FE Twitter shows new Anna design, some footage (& on-going character profiles)

Jedi

She's a bit of the odd one out in the Golden Deer. On the whole it seems a bit more happy and extrovert team with Marianne being the only glum one. 

The boys in the Golden Deer are a bit hit and miss but the girls are all really good.

I do detect some recycling in character traits. Marianne seems really shy, probably crippling so but so does Bernadette. And we got two flirts as well. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Jakalak said:

I don’t think the sword has anything to do with it, just having a crest reveals that a person is not from a common bloodline. That being said it would be cool to have a student like Leonie find out her family is secretly of noble blood. I doubt it would happen though because that is Byleth’s story as far as we know right now.

I was just thinking the other day (what with people making Edelgard Targaryen jokes) that one historical-political-fantasy trope that we haven't had in the cast yet is the illegitimate child. (Think less the John Snow, and more the Gendry).

Maybe Leonie showed up with a crest, and is the result of a Duke of Daphnell's indiscretion. (Or... oh man, can you imagine if she were to have the Major Crest of Gloucester? Just dunk on Lorentz.)

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

She's a bit of the odd one out in the Golden Deer. On the whole it seems a bit more happy and extrovert team with Marianne being the only glum one. 

The boys in the Golden Deer are a bit hit and miss but the girls are all really good.

I do detect some recycling in character traits. Marianne seems really shy, probably crippling so but so does Bernadette. And we got two flirts as well. 

I would argue that it’s normal to have some shared traits here and there. What will matter is if they do enough to help us understand why Bernadetta and Marianne are shy and differentiate the two of them.

Just looking at these two characters, from my perspective at least, I see Bernadetta as a classically shy character who is not very complex. Marianne on the other hand seems to have her shyness rooted in problems she has with her self worth. It’s intriguing, I wonder if something happened to her to make her want to isolate herself.

Bernie seems more anxious, anti-social shy whereas Marianne seems more self-deprecating, low self esteem shy personally, so despite have similar quirks, they are different (and I'm sure they will have extra things to them like Marianne being very pious for example).

After seeing all the E3 footage, I'm a bit confused why they stopped doing the faculty profiles on weekends.

They could easily talk about Seteth, Alois, Gilbert, Rodrigue (assuming he's staff), Catherine and Shamir. Never mind those we don't know exist.

9 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

After seeing all the E3 footage, I'm a bit confused why they stopped doing the faculty profiles on weekends.

They could easily talk about Seteth, Alois, Gilbert, Rodrigue (assuming he's staff), Catherine and Shamir. Never mind those we don't know exist.

Maybe they will continue the Monday - Wednesday - Friday release schedule with the rest of the staff once they finish with the students? Who knows honestly. It will be interesting to see what they decide to release after next week.

Edited by Torii

9 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Personally I really want a profile for Flayn, she seems cute and she intrigues me because of her ressemblance with Rhea

They'll have four weeks after we get Leonie this day next week left so hopefully we do still get reveals. I was hoping we might get some time skip reveals but I also doubt that too.

2 minutes ago, Chitsuuki said:

Personally I really want a profile for Flayn, she seems cute and she intrigues me because of her ressemblance with Rhea

If my theory that Rhea is an archbishop because of her lineage and her bearing one of the Crests, I could totally see Flayn being her little sister and being a high up in the Church since she also has the same crest. Flayn could also be Rhea's daughter since according to the bios, Rhea has been archbishop for a long time; suggesting she's older than she looks.

6 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

If my theory that Rhea is an archbishop because of her lineage and her bearing one of the Crests, I could totally see Flayn being her little sister and being a high up in the Church since she also has the same crest. Flayn could also be Rhea's daughter since according to the bios, Rhea has been archbishop for a long time; suggesting she's older than she looks.

It would be very interesting, I think she's more her daughter.

I really hope she's going to be playable after the time skip.

20 minutes ago, Chitsuuki said:

It would be very interesting, I think she's more her daughter.

I really hope she's going to be playable after the time skip.

If not Rhea then definitely Flayn.

An interesting theory I read is that, if Byleth is still a teacher in 5 years that Flayn and that kid who looked like young Claude might be your students at that time, that they're like freshmen now, but will be seniors in 5 years

4 minutes ago, Mysterique Sign said:

An interesting theory I read is that, if Byleth is still a teacher in 5 years that Flayn and that kid who looked like young Claude might be your students at that time, that they're like freshmen now, but will be seniors in 5 years

The young Claude kid I could definitely see but Flayn looks at least the same age as our Pre-Timeskip students, if not even a bit older.

5 minutes ago, Mysterique Sign said:

That would be so cool 

I can imagine that, in my head Byleth wasn't a teacher anymore after the time skip

3 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

The young Claude kid I could definitely see but Flayn looks at least the same age as our Pre-Timeskip students, if not even a bit older.

We can't really tell at the moment, what if she is just following her mother step to become the new archbishop

Edited by Chitsuuki

18 minutes ago, Mysterique Sign said:

Isn't the kid a bit young to be studying under Byleth? Three Houses seems to be going for a bit of an older cast. The general age seems to be 17-19ish with Lysithea being an exception at 15. 

The kid on the other hand is definitely a shota if not younger than that. Most of all he reminds of me the Ram kids in the opening of Echoes. 

1 hour ago, Chitsuuki said:

I think She's Rhea's little sister or niece

Also in the e3 trailer I think that rhea was the one turning into a dragon which explains why she is so protective of the church 

Cause she was a friend of seiros from long ago.

4 minutes ago, AzuraxCorrin(M)4Life said:

I think She's Rhea's little sister or niece

Also in the e3 trailer I think that rhea was the one turning into a dragon which explains why she is so protective of the church 

Cause she was a friend of seiros from long ago.

That's also a good guess if we consider that they are manakete

I think the kids we saw were family of the church's staff.

Maybe, let's say, Catherine and another teacher got married and had a child. The child would be the one who looks like a young Claude with orange eyes. Both his parents live in the church so he lives here too. 

For Flayn I think she's Rhea's little sister.

There's also this possibility: the church is also an orphanage.