FE Twitter shows new Anna design, some footage (& on-going character profiles)

Jedi

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, SushiCat said:

The theme of the first trailer is on the main page. I wonder why they went for that one instead of the one with lyrics?

Some new shots are seen at the bottom of the introduction page: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/anvya/pc/introduction/index.html

Wow finally the full official site!!!(at least in Japan) seriously step it up NoA like seriously -___-......

Edited by Regal Edelgard Axe Master

3 minutes ago, Regal Edelgard Axe Master said:

Wow finally the full official site!!!(at least in Japan) seriously step it up NoA like seriously -___-......

I wonder if Fire Emblem is a touchy subject for them there or if they just need a better SNS guy

4 hours ago, zuibangde said:

Interesting that Jeralt and his mercenary group got their own section. Maybe tomorrow they’ll will reveal someone from Jeralt’s party and Sunday will reveal someone from the Church. 

The sections are "Church of Seiros/Academy" and "Knights of Seiros", so it's not about Geralt specifically or his company.

Interesting that Lorentz's bio doesn't mention being Claude's right-hand man or anything. He just seems like another student. I wonder if that means A) Claude doesn't have a retainer, B) his retainer is female but they wanted to do another male bio to keep the houses balanced, or C) Lorentz is his retainer, and that just wasn't worth mentioning explicitly.

5 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

The eldest son of the house of Duke Glostar. His snobby demeanor belies his serious nature, as he fully understands his responsibility as nobility.
It seems he has been approaching girls at a monastery, to little success.  

With this hair, I doubt any girl would want him. 

5 hours ago, Cysx said:

Okay, he's meant to be insufferable, then; that explains the design. I can dig that.

Also explains why he's the one they killed off to showcase the new turnwheel mechanic.

It's like a combination of the worst traits from Sain and Maribelle.

You know, I might not use the turnwheel if he dies.

2 hours ago, Dottano said:

Ashe decided to become the New blue lions leader and he's trying to kill Dimitri _20190510_131804.JPG.25b5b506d5b2a29b54d6aaf68841ec23.JPG

No wonder Annette looks so concerned.

3 hours ago, ZaHiro86 said:

I wonder if Fire Emblem is a touchy subject for them there or if they just need a better SNS guy

Why would it be a touchy subject?  FE's earned Nintendo and IS a decent enough profit for them to keep pushing the series, and so far it seems there isn't really any really controversial elements in the game like there were for Fates (not yet revealed, anyway), so I don't see what reason they'd have for being skittish about it.

This is just Nintendo being weird/dysfunctional with their advertising, as far as I can see.  Which is frustrating because marketing is a huge factor for the success or failure of virtually any product, as FE itself had proven with the success of Awakening.  The company needs to realize that brand recognition alone cannot be expected to carry a video game, it needs to be shilled like crazy.

2 minutes ago, Mylady said:

With this hair, I doubt any girl would want him. 

It looks like his mom cut his hair.

Which is fitting, as he seems like the kind of guy only a mother could love, lmao.

5 hours ago, SageOfAnys said:

Gee, I wonder why. It's not like you come off as incredibly unattractive and snobby or something like that....

Also, I believe his surname of Glostar is likely to be localized as Gloucester, one of the names on the Fodlan map. It's interesting, because Lorentz is the first non-lord student to have a last name that is clearly visible on the map. Guess he's (or at least his family is) a real big shot in both Leicester and Fodlan. Maybe he's part of one of the four potential families in Leicester that owns a crest? Interesting either way.

Sylvain's last name is Gautier and that was revealed in the feb direct. It's clearly visible at the northeast of Faerghus

So Lorentz is basically Virion 2.0? I'll probably be picking the Golden Deer, so I just hope he's not too obnoxious. Or he gets character development.

Edited by Calico

Lorentz is a SNOB!?

Already in love with this guy. His hair is growing for me too.

(Characters like Sanaki and Clarine, and in other series like Byakuya Togami are so amusing to me, i'm sure this guy will be no different.)

Edited by Michelaar

I don't mind Lorentz being a Virion 2.0 tbh, I've always liked Virion, but his hair still bothers me with how ugly it is tbh

9 minutes ago, ΔZZ said:

I don't mind Lorentz being a Virion 2.0 tbh, I've always liked Virion, but his hair still bothers me with how ugly it is tbh

Agreed. Virion was funny. But Lorentz's hair style... Good grief. I like Dimitri's messy hair, but that is a whole new definition of ugh.

49 minutes ago, ΔZZ said:

All I can think of when I see Lorentz is his huge forehead being covered by a wig made out of wax. 

I honestly love Lorentz so much. Like. Not even as a joke. He's my favorite character design wise right now.

Honestly, I can't express how much I love this guy.

The section for Emmrynbot 3.0 mentions a strict side, so maybe she COULD become an antagonist eventually and I was wrong. Who knows?

My stance of Virion Ver. 2 hasn't changed, his design is yuck, maybe he'll be entertaining though so long as his entire being can't be summed up with his character description.

Screen Shot 2019-05-10 at 3.15.59 PM.png

Edited by TheDreamReturns

I'd been leaning toward Golden Deer recently but dang Lorenz is such a bad design. If these retainers have a sizeable role in the story it might be enough to push me to go with Black Eagles for my first run.

So Lorentz is snobby but actually serious, and Claude is a joker but actually very smart huuuuuh

I'm hoping they will keep this up so the Golden Deer is a house that is all fun games but gets deadly badass serious when the plot gets serious èvé

16 minutes ago, FuranSuwa said:

So Lorentz is snobby but actually serious, and Claude is a joker but actually very smart huuuuuh

I'm hoping they will keep this up so the Golden Deer is a house that is all fun games but gets deadly badass serious when the plot gets serious èvé

That's (partly) why I am choosing Golden Deer.