FE Twitter shows new Anna design, some footage (& on-going character profiles)

Jedi

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm....so either her or Leonie might have a crest really can't wait till next weeks famitsu to find out!

Yeah they haveĀ 4 weeks before the week of the release they could do the new staff members reveals and some other characters shown slightly but I'm not sure until week after next.

I hope I'm not alone in wanting to see more timeskip looks of the other characters before release. I feel the general females excluding the younger looking ones will stay almost relatively the same with maybeĀ slightly different hairstyles and different clothes(hmm...maybe Leonie grows her hairĀ out or it stays shorts hmm...) Edelgard doesn't really look that different except of course her hair and clothes. I mean 5 years isn't that big a gap imo(from games prior having a skip close to it) but the guys? oh yeah I'm expecting more changes for the majority of them maybe not some but I don't see the teachers changing hopefully they do some little trailer for it I'm intrigued so much!

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

6 minutes ago, User name said:

I like how Golden Deer is just a bunch of weirdos, there's is nothing in between.

Then you think about it, Claude is the most "normal" one, and even he shouts "Power of friendship"

Ignatz is also pretty normal aside from the horrendous bowel cut. He's just a regular guy that's interested in the arts if I remember.Ā 

1 hour ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

Hmm....so either her or Leonie might have a crest really can't wait till next weeks famitsu to find out!

Yeah they haveĀ 4 weeks before the week of the release they could do the new staff members reveals and some other characters shown slightly but I'm not sure until week after next.

I hope I'm not alone in wanting to see more timeskip looks of the other characters before release. I feel the general females excluding the younger looking ones will stay almost relatively the same with maybeĀ slightly different hairstyles and different clothes(hmm...maybe Leonie grows her hairĀ out or it stays shorts hmm...) Edelgard doesn't really look that different except of course her hair and clothes. I mean 5 years isn't that big a gap imo(from games prior having a skip close to it) but the guys? oh yeah I'm expecting more changes for the majority of them maybe not some but I don't see the teachers changing hopefully they do some little trailer for it I'm intrigued so much!

No, I really want the timeskip looks of the characters!

I would pretend I want to be surprised, but I'll probably start playing the game 1-2 days after the release (vacation oops!), so I'm 100% going to look at all the timeskip portraits before I play. Hehe. Cause it might change who I want to play as for my first round.

I'm really hoping some of the less than stellar looking ones shift a lotĀ (Lorenz,Ā Ignatz, RaphaelĀ I'm looking at you).

Ā 

There is actually a pretty good chance that Marie has a crest, het family name is Edmund, Edmund is a character from Shakespeare' King Lear.

Now why does this matter? Well Regan(Claude),Goneril(Hilda),Gloucester(Lorenz) and Cordelia(Lysithea) are all characters from King Lear,and all 4 of them have crests.

I'm sure this theory had been going for a while, that the char with Edmund family name will have a crest, AND Edmund is a place on the map.

So in the bio posted in this thread it says Marianne's the adopted daughter of a duke, but on the characters page it says she's the adopted daughter of an earl. This is actually super important because if the ruler of Edmund is an earl (unlike Gloucester and Goneril which are ruled by dukes), then we can safely cross it out as the fourth crest on the Leicester insignia. Notably, Lysithea is said to be the daughter of the duke of Cordelia, and her crest is not the Cordelia crest.

Edited by Druplesnubb

At this point I think the fourth house of Leicester just doesn't have a corresponding student; so they'll probably be villainous to a certain extent with them clashing with other Houses of the alliance.

I could also see that the next generation of that house is simply too young; and you recruit them post-timeskip.

Edited by HappyHawlucha.

1 hour ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

At this point I think the fourth house of Leicester just doesn't have a corresponding student; so they'll probably be villainous to a certain extent with them clashing with other Houses of the alliance.

I could also see that the next generation of that house is simply too young; and you recruit them post-timeskip.

Perhaps the last house could be the Laus to the Von riegen's Ostia? Leicester in general seems a bit like Lycia and importing the idea of one house being really jealous of the ruling house makes sense.Ā 

12 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Perhaps the last house could be the Laus to the Von riegen's Ostia? Leicester in general seems a bit like Lycia and importing the idea of one house being really jealous of the ruling house makes sense.Ā 

I find it highly unlikely that all 22 crests will be present on playable characters; so I don't see the idea that the fourth crest bearer of Leicester's emblem has to be a member of the Golden Deer. At least 4/5 will be from villains I think, just an estimation, so having a Laus-type Duke; to offset Riegan; Goneril and Gloucester; and prepare the player for later game enemies with crests seems like a good idea.

4 hours ago, Druplesnubb said:

So in the bio posted in this thread it says Marianne's the adopted daughter of a duke, but on the characters page it says she's the adopted daughter of an earl. This is actually super important because if the ruler of Edmund is an earl (unlike Gloucester and Goneril which are ruled by dukes), then we can safely cross it out as the fourth crest on the Leicester insignia. Notably, Lysithea is said to be the daughter of the duke of Cordelia, and her crest is not the Cordelia crest.

As far as the Japanese goes, her family does have a different rank than the others, but Gloucester and Goneril also have different titles in Japanese. (The dictionary I'm using makes GonerilĀ a Duke, Cordelia and Gloucester are Earls, and Edmund is a Margrave).

Bio:

Catherine (CV: Matsuura Chie)
An alumni of the Garegg Mach Officer's Academy, and a member of the Seiros Knights. She is a fearsome swordswoman that wields "Raitei" (Thunder), one of the legendary weapons known as the "Heroes' Relics", and is loyal to Archbishop Rhea.

Second pic:

"My answer was serious. Hahaha!"

Convo:

Catherine: "Excuse me. Lady Rhea, I believe you called."
Rhea: "{She doesn't say the name "Byleth" but it's onscreen} She is Catherine, leader of the knights that shall accompany you."
Catherine: "Nice to meet ya, I've heard about you. Whatever comes up, just rely on us."

Lore post 1:

In the distant past, "Fodlan's Ten Heroes" were warriors given strength by the Goddess. Alongside the "Crests" they received from her, they were also granted holy weapons known as "Heroes' Relics". To use the power lying within the "Relics", one must hold the corresponding Crest.

Lore post 2:

Now, there must be some of you wondering about this, but the rough-looking sword carried by the protagonist is one of the "Heroes' Relics". It is called the "Sword of the Creator". What power is held in this "Relic" that resonates with the protagonist's mysterious Crest?

If you're curious, the JP name of the sword is "Sword of Tentei", lit. "Sword of the Celestial Emperor". Or just "Sword of God".

Yeah, I guess it became obvious her sword wasn't Seiros' when we saw it from closer. The blade was too large.

I can't help but see a future enemy when I look at her. Her crest... I thought it was taken already, but I guess not:
njkqJat.jpg

Edited by Cysx

So she's got the crest of Charon, I wonder if she is closely related to Lysithea or if their bloodlines have been spread far apart.

I wonder what Catherine's relation is to Lysithea then if she also bears the Crest of Charon. Will LysitheaĀ also be able to wield Thunder then as she also bears the Crest or Charon, a bit odd consider she's supposedly a magic user "canonically".

I was just thinking that we might get something the weekends after E3. Cool! I appreciate the lore too, although I feel like the goddess is playing some serious favorites here. "Here's a special bloodline, and special weapons only your bloodline can use". Makes me wonder what happens if you have multiple bloodlines in you.

So she and Lysithea have the same Crests? That's pretty neat; they don't look very similar.

4 minutes ago, Jayvee94 said:

There has been a mention that Edelgard has two bloodlines. Hence the Bone Axe and the Sword of Seiros.

I said that somewhere before, I have a suspicion the Crest of Hraesvelgr is the bloodline for the axe and at some point the empirical bloodline of Adrestia mixed with the Hraesvelgr family, with a male heir, resulting in Hraesvelgr being the family name. That or the OG Seiros married one of her Ten Greats, Hraesvelgr, and the bloodline has been mixed from the get go.