FE Twitter shows new Anna design, some footage (& on-going character profiles)

Jedi

Aaaaaah, Leonie is so cool, I'll definitely try to kidnap her when I play with the Blue Lions. If one of her S-support turns out like Sully-Chrom "I look like a boi, but me woman, you man, let's marry" I'm gonna throw my switch away and then get it back. Please don't be a Sully.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Owain Dark said:

The thing with Rhapy and Iggy is, merchant families were most likely richer than your usual commoner family, thats why Raphs parents got attack and killed. Such things happend and still happen in rl

Weren't Raphs parents killed for being really tasty? I believe they were eaten by monsters rather than robbed by bandits. Ignaz even gets a bit uncomfortable about it when mentioning monsters are attacking merchants during the treehouse section. 

8 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Weren't Raphs parents killed for being really tasty? I believe they were eaten by monsters rather than robbed by bandits. Ignaz even gets a bit uncomfortable about it when mentioning monsters are attacking merchants during the treehouse section. 

Yeah, I think Raphs parents were killed by Terror, not sure tho. 

And who wouldn't be uncomfortable, if you hear Terrors kill people? 

1 hour ago, Cysx said:

It implies that everybody(besides Leonie) is wealthy to some extent.

It's subtle world building that even though the monastery accepts commoners, they only make up a small selection of the student body. Even the Golden Deer which has the most, only has 3. This shows that while they're relatively progressive compared to some settings, the elites are composed of people from wealthy upbringings, which not coincidentally, are usually nobles. If that wasn't bad enough (in the sense that people are born unequal), manynoble students have crests and commoners do not.

1 hour ago, Cysx said:

Let's not forget, Jeralt is said to be the strongest knight ever. Not even Greil was explicitely presented as such, I believe. We haven't seen much of him, but it's unlikely he's insignificant compared to Byleth.

Greil is the one who taught the Black Knight, more or less the strongest human in Tellius after a mature Ike, and the Black Knight seemed to have considered Greil in his prime to be a worthy opponent. I'd say they're fairly equal in how renowned they are.

16 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

It's subtle world building that even though the monastery accepts commoners, they only make up a small selection of the student body. Even the Golden Deer which has the most, only has 3. This shows that while they're relatively progressive compared to some settings, the elites are composed of people from wealthy upbringings, which not coincidentally, are usually nobles. If that wasn't bad enough (in the sense that people are born unequal), manynoble students have crests and commoners do not.

Greil is the one who taught the Black Knight, more or less the strongest human in Tellius after a mature Ike, and the Black Knight seemed to have considered Greil in his prime to be a worthy opponent. I'd say they're fairly equal in how renowned they are.

Greil was also one of the 4 riders of Daein, dunno if he was the strongest. 

-Although I seen her already she gives me massive Chie vibes!💕

-I guess now that all the house members have been revealed now it's appropriate to now say: EVERYONE IS HERE!!!!! It's been a long road!

-The JP marketing has been REALLY great for this game hopefully for the west it picks up!

-Since we don't have a preview for an instructor either they'll get shadow dropped or the 3 other villains are next. I'm going with the latter being next and will all get bios at once like the Flame Emperor and Death Knight did.

46 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

I'd say the "ever" part is pretty important though, as we have no way to tell if Greil ever came close to Altina(I'm not sure even Ike could dual wield the Ragnell and the Alondite effectively), and in Fodlàn, we already have some strong competitors from the past too. The implication being that Jeralt is stronger than Seiros and Nemesis, and both look pretty formidable.

... makes me wonder if they're not overselling Jeralt a little.

Just now, Cysx said:

I'd say the "ever" part is pretty important though, as we have no way to tell if Greil ever came close to Altina(I'm not sure even Ike could dual wield the Ragnell and the Alondite effectively), and in Fodlàn, we already have some strong competitors from the past too. The implication being that Jeralt is stronger than Seiros and Nemesis, and both look pretty formidable.

... makes me wonder if they're not overselling Jeralt a little.

I'd take the accolades with a grain of salt. I don't think anyone has an objective metric for what makes someone "the strongest person in the history of ever". Perhaps one could interpret that as Jeralt having an extensive history fighting battles with the Seiros knights and him being the strongest knight in living memory. It's unlikely anyone has the stat sheet for Seiros and Nemesis to compare.

Edited by NekoKnight

23 minutes ago, BastienSoul said:

https://twitter.com/FireEmblemJP/status/1142009946311032833?s=19

I think that this should be posted here. I believe that this is information about the main theme. It seems to be from Edelgard's perspective, so she's probably the 'main' Lord.

Damn, so much for my Rhea theory I guess, unless it can also be applied to her somehow, though that is a major stretch.

This is cool though, we're really approaching the release. 35 days remain.

6 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

I'd take the accolades with a grain of salt. I don't think anyone has an objective metric for what makes someone "the strongest person in the history of ever". Perhaps one could interpret that as Jeralt having an extensive history fighting battles with the Seiros knights and him being the strongest knight in living memory. It's unlikely anyone has the stat sheet for Seiros and Nemesis to compare.

Well, logically, yes, that doesn't really work, on top of him being the strongest "knight" as opposed to more general terms like man or warrior. Still, ever means what it means...

...but I can agree that it probably shouldn't be taken that literally.

Edited by Cysx

7 minutes ago, DuckPhoenix said:

They seem fine. 

Seems like they are releasing this now a little faster than before.

Yeah, I think they post 3 students each Friday, so every student has the bio translated/released before launch

*Edit: theyve posted 3 students also 2 days ago, guess they really hurry up now, to reveal the characters 

Edited by Owain Dark

The french Facebook page does the same. It seems they finally woke up and make the reveals faster.

It's a shame, because I really loved how it was done with the japanese Twitter. It was exciting to jump on Twitter every two days to discover someone, and it had more infos and a video to listen to their voices. It really built up the hype. (Btw, I'm not totally sold on the japanese voices. Too many high pitches. Maybe it's because they want to contrast with the time-skip voices, which could be deeper. But I think I'm still going for the english VA).

6 minutes ago, Clathy said:

The french Facebook page does the same. It seems they finally woke up and make the reveals faster.

It's a shame, because I really loved how it was done with the japanese Twitter. It was exciting to jump on Twitter every two days to discover someone, and it had more infos and a video to listen to their voices. It really built up the hype. (Btw, I'm not totally sold on the japanese voices. Too many high pitches. Maybe it's because they want to contrast with the time-skip voices, which could be deeper. But I think I'm still going for the english VA).

Imagine we'd get Euro voice cast, like in RD, and a garbage one like in RD lol

In before her post-timeskip design has Jeralt’s haircut.

15 hours ago, Cysx said:

Beyond that, she doesn't seem to be needlessly tomboyish, which I appreciate. I might bite myself later for saying it, but character gimmicks seem way more subdued this time around, which, to me, is good news.

I dunno, between supports, character paralogues, dinner convos, stroll convos, choir practice, the anonymous problem box, lost items, and the rest, that’s a looot of text boxes the writers will have to fill. I’ll be impressed if they can do it without falling back on gimmicks like in the past.

Edited by Lynsanity

So Leonie seems to be from a village called Samhain and if they pronounce it as sam-hane rather than sow-in (ow being like 'ow that hurt') I'll crack...

1 hour ago, Azz said:

So Leonie seems to be from a village called Samhain and if they pronounce it as sam-hane rather than sow-in (ow being like 'ow that hurt') I'll crack...

They did get the pronunciation of Leicester correct (unlike most Youtubers...), but weird old English has nothing on Irish letter combinations. Hopefully you don't... craic... too bad...