FE Twitter shows new Anna design, some footage (& on-going character profiles)

Jedi

20 hours ago, Armagon said:

Same. I don't mind if she's lazy but it's the "spoiled noble lady" part that puts me on the cautious side. Though i suppose it could be worse. She could've been an arrogant noble. That's the worst kind of noble trope.

I think that's Caspar gonna be.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Jayvee94 said:

I think that's Caspar gonna be.

I thought so too but someone pointed out that there's one line where he mentions that people tell him he eats too fast. So it looks like he's the kind of noble that doesn't know how to act one like one.

If there is a spoiled snob in black eagles, its probably going to be Linhardt.

Edel is talking about crests and he looks bored AF, but Caspar actually looks hyped about it.

Edited by User name

Bunch of new stuff today.

Bio:

Hanneman (CV: Hamada Kenji)

A Crest Researcher studying the "Crests" the goddess gave humanity, and a teacher at the Officer's Academy. Normally a calm individual, he gets quite absorbed when it comes to Crests. Especially so when it comes to the protagonist's mysterious Crest; he becomes unable to hide his excitement from academic curiosity. It seems he doesn't quite get along with Manuela, his colleague.

Second picture:

"...Yes, I'm quite excited. Now, you can leave if you wish."

"You've already heard about it, I presume. It seems they're doing mock battles between classes. That side, I'm not making much progress in my research regarding your Crest... Your flesh... No, your blood is fine. Leave a few drops there."

Tweet:

Some people in Fodlan have a special power called a "Crest" inside them. This power was granted to humans by the goddess, and the heroes or saints have passed them down to the nobles that are their descendants, becoming symbols of political influence. However, not all of these noble descendants are born with Crests, and there are many without them.

Video:

"Now, let's start with what Crests are. ...Crests, are power. In the distant past, it's said that the goddess granted them to humans, embedding them in their bodies, and passed down through blood. Those with Crests might have strong magical powers, or durable bodies, and such... The various Crests correspond to various powers, powers that surpass humanity.

Response: "And I have a Crest too?"

"Who knows. It's hard to say without investigating. As I said, Crests are passed down through blood... But even if one's ancestors had a Crest, it doesn't mean one is guaranteed to have one. Only a select few of the descendants can inherit the power of the Crest. If one of your ancestors had inherited a Crest, and you just happened to inherit it... Something like that."

"Crests" are normally possessed only by nobility, yet the protagonist helping with Hanneman's research knows that a Crest lies in their body. Why does the protagonist, who isn't nobility, have a Crest?

8 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

"Crests" are normally possessed only by nobility, yet the protagonist helping with Hanneman's research knows that a Crest lies in their body. Why does the protagonist, who isn't nobility, have a Crest?

"Why can Alm, who is a commoner, wield the Royal Sword?"

28 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Why does the protagonist, who isn't nobility, have a Crest?

This should have a Kappa emote at the end. I really hope the story isn't going to treat this as some big twist.

37 minutes ago, Thane said:

"Why can Alm, who is a commoner, wield the Royal Sword?"

You know, it's those gosh darn exaggerated legends right? That can't really be true, right? :D

(Oh Echoes, as much as I love your story, that was not one of your shining moments)

30 minutes ago, Florete said:

This should have a Kappa emote at the end. I really hope the story isn't going to treat this as some big twist.

To be fair it doesn't have to be treated as a twist. If they just flat out say "guess you've got an ancestor who had a Crest", hopefully the focus will shift to figuring out who that ancestor was. That's the approach I hope they will take. That, or that they'll theorize that Byleth has their own, new and unique Crest (which is unlikely given (who we assume to is) Nemesis and Sothis sporting the design on their clothes).

So we've got Fódlan's "Ten Greats", but we've got quite a few more Crests on the mural than 10. I wonder if that means a villainous faction wll have Crests of their own to match the ones on our side.

Edited by Thane

17 minutes ago, Thane said:

So we've got Fódlan's "Ten Greats", but we've got quite a few more Crests on the mural than 10. I wonder if that means a villainous faction wll have Crests of their own to match the ones on our sid

Seiros side had 11 crests (so herself and Ten Greats, "good" crests)

I tink that Nemesis also had his Ten heroes( so Byleths crest and 10 "bad" crests)

So there are 22 crests in total.

8 minutes ago, User name said:

I tink that Nemesis also had his Ten heroes( so Byleths crest and 10 "bad" crests)

This feels like a strong theory but at the same time if all of the crests are said to be gifts from the goddess, then why would half of them belong to an 'evil' faction? Would they be the fallen angels in some rebellion against the goddess or something?

4 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

This feels like a strong theory but at the same time if all of the crests are said to be gifts from the goddess, then why would half of them belong to an 'evil' faction? Would they be the fallen angels in some rebellion against the goddess or something?

Who said that Nemesis's faction was evil?  Or Seiros's was good?

I think after church won the war they painted Nemesis faction as heretics who raised against the "good" benevolent goddess.

History is written by the victors,after all.

I don't know why but Hanneman gives me bad guy vibes. Maybe because of all the crest "curiosity".

23 minutes ago, User name said:

Maybe, it could be great! It could also explain why some crests are not properly visible (Seiros/the winners of the war scratched it from the painting?) But the question is where are those "bad" crests now?

Just now, User name said:

Who said that Nemesis's faction was evil?  Or Seiros's was good?

I think after church won the war they painted Nemesis faction as heretics who raised against the "good" benevolent goddess.

History is written by the victors,after all.

They could have written their account better if they were serious about making propaganda. "Liberation King" is generous for a guy called Nemesis

I'm not saying this other faction is evil, but if the church is aligned against it, it makes one wonder why the church would say "these crests are good and these are bad" if they're all from the goddess. 

4 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

They could have written their account better if they were serious about making propaganda. "Liberation King" is generous for a guy called Nemesis

I'm not saying this other faction is evil, but if the church is aligned against it, it makes one wonder why the church would say "these crests are good and these are bad" if they're all from the goddess. 

I think its more about 'grey morality', and not about which side was good or bad, and the woman in trailer could also be Rhea's predecessor.

Who had a disagreement with Nemesis about how to use the crests ,and eventually it led to all scale war.

But yeah they are gifts from Seiros so maybe removing them from the mural will lead to a "curse" or something.

I hope Hanneman is not a one-sided character that is only obsessed by crests, because it will get annoying really fast. ^^'

I like the FE-theme remix of the video when he speaks though !!

But yeah, I think we understood that the main mystery about Byleth will revolve about finding who their ancestor was and what is their crest. Nothing too surprising, but I didn't expect something much more mysterious.

I'm half wondering if Hanneman is gonna be the secretly evil teacher like those ones in Harry Potter, but they can't be that obvious, right? Then again, they aren't really trying to hide Rhea's sinister side. Still, it could be reverse psychology, so I'll just sit back and see how it all goes...

At the least, I feel like he has an "evil scientist" or maybe just "misguided genius" kind of side. When he lets slip that he wants an organic sample from the protagonist. I just dunno if they're playing it for comedy or playing it straight. He does seem genuinely knowledgeable and excited to share his knowledge about the crests though.

15 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

I'm half wondering if Hanneman is gonna be the secretly evil teacher like those ones in Harry Potter, but they can't be that obvious, right? Then again, they aren't really trying to hide Rhea's sinister side. Still, it could be reverse psychology, so I'll just sit back and see how it all goes...

At the least, I feel like he has an "evil scientist" or maybe just "misguided genius" kind of side. When he lets slip that he wants an organic sample from the protagonist. I just dunno if they're playing it for comedy or playing it straight. He does seem genuinely knowledgeable and excited to share his knowledge about the crests though.

Maybe Hanneman is secretly a vampire? That will explain why he wants a drop of Byleths blood so mutch. 

Do not believe in nintendo's lies! Castlevania emlem lives!

Edited by User name