FE Twitter shows new Anna design, some footage (& on-going character profiles)

Jedi

2 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

I'd prefer if we got one more after this, we'll definitely get more timeskip details next article after they reveal all the students bios this week, they'll probably give us some post-timeskip designs in that one to "replace" the bios for the students, I really hope they don't go too spoilery tho.

honestly, there is a part of me that would have liked them to keep the timeskip a secret until launch, like, how cool would it have been if we were just playing, hit chapter 12 but instead it's an endgame, then after the chapter, "five years later", "in the history of class reunions, this is probably the worst"

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

honestly, there is a part of me that would have liked them to keep the timeskip a secret until launch, like, how cool would it have been if we were just playing, hit chapter 12 but instead it's an endgame, then after the chapter, "five years later", "in the history of class reunions, this is probably the worst"

I would've loved that too but unfortunately if they built up the school setting and only the school setting until launch it wouldn't have got as many people interested as they did after the revealed the timeskip, it's making FE fans who were completely uninterested with the Academy concept excited for the game, and that was totally the intention by releasing that trailer and revealing the timeskip.

4 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

The game would NOT have been as interesting without the reveal. A lot of people were already incredibly wary about the school setting and that it was just going to be the entire focus (even if I thought it was obvious from the first trailer there was going to be another part thanks to Edelgard's end line). I think the timeskip was a very needed reveal to show that it is a traditional FE game to the traditionalists who were worried and it was important for the non FE fans who literally thought Three Houses was "that school game?" until the newest trailer and they're like, "Oh, that looks cool!" 

It's cool as a player, but from an advertising stand point, it's an awful idea to leave it a secret. 

Lol. @HappyHawlucha. A second before me.

Edited by Kiran_

2 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I agree, however I think the timeskip reveal was definitely a way to build hype. I saw a lot more people become interested in 3H after the direct trailer, including both apprehensive FE fans and some non-fans who saw FE as an anime dating simulator with srpg gameplay still.

6 minutes ago, Azz said:

I agree, however I think the timeskip reveal was definitely a way to build hype. I saw a lot more people become interested in 3H after the direct trailer, including both apprehensive FE fans and some non-fans who saw FE as an anime dating simulator with srpg gameplay still.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit weary about this pre reveal, but I had already preordered the SE by then so I was buying it regardless, though it probably would have turned into a genealogy situation where you have a really cool twist mid way through but everyone already knows about it after three months at least, I'll just say, I do slightly envy those who don't know about the timeskip, until the heartbreak that will ensue when they realize that the whole game isn't the dating sim they were promised.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

16 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

I'd prefer if we got one more after this, we'll definitely get more timeskip details next article after they reveal all the students bios this week, they'll probably give us some post-timeskip designs in that one to "replace" the bios for the students, I really hope they don't go too spoilery tho. As long as I get some info on magic and the Hero Relics and maybe some Advanced Classes I'll be a happy bunny.

Hero Relics and Advanced Classes are pretty much the 2 things I want to know the most about right now.

1 hour ago, Sentinel07 said:

Hero Relics and Advanced Classes are pretty much the 2 things I want to know the most about right now.

Pretty much my thoughts,. Hero Relics, Crests and Advanced Classes are the three main things I want to see in the next Famitsu issue. Anything else is just a nice bonus. Though, while I doubt it would happen, I think it would be cool if they showed us a glimse of the support list for the Golden Deers.

1 hour ago, Kiran_ said:

The game would NOT have been as interesting without the reveal. A lot of people were already incredibly wary about the school setting and that it was just going to be the entire focus (even if I thought it was obvious from the first trailer there was going to be another part thanks to Edelgard's end line). I think the timeskip was a very needed reveal to show that it is a traditional FE game to the traditionalists who were worried and it was important for the non FE fans who literally thought Three Houses was "that school game?" until the newest trailer and they're like, "Oh, that looks cool!" 

It's cool as a player, but from an advertising stand point, it's an awful idea to leave it a secret.

Sadly, I have to agree. Before the timeskip was revealed, I saw many people suddenly get way more interested in this game, not the least those who weren`t sold on the school setting. So not showing more of it is a terrible marketing stratergy. I also believe that the reveal was needed so that interest in the game would still be there, since the game comes out in a little over a month.

I`m of two minds about this. On one hand, I`d love for the post-timeskip designs for the other students to be a surprise for when the game comes out. On the other hand, I REALLY want to know what some of the students look like five years later (Ingrid, Sylvain, and Petra just to name a few). So I can`t decide if I want Famitsu to include those designs or not.

1 hour ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I'd prefer if we got one more after this, we'll definitely get more timeskip details next article after they reveal all the students bios this week, they'll probably give us some post-timeskip designs in that one to "replace" the bios for the students, I really hope they don't go too spoilery tho.

Same, I don`t want to know too much about the plot before the game comes out. Since there is still a while until the game comes out, I could see them release two more issues with Three Houses info. Though like you, I would prefer only one, if only to avoid too many spoilers.

While I found Linhardt`s profile slightly underwealming and him rather meh, he seems like he could be a neat character. It is nice to see that people can relate to him regardless. Cathrine looks great, hope she is romanceble, though still has supports with other characters.

11 hours ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

I would've loved that too but unfortunately if they built up the school setting and only the school setting until launch it wouldn't have got as many people interested as they did after the revealed the timeskip, it's making FE fans who were completely uninterested with the Academy concept excited for the game, and that was totally the intention by releasing that trailer and revealing the timeskip. 

That's me. I was very lukewarm to the game until the E3 trailer this year. It's a Fire Emblem game so I'd probably buy it anyway (I'll give the series a chance to redeam itself after Fates)  but I wasn't too hot on the idea of the school setting being so central. The timeskip trailer builds hype for a lot of drama that I just didn't expect from the released material before now.

I am dedicated to knowing as little as possible about the plot as possible from now on, however. There is still plenty of intrigue left provided people stop casually posting spoilers from the leak

Edited by NekoKnight

6 minutes ago, Jakalak said:

https://imgur.com/78gn4gB

So the latest issue of the Nintendo Dream magazine comes with some cipher cards and Three Houses posters... but if you zoom in on the character poster you can see three character portraits we have yet to be shown.

Oh, nice one. I didn't think they'd have anything new, haha.

Two of them look like the guy with white eyes and maybe the guy with black eyes? The girl with pointy ears or hair is definitely new though.

Just now, VincentASM said:

Oh, nice one. I didn't think they'd have anything new, haha.

Two of them look like the guy with white eyes and maybe the guy with black eyes? The girl with pointy ears or hair is definitely new though.

I think that girl is the orange hair/eyed one who had the close up on her eye during the second trailer.

She also might be the silhouette from the recent trailer that was getting choked.

Plus we see the last 2 halfbody portraits of Ingrid and Leonie the fact that Leonie has both hands on her hips(so called that) increase her waifu points for me gives me Chie vives!

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

13 minutes ago, Jakalak said:

https://imgur.com/78gn4gB

So the latest issue of the Nintendo Dream magazine comes with some cipher cards and Three Houses posters... but if you zoom in on the character poster you can see three character portraits we have yet to be shown.

Yup, these are new. Confirms that pink man is a baddie, how unfortunate! Also there are names, but I don't think we're going to work these ones out...

Leonie's art has some weird proportions at that size by the way.

2 minutes ago, Jakalak said:

I think that girl is the orange hair/eyed one who had the close up on her eye during the second trailer.

She also might be the silhouette from the recent trailer that was getting choked.

Oh, that makes sense. The fringe does look kinda similar.

That said, I wonder what's going on between the two? From their arrangement in the poster, it looks like they're on the same side. Is there in-fighting going on or is she actually being saved or something?

17 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Yup, these are new. Confirms that pink man is a baddie, how unfortunate! Also there are names, but I don't think we're going to work these ones out...

Leonie's art has some weird proportions at that size by the way.

Doesn't look weird to me

15 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

That said, I wonder what's going on between the two? From their arrangement in the poster, it looks like they're on the same side. Is there in-fighting going on or is she actually being saved or something?

I'm going to go with a 'You have failed me for the last time' or a 'You have outlived your usefulness' being the preceding line to the choking.

21 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

We can really only speculate of course, but I can think of a couple scenarios. Maybe she’s the abused type? Treated terribly and works almost as a slave to her masters. Maybe she’s just evil but is being strangled for failing in her duty after a defeat by the player. Maybe she’s just insane.

Who knows!

Based on how all of those stickers are of characters revealed to us on twitter, I’m assuming that we can expect bios for those other three villains possibly next week

1 minute ago, Azz said:

Based on how all of those stickers are of characters revealed to us on twitter, I’m assuming that we can expect bios for those other three villains possibly next week

Makes sense we got some for Death Knight and Flame Emperor they also gotta fill the remaining weeks somehow.

I could totally see them doing updated bios for each student post timeskip for the weeks till release but I hope not since I don't wanna be spoiled on every students timeskip transition tbh.

4 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

I could totally see them doing updated bios for each student post timeskip for the weeks till release but I hope not since I don't wanna be spoiled on every students timeskip transition tbh.

Me to, though I would be fine with seeing some of them, just not all of them. Also, nice find Jakalak.

8 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Don't know if they would have alot of time if they're still doing it every other day in the week with an instructor on the weekend they could just make a small trailer on that and update the site with new images.

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

20 minutes ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

Makes sense we got some for Death Knight and Flame Emperor they also gotta fill the remaining weeks somehow.

If we're lucky, they may just drop all 3 during the weekend, like Flame Emperor and Death Knight. However, we would have a pretty empty week afterwards, so...

14 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Hmm, while I'd like to see them, I'd imagine they'd hold back that info. Gives players more of a reason to buy the game. Right now, we know about the time skip and we've seen the new appearances for the 3 House Leaders, which is like the carrot on the stick. It would be kinda pointless to just give us the carrot now XD

20 hours ago, thecrimsonflash said:

Yeah I sorta agree with this, but at the same time I'm glad they told us there would be a timeskip so people would stop judging this game for things like it taking place in a academy or it having an avatar. 

Edit: Also no, I don't see them telling us any more about the post timeskip. I assume they would want the players to find out more about that themselves. 

Edited by Rose482