FE Twitter shows new Anna design, some footage (& on-going character profiles)

Jedi

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah she's another MC like character, repaing debt and becoming the best mercenery, i bet she wants to become the next arcbishop too!

Believe it!

Hell she even comes from the village too....

Edited by User name

Bio:

[Golden Deer] Leonie (CV: Nogawa Sakura)

The daughter of a hunter, hailing from a village called Sawin within the Alliance. To become a mercenary and make money, she borrowed money from her village to enroll in the Officer's Academy. To repay her gratitude and debt to her fellow villagers, she trains hard every day and lives modestly. She calls Jeralt her master, as he inspired her to be a mercenary, and calls herself his top disciple.

Second pic:

"If you let your guard down, I'll pass you in no time, so prepare yourself!"

Convo:

"I'm master's top disciple. I don't want to lose to even you, teacher. I've only been taught for a short time so far. Even so, he's my only master."

20 hours ago, User name said:

Yeah she's another MC like character, repaing debt and becoming the best mercenery, i bet she wants to become the next arcbishop too!

Believe it!

It'll be pretty strange for someone who used primarily physical weapons to aim for Archbishop. dattebayo

She reminds me of a Sully/Kjelle type, which isn't usually my favorite in a character. Plus I just don't really like her hair at all. But she's got a cute portrait (I like her stance/outfit). So I'm hoping they do more with her than "struggling female character who is always competing to be the best especially against the men". Also I hope her hair is different time-skip. I don't mind the short cut, I just want it styled differently. I hope they don't give her long hair.

So she really is centered around Jeralt. This might be a problem later down the road; won't it be weird for her to still be around if he dies, or even turns on us?
Hoping they don't drop the ball on this one.

Beyond that, she doesn't seem to be needlessly tomboyish, which I appreciate. I might bite myself later for saying it, but character gimmicks seem way more subdued this time around, which, to me, is good news.

Anyway! We're still more than a month away; what will they do from now on?

Edited by Cysx

If she doesn't act excessively boyish she could be fun, also the fact that probably Jeralt is not making it (either because he's evil or just dead) is a chance to have depth in the character.

Here's to hoping that she grows out her hair post-timeskip (hopefully without any stupid style, just normal long hair, maybe a bit uncombed).

6 minutes ago, timon said:

If she doesn't act excessively boyish she could be fun, also the fact that probably Jeralt is not making it (either because he's evil or just dead) is a chance to have depth in the character.

Here's to hoping that she grows out her hair post-timeskip (hopefully without any stupid style, just normal long hair, maybe a bit uncombed).

Is the part about Jeralt revealed by Nintendo officially or is it from the leak by Thanibomb....?

11 minutes ago, zuibangde said:

Is the part about Jeralt revealed by Nintendo officially or is it from the leak by Thanibomb....?

It's an expectation because Fire Emblem parents don't have the best track record of survival. Not leak-related. 

So Ingrid is an Otome heroine, Leonie is a standard heroine. So who's Black Eagles true heroine ? Dorothy seems a good pick. The comonner in a noble setting, trying to impress her role model and succeed as a singer. 

Just now, Disclaimer said:

It's an expectation because Fire Emblem parents don't have the best track record of survival. Not leak-related. 

Oh ok phew. I can't distinguish between leaks, predictions or leaks disguised as predictions so I was slightly on edge. People have been generally good about spoiler tagging things though.

40 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Anyway! We're still more than a month away; what will they do from now on?

Since NoA and Nintendo HK are still releasing character information, I'd imagine Nintendo would want all of their official channels to release the same amount of information before the game's launch. Nintendo HK is the slowest and just posted Dedue's bio on their facebook yesterday. However, Nintendo HK is also releasing character info on almost a daily basis...so there is a chance that we will have more character bios...but I wouldn't expect too much?

21 minutes ago, zuibangde said:

Pure "speculation", but I mean, he's a dad in Fire Emblem, and "his son" is basically the bearer of the fire emblem itself, I don't see him making it to the end.

That's how I see the possibilities:

1. Jeralt is actually who he says he is, and he was entrusted with Byleth (so not his actual father), maybe doesn't even know about Byleth's powers. Anyway if that's the situation he probably dies as a hero.

2. Jeralt is disguised as a random mercenary knight to protect his son. That's maybe the only way he's surviving (if he's some kind of god)? But he probably dies anyway.

3. Jeralt is disguised as a random mercenary knight to control Byleth from up close (he's evil/working for someone evil). If that's the case he dies a horrible death.

In any case, Byleth is basically a half god, so Jeralt is hiding something (or he's normal and just the mother is godly, a la Percy Jackson, but it's not a very fire emblem-y plot).

11 minutes ago, Tamanoir said:

So Ingrid is an Otome heroine, Leonie is a standard heroine. So who's Black Eagles true heroine ? Dorothy seems a good pick. The comonner in a noble setting, trying to impress her role model and succeed as a singer. 

I wonder, Dorothea is probably fairly rich thanks to her successful singing career. Maybe.
... actually, this bios stating that there is a hefty entry fee to the academy puts a lot of things into perspective. It implies that everybody(besides Leonie) is wealthy to some extent.

6 minutes ago, timon said:

Pure "speculation", but I mean, he's a dad in Fire Emblem, and "his son" is basically the bearer of the fire emblem itself, I don't see him making it to the end.

That's how I see the possibilities:

1. Jeralt is actually who he says he is, and he was entrusted with Byleth (so not his actual father), maybe doesn't even know about Byleth's powers. Anyway if that's the situation he probably dies as a hero.

2. Jeralt is disguised as a random mercenary knight to protect his son. That's maybe the only way he's surviving (if he's some kind of god)? But he probably dies anyway.

3. Jeralt is disguised as a random mercenary knight to control Byleth from up close (he's evil/working for someone evil). If that's the case he dies a horrible death.

In any case, Byleth is basically a half god, so Jeralt is hiding something (or he's normal and just the mother is godly, a la Percy Jackson, but it's not a very fire emblem-y plot).

Let's not forget, Jeralt is said to be the strongest knight ever. Not even Greil was explicitely presented as such, I believe. We haven't seen much of him, but it's unlikely he's insignificant compared to Byleth.

From when she first appeared I didn't really like her, but now that the designs are pretty much finalized she looks rather cute. If only Claude would have had the amount of swag Dimitri has post time skip then I'd have picked GD first. Still my second choice for houses though.

She’s nice, I just hope she doesn’t become a Sully 2.0. But her whole thing with Greil might be interesting

19 minutes ago, Cysx said:

I wonder, Dorothea is probably fairly rich thanks to her successful singing career. Maybe.
... actually, this bios stating that there is a hefty entry fee to the academy puts a lot of things into perspective. It implies that everybody(besides Leonie) is wealthy to some extent.

I’m sure nobles get in easily and as for our commoners, like you said Dorothea was a singer (I believe they said she was rather famous too), Ashe is a noble’s son technically, Dimitri probably got Dedue in and both Raphael and Ignatz are merchants’ sons so Leonie probably was the only one who actually struggled to get in...

Thani Leaks:

Spoiler

Thani did say that GD weren’t as full of commoners as they and Leonie was effectively the only real commoner in the group so this kinda further proves that

6 minutes ago, Azz said:
  Hide contents

Thani did say that GD weren’t as full of commoners as they and Leonie was effectively the only real commoner in the group so this kinda further proves that

Spoiler

I'm aware actually, but that sounds like she misunderstood more than anything else, as being a commoner in this game has little to do with wealth, it's a heritage thing.

I'm still surprised Raphael has money to spare, though. Depending on how old he was when his parents died(we're led to believe it was a long time ago), the most likely outcome is that he would have lost everything, rather than him becoming the new CEO. I kinda want to hear more about his story now.

Edited by Cysx

5 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Hide contents

I'm aware actually, but that sounds like she misunderstood more than anything else, as being a commoner in this game has little to do with wealth, it's a heritage thing.

I'm still surprised Raphael has money to spare, though. Depending on how old he was when his parents died(we're led to believe it was a long time ago), the most likely outcome is that he would have lost everything, rather than him becoming the new CEO. I kinda want to hear more about his story now.

It could be a relative took over the family business and taking care of him.

1 hour ago, Cysx said:

Let's not forget, Jeralt is said to be the strongest knight ever. Not even Greil was explicitely presented as such, I believe. We haven't seen much of him, but it's unlikely he's insignificant compared to Byleth.

We've briefly seen what Catherine can do.  Now imagine what the strongest knight in the history of the Church can do.