FE Twitter shows new Anna design, some footage (& on-going character profiles)

Jedi

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, Rose482 said:

Also now that I'm thinking about it....she totally looks like someone who would be a opera singer lol.

Exactly my thought when i read her background, and she has an italian name to booth. I really hope the VA don't screw up. She may get some glorious crit quotes.

4 hours ago, Nanima said:

Where are you getting the double Ls from? Transliterating her name gives us just Manuera, which lines up perfectly with the Spanish/Portuguese name Manuela. Until we get the official English name, we should still assume the default spelling of the name.

Anyway, i like her so far. Hope her character gets more complex than the christmas cake archetype though.

Keep in mind there's no way to distinguish both the Iberic and Italian spellings from just transliterating the Katakana, and even as a Native Spanish-speaker I don't understand why go out of the way to berate someone for deciding to write the name of someone explicitly stated to be a Former Opera Singer with the Italian Spelling's double Ls...

That said, I was surprised for her having a lighter voice than I initially expected her to have, but again with Divas and most Prima Donnas being Soprano it makes sense.

8 hours ago, Cysx said:

Manuela. Her design is... well, I'm sure you can tell.

Well, as fanservicey as she may be, her design is actually pretty decent, and mixes well with her background. I've come to be hesitant with these type of characters--especially with the coming if Camilla--but Manuela seems like an acceptable balance between appearance and personality, which is a bit refreshing after having a quite large amount of one-dimensional characters that look the part but barely act it.

If I could name only one thing that Three Houses is doing good so far, that would be world-building. The little tidbits of information that hint at connections between Adrestea (hopefully I spelt that right) , Faerghus, and Leicester are pretty intriguing for someone who's primarily interested in the story that flows with the gameplay.

But with that aside, I read somewhere that Nintendo is releasing its E3 direct today, so hopefully we get a demonstration of gameplay this time to balance out the lore we've gotten over these past few weeks.

5 minutes ago, The Real MC said:

But with that aside, I read somewhere that Nintendo is releasing its E3 direct today, so hopefully we get a demonstration of gameplay this time to balance out the lore we've gotten over these past few weeks.

I think you're a month early for that. Unless I'm understanding wrong ^^

5 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

I think you're a month early for that. Unless I'm understanding wrong ^^

I just realized that I mistakened June for May. :') Thank you for helping me notice that.

It would be pretty interesting if she was the dancer character imo since we've never had a mage dancer.

I also think she'll be an example of a playable character with a set class (same with moustache teacher), which is nice since having more than the students would be too much customisation imo.

32 minutes ago, Shaqazooloo said:

I like her design. the idea of her being a dancer that can use magic is interesting, maybe she'd actually be able to defend herself and be useful outside of just dancing unlike Azura and Olivia...

I've made Olivia pretty useful in a few Awakening runs, Mainly with the help of Swordmaster skills, though

Oh, I really like Manuela's design. I hope we can recruit her relatively early on. Tomorrow we'll maybe get the profile for the green-haired guy we saw next to Rea or the mustached teacher.

Though I was expecting Manuela to be the teacher of one of the classes that you don't pick, not the school nurse. Speaking of, I wonder if they'll have pre-set characters that teach the classes that you don't pick. Like, will each house each have a unique teacher character that only appears in the routes where you don't choose their house? 

^Absolute same here!!?? anyway yeah I'm guessing the green hair guy next to Rea in the recent trailer is tomorrow probably if they're staying with the pattern they have so far would be cool since we already got a small glimpse of his portrait. Mustache teacher is also possible as well unless he's next week's Saturday bio.

Edited by Regal Edelgard Axe Master

2 hours ago, The Real MC said:

If I could name only one thing that Three Houses is doing good so far, that would be world-building. The little tidbits of information that hint at connections between Adrestea (hopefully I spelt that right) , Faerghus, and Leicester are pretty intriguing for someone who's primarily interested in the story that flows with the gameplay.

Likewise. I feel like just by name dropping things like the name of a city here or a company there, the world is starting to come to life. To roll out that well-worn Fates punching bag again, I feel like their character introductions were just "This is X, a retainer of Y. They are very loyal to Y and have Z character trope". Whereas with Manuela, you get a sense of her history and connections she has to the world.

I am a tad concerned about the "hasn't found the man of her dreams" bit. I hope her love woes are just a part of her personality and it's not like she's constantly on the look out for some young tail. Why are these "Christmas cake" characters always bombshells? I can understand having some bad luck with one's love life but I find it hard to believe that a beautiful and accomplished woman would have trouble finding a partner. Japanese media likes to play this archetype up to absurd degrees like "Ara ara, you'd accept even an old maid such as me (age 29)?"  Her haircut does suit and old lady though  

So is it, like, common to have tops with strings that you tie to another accessory on another part of your body? Where did she find a dress which needs a necklace to keep her breasts from being exposed? Is it a set? 

5 minutes ago, Thane said:

So is it, like, common to have tops with strings that you tie to another accessory on another part of your body? Where did she find a dress which needs a necklace to keep her breasts from being exposed? Is it a set? 

In style and fashion yes it's quite common.

Edited by Regal Edelgard Axe Master

29 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

I can understand having some bad luck with one's love life but I find it hard to believe that a beautiful and accomplished woman would have trouble finding a partner.

Hmmmm, I took it as more just her having high standers, and just never finding someone good enough for her, but I could be wrong I guess.

Edited by Rose482

3 minutes ago, Regal Edelgard Axe Master said:

In style and fashion yes it's quite common.

Huh. I'd feel kind of, I don't know, exposed? Well, to each their own. 

So I'm guessing orange makeup is also common?

Just now, Rose482 said:

Hmmmm, I took it as more just her having high standers, and never finding someone good enough for her, but I could be wrong I guess.

That would be preferable. I'm a bit suspicious of how games/anime usually cover this character trait but I'm hoping they don't do something silly like "Dudes are just too freaked out by how self-confident she is". Like, not all men have the same interests in women and surely there must be SOMEONE at the school or in the world who appreciates her.

8 minutes ago, Rose482 said:

Hmmmm, I took it as more just her having high standers, and never finding someone good enough for her, but I could be wrong I guess.

It's mentioned in her bio that she can be crude at times. She probably scared off men because they weren't expecting her to be like that. 

Anyways, this has been the one character I've been dying to learn more about. Her design is really nice and I'm a sucker for anything orange. It's neat that she's so accomplished but I'n wondering why she became a teacher/doctor. That's quite the career jump from singer.

Edited by ChickenBits

Manuela looks alright to me. I think all of the non-student designs are gonna stick out a bit just by virtue of having different outfits. I'll also echo that it's nice to get more tidbits about the world from these reveals. Since the characters should be traveling around a bunch even while the game's centered at the academy, I'm hoping we get more dialogue from them about the world and regions they're from since they seem to be tied more to them now compared to just "born in X country".

If the first week set some sort of pattern, I'm expecting tomorrow's reveal to be someone affiliated with the Knights, or the green-haired dude with Rea. Might be the mustached professor too, but I don't know what affiliation they'd count Manuela as being, the whole school is divided into the Church and the Knights on the website. Incidentally, we actually got a closer reveal of the character Jeralt is talking to from the February trailer on the website. Since the other three characters with them are all the same helmeted knight, this guy is likely unique, however minor he might end up being. Maybe he rejoins the knights with Jeralt?

JYEEqAO.png

10 hours ago, Thane said:

So she's an Adrestian, then? The Mittlefrank Opera Company seems to be based in the "imperial capital", although I guess it's entirely possible she was just working there and can be from somewhere else.

I'm loving that we're getting information about stuff like flowers and music from the various regions so far. 

She sure seems like an accomplished person, having gone from an opera singer to a doctor and teacher. Not too fond of the orange makeup nor that they bring up that she hasn't found a husband yet, but hopefully that won't overstay its welcome.

Multiple jobs?  Hasn't found a husband yet?

Aside from the gun and sword, it's the same chick as my avatar. :P:

---

I sure as hell hope the military academy is set in a super-cold place, because all those extra layers of coats look really uncomfortable otherwise.  At least Manuela's design makes sense, given her previous occupation.

EDIT: Whether or not her outfit makes sense from a practical fashion perspective is another issue.  It might, if it's super-tight around the ribs.  Otherwise, the weight of the outfit would be on her neck, and that ain't comfortable.  Also, I can't imagine anyone at my school who'd be allowed to wear that on a daily basis.  They'd have enough issues with spaghetti straps!  But I doubt that modern school standards apply to this universe!

Edited by eclipse

I'm confused. Her design is just simple cleavage and not much more. People think of this as being really fanservicey now? This is like baby level and if you went outside at night in a city and dropped a rock chances are you'd hit a woman in a dress like that. I guess if you wanna say it's too revealing for a teacher you could, but I have not much opinion on that aspect.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Aside from the gun and sword, it's the same chick as my avatar. :P:

Pff, and people who complain about character development in Cold Steel; Sara can go from pining for middle-aged men to a cougar! 

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I'm confused. Her design is just simple cleavage and not much more. People think of this as being really fanservicey now? This is like baby level and if you went outside at night in a city and dropped a rock chances are you'd hit a woman in a dress like that.

I agree, and we already knew from the trailers that she was dressed in a bit more revealing outfit than the rest of the cast, but it's definitely tame. I guess people are just scarred after that Camilla cutscene.

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

People think of this as being really fanservicey now?

Showing any amount of skin = fanservice nowadays for some people. It's dumb and i hate that that mentality exists. 

Anyway, I'd say that out of all the characters that have been revealed so far, Manuela probably has the best design out of sheer fact that it stands out. Byleth and the three house leaders stand out too but that's about it.