Famitsu Articles Coming Out

9 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Most fighters I can think of have started with 28-30 HP as a level 1-3 unit in previous games so no.

I guess I was just thinking about units from the more recent games because that's what I assumed they're working with. From Awakening and Fates: Arthur joins at level 7 with 24 (+5 from personal skill) base HP, Rinkah joins at level 4 with 20 base HP, Charlotte is the only comparable one who joins at level 10 with 33 base HP and is not 'level 1-3'. Vaike joins at level 3 with 24 base HP (+5 from personal skill). 

I do think fighters from older games did have higher HPs though. 

Edited by zuibangde

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, zuibangde said:

I guess I was just thinking about units from the more recent games because that's what I assumed they're working with. From Awakening and Fates: Arthur joins at level 7 with 24 (+5 from personal skill) base HP, Rinkah joins at level 4 with 20 base HP, Charlotte is the only comparable one who joins at level 10 with 33 base HP and is not 'level 1-3'. Vaike joins at level 3 with 24 base HP (+5 from personal skill). 

Well at least Vaike is consistent. I know Fates characters have notably less HP (particularly HP growths) compared to previous fire emblems. As for myself I was thinking of Bartre, Dorcas, Lot, Wade, Boyd, and Garcia. It's a common enough HP benchmark, and makes sense since fighters tend to have low defense and speed, requiring high HP to tank hits.

51 minutes ago, zuibangde said:

Wade has a base of 28, Lot 29, Dorcas 30, Bartre 29, Garcia 28, Boyd 30, Nolan 29; all of these but Nolan (9) are 2-4 level-wise. Thracia has similar values, Osian/Orsin is 27, Halvan is 28, Marty is level 1 with a beefy 32 (but 0 Speed and Skill).

The Archanean Fighters have lower base HPs- 22 on Bord and Cord and 26 for Barst in New Mystery, but similar base levels. Iucharba has 42 at level 12.

All of these characters manage to pull into the high 50s or cap at 60 (Thracia has a 80 HP cap and Marty breaks 60) HP by 20/20.

On an additional note, Lorentz has 32 max HP as a lv9 Noble/Commoner.  Also looking at her icon Hilda is not a fighter on that pic, just a Noble/Commoner with an axe.

Golden Deer confirmed as the beefy house?

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Calico said:

Not sure about this week's issue, but it looks like the issue that's coming out on May 16 will have new info on Three Houses.

Oh, indeed, it's on the cover. Didn't even look. It's not on the 9th's, but then again I'm not seeing it on the 04/25th's either.

Edit: ... but the scans are out already. Welp.

Edited by Cysx

57 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Edit: ... but the scans are out already. Welp.

Where? I can't find anything posted here or on Reddit. Can't see anything on Famitsu either.

Edited by Thane

Just now, Thane said:

I don't see anything new here. 

The Persona: The Royal scans seem to be from the 09/05 issue, so is the rest I'd assume. Would love to be wrong though.

I've said it before, but just so everyone's clear: The website said that they would continue to release information about the game in Weekly Famitsu (which is the name of the magazine),  and some people misinterpreted it as, "We will continue to release information weekly, in Famitsu."

It'll likely still happen this month before its over or at the very least 1 big one regarding the other features not talked about yet before the games release as it happened with Fates I believe Awakening too.

Edited by Regal Edelgard Axe Master

4 hours ago, Calico said:

I've said it before, but just so everyone's clear: The website said that they would continue to release information about the game in Weekly Famitsu (which is the name of the magazine),  and some people misinterpreted it as, "We will continue to release information weekly, in Famitsu."

Well there's also the fact that the coverage for Fates through Dengeki was constant, so you'd assume they'd do the same for this one. We did get a lot at once two weeks ago, though.

29 minutes ago, MetalAmethyst said:

You're sure?

I’m confident because the guy with a Chrom pic on Twitter said it and he’s always reliable in translating 

I’m not allowed to make twitter for whatever reason, and my dad pays for my college sooo 

11 minutes ago, IEatLasers said:

I’m confident because the guy with a Chrom pic on Twitter said it and he’s always reliable in translating 

I’m not allowed to make twitter for whatever reason, and my dad pays for my college sooo 

Thank Naga!!! Although I did predicted it was next week at least we're certain!

19 minutes ago, Cysx said:

https://www.play-asia.com/weekly-famitsu-may-16-2019-1589-extra-edition/13/70cnmj

You can spot "ファイアーエムブレム 風花雪月" in the lower left. That's the japanese title for Three Houses.

Close, but no coconut.

Famitsu and I think other Japanese gaming magazines are a bit weird, in that the name of the issue is actually from the future. In this case, the 16th May 2019 issue was released on 25th April (you can scroll down to see the release date) and is where this topic came from ^^

The issue you want is the 30th May 2019 issue. The current issue, 23rd May 2019, doesn't have anything Three Houses related (AFAIK).

1 minute ago, VincentASM said:

Close, but no coconut.

Famitsu and I think other Japanese gaming magazines are a bit weird, in that the name of the issue is actually from the future. In this case, the 16th May 2019 issue was released on 25th April (you can scroll down to see the release date) and is where this topic came from ^^

...That makes absolutely no sense.  Why do they do that?

4 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Close, but no coconut.

The issue you want is the 30th May 2019 issue. The current issue, 23rd May 2019, doesn't have anything Three Houses related (AFAIK).

Dang. No wonder I didn't get any of this. It did seem weird that they'd mention golden week on the cover, I guess...?

... unfortunately, that's all I've got.

Edited by Cysx