FE Twitter shows new Anna design, some footage (& on-going character profiles)

Jedi

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting Anna version and gameplay footage. I suppose this is using in game resources so we don't have the janky animation of the prerendered cut scenes (what a bizarre thing to have to say). Doesn't look too bad, kind of gives me PoR cut scene flash backs.

F!Byleth looks pretty cool when you focus on her top half, lol.

Yeah, just saw this. It's... different. Not my favorite design of hers.

She also doesn't look like a warrior in the slightest, to me anyway.

Edited by Cysx

Ah yes, truly the best information to come out for Three Houses this week for me is seeing Anna's Three Houses appearance. Design wise it seems to be a new take from past incarnations of Anna what with the longer yet slightly thinner ponytail and her red hair not being as dark but I will probably get used to the design in time since most of the character designs for this game is different from what I have seen in past entries. All I need to hear now is that she is at least an optional unit you can recruit and I am sold on this game.

Edited by NSSKG151

Yay, a few seconds of F.Byleth footage! It's honestly not as bad as I feared from the initial trailer. The tights don't look as awful (not good, but not nightmare fuel anymore either), and the top half fits well. The breastplate makes no sense, but in action it actually doesn't look too jarring? Not my favorite protagonist design by any means, but I can honestly say I can live with it now.

Anna... If it weren't for her trademark pose, I honestly wouldn't have pegged her as an Anna at all. The biggest thing is the hair color being far more pink than red of course, but everything else is not really Anna-like either. I guess not all Anna look similar after all! Well, it's fine: it's an okay design (weirdly curving ponytail excluded), and I dig the Chrom-inspired one sleeved shirt.

The character designs have been mostly misses for me but damn Anna looks good. It's nice to have confirmation that she'll be in the game. Wonder what her role will be? Personally I'd prefer if she returned to being an assistant or shopkeeper this time around, hopefully with a less greedy personality as well.

So, least she doesn't have a sixth finger this time. :P

I'll say that it's fine with the aesthetic of the new designs as a whole, so it will be about as off-putting as the rest of that lot. So personally it could be worse then.

I love it! It’s my favorite of the modern Anna since the Awakening one.

It seems to be inspired by the pre-Awakening Anna designs and I really hope that means they’ll finally do away with the greedy personality and the multiple identical sisters nonsense. I liked it in Awakening but hated it when they continued to do it for Fates, Heroes, and Warriors.

YlauMMyL_400x400.png

so they even went as far as to change the hair color of an old "mascot" character from 20 years ago wich has always been red in every single previous title. the art direction of this game is really testing my patience...

at this point, i seriously hope we won't get any kind of Einherjar cards or Amiibos involved with the game. i don't want to see other classic characters potentially changed/ruined as well.

16 minutes ago, Fenreir said:

so they even went as far as to change the hair color of an old "mascot" character from 20 years ago wich has always been red in every single previous title. the art direction of this game is really testing my patience...

at this point, i seriously hope we won't get any kind of Einherjar cards or Amiibos involved with the game. i don't want to see other classic characters potentially changed/ruined as well.

A slightly lighter shade of hair color is "ruining" Anna? Bit hyperbolic, mate. I think her portrait looks great, and the pinker hair suits her. She's had various shades of hair color before.

Hope I'm being wooshed here, lol.

22 minutes ago, Fenreir said:

I mean, her hair is still red. A slightly pinky red, but different Anna's have different shades of red. The very first Anna had outright pink hair, Awakening Anna had a much deeper shade of red than Fates Anna, and Heroes Anna has almost orange hair. It varies.

Personally, I quite like this design.

1 hour ago, Disclaimer said:

A slightly lighter shade of hair color is "ruining" Anna? Bit hyperbolic, mate. I think her portrait looks great, and the pinker hair suits her. She's had various shades of hair color before.

Hope I'm being wooshed here, lol.

It's, oddly enough, close to her famicom era hair color.

Weird choice, but not an unwelcome one.

New Anna is interesting. She reminds me of the Annas from the SNES era. FE4 Anna had longer hair than most Annas and FE5 is the only other Anna that doesn't wear a red outfit. 

I also like the asymmetric design of her shirt. She has no right sleeve. 

I wish her hair had more red, but other than that I really like this iteration of Anna.

5 hours ago, escotanner said:

Hey look, Anna has an alt! Hahaha...*sniff*!

Can I see that dagger so that I can twist it into myself?

Seriously, I still don't understand why she never got an alt in FEH.

6 hours ago, Cysx said:

She also doesn't look like a warrior in the slightest, to me anyway.

I mean... she's usually a merchant, so I'm not sure what you were expecting.  Practically none of her designs up until Awakening made her look like a combatant.  Heck, even in Awakening itself, various Anna's didn't look combative.

Could also be she's into magic in this iteration, assuming she's playable/an NPC.

In any case, as funny and ironic as it was, I hope they don't do a "playable Anna" DLC like they did in Fates.  Even flanderized as she is in Awakening/Fates, I kind of have a soft spot for her and dislike how she was handled in Fates for a number of reasons.

In terms of her design... I think some are being melodramatic about it.  Then again, I'm also not as miffed about female Byleth's design (not completely on board with it, but don't overly hate it).  But really though, I don't think it's a bad design, I kind of like it.