Famitsu Articles Coming Out

On the page where they introduce the three lordlings, I can't really make out what Claude is saying in the top line (something about his eyes but since I can't make out some kanji I don't know if he's speaking metaphorically). However, then he says...

先生にしかわからない何かがあったはずだ。 

He's saying "there had to be something only you knew/understood, instructor", right? So is he talking about Sothis, you think? Or am I misreading this? It would fit with the comment about his insight.

Dammit, I can't really make out Edelgard's lines. 

Dimitri says はは、まさか。先生も、冗談を言うことがあるんだな。So "Haha, impossible. So you're also telling jokes huh, instructor" is how I read that.

Edited by Thane

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, Aiddon said:

And it does look like the previous VA guesses were correct.

-Byleth (M): Yusuke Kobayashi - Arslan (The Heroic Legend of Arslan), Senku Ishigami (Dr. Stone), Subaru Natsuki (Re: Zero)

Oh god, time powers are real haha.

I do hope for Byleth's sake that he's not going to suffer as much as poor Subaru.

3 hours ago, Regal Edelgard Axe Master said:

So no Lunatic mode? Unless that's an unlockable now hopefully Hard will be a challenge if its no longer there also no Phoenix mode!!!

I'd give Hard a shot first, before decrying the lack of Lunatic.

51 minutes ago, colossus86 said:

Balancing move types through BST differences really didn't work in Heroes but we'll see if they make it more pronounced. And stat centered balancing is a slippery slope anyways as being able to cheese the game through cav spam isn't desirable, totally gutting them in combat wouldn't be fun for anyone either

There isn't as much out about the game system, so only time will tell.  Perhaps they'll be some maps with difficult terrain or something.

7 minutes ago, Thane said:

On the page where they introduce the three lordlings, I can't really make out what Claude is saying in the top line (something about his eyes but since I can't make out some kanji I don't know if he's speaking metaphorically). However, then he says...

先生にしかわからない何かがあったはずだ。 

He's saying "there had to be something only you knew/understood, instructor", right? So is he talking about Sothis, you think? Or am I misreading this? It would fit with the comment about his insight.

There's a little blurb next to the screen, which might answer your question (or not). :P:

---

Why are the women's legs so darn bright?  And what is up with everyone's necks?  I really don't care for the "women have really big eyes" style, either.

At least with the bigger art, Edel's leggings make a lot more sense (as in, "why are those leggings red", not "this makes the outfit come together").  Still really happy to see her in something that isn't a skirt.  Kinda wish I could see more of male Byleth - his art is hidden by his female counterpart, and I'd like to see if he carries the "splash of red/blue/yellow" motif that she has.

I want to take a comb to both Dimitri and Claude.  Edel's hair is gorgeous.

17 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I'd give Hard a shot first, before decrying the lack of Lunatic.

There isn't as much out about the game system, so only time will tell.  Perhaps they'll be some maps with difficult terrain or something.

There's a little blurb next to the screen, which might answer your question (or not). :P:

---

Why are the women's legs so darn bright?  And what is up with everyone's necks?  I really don't care for the "women have really big eyes" style, either.

At least with the bigger art, Edel's leggings make a lot more sense (as in, "why are those leggings red", not "this makes the outfit come together").  Still really happy to see her in something that isn't a skirt.  Kinda wish I could see more of male Byleth - his art is hidden by his female counterpart, and I'd like to see if he carries the "splash of red/blue/yellow" motif that she has.

I want to take a comb to both Dimitri and Claude.  Edel's hair is gorgeous.

I think the lack of Lunatic is worth decrying regardless of how Hard plays. The game industry needs more difficulty settings, not fewer.

It has been a private complaint of mine that the FE games often don't hit a comfortable difficulty for me. The difference between Normal and Hard in Fates, for me, is a jump between way too easy and frustratingly difficult. I would have loved something inbetween - a Fates with 4-5 difficulties (easy, normal, hard, lunatic, and infernal) rather than 3 (normal, hard, and lunatic). 

Edited by Etheus

"When the game is just booted, there will be choices for Normal/Hard difficulty and Casual/Classic mode" calm down guys - "when the game is just booted" sounds a hell of a lot like Lunatic unlocks after beating the game if you ask me.

1 hour ago, Etheus said:

I think the lack of Lunatic is worth decrying regardless of how Hard plays. The game industry needs more difficulty settings, not fewer.

Wait, then judge.  It works on everything ranging from "hey New Mystery has less difficulties than Shadow Dragon so it must be worse" to buying cars.

Ouchie, that's a lot of stuff. I'll be looking at these for a while... Guess the time of thoroughly inspecting every pixel might be behind us. Maybe.

Don't even know where to start... er... boy, forests give 30 avoid, that's certainly a lot; Edelgard's skill has the same icon as Nohr Prince(ss)'s Nobility... some people are commoners instead of nobles, that's cool...

Edited by Cysx

4 hours ago, eclipse said:

Wait, then judge.  It works on everything ranging from "hey New Mystery has less difficulties than Shadow Dragon so it must be worse" to buying cars.

There are so many factors for judging games. If New Mystery has fewer difficulty options than Shadow Dragon, that is a flaw worth noting. But thag flaw may or may not be made up for by advantages that New Mystery has over Shadow Dragon. That's how critique works.

6 hours ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

"When the game is just booted, there will be choices for Normal/Hard difficulty and Casual/Classic mode" calm down guys - "when the game is just booted" sounds a hell of a lot like Lunatic unlocks after beating the game if you ask me.

That sounds a lot like there isn't a Phoenix Mode option. As someone who used it for Birthright, that's pretty disappointing.

Guest Locke
35 minutes ago, Maimishou said:

That sounds a lot like there isn't a Phoenix Mode option. As someone who used it for Birthright, that's pretty disappointing.

Yeah, a completely harmless mode lost. It's unfortunate. 

3 hours ago, Etheus said:

There are so many factors for judging games. If New Mystery has fewer difficulty options than Shadow Dragon, that is a flaw worth noting. But thag flaw may or may not be made up for by advantages that New Mystery has over Shadow Dragon. That's how critique works.

Yet you're the one talking about how the lack of Lunatic in Three Houses is bad.

And no, it's not a flaw in New Mystery's case - its Lunatic mode is considered one of the better ones in the series (and it outstrips every last Shadow Dragon difficulty).  More is not automatically better.

Is the "Tree Houses" tag intended or a genuine typo?

Can I just say I'm glad we're got some information on the game? Since it's initial announcement, info droughts were constant, so it's nice to have gotten more info just two months since the last trailer. Just reading up on gameplay is honestly as interesting to me as a 100% production values trailer would be. With trailers I find myself exasperated at the lack of information and how much is left up to speculation and analysis. Plus trailers focus waaaayyy too much on cutscenes for my liking. I want to know how fun the game is to play, not to watch.

4 hours ago, IEatLasers said:

That article was filled with info! Some I love some I hate either way I can’t wait to play! 

do you guys think we will get info every month now? 

If the covering magazine of choice is Famitsu, and assuming we get something every issue, well it's a bi-weekly magazine, so twice a month.

2 hours ago, Cysx said:

If the covering magazine of choice is Famitsu, and assuming we get something every issue, well it's a bi-weekly magazine, so twice a month.

Unless I missed something, Famitsu is often referred to as Weekly Famitsu, so it should be a weekly magazine, right?

But in any case, they said there would be more info in future issues, but they didn't say which ones. So there's no guarantee the next issue will have news, I think.

7 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Unless I missed something, Famitsu is often referred to as Weekly Famitsu, so it should be a weekly magazine, right?

But in any case, they said there would be more info in future issues, but they didn't say which ones. So there's no guarantee the next issue will have news, I think.

You'd think so with that name. Their release schedule is looking a bit weird, the pricing especially. I guess I'm reading it wrong?

1 hour ago, Cysx said:

You'd think so with that name. Their release schedule is looking a bit weird, the pricing especially. I guess I'm reading it wrong?

There's no issue during Golden Week, IIRC. And that's coming up here soon.

I just noticed something about Edelgard's portrait (the one provided by the article): she's wearing heels. That makes zero sense: she's a student at a military academy, and class presumably goes on regular field trips to clear out bandits... and she's wearing heels. I'm not one to notice what kind of footwear characters have, so if I'm complaining about noticing her wearing heels and it making zero sense, then that should say something. 

1 hour ago, vanguard333 said:

I just noticed something about Edelgard's portrait (the one provided by the article): she's wearing heels. That makes zero sense: she's a student at a military academy, and class presumably goes on regular field trips to clear out bandits... and she's wearing heels. I'm not one to notice what kind of footwear characters have, so if I'm complaining about noticing her wearing heels and it making zero sense, then that should say something. 

...Sure it's awful for mud, but make them tall enough and it's good for gripping into uneven terrain!

1 hour ago, vanguard333 said:

So is F!Byleth. In both cases, it's awful. God forbid IS let women dress like combatants. 

1 minute ago, Disclaimer said:

So is F!Byleth. In both cases, it's awful. God forbid IS let women dress like combatants. 

The worst part is that they nearly got it right with Edelgard. Before I saw her heels, I thought her design was one of IS's best when it comes to female outfit designs. So, with Edelgard, it feels like the tripped just before the finish line. 

I'd say, details like that never bother me since, well, it's a video game.

That said, if I had something that would bug me about her design, is the fact she's wearing shorts over tights/leggings. Nothing about practicality or design... well, maybe it is about design. It's just in general it has never clicked on me the idea of wearing shorts over something that is already covering your legs fully. I suppose that also then applies to the female avatar design. I don't really dislike it or anything. I just find it... odd, in general.

4 hours ago, Disclaimer said:

God forbid IS let women dress like combatants.

Yeah, Edelgard and F!Avatar's heels are rather annoying. I've never understood it. If they were calvary, that would make sense: real horse riders often wear heeled shoes for better grip in the stirrups. And these heels were invented for men btw. 

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That said, if I had something that would bug me about her design, is the fact she's wearing shorts over tights/leggings

Yes. I find it very odd. Tights and leggings go more with dresses than short shorts. If they're going to give female characters better designs, give them full length freaking pants!