Katana ZERO

Jedi

It's out on both Steam and Switch. 

It's also a fantastic game, it's a dark and gritty Samurai in a Neo-Noir dystopian future game. The gameplay is super fast, addicting and has some puzzle elements to it. 

Here is some gameplay of mine of an earlier stage to show how it all works, it gets much more intense as it goes. (Also this is one of the few stages with some mild comedy). 

Anyone else played this game? If so what did you think? I'm currently working on getting all the secret keys now, i'm also wondering how the story will continue, (I won't say anything directly here because spoilers). 

But man do I adore this game, it came out at just the right time for me this year honestly. Also the music is fantastic. 

It is indeed an amazing game so far! I got the game yesterday and I already spent a considerable amount of time in it! Definitely one of the year's best.

5 hours ago, ~ Yuri ~ said:

It is indeed an amazing game so far! I got the game yesterday and I already spent a considerable amount of time in it! Definitely one of the year's best.

I can't stop replaying it haha. It's just dripping with so much quality and atmosphere.

• 1 year later...

I just finished Katana Zero and thought I'd give this game a shout out in case anyone is still skeptical or on the fence. Simply put, it's excellent. Controls are tight, levels are well designed, gameplay is surprisingly thoughtful (you can't just coast through the game mindlessly, you have to consider your options carefully to clear levels), AND it has an elaborate, intricate plot that just keeps getting weirder as you progress. Oh yeah, and a killer soundtrack to boot. Its only shortcoming is that it's bit short at roughly 6 hours to complete, but honestly, it's worth it, this is a good case of quality over quantity.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

See: https://katanaswords.net/reverse-blade-katana/

Katana Zero plays like if Hotline Miami would be a sidescroller. Soundtrack and the general "acidic" mood also remind me of HM. And that's a good thing.

The only gripe I have with KZ it's that it is a bit on the short side and the story feels like it's cut off, leaving you craving for more. I really hope we'll get a sequel someday,