FE Twitter shows new Anna design, some footage (& on-going character profiles)

Jedi

2 hours ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

Well RIP people wanting to pair him with Bernadetta since they thought he was only just a cool guy probably still is despite this (maybe it's still possible) but this definitely sours it. At least once again the backstories are interesting!

I still see some promise in it but only if the protective traits end up being more important than the pervert ones as I hope. 

If he dials down the perv then a nice, caring and protective guy might just be what the overly shy Bernadetta needs, someone who can take care of her and protect her. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like others have said, I'm not as much a fan of his super flirt personality but I do like the situation described with his elder brother. I suspect the house leaders are only children but it would be cool if, say, Edelgard had a similar situation with a older sibling and the drama of that sibling being 'usurped' was played up.

Just now, Etrurian emperor said:

I still see some promise in it but only if the protective traits end up being more important than the pervert ones as I hope. 

If he dials down the perv then a nice, caring and protective guy might just be what the overly shy Bernadetta needs, someone who can take care of her and protect her. 

Are you sure you're not Bernadetta's father? Because you sound like her father.

1 minute ago, NekoKnight said:

Like others have said, I'm not as much a fan of his super flirt personality but I do like the situation described with his elder brother. I suspect the house leaders are only children but it would be cool if, say, Edelgard had a similar situation with a older sibling and the drama of that sibling being 'usurped' was played up.

I just know what's best for her 😀

I'm still wondering where major and minor crests come in to play. Like do they inherit the major crests of their house once they ascend as the leader, therefore implying their parents maybe have to die? Cause if that's the case, Felix is probably an orphan. I dunno, I still don't understand the point of having major and minor crests tbh when just a crest would suffice that just shows the next in line of succession.

29 minutes ago, Azz said:

I'm still wondering where major and minor crests come in to play. Like do they inherit the major crests of their house once they ascend as the leader, therefore implying their parents maybe have to die? Cause if that's the case, Felix is probably an orphan. I dunno, I still don't understand the point of having major and minor crests tbh when just a crest would suffice that just shows the next in line of succession.

I think it's a reference to holy blood in Genealogy of the Holy War. Nobody knows if they'll receive a major crest or minor crest. Once you're born, your crest status is decided: major, minor or none.

Having a major crest grants the user more power than normal. In Genealogy, major holy blood lets them use their legendary weapons. As such, people will naturally prefer having a major crest. But sometimes they can't choose if all they have is a minor crest.

7 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

I think it's a reference to holy blood in Genealogy of the Holy War. Nobody knows if they'll receive a major crest or minor crest. Once you're born, your crest status is decided: major, minor or none.

Having a major crest grants the user more power than normal. In Genealogy, major holy blood lets them use their legendary weapons. As such, people will naturally prefer having a major crest. But sometimes they can't choose if all they have is a minor crest.

But now it seems that minor crest bearers can wield the legendary weapons? I wonder what the gameplay advantage of a major crest is - I'd imagine it'd be those supposed activation skills that we've seen both Byleth and Felix perform.

1 minute ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

But now it seems that minor crest bearers can wield the legendary weapons? I wonder what the gameplay advantage of a major crest is - I'd imagine it'd be those supposed activation skills that we've seen both Byleth and Felix perform.

I think there was something mentioned in the leaks, but I'm a bit lazy and short on time to look XD

There was a pretty well-known Genealogy hack that let you use legendary weapons with minor blood, but the stat boosts were cut in half. I think it'd be cool if it worked like that. It always seemed weird that minor blood carriers couldn't even touch their weapons.

3 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

I think there was something mentioned in the leaks, but I'm a bit lazy and short on time to look XD

There was a pretty well-known Genealogy hack that let you use legendary weapons with minor blood, but the stat boosts were cut in half. I think it'd be cool if it worked like that. It always seemed weird that minor blood carriers couldn't even touch their weapons.

I remember reading in the leak something akin to:

Spoiler

People that do not bear crests trying to wield crest weapons results in disasterous concequences

Edited by HappyHawlucha.

11 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

I suspect characters will be able to upgrade their crests. Almost all the characters have minor crests and without Genealogy style eugenics, I can't see a point in having those characters stuck with minor crests the entire game.

17 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

I suspect characters will be able to upgrade their crests. Almost all the characters have minor crests and without Genealogy style eugenics, I can't see a point in having those characters stuck with minor crests the entire game.

Yeah, I know what you mean.

Plus Byleth can upgrade his/her crest from ??? to Flames. That said, their crest was a major one to begin with--and it's a special one too. So it's hard to say.

It'd be nice if we got to see the crest menu...

I don't get why everyone is treating Sylvain like a pervert or a creepy guy. He is just a chill brotherly figure who is a bit of a romantic. He is completely different from Sain and Virion because he is a nice person who people look up to and the girls probably like him back. One of my favourite characters so far for sure, I'm really interested by that beast having a Gautier crest stone and i'm wondering if that could be his brother who tried an experiment to artificially give himself a crest. Just a theory but I am looking forward to the relevancy of his brother in Sylvain's story.

6 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

That's actually what I think the situation with the Flame Emperor might be. And might be why Edelgard believes "the Crests are to blame".

Edited by Mysterique Sign

3 hours ago, SpiceMan said:

I don't get why everyone is treating Sylvain like a pervert or a creepy guy. He is just a chill brotherly figure who is a bit of a romantic. He is completely different from Sain and Virion because he is a nice person who people look up to and the girls probably like him back. One of my favourite characters so far for sure, I'm really interested by that beast having a Gautier crest stone and i'm wondering if that could be his brother who tried an experiment to artificially give himself a crest. Just a theory but I am looking forward to the relevancy of his brother in Sylvain's story.

Well a “romantic” is one way of putting it. I might use a different word for someone who is like “Hey teacher, there sure are a lot of pretty girls at this school eh? Such as [proceeds to list all the girls with big boobs]”

4 hours ago, Mysterique Sign said:

We have seen quite a bit of her this week though, and we didn't see much of Lysithea before she got her reveal, so anything can happen!

I'm going to retract my previous statement, and say it's likely going to be Leonie, but because of Famitsu. I assume next week's entry will have a Three Houses section, and I feel Marianne would work better for a magazine reveal.

Edit: ... Goddammit IS.

Edited by Cysx

3 minutes ago, egobarrier said:

Surprise!

At least that'll make a lot of people happy, but I was right, they're denying me the character I'm the most interested in!
The world is so unfair you guys.

Anyway, Marianne! Reminded me of Noire's soft side a little, and that seems accurate. Maybe.

Edited by Cysx

Just now, Cysx said:

At least that'll make a lot of people happy, but I was right, they're denying the character I'm the most interested in!
The world is so unfair you guys

As someone that wanted info on Ingrid the most, I sympathize.

From a rudimentary Google translate, Marianne is the adopted daughter of Duke of Edmund (another King Lear reference), she's very shy and most have never heard her voice, she likes and talks to animals and she's very pious

Edited by Mysterique Sign

Love her! She's so pretty and her hair is beautiful. Looks like she's adopted and likes animals/prays a lot. So probably a healer. But to me she's going to be a dark mage (the female equivalent or whatever). 

Definitely going to steal her (and Lysinthia) for my Blue Lions run if I can!