orbs

AR skills are... ok i guess? i couldn't really care less about AR, so like... whatever

i just hope i can get felicia for free so that i can fodder her for close guard, that's it

wow, how they trolled us: Genny obviously on the left side. So we did not think that it could be about fates. 

Flora being red is a bit sad, I guess I will go for red on free. But Genny would be nice though...Well I see what I get on my free circle. 

I really like the characters in this banner and their arts are very cute... but I don't need any of them so I'll save my orbs for this month's legendary. 

After seeing Genny's art I also was expecting that she would ride a deer instead of a horse. It would have been really cute, very princess-like.

I'm going to be honest- I'm mildly bothered that the seasonals are sorted by continent of appearance on the Meet the Heroes page.

You have the bunny Askrs, bunny Palla, picnic Valentia, bunny Marisa, Devotion Greil Mercs, and then picnic Fates.

Its a bit of an odd banner with Echoes and Fates sharing it. I wonder if it means IS doesn't trust Echoes to carry a banner. 

Its fine. I like or at least don't dislike everyone involved. But I doubt I'll be pulling much. Getting my lion king already took a lot of orbs and while I'm favorable to most characters they aren't exactly my favorites either

Eh.  I guess it's nice to see Shadows of Valentia alts, finally.  And at least 2 of the 3 Fates alts aren't royals.

Those enormous marshmallows on Genny's weapon, though.

7 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Oh yeah, and of course, Lukas is the only one without a full skill set and he's the only guy. Why is IS so sexist like this? Why can't more guys have full sets too?

I love that Lukas is here and I want him (even if he is an armor, but it actually makes some sense here for him because of his big back pack), but I'm getting tired of seeing male characters get treated this way.

I feel it worth noting that apparently the ratio of male to female employees at IS is almost exactly 3:1.  https://www.intsys.co.jp/company/outline/

Specifically, they've got 111 male employees and 40 female employees.

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

I’m kinda disappointed that Genny isn’t riding that deer in her artwork.

This is cute, but definitely skipping this one. Armor march and special fighter are nice, but I just can’t justify the orbs between trying to get another Caineghis and saving up for the Three Houses banner.

Nice to see the ice twins on the banner, didn't know they hated beast units that much. I wonder what is in that pot that make it so potent against animals? I'll this banner a skip, more orbs for bride Tharja.

Edited by Jingle Jangle

I’ll definitely be going for the maids, though Genny is pretty cute too. Also happy with a new Leo, as he’s my favorite Fates royal and I hope he’ll at least be decent. Don’t care about Lukas that much though.

I kinda wish we got this around forging bonds so we could get a marshmallow accessory lol.

14 minutes ago, Silverly said:

I’ll definitely be going for the maids, though Genny is pretty cute too. Also happy with a new Leo, as he’s my favorite Fates royal and I hope he’ll at least be decent. Don’t care about Lukas that much though.

I kinda wish we got this around forging bonds so we could get a marshmallow accessory lol.

We might get something with Tap Battle, maybe? They sometimes have accessories that link into the seasonal. I hope it's not an object on the head accessory, though. I don't really like those -.-

4 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Onto the skills, the AR-O one seems counterintuitive; why would you want to keep your enemy's defenses intact?

That is not how AR-O works.

The LESS Structure (D)s that are left standing, the MORE stats the unit gets.

If there are 2 or less Structure (D)s standing, the unit gets Stat/Stat +10. If there are 3, the unit gets Stat/Stat +7. If 4, then Stat/Stat +4. If 5 or more, then Stat/Stat +1.

The effect is opposite of AR-D.

If there are 2 or less Structure (D)s standing, the unit gets Stat/Stat +1. If there are 3, the unit gets Stat/Stat +4. If 4, then Stat/Stat +7. If 5 or more, then Stat/Stat +10.

Edited by XRay

I liked the theme, although I am not sure if I will summon on this banner. Not a huge fan of Armored Units, and I don't care about the AR skills. Genny would be my target, because Lucius would enjoy the Drive Bracing Stance Staff, and he also needs a Dual Balm+ Skill.

Lukas is also great! I really like Lukas, on of my favorite characters in Echoes. However, IntSys just made Shiro's Bright Naginata a inheritable weapon.

• Bright Naginata: If foe initiates combat, grants Atk/Def+4 during combat.
  • Luncheon Lance+: If foe initiates combat, grants Atk/Def +4 during combat.

This makes Shiro less unique... However my Silas or even OG Lukas would enjoy this lance.

About Picnic Leo's weapon, I can see being similar to Picnic Lukas's lance. Maybe Atk/Res+4 instead of Atk/Def+4? And since this lance has a Stance Skill on it, Leo could have another Stance Skill on his A-Slot, like Kestrel Stance

I rarely post anything but I'm super surprised at Lukas getting an alt. I'm using him as my main castle unit for a long time and he's also the first I managed to +10. But as much as I like him I don't think I want to +10 a seasonal version. Too bad his kit is almost launch unit unimpressive. I absolutely don't understand the mentality of giving one limited unit less skills and another one amazing fodder when neither will get demoted. Maybe he has super impressive statline but I doubt it.
I also have growing suspicions about new Legendary coming from Valentia, possibly with Luna as colorless bow. I'm most likely wrong but it sure would be something that could happen in gacha game.