Special Heroes Arrive! A Season for Picnics! - April 19th!

Anacybele

Spoiler

Well, before I saw those stats, I would've gone for Genny... but I already have +ATK regular Genny, so the new version offers nothing that I could actually desire (I was hoping she'd have like 38+ neutral ATK and a superboon, or something like that). Mildly disappointing, but oh well.

Lukas is similar, basically being himself as an Armored unit. However, I saw on Reddit that his DEF is a superboon, which means he can have 50 DEF with a DEF-refined weapon. Gonna put some probably-inaccurate math in this spoiler:

Spoiler

In theory, a Lukas with Earth Blessing and teammates consisting of Legendary Tiki (for 4-point DEF boost, only Armored Legendary/Mythic who currently offers a DEF boost) and 2 other Armor allies (in this case, Winter Eirika and an Armor that can use one of Kadomatsu+, Hama Ya+, or Hagoita+) with the following loadouts (only relevant portions will be listed for non-Lukas units):

Lukas +DEF/-SPD
Earth Blessing, Ally-S w/ Tiki, Summoner-S
Vanguard+ [DEF]
Ignis
Steady Stance 4
Vengeful Fighter 3
Panic Ploy 3
Close DEF 3 Seal

Legendary Tiki
Ally-S w/ Lukas
Rally ATK/DEF+
Ward Armor
Spur DEF 3 Seal

Winter Eirika
Toasty Skewer+
Earthwater Balm+
Ward Armor
Spur DEF 3 Seal

Sword/Axe/Bow Armor
Kadomatsu+ / Hama Ya+ / Hagoita+
Ward Armor
Drive DEF 2 Seal

That team could potentially result in Lukas having stats during combat that look like (assuming my math is correct, though I'm fairly certain I screwed up somewhere):

64 HP | 57 ATK [63 ATK when Rally ATK/DEF+ is applied] | 22 SPD | 107 DEF [113 when Rally ATK/DEF+ or Earthwater Balm+ is applied] | 49 RES [55 when Earthwater Balm+ is applied]

Which is just, fuck. At that point, Ignis is doing 86~91 damage (depending on if the +6 from Rally ATK/DEF+ or Earthwater Balm+ is on Lukas), while Bonfire deals a still-quite-high-or-at-least-it-feels-that-way-to-me 54~57 damage. And he's guaranteed to hit one of those too, unless a Guard-type effect is involved and/or his Vengeful Fighter follow-up is denied.

Granted, this is while Lukas is somehow in range of every single possible combat buff and assuming that I'm actually doing the math correctly (and that he's being attacked by a melee unit), but still.

Flora is roughly what I expected. She would be nice to get, plus I could maybe luck into regular Flora while pulling Red.

Felicia is actually better than I expected, being basically herself but taking the BST jump between gen1 Dagger and gen3 Armor and putting it into her problem areas to get a pretty well-balanced unit and what looks like a good user of Special Fighter. I desire her the most.

Gonna shoot for Red/Green since I want the maids more than anyone else, though if I happened to pull Lukas I'm sure I could find someone who wants his lance, and Genny is cute so getting her wouldn't be the worst thing either.

As for Leo... Looks decent enough. Granted, as soon as he stops being a bonus unit I'm using him as Distant DEF 3 and/or Sandwiches!+ fodder, but until then he'll be serviceable as an Arena bonus unit at least.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I mean he's not good. There are a lot of better red tome options.

Green is better than red for tanking.

There is nothing particularly threatening from green so red tanks are nowhere as valuable, while blue threats include Reinhardt, Ophelia, Est, and GA!Lucina.

Reinhardt is the reason why Gronnraven mages are still relevant, whereas Rauđrraven and Blárraven mages are mostly benched. ASFP!Leo can do Raven mage build very well due to his high balanced bulk. The only other green mage that can do it as well as ASFP!Leo is TOD!Henry. All other Gronnraven mages have lopsided bulk that makes them take heavy damage against archers/healers or Reinhardt.

Ophelia is straight up untankable for most tanks without significant stat advantage from bonus buffs/debuffs.

With the way flier balls are set up, tanking Est is practically suicide. She either murders your tank with tons of Goad Flier stacks, or be straight up unkillable with Ward Flier stacks.

GA!Lucina is not really noteworthy combat wise, but she is annoying to deal with due to her high mobility.

@Alexmender

Spoiler

Defensive green tome cavalier is how I even got into Tier 21 AR, thanks to TA Bowbreaker Cecilia (Extra move is really useful for things like tight maps or just Repoing units out of the enemy range). Leo's higher Def means he'll be taking bow hits better so I'm happy with a more physically defensive one. I'll have to see if I can get away with using him with DD instead of TA.

@NegativeExponents-

On 4/18/2019 at 2:08 PM, NegativeExponents- said:

I knew Felicia was secretly Bianchi with all those poisoned dishes she concocted in the My Castle kitchen.

Bianchi with Dino's clumsiness. That's a real dangerous weapon there. And the fact the weapon is in the pot must be because it's boiling hot, I feel sorry for any beasts who are unfortunate enough to come acroos Felicia.  Also woo more KHR fans

As for the general feeling on the banner, it's a nice filler banner and I like the unit choices, but less orbs means I'll probably skip after the first summon. I do like Lukas and Flora getting some love though and at least Leo has a different weapon type with a more useful colour. I wonder if they'll redo this theme next year...missed opportunities for Peri and Oscar and maybe a hungry Effie alt? Or even Sully as the Felicia-type unit with dangerous cooking.

It's datamine time:

Spoiler

Flora and Lukas are as expected, Lukas's Def is hideous though.

Really all of them fit their expected statline, though I don't think I'm all for going for them. Ah well.

Only used 50 of my saved orbs until I got Felicia. She was the one I wanted the most and got her with a good nature (+Atk -Res) so that's it for me for this banner.

Once again, good luck to everyone pulling on this one.

Dropped 8 orbs since 1 green, 2 reds, and 2 blues spawned for the first session.

Total pulls: 3* MMorgan, 4* Bartre, and +Res/-HP Picnic Flora

Overall, pretty satisfied. While Flora's color matchup spread VS. beasts is significantly worse than her twin's, at least she's a ranged unit.

Edited by Roflolxp54

This banner has given me a lot of 3* units.  Still no 5* (I'm not holding my breath), but I'd like to get to some of those skills without spending feathers!

Well, Leo's what he is I suppose.

Spent 8 orbs because one green and two red, but nothing of particular note. Did get a vanilla Camilla so now she's only one merge away from being +10. Now if only I could get 9 more Catrias and a damn Sothe.

Got Genny and some good SI fodder for 32 orbs. Statwise she's not really much different from her original form (who I have at +2), but her horse and superior skills make her a really nice addition to the team.

The Paralogue itself also tickled me a bit with Sharena's Dictatorship of Happiness (it'll make sense when you see it) and Lukas's reaction to Felicia's cooking.

Picnic Leo looks sweet to me.

Pulled the three red orbs in my free session but no Flora so far. Might go for her later on but I'm not sure.

On 4/18/2019 at 7:15 AM, Alastor15243 said:

I’m kinda disappointed that Genny isn’t riding that deer in her artwork.

Yeah I always liked the unique flyers, why oh why couldn't they have done it for Genny too.

I adore Felicia so I figured to free pull for her or maybe her sis since I like their outfits, but you all can guess what happened. No green. After blowing orbs on Mr. Armored Beast I had only about 20 orbs. And of course each session had at most 1 green or 1 red. Oh well didn't really expect to get anything anyways. Still the girls are cute and Lukas looks pretty nifty, though not competition for my top blue armor slot(though technically that is true for Felicia as well).

Thinking about it more - while Flora has a new unit type and several abilities I'd like, especially on a red armor, plus a new unit theme, I still can't care enough about her. I'd rather save my orbs for units like beasts and Halloween Niles, at least for now.

Edited by Othin

3 Greens 2 Reds from the first circle (Bartre, 2 Camillas, MCorrin, Roy). God I'm really getting annoyed by the obscene number of Titanias and Camillas, this marks my 79th Green Orb pulled since Reyson dropped to 4*, and still no Reyson in sight.

8 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Wall bros!

lol yeah. I'd like to finally upgrade original Lukas to 5 star too, though I don't know whether to go with +Atk or another +Def. I'm leaning towards the latter though.

Just now, Anacybele said:

lol yeah. I'd like to finally upgrade original Lukas to 5 star too, though I don't know whether to go with +Atk or another +Def. I'm leaning towards the latter though.

+Def if you want an absolute physical beast. Killer/Slaying Lance+ and Bonfire =everything dies on the counter. You're just boned if there's any sort of blue or green mage. Other than that, he can kill damn near anything.

8 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

+Def if you want an absolute physical beast. Killer/Slaying Lance+ and Bonfire =everything dies on the counter. You're just boned if there's any sort of blue or green mage. Other than that, he can kill damn near anything.

Yeah, that's what I figured since I run a similar setup on Freddy and Silas. Both of them kill almost anything when Ignis or Bonfire procs and Silas doesn't even have +Def, he has +Atk. XD But he does have a lot of Def boosting skills.

27 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, that's what I figured since I run a similar setup on Freddy and Silas. Both of them kill almost anything when Ignis or Bonfire procs and Silas doesn't even have +Def, he has +Atk. XD But he does have a lot of Def boosting skills.

sounds about right. Just got through the dialogue for the paralogue, Lukas is officially my favorite Valentia character.

I died at the direct gameplay reference he made.

12 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

sounds about right. Just got through the dialogue for the paralogue, Lukas is officially my favorite Valentia character.

I died at the direct gameplay reference he made.

He's mine too! :D that's why I wanted him here.

I'm not sure I've seen that reference yet, but it does sound funny. lol