FE Twitter shows new Anna design, some footage (& on-going character profiles)

Jedi

4 minutes ago, redlight said:

Seems like this is it

Or that something big is coming...

Quick question: I only just realized twitter update is usually on 1600 Japan time, why is that? 1600 sounds like such a strange time for game updates, why isn't it like 0800 or 0900 in the morning?

On the other hand, 1600 Japan time is 0000 US Pacific time. Almost feel like it's synchronized to US rather than in Japan.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Timlugia said:

Or that something big is coming...

Quick question: I only just realized twitter update is usually on 1600 Japan time, why is that? 1600 sounds like such a strange time for game updates, why isn't it like 0800 or 0900 in the morning?

On the other hand, 1600 Japan time is 0000 US Pacific time. Almost feel like it's synchronized to US rather than in Japan.

Most updates on JP twitter accounts or mobile games happen around 3/4pm JST, because that's when work finishes and people can check their phones, haha.

Maybe they're just slowing down...? Makes one wonder why last saturday had a reveal, though.

In any case, if we got Artur, I'd assume Rodrigue is happening too, sooner or later.

Edit: Meant Tomas, sorry my bad

Edited by Cysx

So....i guess we have "officialy" ran out off character to introduce.

The ones left are Rodrigue and Anna,those are the monastery guys.

And we usually get 4 reveals per week.

So on last week before release we are probably,definitely, most certainly going to get those two AND Seiros and Nemesis.

Unless there are more bad guys to reveal, and I don't think that Costas is important character, he probably dies in ch1 or ch2.

Edited by User name

5 hours ago, User name said:

So....i guess we have "officialy" ran out off character to introduce.

The ones left are Rodrigue and Anna,those are the monastery guys.

And we usually get 4 reveals per week.

So on last week before release we are probably,definitely, most certainly going to get those two AND Seiros and Nemesis.

Unless there are more bad guys to reveal, and I don't think that Costas is important character, he probably dies in ch1 or ch2.

Lonato, Ashe's adoptive father, seems relevant enough to introduce.

My assumption is that we've met all the recruitable characters (+ slithery villains, shared between the routes), at least recruitable in the school phase, until IS does a thing to dissuade me of this idea.

I imagine we have an Gatoh or someone late game that's a surprise of some kind, and possibly recruitments unique to war phase in each house that aren't known yet. But that this is the starting pack of info (with other announces after release).

Since this is the "Japanese news" thread, I figure this should go here.

Not sure if it was posted already but we see Dimitri post skip at the end in what looks to be his promoted class. And most importantly, this also confirms him as Zephiel's spinny heir.

25 minutes ago, MetalAmethyst said:

Does anyone still think there could still be a profile reveal, or not?

Depends on what's reveal in this famitsu issue since it obviously confirmed new characters but its probably just all the teachers/knights, Flayn and Cyril. MAYBE Rodrigue will appear as well.

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

1 hour ago, Hauke said:

So no Blue Lions video narrated by Dimitri today? 😞

I swear to God, if NoA seriously just makes that Black Eagles video and no others, then their marketing team is even more incompetent than I gave them credit for.

Curious if there'll be a surprise article following the usual one with post timeskip designs like last time. I wonder what the personal skills of these characters are

Just saw another new commercial on NoA Facebook, this time a male narrator.

About house narration, it's possible that VA for other houses weren't available currently if the marketing plan wasn't laid out long ago. But I guess they could find another house member to introduce it...

Edited by Timlugia

1 hour ago, Timlugia said:

Just saw another new commercial on NoA Facebook, this time a male narrator.

About house narration, it's possible that VA for other houses weren't available currently if the marketing plan wasn't laid out long ago. But I guess they could find another house member to introduce it...

Where was this? I seem to be having difficulty finding it.

43 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Where was this? I seem to be having difficulty finding it.

I saw it under Facebook promotion part, checking all the comments were like 15 minutes ago so it's new.

Edited by Timlugia

Seems like the Japanese Twitter is moving onto gameplay now. Two videos about the co-ordinated attack (link) system.

In the first video, Dorothea has Thoron equipped. Meanwhile, Hubert has Mire B (Beta) in the second one.

When attacking an enemy, a Link {not official name but I took it from Heroes} can be performed when an ally that can also attack the enemy is adjacent. If you don't isolate your units, and have several units advance together, it becomes easier to use Links. Using Links raises certain parameters while attacking. Since it also raises Support levels between the two Linking units, it's good to use it proactively.

Edelgard: "I'll show you my power!"

"Do you know your place now?"

Links increase Hit and Avoid. The higher the Support level between the Linking units, the higher those stats are raised. When you're in front of a friend, you don't want to seen missing attacks or getting hit by the enemy after all. However, it's not guaranteed that you'll hit or dodge attacks, so don't rely too much on the power of bonds.

Caspar: "I'll send anyone in my way flying!"

23 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

In the first video, Dorothea has Thoron equipped. Meanwhile, Hubert has Mire B (Beta) in the second one.

The opposite, right?

Considering Dorothea has been seen using the thunder spell a bunch of times, I guess that confirms that she's specializes in lightning magic to some extent, as opposed to Annette specializing in wind, or Hubert in dark.

23 minutes ago, Cysx said:

The opposite, right?

Considering Dorothea has been seen using the thunder spell a bunch of times, I guess that confirms that she's specializes in lightning magic to some extent, as opposed to Annette specializing in wind, or Hubert in dark.

Yeah, I think I was looking at the Twitter timeline, haha.

That makes sense. I think Lysithea might be fire? She had a fireball in her Cipher artwork.

18 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Idk if this was already confirmed before, but just from listening to those two vids, I think Ablaze music is back. The beat sort of changed, and I could hear stronger percussion during combat.

Yeah it showed up a bunch during other footage which is great the music flows much better!

5 minutes ago, User name said:

care for a relaxing fishing session?

Burned a lot of time fishing and early source of income in BokuMono games. Nice almost the same process too even though my timing sometimes suck. 

Edited by Ririn

4 hours ago, User name said:

This is also a free action, apparently.

Hmmm... maybe if a Sunday has the icon, you get to do it for free?

In the E3 Treehouse presentation we saw Dining and Choir Practise take action points... and checking the calendar... ahh, no. Dining is on there. So the icon doesn't give you a free go.

Maybe... you get a free try at the beginning of the game? But no, this Byleth has 3 action points and are in the 9th month.

Interesting...

(And honestly, being free of actions points is probably the only way I'd do it.)