Famitsu Articles Coming Out

You know people are looking for things to bitch about when they start complaining about heels.

Anyways:
image0.jpg

Both Leonie and Lorence have been shown with Bows and Lances; wonder if that's their focus weapons. Hilda, meanwhile, while shown with a Bow at E3 has had an Axe equipped in multiple screenshots in this batch.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Serea-chan said:

Maybe Edelgard is flat-footed and needs the slight arch support. *shrug* Not everyone can be a Corrin.

That's... not how flat feet work. I can say this as someone with flat feet.

Arch supports inserts that you can put into shoes (or are already in the shoe) that better match the curvature of your feet. Inserts can have slight heels, but from my experience, they are 1.) incredibly short (like 1 cm tall at most) and 2.) can be worn inside other shoes like sneakers.

Not to mention, modern, feminine high heels like the ones Edelgard and F!Byleth are wearing were literally designed to make women walk unnaturally. Arch supports were made to help people like me walk more naturally without constantly rolling my feet inwards. High heels =/= arch supports at all.

No matter how you cut it, these heels are incredibly impractical.

1 hour ago, The DanMan said:

Both Leonie and Lorence have been shown with Bows and Lances; wonder if that's their focus weapons. Hilda, meanwhile, while shown with a Bow at E3 has had an Axe equipped in multiple screenshots in this batch.

It's entirely possible Hilda has focuses in Bows and Axes considering Edelgard appears to be strong in swords and axes (and people fom Adrestisa apparently have an affinity for magic). Makes me wonder if she's a good fit for the fighter class line. It's funny to imagine a dainty, pink pigtailed girl like Hilda as a beefy warrior, but we also had Charlotte in Fates, so who knows!

Edited by SageOfAnys

2 hours ago, The DanMan said:

You know people are looking for things to bitch about when they start complaining about heels.

Anyways:
image0.jpg

I'm more concerned about the yellow and green triangles. Maybe it's an indicator that they're ready to promote?

21 minutes ago, SageOfAnys said:

That's... not how flat feet work. I can say this as someone with flat feet.

Thank you! I was honestly going to say this, but you beat me to it. Anyway, I agree that it's possible for Hilda to have both bows and axes. I'm torn on whether to make her a Serra-clone healer of some kind (calvary would be cool) or a fighter.

7 minutes ago, Armchair General said:

I'm more concerned about the yellow and green triangles. Maybe it's an indicator that they're ready to promote?

Still think those are indicators of battalion troops being present and their current formation. If you look through screen shots of in combat how those Battalion troops are lined up seem to match the carrots.

Edited by Enduin

14 minutes ago, Serea-chan said:

Uhh I too have flat feet. I own a pair of boots that have zero heel on them and can only bear to walk in them for a few hours.

Heels don't resolve pain associated with flatfeet though. Keep in mind that I'm not a podiatrist, so I may not be 100% correct here, but the issue with flatfeet is that our lack of arches make overpronation (rolling our feet inwards when we take a step) easy. This causes pain in the feet due to our poor form when moving. The only ways to reduce the pain is to either change the way we walk or wear shoes with sufficient arch supports to prevent overpronation.

It's more likely that your heeled shoes force you to walk in a way which prevents/minimizes overpronation and/or your boots with zero heel have very little arch support. I find that flat boots typically have very little arch support inside them which make them difficult for me to wear too, but inserting arch supports negates it. I also have plenty of other flat shoes with good arch supports that I can move around all day in with minimal pain. Doesn't change the fact that heels are still god awful to run around in on a battlefield with, so a real flatfoot soldier would wear inserts and the fact that anyone whose a flatfoot probably won't be allowed to even see the battlefield anyway :P

But this is getting completely off topic and it's probably better we just drop this and actually talk about the game.

5 hours ago, Armchair General said:

Perhaps the "Gambit" Mechanic works on an ammo system and you can only use so many per map.

6 hours ago, Serea-chan said:

Uhh I too have flat feet. I own a pair of boots that have zero heel on them and can only bear to walk in them for a few hours.

Take this recommendation from an old lady: GO SEE A PODIATRIST.  Your feet are super-important, and not taking care of them will screw up a lot of other things (like your back due to compensating for your feet issues).  If you're having pain while walking, this needs to be addressed.  Your future self will thank you.

---

WRT heels, I can't see Byleth's one, so I'll wait until there's a side view of her boot.  That asymmetrical knee thing looks weird.  Edel's heel is a lot lower than I expected from the comments, and I'd like to see what her homeland's climate is like before deciding whether or not her shoes are a patently bad idea (a la Calill).

Edel's also royalty, so depending on her physical height, she might need the extra boost.  Silly, but that's how politics works.

10 hours ago, Enduin said:

Still think those are indicators of battalion troops being present and their current formation. If you look through screen shots of in combat how those Battalion troops are lined up seem to match the carrots.

I'd assume they'd have come up with a different icon for different formations though. Not the same one but smaller and recolored. Not that this confirms that there's nothing else, since most of what we're seeing is looking like the earlygame, but I'm starting to wonder.

5 hours ago, colossus86 said:

Perhaps the "Gambit" Mechanic works on an ammo system and you can only use so many per map.

That'd be a weird icon to signify that, but then again that'd be a weird icon for almost anything we as a community came up with. Sounds possible.

Edited by Cysx

7 hours ago, Cysx said:

I'd assume they'd have come up with a different icon for different formations though. Not the same one but smaller and recolored. Not that this confirms that there's nothing else, since most of what we're seeing is looking like the earlygame, but I'm starting to wonder.

Well best I can tell the battalion troops are in triangle shapes in both formations, just in three groups in one and two groups in the other. Another possibility is it's the same formation but the two yellow carrots denote battalions that have suffered some loses and aren't at full strength. Which makes sense since normally Green=healthy, Yellow=Injured, Red=near death.

Interesting thing that I just picked up on (sorry if it's been mentioned before). In the below screen we can see Dimitri's Professor Levels. He's only level 2, and if the bottom right bar (with his sprite) represents his level exp, he hasn't seen any action since he gained level 2. Notably, his Swords are at E+, Authority at D, and Lances at D+ (with E-rank everything else, and no additional points into anything). 

z_5cbf0e972f205.jpg 

In the direct we also see Lindhardt (at level 4 in Japanese, 6 in English!) with flat E+ Reason and D Faith, and E-rank everything else. Is he not being used, to not have any points in any Professor Level at that level? We also know from Petra's post-fight experience screen that at a base level 2 she had a flat D in Swords and E in Authority. 

I now think that in the direct footage with Dorothea being tutored she already had a D in Reason. So in the English direct she's had 18/27 points put into Reason (if Tutored, at +6 as a Strength) and 5 into Faith (at +4, minus a potential weakness penalty). We are told she can train 1 more time at the beginning, and see that her mood gauge appears to have originally been at 75%, is now at 25%, and drops all the way to 0%. She also he gets a 1.5x multiplier to the points earned. In the Japanese direct meanwhile, she can be trained 3 more time and has a 75% mood gauge go down to 50% after being Tutored once (also gets 1.5x points). She's had 45/57 into Swords (at +8) and 40 into Authority (at +6 from Professor Bonus).

Also in the Famitsu scan below we see level 5 Edelgard's mood gauge at 50%, and having an E+ in Swords, a flat D in Armour, and D in Axes and Authority. From the next screen we know she need 65 more points in the latter two for D+rank. It says she can be Tutored twice more (despite the green bar suggesting that you have three more Tutorings total), which matches with Tutoring taking 25% from Dorothea's mood gauge. The next shot has her levelling her Axes to D+, and we see that it's "cost" 25% of her mood gauge. But if these screen shots are happening concurrently (which I believe to be the case, as it seem that way elsewhere) then that means that a single Tutoring got her 65 points! That's huge!

(Also note that at this point in the game it looks like you can do 4 Tutorings as the bar is only three quarters full, as opposed to the direct where we saw it full with a 3, and briefly at two thirds with a 2 showing after Dorothea is Tutored.)

z_5cbf0e971927a.jpg

The majority of characters might begin with one E+rank, one D, and all else E. Meanwhile, the main trio might start at E+ in Swords, D in Authority, and D in Axes/Lances/Bows (respectively). Meaning that Edelgard (at level 5) has previously been Tutored 100 points in Armour up to a D and Dimitri has (at level 2) already been Tutored 80 points to a D+. It seems Tutoring must be much more effective than it seems on the face of what we've been told.

(We also see that to go up from an E is 40 points, E+ is 60, D is 80, but that D+ is 120. So there won't be a consistent 20 point increase.)

Either that or the main lords just get super buff ranks and Dimitri starts with D+ from the beginning, Edelgard having only a D in axes but starts with a D in armour to make up for it. If this version is true I'd say Claude would start with D+ in Bows. I hope it is the method Guest LSM mentioned however as it seems quite unbalanced.   

^^We also see the effects of the tutoring on Edelgard though, and that gives 6 exp, potentially *1.5, which is consistent with what Dorothea got in the trailer. One possible explanation is that + ranks don't require you to fill the bar to reach, but something else. We did get a part in the very first trailer about Edelgard asking what she should focus training on, which could be related... though it could also be completely outdated by now.

Also the bar indicates 3 tutorings being available, the empty part shows the cost pre-emptively. This is visible in the japanese trailer 2, as it flashes red, then gets consumed once Dorothea has received her bonus, then the 3 turns into a 2(which kind of makes me wonder if it really was the older build of the two).

Weapon ranks are just super weird here, there seems to be something we're missing.

Edit: Oh also I forgot to say, I'm not convinced any ranks we're seeing in those shots can reasonably be attributed to tutoring, almost everything is too clean at 0 exp of the current level, everyone has the exact same mood, Dimitri is only level 2 and Edelgard isn't much higher... Feels like the very first tutoring of the game to me, maybe a couple chapters in.

Edited by Cysx

24 minutes ago, zuibangde said:

Is it just me or does Hilda have insanely high HP for being a level 8 fighter?

Well she's lvl 8 so it might not be super early and several FE games (PoR for example) give out an Angelic Robe early on. It could also be that she's RNG blessed or that the fighter class its self has very high base HP

1 hour ago, Cysx said:

^^We also see the effects of the tutoring on Edelgard though, and that gives 6 exp, potentially *1.5, which is consistent with what Dorothea got in the trailer. One possible explanation is that + ranks don't require you to fill the bar to reach, but something else. We did get a part in the very first trailer about Edelgard asking what she should focus training on, which could be related... though it could also be completely outdated by now.

Also the bar indicates 3 tutorings being available, the empty part shows the cost pre-emptively. This is visible in the japanese trailer 2, as it flashes red, then gets consumed once Dorothea has received her bonus, then the 3 turns into a 2(which kind of makes me wonder if it really was the older build of the two).

Weapon ranks are just super weird here, there seems to be something we're missing.

Edit: Oh also I forgot to say, I'm not convinced any ranks we're seeing in those shots can reasonably be attributed to tutoring, almost everything is too clean at 0 exp of the current level, everyone has the exact same mood, Dimitri is only level 2 and Edelgard isn't much higher... Feels like the very first tutoring of the game to me, maybe a couple chapters in.

We see that it's supposed to give +6. But the next screenshot she's advanced the rank. And all the other screenshots seem to be showing actions one after the other, so... it'd be natural to infer that one leads to the next here as well, eh?

And I guess that's my conclusion too: something's weird here. Especially Lindhardt looking like he has his base ranks despite being levels 4 and 6. Maybe none of this is accurate to actual gameplay (like Petra's 100% crit chance in the direct) and it's a fool's game to try to analyse it?

An unarmored school uniform is bad for actual combat to begin with, i don't see how heels makes anything worse.

Realistically speaking any of the lords is dead the moment they enter the batlefield because they are on the frontline wearing very distinctive clothes and no armor.

57 minutes ago, Calico said:

@The DanMan We've known about that portrait since February. I posted about it in the character topic. Though your image may be a bit more high-quality?

We've seen her model, but not her portrait.

8 hours ago, Guest LSM said:

We see that it's supposed to give +6. But the next screenshot she's advanced the rank. And all the other screenshots seem to be showing actions one after the other, so... it'd be natural to infer that one leads to the next here as well, eh?

And I guess that's my conclusion too: something's weird here. Especially Lindhardt looking like he has his base ranks despite being levels 4 and 6. Maybe none of this is accurate to actual gameplay (like Petra's 100% crit chance in the direct) and it's a fool's game to try to analyse it?

Yeah but, from +6 to +65?

That's unfortunately always a possibility. I remember an early shot of Fates showing Felicia along with female Corrin in an early BR chapter(Zola's), which killed the theory that your main retainer was always the opposite gender of yours, even though it was correct. Those things happen.
It's fine though, it's not like we're breaking the internet by theorizing anyway, and we do end up finding the truth a lot of the time. In this precise case, I think it's reasonable to say we need more than what we currently have, though.