FE Twitter shows new Anna design, some footage (& on-going character profiles)

Jedi

2 minutes ago, User name said:

First tweet:

[Blue Lions] Ashe (CV: Inoue Yuuki) The adopted son of Lord Ronato, the landlord of the Caspard territory in the Holy Kingdom. (cont.)

He holds great respect and gratitude towards Lord Ronato, who took him in, raised him as his own, and sent him to the Officer's Academy despite him being a commoner. He is a serious young boy, who studies and trains hard so he can become an outstanding adult like his benefactor.

Second picture: "So that's how it is. ...You're amazing, teacher."

Second tweet: Video

"It's all thanks to my adopted father, Lord Ronato, that a commoner like me got to enroll in the Officer's Academy. He's strict but also kind, and a model knight... I want to grow up and become someone like him."

Via @SatsumaFSoysoy

Thanks, love his backstory!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Roland said:

You know what would be crazy? If Ashe is an undercover spy for Ronato behind the enemy lines.

That would be pretty neat. I can see it happening, because a "sweet boy" like him having a skill like "Survival wisdom/Street smarts" can't be that simple.

God I've missed these forums after a day of not being up, especially when that day happen to be one of the biggest news days since reveal. The Flame Emperor is totally not the big bad, the antagonist of the school arc I can see, but given the Thani leaks the story is a lot wider scoped than what they're making it out to be 

Ok on a more serious note, nice to see a better look at the villains. The Grim Reaper dude appearently kidnaps people in the middle of the night, huh. How much you wanna bet that we're gonna have students "disappear", which will end up introducing us to the Grim Reaper?

Just repeating what I said at another discussion,

So many things so much new info where to start. 

First Death God Knight or however he will be called and Flame Emperor. We know that they are enemies of the church and we also know that the church or at least a part of it according to a leak is evil. So that could mean that they might become allies later in the game. From the Twitter post of the Knight I can really see this happening as for the Emperor I guess we can all agree that he is related to the Adrestian Empire maybe even to nobility but I would say that he isn’t Edelgard‘s father solely on the fact that he was the one that send the bandits to attack the lord trio at the beginning. Sure it’s not impossible and it’s Fire Emblem so it wouldn’t be strange but I simply hope it’s not.

Second the Rebellion  was already mentioned in a previous article if I remember correctly but it’s nice to see side characters that are connected to the events of the main story.

Third the Assist part is something I’m not completely happy about but while there is assisting for attack and defense and maybe a possible healing. It seems that one that won’t be a boost to stats and it might be possible that assists can’t be set during battle. Plus I don’t think every character can heal only those who are proficient in Faith magic but that’s just a theory.

Fourth the map gimmick and such seem really interesting I hope there will be some interesting maps. The classes and those are only intermediate classes just how many are there but I hope the Knight will at least have some really good boosts for his stats otherwise him having no class skill is just stupid I hope Intsys will still do something there. As for the gender thing, don’t care much I actually think it’s a good thing even. 

Fifth the Weekend is really filled with all kind of activities I hope not all activities reduce the bar otherwise it won’t be enough at all. Teacher training, fishing, gardening, cooking, it’s good that we are able to see what character like what and we can even get close with character from other classes so them becoming enemies later on seems less likely now, quest so many things so little bar.

Sixth new character info new Crests saints now as well and Lysithea, her character description plus her voice actor plus her ability, now if she also has a certain kind of personality she will be a second Tanya. For those who don’t Tanya is the main character of the anime/manga/Novel Youjou Senki or Saga of Tanya the Evil, lets say that she is quite the amazing character.

Reaper Knight:The one to die… will it be me, or you… let’s enjoy this dance of hell … forward.

Flame Emperor: I will let them be for a while longer. There isn’t enough information on that teacher.

So NoA posted about the bad guys. So Flame Emperor is official, but death knight guy doesn't have a name (unless it is deadly-knight-wielding-a-massive-scythe lol)

Spoiler

Edited by Azz

24 minutes ago, Azz said:

So NoA posted about the bad guys. So Flame Emperor is official, but death knight guy doesn't have a name (unless it is deadly-knight-wielding-a-massive-scythe lol)

Reveal hidden contents

That may imply the "Reaper Knight" is more of a generalisation for a class of enemy, perhaps created by the Flame Emperor using their unlocked crest powers, unlocked by a group of scientists within the church, leaving him physically and mentally scarred.

7 minutes ago, Timlugia said:

Interesting how they skipped all the protagonists and went straight to antagonist on NoA....

They might not want to "clog up" the NoA Twitter account with frequent updates about characters, since the character bios are uploaded to a Japanese FE-exclusive Twitter account. They're only really wanting to report the major things rather than "less story-significant" characters.

2 minutes ago, Timlugia said:

While that's true, wouldn't three lords, Blyeth, and Rhea be more important than early game antagonists that are probably dead by chapter 10?

They'll be important to the over-arching plot for sure, even after they die, the reason behind their grudge against the church will be revealed and it will most likely be reasonable enough to sow more doubt across the mind of the lord(especially Edelgard), giving them more ammunition to also rebel against the Church.

34 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

They might not want to "clog up" the NoA Twitter account with frequent updates about characters, since the character bios are uploaded to a Japanese FE-exclusive Twitter account. They're only really wanting to report the major things rather than "less story-significant" characters.

That makes sense. The poor social media managers of Nintendo of America can probably only take so many demands for more Smash Bros and Animal Crossing

26 minutes ago, redtutel said:

That makes sense. The poor social media managers of Nintendo of America can probably only take so many demands for more Smash Bros and Animal Crossing

So it's a case of "you can't please everyone", huh?

Even so, I wish they held a direct for FE Three Houses before getting pitted against a dozen-or-so other games in a battle to get noticed at E3.  But with E3 being less than two weeks out now, I guess those antagonist bios are about all we'll get in the west before that event.

I only can hope now that they start ramping up the marketing after E3, because this lack of it will not help them sell the game, and I'd like it if this series were to continue instead of getting shit-canned because Nintendo can't be bothered to support it.

5 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

So it's a case of "you can't please everyone", huh?

Even so, I wish they held a direct for FE Three Houses before getting pitted against a dozen-or-so other games in a battle to get noticed at E3.  But with E3 being less than two weeks out now, I guess those antagonist bios are about all we'll get in the west before that event.

I only can hope now that they start ramping up the marketing after E3, because this lack of it will not help them sell the game, and I'd like it if this series were to continue instead of getting shit-canned because Nintendo can't be bothered to support it.

Honestly, with Mario Maker getting it's own direct, they better make Three Houses the main attraction of their E3.

I'm honestly surprised the push for it hasn't truly happen yet with NoA we're in under 2 months till the game comes out and waiting till E3 to finally start is a bit underwhelming imo especially with other things gonna show up. I also hope Three Houses gets a focused direct to be fair and salvage a bit of lost time for NoA.

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

17 minutes ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

I'm honestly surprised the push for it hasn't truly happen yet with NoA we're in under 2 months till the game comes out and waiting till E3 to finally start is a bit underwhelming imo especially with other things gonna show up. I also hope Three Houses gets a focused direct to be fair and salvage a bit of lost time for NoA.

I hope that after E3 and Mario Maker 2's release NoA has more time to focus on their next AAA title, which is only a month away.

Ashe is so cute! It's interesting how he used to be a commoner and then became a noble while Mercedes was a noble but then became a commoner. He also looks like he is going to be pretty important in the first part of the game what with his adopted dad starting a rebellion.

Speaking of which I found it interesting how the Black Eagles only have 1 commoner (and it is going to stay that way), the Blue Lions have 3 commoners , and the Golden Deer's have only one commoner so far. Which is very weird. Originally I thought the Black Eagles would be the middle ground of commoners, Blue Lions will be mostly nobles, and the Golden Deer's will have the most commoners because they where marketed that way. I'm assuming that Leonie and Ignace are going to be two more commoners for the Golden Deer's while Marianne seems more like a noble. However, if they actually want to stay true too the Golden Deer's having the most commoners she will have to be one as well otherwise they will the same amount as the Blue Lions. Speaking of which, that means that Sylvain, Annette, and Ingrid will have to be nobles.

Mostly I'm interested in this because the whole commoner and noble interactions can be very interesting. Especially with characters like Hilda and Lorenz who seem a bit stuck up, and Dorothea being the only commoner in the Black Eagles. I'm kind of looking forward to the conversations from these guys.