FE Twitter shows new Anna design, some footage (& on-going character profiles)

Jedi

I haven't really been paying attention. Is there any reason to actually expect anything next week? Or is that just wishful thinking on everybody's part? I'd love to see something, but I don't want to get my hopes up, lol.

The little twitter bios and videos have been great, though I've been itching to hear more of the English voice cast. I wasn't crazy about Fates' localization, personally, but from what the wiki says, the voice acting for Three Houses is going to be recorded by the same people who did Awakening and SoV. That bodes well, in my opinion.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Delfino said:

I haven't really been paying attention. Is there any reason to actually expect anything next week? Or is that just wishful thinking on everybody's part? I'd love to see something, but I don't want to get my hopes up, lol.

So far we've been getting an issue of famitsu every two weeks or so with fe3h contnet and next week will be two weeks since the previous issue so it would make sense if we got an issue like wednesday/thursady next week.

4 minutes ago, ΔZZ said:

So far we've been getting an issue of famitsu every two weeks or so with fe3h contnet and next week will be two weeks since the previous issue so it would make sense if we got an issue like wednesday/thursady next week.

Was it not 3 weeks between the last 2 issues of Famitsu or am I misremembering things.

7 minutes ago, ΔZZ said:

Oh, very nice, thank you!

I have to agree with Book Bro that more exposure would be a good idea. The game's presence has been pretty low-key in the west so far. A video would be nice, though I'll take famitsu no problem, even though it's Japan only...

Edited by Delfino

I wonder when they're planning to finish the English website and give us the bios and videos in English. Maybe they're waiting for E3, but it's kind of annoying that most of the material we got so far is only in Japanese when the localization is probably well advanced and ready to be shown this time around.

Hi guys! Not sure if I'm allowed to post here or not (please correct me if need be), but Cipher just recently released a new batch of 3 Houses cards, with new dialogue for the House Leaders I believe. 

Does anyone know what it says?

Here's the original link with more pictures: https://imgur.com/a/q9XnRaE

threehouses_cipher2.png

1 hour ago, Kuki said:

Hi guys! Not sure if I'm allowed to post here or not (please correct me if need be), but Cipher just recently released a new batch of 3 Houses cards, with new dialogue for the House Leaders I believe. 

Does anyone know what it says?

Here's the original link with more pictures: https://imgur.com/a/q9XnRaE

threehouses_cipher2.png

I like how Dora is the only non-main to get a card lol

They know!

And that Edelgard one with the banner looks great, she about to go all Wallhart!

Edited by User name

1 hour ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Was it not 3 weeks between the last 2 issues of Famitsu or am I misremembering things.

Oh yes, it was actually three weeks. I took it it as two since by the second article we had 2 new students from each house forgetting we got an article before the first week of reveals.

Thanks for correcting me. So @Delfino it may not be next week after all and may be the week after

33 minutes ago, User name said:

I like how Dora is the only non-main to get a card lol

They know!

And that Edelgard one with the banner looks great, she about to go all Wallhart!

Because they already have high expectations of her and its working!?

9 minutes ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

Don't you even dare compare her to those 2.....

Well...just look at that cipher card. Her chest is doubled in size compared to the official portrait (and barely contained) and the skirt is lifted up just so you can get a peek of that area.

I see the potential for her fanservice to be even worse than Tharja and Camilla. 

Edit: Also her skirt has some weird see through effect going on. What's up with that.

Edited by zuibangde

15 minutes ago, zuibangde said:

Well...just look at that cipher card. Her chest area is doubled in size compared to the official portrait (and barely contained) and the skirt is lifted up just so you can see the peek of that area.

I see the potential for her fanservice to be even worse than Tharja and Camilla. 

So fanservice=she'll be just like them?  news flash no that's not how it works at all..."oh no a bit a cleave she gonna be bad now" . Also how are you interpretating a different design from a DIFFERENT ARTIST to mean she'll get "worse fanservice" but of course people point at the female and not the guys also popular that atm has a huge amount(watch when a new bara bare guy gets shown nobody says anything...). Might as well put Edelgard as too much fanservice too since she's also popular. Thought we we're done with that thinking guess not all just because I praise her YIKES gotta be careful what I say here...

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

I feel like Dorothea will be a case of normal in game and very flanderized in side content like Cipher and Heroes much like Tharja and Camilla (as in Awakening, Tharja was actually pretty decent and Camilla certainly wasn't amazing, but it wasn't until Cipher and Heroes where their sexuality (and obsession) was their character)

3 minutes ago, zuibangde said:

I mean whether or not the fanservice for those characters was bad or not is a matter of opinion to begin with but just because you don't like it doesn't mean you have to shit on it. Is it being pushed annoying if you don't care for it? Sure but you (General you, not you specifically.) don't have to constantly bring it up, especially when it's not relevant to the conversation.

Anyway.....I hope we do get a reveal tommorow seems like we really needed one today. 

Yeah we probably gotta wait for early June for the latest famitsu issue about the game would be fitting if its before E3 since we'll definitely get a blowout and alot to analyze!

45 minutes ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

Don't you even dare compare her to those 2.....

The picture of Dorothea in your profile is what she should have looked like in the Cipher card. 

47 minutes ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

So fanservice=she'll be just like them?  news flash no that's not how it works at all..."oh no a bit a cleave she gonna be bad now" . Also how are you interpretating a different design from a DIFFERENT ARTIST to mean she'll get "worse fanservice" but of course people point at the female and not the guys that atm has a huge amount. Might as well put Edelgard as too much fanservice too since she's also popular. Thought we we're done with that thinking guess not just because I praise her YIKES gotta be careful what I say here...

Okay...just so we're clear, my intention wasn't to shit on Dorothea specifically...I was being critical of the artwork because I don't think it needed to be that way. (It's also why I'm critical of a lot of artworks of Tharja post Awakening because it ruined one of my favourite characters from that game). 

Like what another user said, it wasn't until cipher and Heroes (and other side content like Tharja's figurine) that completely shifted the focus to their sexuality (for example, Tharja's portrait in Awakening had her covering her body to reflect her awkward and slightly creepy personality and Christmas Tharja is exactly the opposite of what Awakening Tharja would do).

What I meant when I mentioned about her fanservice being 'potentially worse' is that the game isn't even out yet and we're shown that she's receiving what Camilla and Tharja (moreso Tharja) received and it's natural to worry that she's heading that route too ...which is her sexuality completely overshadowing whatever personality she'll have. You are right that it's just one artist's interpretation and the rest of her material might focus more on her personality though so I could be wrong.

Edited by zuibangde

55 minutes ago, zuibangde said:

Well...just look at that cipher card. Her chest is doubled in size compared to the official portrait (and barely contained) and the skirt is lifted up just so you can get a peek of that area.

Edit: Also her skirt has some weird see through effect going on. What's up with that.

I think Sothis is a bit more objectionable, but to each their own. . .

I'd comment more on this, but I'd rather see the artist first.  Some of them will take. . .liberties with the source material.

I definitely agree that Tharja was ruined by an over-sexualization of her character after the fact. She was reserved and even self-conscious in Awakening, but now she only seems to exist to flaunt her... assets. It's sad. I feel like Camilla was meant to be that character from the beginning, so not a lot to say there, but Dorothea doesn't strike me as someone who is. Her design is probably the closest to being "sexualized" out of the students, but it's still inoffensive if you ask me, which is something I've really appreciated about the designs so far.

I really hope they don't go that route with her. Her design is so cute and she seems like a respectable, fun character from what we've seen.

Edited by Delfino

21 minutes ago, Aera said:

The picture of Dorothea in your profile is what she should have looked like in the Cipher card. 

Although I would really rather go back on topic now but I hope we do get full official character art for the other characters thats not the MC/3Lords/Sothis at least relatively soonish after release.

While it's certainly possible that Rhea's assistant will be introduced tomorrow because Rhea was also introduced on a Sunday, I wouldn't get your hopes up. The two teachers are also listed as part of the church like Rhea, and were introduced on Saturdays. They might be done introducing non-student characters for now. (Hopefully we'll still get student profiles over the week, though.)

Really hoping that the English website gets an update around E3 and not a week before the game releases. Regardless, E3 is only 17 days away and we're guaranteed to get some new info and gameplay there.

14 hours ago, Calico said:

While it's certainly possible that Rhea's assistant will be introduced tomorrow because Rhea was also introduced on a Sunday, I wouldn't get your hopes up. The two teachers are also listed as part of the church like Rhea, and were introduced on Saturdays. They might be done introducing non-student characters for now. (Hopefully we'll still get student profiles over the week, though.)

Really hoping that the English website gets an update around E3 and not a week before the game releases. Regardless, E3 is only 17 days away and we're guaranteed to get some new info and gameplay there.

Yeah honestly I'm ok with this the student profiles are most likely all gonna get filled don't mind some outside characters being secret in case no one gets shown tomorrow.

EDIT:(Yep looks like it)

That's what I'm concerned about bad enough NoA isn't really truly pushing this game yet before E3, but Nintendo UK is putting a bit of effort(despite slipping a spoiler as obvious as it seems) I think it might update once all student profiles are done with which is next week after E3 and when the JP site adds the gameplay section which probably will be soonish.

Well no update again today. I guess weekend updated are officially gone, which makes sense since I feel like any other npcs could be spoilery.

Hopefully they don’t stop with student reveals tho (but I doubt they will). Personally I’d like to see Petra, Ingrid and Lysithea next week