FE Twitter shows new Anna design, some footage (& on-going character profiles)

Jedi

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Mercedes' long lost brother is the Flame Emperor, probably with a grudge against Adrestia and/or the Church because of their family's presumed disgrace. 

Caspar mentioned how strong Jeritza was in his own twitter bio, along with a teacher who went missing. Could be that teacher'll be related to him in some way, maybe his accomplice the Death Knight, or a victim.

...Man, suddenly my skepticism of Tomas' similarities to Solon are melting away. All the faculty are bad guys.

8 minutes ago, Jayvee94 said:

It's said he teaches fencing. However, we've never seen him in seminars.

Doubt he'll be available for faculty training; he strikes me as a story based unit.

26 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

I personally don't think he's the flame emperor. A little too obvious.

If you look at FE villain designs and some personalities in the series they're anything BUT subtle.

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

1 hour ago, Jayvee94 said:

It's likely that the number of teachers who hold Seminars increases over time. In the recent saves of the game being showed off to reporters/youtubers, Seminars can be held by:

• Byleth (C Swords, D+ Authority)
  • Seteth (C Lances, C Authority)
  • Hanneman (D Bows, C Reason)
  • Manuela (???) [I think D Swords, C Faith]
  • Catherine (???) [I think B Swords, D+ Fighting]

In the E3 Treehouse footage, meanwhile, the list is:

• Byleth (C+ Swords, B Authority)
  • Seteth (B Lances, C+ Authority)
  • Hanneman (D+ Bows, B Reason)
  • Manuela (D+ Swords, B Faith)
  • Gilbert (C Lances, C Axes)
  • Alois (B Axes, C Fighting)
  • Catherine (B+ Swords, C Fighting)
  • Shamir (C Lances, B+ Bows)

You might even need to complete quests to unlock a character's Seminar, though that's just my speculation.

Edited by LSM

This one went riiiight over my head, didn't even bother to check before I left.

I wonder if he was visible in some corner at some point, and we all missed him.

19 minutes ago, Cysx said:

This one went riiiight over my head, didn't even bother to check before I left.

I wonder if he was visible in some corner at some point, and we all missed him.

He was referenced by Caspar in his bio video, and we all wondered who Jeritza was. But that's the only time we've seen his existence alluded to.

I immediately thought "he's the flame emperor". Man, I really hate masks, it's even worse when they're half-assed like this one. It's like he can't decide whether he wants to disguise himself or not.

I googled the name back when Caspar first mentioned it and only found an opera singer by the name of Maria Jeritza. Wo do know there's an opera house in Adrestia, so maybe he's connected to that. Or, more speculative, if he's a crest bearer wielding Lohengrin, that would also be the name of the play in which Maria Jeritza gave her stage debut.

23 minutes ago, Disclaimer said:

He was referenced by Caspar in his bio video, and we all wondered who Jeritza was. But that's the only time we've seen his existence alluded to.

Yup yup, I did see your mention of that, it's just that camera angles can be treacherous, and he's standing in a place very close to where the E3 build started players if I'm not mistaken.

... then again that video takes place during the first(?) month of the story, so he's probably standing somewhere else by month 8. If he's still around to begin with.
... yeah, the Geeks & Com' one goes straight for that door behind him, and he's not there.

14 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Yup yup, I did see your mention of that, it's just that camera angles can be treacherous, and he's standing in a place very close to where the E3 build started players if I'm not mistaken.

... then again that video takes place during the first(?) month of the story, so he's probably standing somewhere else by month 8. If he's still around to begin with.
... yeah, the Geeks & Com' one goes straight for that door behind him, and he's not there.

Seems intended to be a very mysterious and aloof character (*cough* totally not the Flame Emperor *cough*), so it's not surprising he'd come and go and be difficult to place. 

Plus, it seems like most characters will have fairly dynamic placement in the Monastery. It is curious that his portrait has never been visible in any menus, but then again, we only glimpsed characters like Gilbert, Shamir, and Rodrigue's portraits once. 

5 hours ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

If you look at FE villain designs and some personalities in the series they're anything BUT subtle.

Sure, but I don't find him toooooo obviously the Flame Emperor. For all we know its Manuela.

I don't get it, he's being associated with the Flame Emperor why, because they both wear masks? Why would a character have a mask for their alter ego and then a mask for their regular appearance? I think IS are just doubling down on mystery elements for the school setting (people being spirited away, etc), and masked characters are easy intrigue.

I get more Conrad vibes from him. The resemblance to Mercedes and her having defected from the Adrestian Empire is an interesting thread. 

Besides I want Alois to be the Flame Emperor

In the E3 Treehouse footage we also saw the Flame Emperor wielding an Axe. If Jeritza  is a fencing instructor [and is it definitely fencing, as in swords, or is that a translation thing where it could apply to duelling with any weapon?] then the Axe seems... inelegant for him.  

51 minutes ago, Lynsanity said:

I don't get it, he's being associated with the Flame Emperor why, because they both wear masks? Why would a character have a mask for their alter ego and then a mask for their regular appearance? I think IS are just doubling down on mystery elements for the school setting (people being spirited away, etc), and masked characters are easy intrigue.

I get more Conrad vibes from him. The resemblance to Mercedes and her having defected from the Adrestian Empire is an interesting thread. 

Besides I want Alois to be the Flame Emperor

I get Conrad from him too. I don’t think he’s the Flame emperor I think he’s keeping his little sister safe from the Flame Emperor.

I haven’t been keeping track but do who know why Mercedes’s family is now commoners in another country? If that’s correct I can’t recall.

If not then Jeritza might be the cause so he’d hiding his identity to keep from ruining his family reputation even more.

1 hour ago, LSM said:

In the E3 Treehouse footage we also saw the Flame Emperor wielding an Axe. If Jeritza  is a fencing instructor [and is it definitely fencing, as in swords, or is that a translation thing where it could apply to duelling with any weapon?] then the Axe seems... inelegant for him.   

That's exactly why I don't think he will be the Flame Emperor.

9 hours ago, Jayvee94 said:

His name was first mentioned by Caspar in his introduction video. He said he was sparing with Ielitza Sensei so at the very least he is a actual teacher.

Flame Emperor would be weird, in a way it's too obvious, in another way it's completely random: a masked villain doesn't usually go around with a mask even when he's not playing villain, and as pointed out he's a sword guy not an axe guy.

I have a theory: let's say he's related to Mercedes because they're very similar, I think he might be there to investigate, keep an eye or force her sister(?) back in the family. Mercedes seems like the girl who doesn't like being a noble, and maybe treating people like they are lesser (and the empire does look like it's very heavily noble-based), maybe her family didn't like that decision, or maybe they were just looking for her after she ran away.

6 minutes ago, timon said:

Flame Emperor would be weird, in a way it's too obvious, in another way it's completely random: a masked villain doesn't usually go around with a mask even when he's not playing villain, and as pointed out he's a sword guy not an axe guy.

I have a theory: let's say he's related to Mercedes because they're very similar, I think he might be there to investigate, keep an eye or force her sister(?) back in the family. Mercedes seems like the girl who doesn't like being a noble, and maybe treating people like they are lesser (and the empire does look like it's very heavily noble-based), maybe her family didn't like that decision, or maybe they were just looking for her after she ran away.

Agreed about the Mercedes part. Hair color, eye color, and the black bow are too many similarities for it to be a coincidence. I feel like that either he’s there to protect Mercedes or he was the cause of their family being forced to relocate to Faerghus and the mask is more-so a disguise from the empire perhaps?