FE Twitter shows new Anna design, some footage (& on-going character profiles)

Jedi

1 minute ago, egobarrier said:

While they are willing to reuse names occasionally, Ignatius was a character in Fates ("Ignis" in Japan), and I suspect that would be a bit too recent for them.

They re-use names all the time tho

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Owain Dark said:

They re-use names all the time tho

Not really? There are a ton of names that are one letter off or have the same pronunciation, but only a handful that are left identical after the official translations, and even then usually only one of them will be playable and the other(s) NPCs (even "Ignatius" was a boss in Awakening first).  The only exceptions I can think of are "Arthur", "Cain", and "Lorenz", all of whom have a wider gap in their respective games than Fates and Three Houses.

Still, only time will tell.

Honestly, with the exception of Dedue (which was Dodou so not to different really), all the names have been 1:1 between localisation and og Japanese, so I say with just be Ignace tbh.

5 minutes ago, linkhuesitos said:

Uhmn so she's the granddaughter of the King of Brigith, so she's also a noble.

It's unclear (and possibly unlikely) that nobles outside Fodlan's three nations possess crests, though, because they're passed down through the bloodlines of the Greats / Saints. 

4 hours ago, egobarrier said:

Bio

The granddaughter of the king of Brigitte, an archipelago to the west of Fódlan. Brigitte is subservient [dependent?] to the Empire, and as a token of their allegiance, Petra is sent from her homeland as an exchange student to the Officer's Academy. She's not yet used to Fódlan's language, but is committed to learning it.

Thank, you, Instructor. You always, listen to me, patiently.

Video

At the, Monastery, there are, various people I can meet, to meet. Instructor, please teach me, too, because I will, work hard.

Edited by Thane

She doesn't seem so much of a politically hostage so much as a diplomat for her country. She seems happy to be a student and enthusiastic about learning the language of Fodlan, but that was just her first meeting. Maybe she has her own ulterior motives? But as of now, she doesn't seem to be a character that will threaten Edelgard. I wonder what her crest is, if she has one.

My waifu at long last!!! So she's a kings granddaughter of the west islands islands nice!(if she's a kings granddaughter her having a unique crest is likely) but I'm interested that she seems to be enroll because of their allegiance with the empire so like a diplomat in a way definitely interesting as I expected can't wait to see how deep their allegiance go maybe its very important especially how her A convo with Edelgard is story locked. Also it's cute she's trying to talk the native language best she can and wanting to learn more!(PLEASE don't just give her some dumb gimmicky accent localization....)

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

28 minutes ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

My waifu at long last!!! So she's a kings granddaughter of the west islands islands nice!(if she's a kings granddaughter her having a unique crest is likely) but I'm interested that she seems to be enroll because of their allegiance with the empire so like a diplomat in a way definitely interesting as I expected can't wait to see how deep their allegiance go maybe its very important especially how her A convo with Edelgard is story locked. Also it's cute she's trying to talk the native language best she can and wanting to learn more!(PLEASE don't just give her some dumb gimmicky accent localization....)

I'm guessing that they'll give her an Spanish, French, or Russian accent.

I can't wait for her and Hubert to have a cock-measuring contest of who is more loyal and devoted to "Edurugado sama", i can see Petra trying to befriend Edel in order to improve cross-kingdom relations, lets hope Edelgard dosent have any "funny" plans for Brigatte.

Very interesting, she could be one of the deepest character. Let's see what they do in the localization, probably just an accent (hoping for spanish, she gives me that vibe) and some broken english.

Unless with that surname they're making her scottish?

not really a political prisoner, though diplomat is also wrong, her presence is more an expression of fealty or good faith, more like an arranged marriage between kingdoms.

1 hour ago, Armchair General said:

I'm guessing that they'll give her an Spanish, French, or Russian accent.

Hey I take Spanish or French accent any day as long as its not stereotypically thick sounding but PLEASE no Russian again....