FE Twitter shows new Anna design, some footage (& on-going character profiles)

Jedi

13 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

I doubt there will be 10 saints tbh...I think there will be 6 besides Seiros herself going off the mural where there are 6 hooded figures around Seiros. We will definitely have at least 11, maybe 12 Hero Relics; 10 coming from the Ten Elites themselves; including Edelgard's axe; Dimitri's lance and Claude's bow, as well as the Sword of the Creator; and the wavy sword which seems to be an heirloom of Seiros' bloodline, but Idk if it counts as a Hero Relic as it doesn't appear to have a Crest Stone.

I hope magics will also be part of the Hero Relic lineup. Maybe due to Shields being able to be equipped; you can equip a Hero Relic in the form of a staff or something which when equipped allows for the use of a specific Reason/Faith spell; but can only be equipped by the Crest bearer. That or you get a Hero Relic bearing the "ultimate" spell; and use it on a unit with the same crest allowing for the spell to unlock in said unit's spell list. I would prefer the former as it's more in line with how the Hero Relics would work in universe.

Whatever number of saints there are, I just hope they have something as well. If not relics then at least something special.

Edit: Also, I thought the term 10 Saints had already been established, unless that was a fan-coined term.

Edited by Sentinel07

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, MetalAmethyst said:

(As much as I like Scarlet, I'm not a fan of that scene in Revelations)

tbf, I don't think anyone is.  It's right up there with that stupid trap Corrin fell for, the ghostly apparitions you meet later down the line solely for dramatic effect (damn, now that I think about it, a lot of Revelation felt like filler... or maybe it's just boring), or the one betrayal seemingly everyone predicted would happen.

Though yeah, let's not bog down the thread with comparisons/references to that story.

Anyway, lmao, everyone's talking about how hot Catherine is.  I know I've been looking forward to meeting more of the actual adults in the game, so I hope they do continue showing off the mentors, at the very least.

Though I have to wonder what they'll do after the final batch of students is revealed after next week...  Will they start showing off their future selves like they showed off the house leaders, show off some other characters we haven't seen, or just stop showing characters after a certain point?

3 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

Whatever number of saints there are, I just hope they have something as well. If not relics then at least something special.

Edit: Also, I thought the term 10 Saints had already been established, unless that was a fan-coined term.

It could be that the Ten Elites get the physical Hero Relics and the Six Saints get offensive and defensive magics related to Seiros, making them different enough from one another, although I do wonder why Ferdinand and Bernadetta of all people would inherit spells gameplay wise.

Edited by HappyHawlucha.

54 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

It could be that the Ten Elites get the physical Hero Relics and the Six Saints get offensive and defensive magics related to Seiros, making them different enough from one another, although I do wonder why Ferdinand and Bernadetta of all people would inherit spells gameplay wise.

Yeah, I would hope not, especially since magic is still restricted to certain classes so you'd really have to go out of your way to even use such spells.

So I guess famitsu will drop its next preview tommorow or Tuesday which I'm definitely looking foward to! Of course we now know our last 3 characters for next week but we'll see a preview of the next instructor after Catherine I'm guessing Seteth following the pattern so far.

2 minutes ago, Owain Dark said:

So, next week the last 3 students and then the teachers or (early) plot relevant characters, til release? 

As far as we know: Linhardt, Ingrid, and Leonie will be the last students to be revealed. The other teachers and or other plot relevant characters on the other hand, I don't know.

Edited by MetalAmethyst

You know i was thinking, maybe you can also recruit teachers the same way you do students?

Would explain why you can raise support level with them, and i just think it would be a waste if they just a temporal characters for part 1.

Lets also hope that Cath is not a "sacrificial lamb" char like Phila.

I kind of wonder what "Raitei" will be called in the localization.

I imagine it won't be literally since there is no Japanese setting to justify the term (like Raijinto and Fujin Yumi), but just calling it Thunder or Lightning seems a little simplistic.

1 minute ago, Sentinel07 said:

I kind of wonder what "Raitei" will be called in the localization.

I imagine it won't be literally since there is no Japanese setting to justify the term (like Raijinto and Fujin Yumi), but just calling it Thunder or Lightning seems a little simplistic.

I'll assume that whatever it is called will set the trend for the remainder of the Crest Weapon's names; as apart from the Sword of the Creator; which doesn't come from the 10 Elites; I could see the weapons of the 10 Elites all sharing a naming scheme.

Google translate is the best shit though

"Class of ebony Lynnhard CV: Shun Horie Dumplings from the Hebring family. I hate bondage and love freedom, that is to say, it's extremely troublesome, and in spite of my brain clarity, I sleep every day. However, there is a strong interest in heraldry, and I forgot to eat and sleep in that research. Kaspal has a similar taste and character but has a good relationship."

Edited by User name

I honestly wish the UI would be more visual novel like. The character art for this game is much more beautiful than the models

Spoiler

He's bi. This info is from early development so there could be more male bi options

Linhardt bio

The son of the Earl of Hevring. He hates constraints and loves his freedom, so he does his best to avoid worries and problems, and indulges in lazying about. However, he's got a genuine interest in Crests, and when he gets into his research he can forget to even eat or sleep. Despite their personalities and hobbies being different, he gets along well with Caspar.

[Edit: I think you could also say he tends to find most things bothersome, rather than him trying to avoid problems. I may have been a bit too liberal in my translation. Sorry about that.] 

Linhardt image

Linhardt: I've been thinking of maybe becoming a Crest scholar [someone who studies Crests] in the future.

I'll get back to you on the video. Poor formatting due to being on mobile. 

Video

Description: When the weather is good you just want to relax and take a nap. That's a given. Here is a conversation with Linhardt.

Linhardt: Yaaawn, the Great Tree season is the time of year best suited for a nap. Maybe I should take a break from the assignments too...

Byleth: No, don't do that. [Chosen]

Byleth: It's true, you do get sleepy.

Linhardt: Yeah, I guess... mumble mumble

Edited by Thane

... uh.

... you know, I was expecting a bit more out of him, considering his name.
We'll see how he is in the game I suppose, but his introduction isn't winning him many points afaic.

Edited by Cysx

Tbh I’m liking him more than I thought. I imagined just a snobby posh person from his brief line of dialogue with Caspar in the footage we saw, but him being mostly lazy unless when it comes to something he’s passionate about is a big mood. I’d like to see more of their friendship.

Him and Caspar have a pretty interesting relationship. Those two have opposite traits from one another, but both can be equally as hardworking when it comes to something they're passionate about.

It's strange how his character art looks so nice, yet his model is just horribly bland. 

Honestly, "Aside from my obsessions, I just want to sleep all day" is pretty relatable. I like him more than expected. Maybe I'll let him join the cool kids over in blue lions depending on what our recruitment limit is.

3 hours ago, User name said:

I hate bondage and love freedom

I didn't realize we'd be learning about the characters' sexual preferences :Kappa:

At least he is the freedom-lover while Caspar is the justice-lover.  Confirmed American patriots, we have here.  Now we just need to get those two, Kempf, Arthur, and Percy in a room together.

Also...

Lynnhard... with two N's...

When did Valkyria Chronicles get mixed with Fire Emblem?  And when did Lynn become hard?

2 hours ago, redlight said:

Him and Caspar have a pretty interesting relationship.

At first I read "interesting" as "intense", and it made me think of that one time JK Rowling talked about Dumbledore having a sexual relationship with Grindelwald.  And while my mind may be in the gutter right now, your previous comment about him doesn't help with that, lmao

Anyway...

I was definitely not expecting the kind of personality that he has.  I was expecting snobbish, uptight... instead, he's a snooze who's incredibly carefree, virtually the opposite of what I expected.  It was mostly the look on his face in his portrait... I guess you can't judge a book by its cover.

I might end up liking him.  I know I liked Mitama, who was similarly sleepy and carefree.

4 hours ago, Mysterique Sign said:

Website updated (but still doesn't have Catherine...), his full name is Linhardt von Hevring

Yes it does, it's had her updated since sunday at least, probably saturday. They've even correctly moved her from the "Church of Seiros" to the "Knights of Seiros" section.

Edited by Druplesnubb