FE Twitter shows new Anna design, some footage (& on-going character profiles)

Jedi

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Jayvee94 said:

I hope the roast lamb in the cafeteria tastes just right.

BTW, why don't we have jokes and memes about FE3H yet?

Iā€™m not sure, I would guess that the crests are to blame.

1 hour ago, User name said:

Raphael: "I'll have two number 9's, a number 9 large, a number 6 with extra dip, a number 7, two number 45's, one with cheese, and a large soda."

"I'll have one with everythng, because I'm buddhist"

17 minutes ago, Tamanoir said:

"I'll have one with everythng, because I'm buddhist"

*byleth kicks open golden deer dorme door*

Byleth:"RaphaelĀ i don't wanna alarm you but theĀ cathiteria is all out ofĀ ingridents, and we cant make more food!

Raphael: WAhhhhhhhhhh!!

These character introductions are short enough I wouldn't be that worried about Raphael being (or not) a one-dimensional character just yet, though I agree right now he is giving strong "male Effie" or Ilyana vibes.

Mercedes seems nice and continues the trend of me liking Blue Lions more and more every week. It's funny how at the start Blue Lions were my least favorite house (as a result of Dimitri being my least favorite of the lords) and Golden Deers were the favorite because of Claude, but every new Blue Lions cast member keeps changing that. Not that it matters terribly as long as we don't have to buy each house as a separate game.

1 hour ago, Lord-Zero said:

That guy could use a bigger shirt size. One wrong move and someone could get injured by a flying button.

It's the new ranged class, replacing ninjas.

Gotta admit Raphael's bio isn't doing it for me unlike the others'. I've never thought the common trope of someone eating a lot is funny, and Raphael kind of just sounds like a big brawler dude. That's not to say he won't be a good character in the game proper, but other bios got me more interested in both them and the world they live in.Ā 

So Raphaels intro is the only one so far that felt pretty lukewarm only thing real interestingĀ is his merchant family background hopefully there's more to him than being a big friendly giant that likes to eat.

3 hours ago, SushiCat said:

Ah shoot I was hoping we would get a girl for a change. He looks funny at least :lol:

Likely next week since Golden Deer has more guys listed now.

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

7 minutes ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

Likely next week since Golden Deer has more guys listed now.

Ā 

They're saving the best for last, I finally figured it out haha

So this weekend we'll probably have Rhea's assistant as he's the only church guy we've seen that hasn't been introduced next. Next week we should get...Ā 

Petra or Bernadetta for the Black Eagles

Sylvain or Ashe for the Blue Lions

Lysithea, Leonie, or Marianne for the Golden Deer.

Raphael looks like a sweetheart <3 I like him I think. I also like that his parents death isn't....stopping him fro enjoying life (I'm not sure if I worded that right or not)

I do think there is more to Raphael's character than "big man must eat and train", the death of his parents and his happy attitude besides this which is mentioned in his bio seems to suggest there's more to him.

1 hour ago, Thane said:

Gotta admit Raphael's bio isn't doing it for me unlike the others'. I've never thought the common trope of someone eating a lot is funny, and Raphael kind of just sounds like a big brawler dude. That's not to say he won't be a good character in the game proper, but other bios got me more interested in both them and the world they live in.Ā 

I honestly don't get that trope, either, and I usually laugh at really stupid things.

I'll reserve judgment for when the game actually comes out and I eventually get around to exploring his character arc, but the other characters all have more interesting introductions.Ā  I hope there will be at least some focus on his situation as an orphan and a member of a merchant family.Ā  Because one thing IĀ doĀ like is the angle of a character who experienced a great tragedy remaining optimistic, one of the most notable examples being Valbar (who I think is a downright inspiration).

On that note, I hope any supports/convos between Byleth and students won't just be theĀ tired old format of "protagonist meets character" -> "character reveals gimmick to protagonist" -> "protagonist tries to fix/help gimmick" -> "protagonist reconciles that there's no changing/helping the gimmick and character is just fine the way they are".

1 minute ago, Owain Dark said:

I guess Raphaels "canon" classes would be knight and fighter/brawler... I definitely make him the Healer of Claudes tea party.Ā 

It's like the inverse of this:

btaNKnm.png

Wrys the humble Curate turned into an axe-wielding Hero.

Look at the goddamn studded nipples, lmao

22 minutes ago, Onestep said:

I'm cracking up over it translating exercise as 'bullying of muscles'.

You know... that isn't an inaccurate way to describe exercise.

HuhĀ ?

I don't get why Raphael is already a meme but that kind of turns me off him, and his description makes him sound like a one-note character that people will claim is actually deep because his gimmick is due to a traumatic event. The weakest link in the Golden Deer if you ask me.

I don't mind Raphael's bio tbh. It doesn't really give much world building in comparison to other characters but still nice. It's admirable that despite his loss, he still has this happy demeanour, I just hope that he isn't a predominantly a meme (and also I hope he and Dedue aren't too similar since they both seem like the gentle giant types).

6 hours ago, Lord-Zero said:

One wrong move and someone could get injured by a flying button.Ā 

Iā€™m shaking... Why did I read this in Edelgardā€™s trailer voice?

6 hours ago, Ī”ZZ said:

I don't mind Raphael's bio tbh. It doesn't really give much world building in comparison to other characters but still nice. It's admirable that despite his loss, he still has this happy demeanour, I just hope that he isn't a predominantly a meme (and also I hope he and Dedue aren't too similar since they both seem like the gentle giant types).

Given that he comes from a merchant family, hopefully there are some interesting stories there.

Real question is now what'll happen after all members/extra charactersĀ get revealed inĀ late June will they continue or do something else? maybe snippets of gameplay clips instead if they want to keep some characters hidden? It can go any direction.

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

3 minutes ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

Real question is now what'll happen after all members/extra charactersĀ get revealed inĀ late June will they continue or do something else? maybe snippets of gameplay clips instead if they want to keep some characters hidden? It can go any direction.

Maybe they could show new classes and/or what some of the crests do.