Famitsu Articles Coming Out

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yo, that's some nice official art, though i would like some higher res. And Byleth and Sothis hold the same sword? Hmmmmmm. Sword also looks like a mix of Falchion and Yato. That third screenshot shows us that portraits have expressions. I mean, that's to be expected but it's interesting how we're only just seeing it now.

Can't make out the words in the top image because the words are too small but Sothis is saying along the lines of: "I... just don't know. Other than the name, I don't remember anything"

Edited by Flying Shogi

1 minute ago, Chitsuuki said:

The two Byleth doesn't have exactly the same names

Crap, you're right!  Male!Byleth's Japanese name is ベレト (Byleth), while Female!Byleth's Japanese name is ベレス (Beleth?).

Finally! New info!!!

This game looks better and better each time I see it...I'm really hoping it'll be like echoes a lot (presentation and story wise), despite the whole avatar thing going on. But I'm optimistic for this game though! It's just nice to get an HD fire emblem game finally!

Edited by Dinar87

Nice, now to wait for a translation. The different kana for either Byleth is suprising, I wonder if both are supposed to exist at once... probably not.

The map on the second shot is looking to be the same old one we've seen in trailer one and the ad, with a couple more forest tiles. The portraits of characters have a slightly different shape, nothing else jumps to my eyes at the moment.

Edit: Actually Edelgard now has the same movement(4) as other nobles. She had 5 in the reveal trailer. Also it is kinda weird how we keep getting shots of this map with enemies that wouldn't fit in the other scenarios. Either they're really tweaking this one a lot, or we may be there more than once.

Edit2: Crossed: No they don't, misremembered

Edited by Cysx

Finally I've been absent here for a long time finally the info is finally seeping in since it's coming real soon! Epic official art!!! I don't think the Byleths having slightly different default names means anything since its an extremely minor thing(kinda like the Pokemon MC). Now I can't wait to finally know the other characters and confirming other features!

Edited by Regal Edelgard Axe Master

Looks like we might finally get some info on the main three's personalities! Finally! I wonder if it'll go over some of the new gameplay mechanics or have more character profiles.

Also, if Flying Shogi's translation is correct, does Sothis have amnesia?

The more I see of the art the more I hate it, that aside seeing sothis in a less neutral position looks way better than previous showings, still doesn't save those eyes though, edelgards shorts just keep looking worse and worse, likewise, f!Byleth's lace tights just keep looking worse and worse, this design would have been just fine if they just left her legs exposed (or as lame as it would have been, full pants).

26 minutes ago, Regal Edelgard Axe Master said:

Looking at one pic that looks to be where you can talk to Dimitri and of characters MyCastle style.

Yeah pretty much can't wait for clearer images and translations!

Actually reading through the article with the preview, it says that in addition to explaining the story, the setting, and the main characters,  it will go over the combat and academy parts of the game. Additionally, there will be more information on the game in future issues.

Edited by Calico

1 minute ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

It looks like the artist couldn't decide whether to give her shorts are a proper skirt.

seriously, they need to be tighter, longer or just make them into a skirt, the tights don't help at all with the current look either.

2 minutes ago, Calico said:

Actually reading through the article with the preview, is says that in addition to explaining the story, the setting, and the main characters,  it will go over the combat and academy parts of the game. Additionally, there will be more information on the game in future issues.

Good VERY good as expected finally won't get bored waiting anymore!

Edited by Regal Edelgard Axe Master