Update on Vestaria Saga English release

AltheaFarseer

This morning Dangen Entertainment had a livestream for their 2nd anniversary, and it included an update on the English release of Vestaria Saga.

They show footage of Chapter 1 of the game, and talk about the difficulty of translating in SRPG Maker. They're still working on the game, and it sounds like there re still quite a few bugs that need to be fixed.

You can check out the video on their Twitch channel, with the Vestaria Saga info starting around 01:32:35.

So it is SRPG Maker delaying the translation process.

I hope they keep at it though, and perhaps find someone able to code together some tool that reduces the difficulty of the process- if such a thing is possible to my non-programmer mind. Even if it isn't useful for this game in particular, I'm sure there would be people who'd appreciate such a tool for future SRPG creations.

This is unfortunate, considering how the quality of the localised script from the bits we've seen actually seem really good. It must be discouraging when the primary obstacle to the project isn't the text but rather technical issues inherent to the SRPG Studio engine or its version compatibility. It's not surprising that DANGEN hasn't been able to be clearer about a release date, if the main hurdle isn't text but one of the game engine.

Though despite all this, I am glad that they made commitment towards making the localisation of the game happen very clear.

Edited by Aggro Incarnate