FE8: Game of Thrones?

primomaterial

I couldn’t personally complete the project, but despite FE8 being not that good of a FE, I do feel like it could serve as a good starting point for a GoT hack. 

I mean, the undead units are easily White Walkers. And then, while it would be a lot of work, reskinning units seems fun to me. And the story wouldn’t need to be tweaked too much. (Oddly not that different)

Any interest or thoughts? 

A Game of Thrones fire emblem idea has been popped around quite a bit, however, there are obviously a few issues, like the ever-changing alliances and the fact that only a handful of the characters would ever be in combat, assuming there would be combat as many episodes there aren't.

Then it's deciding what classes everybody would be, Jon a lord-like one, Tormund a berserker or warrior reskinned, and The Hound obviously a reskinned hero, as he has wielded both a sword, axe, and hammer throughout the show, Beric maybe a Swordmaster(?), Arya maybe an infantry sword-lance class as in the new season she gets a lance-like weapon, Brienne would be a sword locked infantry class of some kind, Jamie would be maybe like a Jagen type character starting strong but with poor growth rates after he gets's his debuffs due to the thing, Theon would be maybe a sword-bow class, Jorah is a sword only class, but we've also seen him wielding dragon-glass daggers, and finally Grey Worm would be some sort of soldier class.

Oh my god I am so relieved this wasn't just another incest joke...

When I think of GoT and FE, FE4 comes to mind more than 8. I have not watched the show or read the books but I know some things.

The dragon lady needs to be a wyvern unit for sure.

56 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Oh my god I am so relieved this wasn't just another incest joke...

When I think of GoT and FE, FE4 comes to mind more than 8. I have not watched the show or read the books but I know some things.

The dragon lady needs to be a wyvern unit for sure.

Er. . .do you have an answer to the question?

Since I have no interest in GoT, I can't really say whether or not the first post would work.

9 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

The question was "any interest or thoughts", I gave thoughts.

About how it would work as a hack?  I don't think a single unit idea is going to be overly helpful.  The poster before you had a pretty good point.

Okay...

I really don't know too much about GoT, but how about some playable dire wolves? Or they can be summons? The mauthe doog is there, just recolor them.

Edited by Dragoncat