FE Twitter shows new Anna design, some footage (& on-going character profiles)

Jedi

31 minutes ago, TheDreamReturns said:

I mean...look at it this way guys: If we do once again have to deal with child units, it basically has to be a time skip. Unless they have another contrived magic baby dimension to exploit, or somehow bring back time travel it’ll need to be a “many years later” situation.

Thats a plus right?

Problem is they have to off most characters from the initial roster which would be very dumb since after all this customization you can do to just throw it all away for their sake?! or to MANY peoples disdain age them especially the females that's a nogo chief. Easy simple best decision atp is to not have them at all they're not needed anymore.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Guest Tobi said:

Problem is they have to off most characters from the initial roster which would be very dumb since after all this customization you can do to just throw it all away for their sake?! or to MANY peoples disdain age them especially the females that's a nogo chief. Easy simple best decision atp is to not have them at all they're not needed anymore.

Yeah honestly just don't have it at all at least for a couple 'newer' games I don't want to get the idea that they're a mainstay now because if they for some reason are also here that's it...but I'm sure they got the backlash from them just keep marriage/pairing as is but don't burden it with them....

47 minutes ago, Guest Tobi said:

Good point, and yeah I’m sick of the babs too. 

What exactly is the problem with aging them though?

58 minutes ago, TheDreamReturns said:

Good point, and yeah I’m sick of the babs too. 

What exactly is the problem with aging them though?

Its just not only because of the "waifu" and to some extent "husbando" thing but you won't really get attached to em when you know them how they were(character portrait wise) and a sudden timeskip where they're unrecognizable maybe in a sequel it could work with slight age bumps like Cold Steel but not a drastic bump for the sake of having child units.

I don't see how Time Skips would be at all problematic. Showing them age and develop should be a positive. If handled correctly you would get all the exposure and interaction out of the initial roster in the pre-time skip period and the time skip would allow you to see how these characters you know and like have grown and matured and then gen new stories and insights into them based on the last two-ish decades. People love to see time skips at the end of shows and movies series where they get glimpses into the future lives of characters, this would be that same thing but expanded upon as we then get a major amount of time to actually interact with them further.

I personally still hope there is a time skip for that very fact. Just not a two-ish decade skip to enable kids, but a few years between the academy period ending and the major conflict in the story.

1 hour ago, Enduin said:

I don't see how Time Skips would be at all problematic. Showing them age and develop should be a positive. If handled correctly you would get all the exposure and interaction out of the initial roster in the pre-time skip period and the time skip would allow you to see how these characters you know and like have grown and matured and then gen new stories and insights into them based on the last two-ish decades. People love to see time skips at the end of shows and movies series where they get glimpses into the future lives of characters, this would be that same thing but expanded upon as we then get a major amount of time to actually interact with them further.

I personally still hope there is a time skip for that very fact. Just not a two-ish decade skip to enable kids, but a few years between the academy period ending and the major conflict in the story.

Not to a bunch of people as I mentioned already there's difference how timeskips are handle in games and movies. I heavily doubt we'll get a timeskip anyway unless it's something like Awakenings 2 years which doesn't change much if anything since I doubt they'll change EVERY single character art to pretty much completely different character lookwise which would double the work for the artist which is already unlikely to accommodate child units which I don't see appearing anyway.

6 hours ago, Onestep said:

And then you have the Fates kids, who have the universal theme of being abandoned by their parents in the hyperbolic time chamber.

I don’t know why but something tells me this is sarcasm. I apologize if it isn’t. Still though I find the fates kids to be less interesting overall but there are a couple good ones in there

7 hours ago, Guest Tobi said:

Not to a bunch of people as I mentioned already there's difference how timeskips are handle in games and movies. I heavily doubt we'll get a timeskip anyway unless it's something like Awakenings 2 years which doesn't change much if anything since I doubt they'll change EVERY single character art to pretty much completely different character lookwise which would double the work for the artist which is already unlikely to accommodate child units which I don't see appearing anyway.

And let's not also forget character models and sprite work plus there was clips on various scenes one with Byleth in a later part same as usual yeah not gonna happen anyway let's move on from this it's not really moving anywhere.

Edited by Regal Edelgard Axe Master

Bylese actually looked pretty badass there until the camera zoomed out. The breastplate still looks stupid, as does the midriff, but it really does seem that it is the leggings that push her outfit from "mideval fantasy" to "female fanservice character" for me personally. I've pretty much accepted at this point that most female avatars will have more skin showing as part of their outfits, or weird bits for no reason other than to look cute/sexy. It is when so much of the outfit is put together to look cute/sexy that it crosses the line. That so many of the female students seem to be dressed better makes her stand out even more. I really hope the class change outfits are better.

Anna looks like Anna. Her hair is pinker and she looks more innocent? Awakening and Fates Anna's look like they are ready to swindle you while she looks a bit more naive. Reminds me of Feh's Anna, but that might also be the eye shape. Bigger eyes always give a more innocent look.

Edelgard sounds and acts like I expected she would. Polite noble lady. I do like the body language she uses here. Gives her a bit more personality, and hopefully all the playable characters have their own unique ways of expressing themselves.

5 hours ago, Ottservia said:

I don’t know why but something tells me this is sarcasm. I apologize if it isn’t. Still though I find the fates kids to be less interesting overall but there are a couple good ones in there

Oh, don't worry. It's absolutely sarcasm. The idea that the entire cast of Fates were A-OK with letting their children grow in a magical time-warp realm with little-to-no supervision is absurd. And yet, here we are.

Another video.

Translation:
Now then. My name is Dimitri Alexandre Bladud. I'm the prince of the Holy Kingdom of Faerghus, but... Here, I'm just another student. I'm still inexperienced, but I look forward to your guidance, teacher.

Guest Lae
15 minutes ago, zuibangde said:

I’m really digging the Japanese voice acting. I hope they’ll have dual audio like Warriors. 

I REALLY hope so I'd be pretty mad if it doesn't!

5 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Another video.

Translation:
Now then. My name is Dimitri Alexandre Bladud. I'm the prince of the Holy Kingdom of Faerghus, but... Here, I'm just another student. I'm still inexperienced, but I look forward to your guidance, teacher.

Byleth: Keep it to 20 words or less.

Seriously, I didn't know that was Genos; he even says sensei, so that's hilarious.

22 minutes ago, Thane said:

Seriously, I didn't know that was Genos; he even says sensei, so that's hilarious.

I look forward to the scene where Dimitri gets a bunch of fan mail but F!Byleth gets a single letter of an anonymous student telling her wear proper clothes.

4 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

I look forward to the scene where Dimitri gets a bunch of fan mail but F!Byleth gets a single letter of an anonymous student telling her wear proper clothes.

I believe in the opposite. Where Dimitri get mail dissing his hair. Meanwhile F!Byleth get letters from students asking her for private lessons.

Guest Bogoy
41 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

Unlikely since that's a minority thing.

@Jingle Jangleidea is way funnier!

12 minutes ago, Guest Bogoy said:

Unlikely since that's a minority thing.

@Jingle Jangleidea is way funnier!

Agreed the last part reminds me of Kaze but we're in his shoes now which I can totally see being said in one scenario lol.

Edited by Regal Edelgard Axe Master

7 hours ago, Thane said:

Byleth will be the most broken Lord to date, one-shotting everything they can reach...

6 minutes ago, Thane said:

Not the first adjective that comes to mind when looking at his art, I must say.

Honestly, it'd be a pleasant surprise if it is the case. I think most people took one look at him and assumed he'd have a stick right up his bum. He's already probably the least popular of the three lords by a decent margin.

Edited by Onestep

10 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Byleth will be the most broken Lord to date, one-shotting everything they can reach...

Sounds like Robin!

9 minutes ago, Onestep said:

Honestly, it'd be a pleasant surprise if it is the case. I think most people took one look at him and assumed he'd have a stick right up his bum. He's already probably the least popular of the three lords by a decent margin.

Surprises are good, but it kind of goes against what we've heard so far, too, with him being polite and chivalrous. Of course, I suppose he can be cheerful as well but still.

18 minutes ago, Thane said:

Sounds like Robin!

Surprises are good, but it kind of goes against what we've heard so far, too, with him being polite and chivalrous. Of course, I suppose he can be cheerful as well but still.

I fail to see how "polite and chivalrous" and "cheerful" are mutually exclusive, good manners do not mean you need to be constantly serious.

on another note it is nice to know that dimitry won't just be someone's fire emblem OC made immediately after playing sacred stones for the first time.

51 minutes ago, Thane said:

Not the first adjective that comes to mind when looking at his art, I must say.

Never judge a book by it's cover, although I myself also didn't think he would be the cheerful type lol V_V