FE Twitter shows new Anna design, some footage (& on-going character profiles)

Jedi

5 hours ago, Thane said:

I know we're talking about something else but I'm surprised to see Edelgard with an E in magic but D in armor. 

Heavy armor mage Edelgard and her legion of dragon riding boxers. 

If it’s completely customizable...

can we make dragonriders who punch?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Guest Lae said:

That would honestly suck if that's the order gotta wait a bit for my waifus....

Why do people seriously obsess over such stupid things? Is it too much to show appreciation for all characters regardless of gender....

29 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Why do people seriously obsess over such stupid things? Is it too much to show appreciation for all characters regardless of gender....

X

Guest Bogoy
2 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

How about you stop being an elitist oversensitive pansy people have obvious preference of course many people want this what a waste of a reply I knew you were super negative but damn get off your high high horse telling people what they should appreciate...

Hubert looks cool. Fire Emblem gets jabbed a lot for coding a lot of its good/bad guys by attractiveness and demeanor, so it's nice to have a more villainous looking character be on your side. It's also nice to see a non-avatar playable character get a strategist title again, having more group dynamics to bounce off of goes a long way towards making a good cast. I really liked those pre-chapter strategy scenes from Part 3 of RD, hope we get something similar here.

Guest Lae
9 hours ago, Regal Edelgard Axe Master said:

I mean I can see Dorothea coming from wealthy family of merchants(from her jewelry) despite being a commoner. But I guess they can do something like that Petra is possible to be next(more a personal want nothing really do to with her being part of his intro since she has a separate one) but we'll see through this week.

Hubert gives me suspicious traitorous vibes though I hope in a support or something that gets mentioned because seriously lol.

Either her or Petra I can't wait for the most honestly for Black Eagles even Bernadetta!?

It'd be interesting if they go that route for him would add something interesting.

2 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

It's the internet, people are bound to openly obsess over stuff like that.

But I'm kind of hoping that the  characters won't be bound to an weird/unusable combination of proficiencies.

37 minutes ago, Guest Lae said:

Either her or Petra I can't wait for the most honestly for Black Eagles even Bernadetta!?

It'd be interesting if they go that route for him would add something interesting.

Facts!!!

Probably unlikely since you might lose a personal built character if it goes that way he's probably just one of those "looks intimidating but is a good guy" kind of characters we're familiar with.

Edited by Regal Edelgard Axe Master

4 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

I always prefer female characters. I have a hard time liking most of the male cast in any game, i will always make sure to level up the females first or in FE case i always bench the males for the females (Thats why Takumi is benched in any Fates playthrough over Setsuna despite Takumi being a much better unit). Thats why the house with the best girls will be my chosen house.

Like it or not most people prefer female characters, at least if popularity rankings shows. Reminds me of the visual novel community were females, no matter their role, usually get voice acted while important and prominent males dont get one. Interestingly male characters can be ugly or at least not conventionally good looking while females are usually beautiful or good looking, thats because the females are usually designed to appeal to people (Not only males, contrary to popular belief females also like other good looking females and thats the basis why Female Byleth was designed as she did) so of course there will be people like me prefering to know the females the most.

Edited by kratoscar2008

4 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

Welcome to the Internet. Might as well get used to it, if you haven’t yet for some reason.

Guest Lae

Real question now is will weekly famitsu happen this week now that Golden Week is now over? I'd assume so for the likely Black Eagles focus as well as feature Rhea it could be strange if its next week with all that I mention and with a likely Blue Lions focus included and having Golden Deer separate from the 2 in the next following issue after maybe tommorow will be a preview but I'm not certain yet.

^well it's very possible we could get a preview tommorow I think the publishing are done in advance? I don't know if they've done that before. It would be strange if they push back the Black Eagles bios into next week since we're likely getting all of them this week with anything involving Blue Lions next week especially if it includes new details on other features as well though. So unless they're not doing previews this week we'll find out by Thursday.

2 hours ago, Dmys said:

Hubert looks cool. Fire Emblem gets jabbed a lot for coding a lot of its good/bad guys by attractiveness and demeanor, so it's nice to have a more villainous looking character be on your side.

Agreed, I appreciate the variety. I hope they don't focus too much on his atypical appearance, however. The "hey you look scary but you're actually nice" trope has been done with Brady and Benny already (and Ignatius? Never used the guy).

1 hour ago, NekoKnight said:

Agreed, I appreciate the variety. I hope they don't focus too much on his atypical appearance, however. The "hey you look scary but you're actually nice" trope has been done with Brady and Benny already (and Ignatius? Never used the guy).

Ignatius is the opposite of Benny when it comes to their willingness to fight.

11 hours ago, kratoscar2008 said:

Like it or not most people prefer female characters

Most straight men, maybe. Though to be honest I wouldn't even say that is true. 

11 hours ago, kratoscar2008 said:

Interestingly male characters can be ugly or at least not conventionally good looking while females are usually beautiful or good looking, thats because the females are usually designed to appeal to people (Not only males, contrary to popular belief females also like other good looking females and thats the basis why Female Byleth was designed as she did)

It is primarily about appealing to the male audience, or due to the desires of a male writer/artist. Most of the media that actually does have a variety of female body types, less conventionally attractive female characters etc. are either made by women or aimed at women.

From what I've seen the majority of the criticism over female Byleths design has come from from female players.

Edited by EJ107

So I'm guessing at this time they're doing this every other day again kinda sucks they were doing so good with it but it's probably to space it out so they have enough stuff before they ran out by release so unless they have a big famitsu article for next week this'll be a bit messy only a little.

3 hours ago, EJ107 said:

It is primarily about appealing to the male audience, or due to the desires of a male writer/artist. Most of the media that actually does have a variety of female body types, less conventionally attractive female characters etc. are either made by women or aimed at women.

From what I've seen the majority of the criticism over female Byleths design has come from from female players.

It's interesting that Kurahana Chinatsu's past projects mainly cater towards the female audience yet many of the characters designs revealed so far aren't as appealing to the female audience as I expected. I've had some female friends that looked at the designs of the characters and really didn't like some of the characters' designs. 

Honestly, I just want to play as a hairstylist that travels around Fodlan to cut people's hair because I have strong feelings against some of the hairstyles so far.

Edited by zuibangde

10 minutes ago, zuibangde said:

It's interesting that Kurahana Chinatsu's past projects mainly cater towards the female audience yet many of the characters designs revealed so far aren't as appealing to the female audience as I expected. I've had some female friends that looked at the designs of the characters and really didn't like some of the characters' designs. 

Honestly, I just want to play as a hairstylist that travels around Fodlan to cut people's hair because I have strong feelings against some of the hairstyles so far.

Isn't there some art director role that has a say on how things should be designed? Wasn't that what hindered Kozaki in Fates? Perhaps they're the one to "blame" here?

Also, maybe they should just open a Shampoodle in Fodlan and let everyone wear Mii Mask caricatures of their faces.

59 minutes ago, EJ107 said:

Every other day does seem a bit slow given they've still got around 23 students to go, let alone the other teachers and important characters.

Well if they do the rest of the other students, the other teachers and Anna that way and not jam them in the last minute in the coming  weeks it'll be July then. We probably will get the full official site by or in June so they could just drop them all there if they want who knows.

4 hours ago, EJ107 said:

Females do the most actually. Thats why artists and cosplayers usually choose the attractive characters to draw and cosplay respectively. 

And no most criticism has come from the internet which does not has any correlation with the real world (Female Byleth is basically like Camilla where the internet hates her but in actuality she is pretty popular), Byleth already has lots of fanart that arent about changing her design and in Japan even among females female characters being conventionally good looking is desirable as they dont really put their political beliefs into it like the west do. Females wants the characters to be appealing, not to send a political message.

Its time to put down this myth that females only like politically correct female designs, there is a reason why most mangaband doujin artists are female and their designs are always good looking barring some exceptions.

1556222753508.jpg

Edited by kratoscar2008

48 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Isn't there some art director role that has a say on how things should be designed? Wasn't that what hindered Kozaki in Fates? Perhaps they're the one to "blame" here?

That could be a possibility. Do we know if the art director in Three Houses is the same one as in Fates? I imagine no because i'd assume the one in Echoes was also a different art director.

36 minutes ago, Regal Edelgard Axe Master said:

Well if they do the rest of the other students, the other teachers and Anna that way and not jam them in the last minute in the coming  weeks it'll be July then. We probably will get the full official site by or in June so they could just drop them all there if they want who knows.

It's worth noting that certain events (E3) will reveal a bunch of new stuff, leading to multiple character reveals on that day. I remember the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Twitter doing something similar before the game's release, where every day of the week, they'll show something of and we got at least one new Rare Blade per week. Then when the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Direct dropped, the Xenoblade 2 Twitter gave us like four Rare Blade reveals on the same day.

So basically, the FE Twitter isn't limited to "one character a day/every other day". 

6 minutes ago, kratoscar2008 said:

Byleth already has lots of fanart that arent about changing her design

Even if there were, i doubt that have an actual effect on F!Byleth's popularity. Most people who do these "i fixed her design" edits don't actually care about the character or game they are from. They just wanna get woke points.

Edited by Armagon

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Even if there were, i doubt that have an actual effect on F!Byleth's popularity. Most people who do these "i fixed her design" edits don't actually care about the character or game they are from. They just wanna get woke points.

Yeah you are right. Its tiring to read people dissing her design saying thats what not what female players want when she is designed for the japanese people (Including women) who dont really care about the political side and if the data that says that there is a considerable female fanabse then those females also helps characters like Camilla become popular (That data only included the japanese i believe).

Its sometimes surprising to find western fanart of Byleth without a political agenda but when it does its nice.

lk13sadvphv21.png

Edited by kratoscar2008

30 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's worth noting that certain events (E3) will reveal a bunch of new stuff, leading to multiple character reveals on that day. I remember the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Twitter doing something similar before the game's release, where every day of the week, they'll show something of and we got at least one new Rare Blade per week. Then when the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Direct dropped, the Xenoblade 2 Twitter gave us like four Rare Blade reveals on the same day.

So basically, the FE Twitter isn't limited to "one character a day/every other day". 

Yeah you're absolutely right in all this 

The character design is made from Japanese creators and is aim/primarily to the Japanese audience and they could care less for those 'type' of people who aren't even fans or aren't even gamers at all.

Also they'll have their full site up with all the big details and stuff by then so yeah we'll probably get multiple reveals by E3 time if we're missing any characters this month.