Famitsu Articles Coming Out

I like how Dimitri seems to be stubborn to a fault. I mean all the portraits are facing left and he's looking to the right :P:

Jokes aside, it's awesome that we're finally getting some news, and that we'll apparently get something every week from now on.

Edited by Sushi_Cat

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Sushi_Cat said:

I like how Dimitri seems to be stubborn to a fault. I mean all the portraits are facing left and he's looking to the right :P:

Jokes aside, it's awesome that we're finally getting some news, and that we'll apparently get something every week from now on.

Completely agree lol knew he'd just stick out like that here!

38 minutes ago, Regal Edelgard Axe Master said:

I hope that building stuff is still there since they still have that mindset about customizable homes bases unless they'll do it like a "story progress and new buildings will open to you" kinda thing with every building or structure available but not when you start out first.

It's still possible there could be some building customization since they show so very little of the social and casual aspects of the game so far(you know the very popular things). They obviously have to talk about that very soon tbqh since that's what me and so many others are interested in the most. Especially since we already see a good amount of other things already likely in one of the upcoming Famitsu articles before a focus trailer on that till release hopefully in the next issue if its not shown for the one coming Thursday!

I think the art of both Byleth is by far the best we got for either of them at this point, to be frank. So that's something. But doesn't F!Byleth's sword look... different? Might be the angle. Edit: Plus they're both the same on the boxart.

Jeralt being just thrown in there when every main character gets their own section feels like a bad omen. Also I think Dimitri's lance is the same as on the cover art, which strengthens the  implication that it's some sort of personal weapon.

Most shots are probably from Garreg Mach, except Sothis' obviously, but Jeralt's might be a different place too. It's just too small for now, but I think it might be his and Byleth's  home.

Edited by Cysx

Sotthis having amnesia just furthers my theory that she's the sister/discarded part of Seiros.

We've already got an evil church so it isn't like this game is going to do much-- honestly, after the 3DS era consistently shit the bed in the writing department I'm not sure why people have any hopes for this game's story.

Jeralt just being stuck in there without full art is even further confirmation that he's going to die/be possessed/yadda yadda.

I'm mostly interested in more gameplay details and desperately hoping they don't axe the Weapon Triangle.

I have a bad feeling about Jeralt too, really hope he isn't just discount Greil. Recycling the dead mercenary father stuff is already pointless, but wasting it on an Avatar?

I'm hoping Jerry turns out to be a good character and I'm just being paranoid.

The fact that Sothis is talking to Byleth on the field there (at least that's what it looks like) makes me think that she'll be the one to introduce Byleth to whatever time based ability she seems to grant Byleth if our assumption is correct. I'm guessing it'll work like Shulk's foresight in that he'll foresee an unfavorable outcome and maneuver around it if this hasn't already been said, if it has I apologize.

The main three have such strong designs, I can't decide who's I like more.

About femByleth's design I have seen this edit around the internet,

0OwYRHw.png

I like black instead of the white for the collar. And the removal of the pink/magenta ribbon.The arm lace is a nice touch for a more regal appearance.

Yay, news! Or news about upcoming news, at least.

I guess we are really just getting face shots for dialog segment instead of full upper body this time? I admit I liked the larger shots we got in the more recent games, but if the in-game visuals are integrated well (for example, we see the characters doing proper animations during those conversations), it could be an upgrade. It'll also solve the "problem" where the character outfit didn't match the art after class change (face shot = outfit is irrelevant).

I think this art for F.Byleth looks nice? I really wasn't a fan of the in-game model we have seen last trailer, but in art form it looks nice. I'm still not a fan overall and I still give the design a thumbs down overall (the tights mostly, and the nonsensical breastplate), but I'm a bit less negative about it than I used to be. Dimitri's armor is the most armor-like we've seen so far, so I'll take that improvement too.

The colors on those images are brighter than what we saw on that trailer: I hope that's actually the case and not just on those low quality screenshots. One of my biggest complaint with the game's visual was how drab and "flat" everything looked. Those screenshots are brighter, more vibrant. I hope that will apply to the release game itself too!

Sotthis amnesia... Not a huge fan, but I favor that over the protagonist having amnesia. 

Overall, I'm positive with these "pre-news" personally. It's mostly just from an aesthetic standpoint of course (no gameplay and very little story to be gained so far), but I'm happy with the improvements (in my opinion) being shown here.

1 hour ago, Guest Lae said:

It's still possible there could be some building customization since they show so very little of the social and casual aspects of the game so far(you know the very popular things). They obviously have to talk about that very soon tbqh since that's what me and so many others are interested in the most. Especially since we already see a good amount of other things already likely in one of the upcoming Famitsu articles before a focus trailer on that till release hopefully in the next issue if its not shown for the one coming Thursday!

Very true hopefully saving the best for last! Hopefully we do get to that stuff REALLY soon that's all I care about at this point till the release!

Yeah @CysxJeralt barely getting any big summary or full official art like the others(atm anyway) definitely doesn't bode well with his fate(it does look like Jeralt and we are in a house probably our home starting off at the beginning).

Edited by Regal Edelgard Axe Master

One thing I'm interested in is the whole "choose your side" thing, whatever happens to the royals you don't pick is something I'm eager to see. Do you fight and conquer them? Do they eventually join your cause anyway somehow? my money's on the latter :/ They're definitely going to wind up fighting at some point so its at least interesting to think about.

I just got the last issue of Nintendo Dream, there are a few pages about the game in it, mainly an analyse of the last trailer but I don't really read japanese so I can't understand everything, but there is a picture of a white flag with a dragon and a shield that I don't remember seeing before :

Spoiler

5cbf7739ce522_20190423_2218161.thumb.jpg.e45a1d88ffe8ea023e2c627dc51226a8.jpg

It seems to be the blason of the Church of Seiros.

(Sorry if this was already shown before)

Edited by FuranSuwa
spelling correction

42 minutes ago, FuranSuwa said:

I just got the last issue of Nintendo Dream, there are a few pages about the game in it, mainly an analyse of the last trailer but I don't really read japanese so I can't understand everything, but there is a picture of a white flag with a dragon and a shield that I don't remember seeing before :

Reveal hidden contents

(Sorry if this was already shown before)

It's also featured in the Seasons of Warfare calendar.

But if that''s the Church of Seiros's flag, what's the flag being raised in this image? Edelgard can be seen holding this flag too, but it doesn't look like Adrestia or the Black Eagle's. I guess it could be the Knights of Seiros? Hopefully we'll find out soon anyway.

seiros-2.jpg

1 hour ago, FuranSuwa said:

That symbol should belong to Edelgard's house.

Spoiler

xVZovb7.pngFO0HMyk.jpg

Look at the bottom of the map, by Hresvelg. 

The dragon is new.

Edited by Lord_Grima

47 minutes ago, Lord_Grima said:

That symbol should belong to Edelgard's house.

Reveal hidden contents

xVZovb7.pngFO0HMyk.jpg

Look at the bottom of the map, by Hresvelg. 

The dragon is new.

There are pretty clearly close ties between the church of Seiros and Adrestia. The adrestian symbol is visible in various places of Garreg Mach(even though you'd expect it to be neutral territory), and the "oracle"'s dress also features it.

I'd assume that in general, the eagle represents Adrestia and the dragon the church specifically, and that the above shot doesn't feature the knights of Seiros, but regular adrestian knights, hence the flag. It's true that it's weird that we get three different flags for Adrestia, but I don't think there's a way Edelgard would use it with Adrestian soldiers under her command if it was anything else. It's also visible here, in what seems to be the training grounds, which are very likely part of the academy rather than the church.

g2tOCeo.jpg

As a result, we may actually not have seen any knights of Seiros at this point, beyond the fiery swordswoman, assuming she is one.

Edited by Cysx

21 hours ago, Lord-Zero said:

Please elaborate. 

Looks pretty tame to me. Let me guess, her pose and her feet? 

It's not just her pose, but it's the matter that she looks underage and it looks like that she isn't wearing much of anything down there.

I like fanservice and all, I prefer the "Camilla" kind of fanservice instead of trying to explain this kind of shit to my family.

3 minutes ago, Armchair General said:

I like fanservice and all, I prefer the "Camilla" kind of fanservice instead of trying to explain this kind of shit to my family.

Fair enough.  Though to be honest I'd have difficulty explaining either kind to my folks.

21 hours ago, Lord-Zero said:

Please elaborate. 

Looks pretty tame to me. Let me guess, her pose and her feet? 

I think we're all just a little loli-paranoid because of the last two mainline non-remake games seemingly drifting into THAT side of anime.

41 minutes ago, TheDreamReturns said:

I think we're all just a little loli-paranoid because of the last two mainline non-remake games seemingly drifting into THAT side of anime.

Ehh awakening wasn’t so bad about it. The only lolis were really Nowi and to a lesser degree Nah and at the very least they were tongue and cheek about it. Fates on the other hand.....

2 hours ago, Ottservia said:

Ehh awakening wasn’t so bad about it. The only lolis were really Nowi and to a lesser degree Nah and at the very least they were tongue and cheek about it. Fates on the other hand.....

Except Fates at least lets you ignore it for the most part unless you go out of your way to romance them/dress them up weird. Meanwhile, there is no escaping Nowis outfit. Also the tongue-in-cheek part was mostly added by the localization. In Japanese, Nowi acts and talks exactly like she is 6, but it's okay to marry her because "1000 years old". Meanwhile, in Fates, the only "loli" to wear provocative clothes by default is Nyx, and at least she actually is an adult in mind and action. 

26 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Except Fates at least lets you ignore it for the most part unless you go out of your way to romance them/dress them up weird. Meanwhile, there is no escaping Nowis outfit. Also the tongue-in-cheek part was mostly added by the localization. In Japanese, Nowi acts and talks exactly like she is 6, but it's okay to marry her because "1000 years old". Meanwhile, in Fates, the only "loli" to wear provocative clothes by default is Nyx, and at least she actually is an adult in mind and action. 

That’s a fair enough point but the tongue in cheek is also kind of there in the japanese version(considering nowi’s jp name is nono). Nowi at least isn’t calling you onii-chan every 5 seconds even in the s-support(at least as far as I can tell anyway) I dunno I’ve seen too much imouto anime in recent memory to be comfortable with that term

Edited by Ottservia

26 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

That’s a fair enough point but the tongue in cheek is also kind of there in the japanese version(considering nowi’s jp name is nono). Nowi at least isn’t calling you onii-chan every 5 seconds even in the s-support(at least as far as I can tell anyway) I dunno I’ve seen too much imouto anime in recent memory to be comfortable with that term

Except Nono is just a cutesy name to the Japanese ."no" as a way to signify questions, is commonly used by girls in their speech, which is why it's associated with cuteness and feminity. Doubling the syllable is commonly done in cutesy nicknames. It also pairs with Nah's Japanese name of "Nn". Basically Nowi and Nah are "??" and "..." (or "Hmm") in Japanese. So, no, I would not give the writers credit for that.

As for the onii-chan part, again that only gets creepy if you go out of your way to marry one of your little sisters. It's also a thing with the younger brothers, who I am sure you'll agree are a bit too old to be considered shotas. It's definitely targeted at that particular kind of audience though, but again you aren't forced to engage with that content unless you specifically go for it.

Edited by Nanima

after looking further at it, I love that sothis art, it has an excellent contrast between character design and personality, the design is loli-esque giving a harmless look, but the pose itself comes across as more dominant, it does make me curious about how sothis will be written, I certainly hope they give her a more level-headed attitude (though that does seem likely).