FE Twitter shows new Anna design, some footage (& on-going character profiles)

Jedi

11 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Ignace does seem like the obvious shota of the Golden Deer

I guess Ashe would be the ''smol' one in the blue lions. 

And in the Eagles....Casper?

Caspar is actually shorter than Edelgard, and Edelgard herself is not that tall, F.Byleth and Dorathea are toller.

So yeah Caspar is the "smol" one lol

Edited by User name

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder what we'll actually get from Three Houses on Tuesday at E3; considering we'll likely get a trailer; I could see a story trailer diving into the crests since as far as anyone on the west is concerned we have no idea who has what crests or what the crests even do. We'll definitely get some mention of it; I could maybe see Treehouse doing a segment like the first chapter before you meet the house leaders or them choosing a house and then playing the first map of that route(similar to how they showcased the first map of Fates Birthright). Since we're getting Famitsu literally a day after I think we're in for a week of good news ❤️

58 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

I wonder what we'll actually get from Three Houses on Tuesday at E3; considering we'll likely get a trailer; I could see a story trailer diving into the crests since as far as anyone on the west is concerned we have no idea who has what crests or what the crests even do. We'll definitely get some mention of it; I could maybe see Treehouse doing a segment like the first chapter before you meet the house leaders or them choosing a house and then playing the first map of that route(similar to how they showcased the first map of Fates Birthright). Since we're getting Famitsu literally a day after I think we're in for a week of good news ❤️

We most likely get a trailer, hopefully a story driven trailer. As for the Crests, I'm not sure if they'd show them or a few, cuz plot. Probably the trailer will show stuff what Famitsu has shown so far. 

As for Treehouse, I'm not sure. I hope they are only allowed to play the prologue and a bit showing the Monastery. I want to play it blind much and not spoiled everything. 

I'll pronably leave the forums first week of July, unfollw every FE page, just to not get spoiled lol 

*yay fishing quest*

Genuinely thought Ignace was a girl when i first saw him. I don't know why, i just did.

11 minutes ago, Owain Dark said:

As for Treehouse, I'm not sure. I hope they are only allowed to play the prologue and a bit showing the Monastery. I want to play it blind much and not spoiled everything. 

Probably just showing off the Monastery. Back at E3 2016, the Fates treehouse demo just showed My Castle.

1 hour ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Yeah next week is gonna be MASSIVE with Three Houses info!🙏 I'm gonna safely guess story driven trailer(nothing too spoilerish please!) little talk about gameplay(probably the basis of what we already know but for people that don't really follow the series strong) maybe talk about some online connectivity and maybe talk about the DLC coming for it and when the first batch will come. Treehouse will definitely stream the early parts of the game similar to their Fates stream. Just pretty simple stuff I'm expecting.

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

5 minutes ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

Yeah next week is gonna be MASSIVE with Three Houses info!🙏 I'm gonna safely guess story driven trailer(nothing too spoilerish please!) little talk about gameplay(probably the basis of what we already know but for people that don't really follow the series strong) maybe talk about some online connectivity and maybe talk about the DLC coming for it and when the first batch will come. Treehouse will definitely stream the early parts of the game similar to their Fates stream. Just pretty simple stuff I'm expecting.

Or they talk about... Shipping, waifus and Raphael! 

No, seriously tho, I hope they won't. 

I expect Three Houses to have a presence in the Direct and at Treehouse Live, but hopefully they won't show too much. Maybe the English website will update with all the students too. Marianne is the student I'm most interested in, but she'll likely be revealed last at this rate so oh well.

And maybe they'll reveal that Sothis can use her time powers to summon your students' children from the future!

Hot take: after the demo for 3H that Treehouse plays through, they say "this demo we have played on today's Nintendo Treehouse segment will bedownloadable from the Nintendo eShop later today!".

I can expect a tiny spoiler dropped into a story trailer at some point, going off of Thani: 

Spoiler

I could see a frame of one of the Lord's or unit's post timeskip design.

I hope we get a demo. My hope is that it would be that map where the houses are fighting one another and you pick which house you want to side with but even if it was the map with Kostas and you had to use the Black Eagles, I would be happy.

17 minutes ago, Azz said:

I hope we get a demo. My hope is that it would be that map where the houses are fighting one another and you pick which house you want to side with but even if it was the map with Kostas and you had to use the Black Eagles, I would be happy.

I wouldn't mind if we were locked to one house(most likely the Black Eagles) especially if that house happens to not be the one I'm choosing first lmao.

My guess/hope for a demo would be from the choice between the houses until the mock battle, maybe with a little bit before. I'd want a little time to try out teaching and see what the weekend activities are like.

Edited by BastienSoul

Yeah, a demo would be really neat, though I doubt we'd get one. But if we did get a demo, I think I'd like it if it let you play the beginning of the game from up to where you choose a house, or maybe until a little after you choose (maybe a couple of weeks to a month, so we can get a taste of the school systems). If they chose that route, it'd be cool if you could carry over your save data to the full game. Otherwise, I'd hope for some battles where we can try out characters from each house.

I doubt we will get an onsite demo, Fire Emblem isn't really type of game you could showcase in like 15-30 minutes, especially this time with much expended RPG elements.  It's also have quite steep learning curve to begin with.  I think we will get a trailer, and ideally a few TreeHouse sections, which is a much better way showing early game system and stories.

Edited by Timlugia

27 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

21 minutes ago, Disclaimer said:

No, that is not an official source for translations. It's just their take at translating the Japanese bio, which they cite. 

Honestly, I'm expecting them to just go with Ignacio in the English version since that's a much more common name.

43 minutes ago, Moonlit Knight said:

Honestly, I'm expecting them to just go with Ignacio in the English version since that's a much more common name.

So far, they haven't changed any names; my gut feeling is they want to keep parity with the Japanese version. This even extends to the Flame Emperor, who I thought would have a less Engrishy name.

I do think Ignace might have a very slightly different spelling, but in line with the Japanese kana. Ignaz is a legitimate translation. Another one I found is Ignác, but they rarely have accents in character names (weapon names are a different story though).

Actually, I forgot where Ignace came from...

17 minutes ago, Mysterique Sign said:

Didn't Ignace come from one of the English trailers?

Nah. He appeared in the background during the Golden Deer intro scene, but that was about it. We didn't even know his name until Famitsu started adding their articles.

3 minutes ago, Owain Dark said:

Ignace might be translated as "Ignatius", since that is an very old german name too. 

While they are willing to reuse names occasionally, Ignatius was a character in Fates ("Ignis" in Japan), and I suspect that would be a bit too recent for them.