FE Twitter shows new Anna design, some footage (& on-going character profiles)

Jedi

13 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Also, I expect Hilda as Claude’s retainer.

Reversed Erk and Serra relationship coming up? 

8 minutes ago, Cysx said:

I can't help but think back to the volcano we saw in trailer one.

Could be, although like Negative said, it might just be a plain dry region. I do appreciate them naming different parts of the country and bringing up things like flowers from the region; I hope it is indicative of an attempt at worldbuilding. Small details can make all the difference. 

8 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Lysithea would work for me, though, we haven't gotten a proper portrait for her yet.

She looked like she had a very nice design. Kind of makes me wonder why they showed off Lorenz so prominently before her... 

Edited by Thane

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Claude doesn’t strike me as serious as Erk.

I meant Claude being the frivolous guy and Hilda the one trying to rein him in. 

I honestly hope it's not Hilda she doesn't look the type to be his retainer plus we had twintail ones before especially recently so it would be too obvious. I feel it'll be someone less prominently shown like Marianne or Lysithea I'm leaning Marianne as a surprise if there finally gonna show a new female character although Ignace seems too obvious though or Lorentz we'll see.

Edited by Regal Edelgard Axe Master

3 hours ago, Chitsuuki said:

For Claude I expect one of the three girls as a retainer minus Leonie

Same here, since the Black Eagles and Blue Lions already have a male advisor.

2 hours ago, Regal Edelgard Axe Master said:

I honestly hope it's not Hilda she doesn't look the type to be his retainer plus we had twintail ones before especially recently so it would be too obvious. I feel it'll be someone less prominently shown like Marianne or Lysithea I'm leaning Marianne as a surprise if there finally gonna show a new female character although Ignace seems too obvious though or Lorentz we'll see.

I'm personally hoping for Lysithea, she has a very interesting look.

Edited by SushiCat

7 minutes ago, SushiCat said:

I'm personally hoping for Lysithea, she has a very interesting look.

Yeah same for the little we saw of her she has a really great design, now let's hope she's also interesting

Don't know if anyone else posted this, but a Blue Lions character bio has been released.

This character seems to have an odd name. Is it "Dowi-dowi"?

6 minutes ago, Leif said:

Don't know if anyone else posted this, but a Blue Lions character bio has been released.

This character seems to have an odd name. Is it "Dowi-dowi"?

Yeah it's on the other page but you can see it better here.

Edited by Regal Edelgard Axe Master

His name is almost certainly getting changed when it's localised, but I can't think of any way to make the name suitable without a major name change, so our streak of no name changes so far may be over.

His role as a guardian of Dimitri makes me lean more towards Paladin/Great Knight than armour knight for him now since I'm picking Blue Lions first, I predict he'll be a beefy tank with a lot of HP and Def, whatever class he is changed into.

Something I haven’t heard anyone mention since we started getting all of these clips... It seems the game is fully voice acted. Aside from Byleth.

Im super excited for this! The voice acting was what really brought SoV alive for me and I’m hoping I will feel the same about it in Three Houses. The Japanese voices are sounding great so far and I can’t wait to see more snippets of the English VA!

Edited by Jakalak

When I tried getting a translation of his name I got Dodoh. That’s a very odd name, but still no more weird than Linhardt and B E R N A D E T T A.

Spoiler

and Caspar the friendly ghost

The new dude looks neat and I like his design. It's visually appealing and the earring looks nice. It's great to see variation for the males but it would be nice to see that with the girls as well. People have mentioned that the next bio reveal will properly feature Claude's advisor but I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't even have one, more like a friend or something like that.

2 hours ago, ChickenBits said:

The new dude looks neat and I like his design. It's visually appealing and the earring looks nice. It's great to see variation for the males but it would be nice to see that with the girls as well. People have mentioned that the next bio reveal will properly feature Claude's advisor but I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't even have one, more like a friend or something like that.

I wonder who it could be? They revealed all of the names of the students of Golden Deer, so it'll definitely be one of them.

5 hours ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

His name is almost certainly getting changed when it's localised, but I can't think of any way to make the name suitable without a major name change, so our streak of no name changes so far may be over.

Maybe he will be called Dude? It sounds similar, but I would not be surprised if they come with a completely new name, Dudu, or Dodoh is just stupid 

I surprisingly like his design, he looks badass

I heard someone say Doudo or whatever it is is a common nickname for Brazillian people called Eduardo so he could possibly be translated as that (unless who ever is localising intends on keeping the names as similar to the Japanese as possible)

4 hours ago, TheDreamReturns said:

When I tried getting a translation of his name I got Dodoh

13 minutes ago, Mylady said:

I would not be surprised if they come with a completely new name, Dudu, or Dodoh is just stupid 

I do hope they change it. All I can think of is "Doo doo" when I see either spelling. It'll be a meme for sure.

31 minutes ago, ΔZZ said:

I heard someone say Doudo or whatever it is is a common nickname for Brazillian people called Eduardo so he could possibly be translated as that (unless who ever is localising intends on keeping the names as similar to the Japanese as possible)

It's Dudu, not Doudo. Duda also happens, more to Eduarda than Eduardo but it happens. I hope they will just have him as Dudu and say it's the nickname for Eduardo, that's my name after all, would be cool to see it in the game. And since i generally go with my middle name Lucena in games it wouldn't even clash.

44 minutes ago, ΔZZ said:

Edward could work then? Doesn't seem too out of the realm of possibility

Screenshot_20190508-115333_Firefox.jpg?width=616&height=708

Found a translation for Dudou/Dodoh/whatever his name is's description.

The video bit is: "It seems you've saved his Highness. ...I have no words to express my gratitude. ...I will return this favour. If anything comes up, I will help you."

Edited by Corrobin

52 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Edward could work then? Doesn't seem too out of the realm of possibility

There's already a Edward in Radiant Dawn. He is a playable unit.

I  find Dudu somewhat stupid for a warrior, it remembers me children. It's used as an affectionate nickname for Eduardo in Brazil but never as a first name, still a possibility especially if they want to go with "menacing strong looking warrior who is sweet" trope, who knows...

Edited by Mylady

In French a doudou (DuDu if ponunced in the English way) is the plush/toy young children sleep with and also a very cheesy lover surname, so i'm pretty sure it won't be that when it'll be localized XD